A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nearly 21 minute report of another doctor's dictation - crazy

Posted: Jan 01, 2014

I had a long, long report that was filled up mostly with another doctor's dictation, who was sitting nearby going a mile a minute dictating on his patient while my dictating doctor sat quietly thinking.  At least, I guess that's what he was doing, hard to tell, he was so quiet while page after page filled up with the report from another patient.  When my doctor resumed speaking, it was hard to find where his dictation began again.  The actual report turned out to be about a third of the length of the total dictation and took forever to complete.  Happy New Year!

Uck - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's what freaks me out...all these doctors who I have no idea if they're male or female, ESL or not, and they start their dictation going too fast for anything to pick them up, as in who they are, what kind of job they're dictating. They /usually/ slow down when it comes to patient info but not always. The only way I can figure out if it's the right doc or not is to see if what I'm /correcting/ matches up with other reports under their name in the repository. Again...uck.

I notice ASR is picking up and making up - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a lot of background noise..Remember before the updates, that it kind of (I say kind of) blocked that out..Now a doctor dictates a word and hesitates and the ASR finishes off the sentence with something that could actually be right but was never dictated. Its crazy, how do we let the doctors know the crap that is going on..MM should be kissing our tails for fixing this mess instead of paying us less.

ASR blunders - NY MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree - so frustrating when it is a clear dictator and ASR is missing words and adding words that are not spoken by the dictator. It is now expanding out the abbreviations (such as GERD and COPD) in the HPI and not doing it in the impression or diagnosis sections. It was working much better than this about 2 upgrades ago. Such a shame that we are wasting so much time correcting the ridiculous ASR mistakes!

Similar Messages:

Pay Per Minute Of Dictation
May 03, 2012

Hope everyone is having a great day...I have an interview for a position that pays by the minute of dictation...I have never been paid this way or no anyone who has so am at a total loss as to the average, what it calculates to per line, hour, etc.  Anyone who knows anything about this and can share would be so very much appreciated.  I have not interviewed yet so don't know the rate but just want some info so I don't go in completely in the dark. Thank you! ...

Paying MTs By The Minute Of Dictation
Apr 17, 2014

Just found this very interesting article about how MTSOs should consider charging by the minute instead of by the line. I imagine that would be a good idea for transcriptionists, because we would then be paid for the time we actually do transcribe versus by the line we may or may not transcribe. I remember wayyyy back in the golden days being paid by the minute (of dictation, and that was far more profitable for us as transcriptionists. Brace yourself, as this article refers to us as "transc ...

30 Minutes And Only Get 1 Minute Worth Of Dictation
Nov 07, 2010

Don't you hate when that happens. I was all stoked up to get some lines for once and what would you know. I should have known it was too good to be true. ...

41 Minute Dictation! 41 MINUTES! Of The Worst Dictator!
Oct 08, 2010

Is it too much to ask on my last shift before the weekend that I get some decent work?  I swear the transcription gods are punishing me! ...

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

In The Middle Of A 25 Minute Report
Jun 20, 2010

I get a pop up that says my current DQS log in has expired and the system will shut down. Then it shut down on me.  I was TYPING at the time.  I swear, if I log back in an all that work is gone, I am going to go ballistic on someone!! Has anyone else had this happen? ...

A 12 Minute Report Vanished
Mar 16, 2011

Usually, several  my ASR corrections are undone during the course of the report.  I have to proof and remake them.  This time, the whole report just went poof and was gone.  I immediately went to the "undo" feature to retrieve it and I could not.  Now I have to type the whole report over again.  This can't be profiting MedQuist.  They can't pay me any less, so they might as well allow me to be productive so, at least, they will benefit.  ...

How Many Errors In A 3-minute Report?
Apr 02, 2014

Well.... if it's from ILP 24.  That's after an MT handles it with 100% review, it's routed to QA automatically over there with 100% review, and then finally I get the lucky number.  Yippy!  Let's see if any others will top that today.  Sheesh.  Oh, and let's remember, Coumadin is used as an antibiotic!     ...

Heaven Help Me. An Almost 27-minute Report, ESL, Smacking Her Gum
Jan 27, 2012

in my ear and it's VR.  ARGGGGH! ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

OK I Have A Doctor Dictating A Re-dictation
Mar 14, 2012

I distinctly remember doing the original dictation a few weeks back...Now I have to wonder if I got paid for that job...How do they get lost? this was a unique kind of report so there is no doubt in my mind it was transcribed and sent through... ...

Does The Doctor Receive A Prize For Being The First One Done With His Dictation?????
Jul 02, 2012

I would be very happy today if someone would smack the doctor I am typing in the back of the head and say SLOW DOWN DUMMY!!  I usually don't mind filling in for someone who is on vacation, but damn I am glad this is NOT one of the providers I normally type.  Do they not understand that they sound mumbled when dictating so fast, not to mention the barely spoken words during the race to get to the next sentence!!  ARRGHH whew k that helped a little!!  I guess sometimes med ...

My Doctor Accidentally Encrypted His Dictation
Sep 04, 2014

Hi I posted this once but not sure if it went through.  I use Olympus Transcriptoin Kit and can usually transcribe any type of voice file by dragging it into the system.  One of my doctors accidentally encrypted his dictation and now my transcription module asks me for a password to decrypt it.  The problem being of course he doesn't even know how he did that and I am not sure how to get this encrypted from here. I don't think I can do it on my end and to ask him to figu ...

Has Anyone Ever Rated A Doctor's Dictation On Yelp?
Jan 27, 2015

I just heard about this website and am curious if it would help us if we started reporting things like Dr. Smith disgustingly smacks on gum while dictating or Dr. Jones rushes through his ROS and PE findings so fast that he cannot be understood????? ...

Obstinate Doctor Refuses To Clean Up Dictation
May 01, 2015

MTSO suit tries to go to bat for us and asks if he would slow down.  He won't. Makes you wonder who he is really battling here, as we are just trying to do a good job for him.  I don't understand this mentality at all.  We could save him a future lawsuit perhaps. Anyone know why they won't change their style?  Why they would dig in their heels in this way?  I have a pat paragraph for his Physical Exam I was artful enough to glean through with a fine-toot ...

Job (report) Revoked At End Of 26 Min Dictation?
Sep 03, 2012

Have you ever had a job cancelled or revoked after 26 minutes straight dictation?  This dictator changed his mind a lot, but I submitted with no blanks after 1 hour and 13 minutes.  This was extremely long.  A grey box came up saying "Submission revoked. Job canceled."  If he was going to cancel report, he should have done it in beginning, but he said "End of dictation" at assessment and plan, so I don't think he meant to cancel. I went back in and status says CANCELLED ...

Help - Where Do I Insert Doctor Number In Report?
Nov 09, 2010

Anyone know where to insert this dictation in report:   "Doctor number XXXX" ...

Curious For Those Paid By The "Minute Of Dictation"...
Jul 29, 2011

Just wondering what is the best we can do now days being paid "per minute".... which is not the most fair compensation... ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Doctor Starts Dictation With "Today Is Free Slurpee Day"
Jul 11, 2013

So I think I'll go get my free Slurpee - Doctor's orders.  ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

Psych Report + Doctor Says "full Psy-A"
Sep 11, 2010

On a psych consultation the doctors says what sounds like "full psy-A" indicates a high level of obsessiveness. I researched this heavily for an acronym that would match that study and did not find it.  I finally decided he was speaking in a clipped manner for "full psychoanalysis". What do you think? This is a new job and a new doc to me, so any help you can offer would be appreciated.  ...

Called Report To The "MOB" Doctor.
Jun 16, 2015

"The patient was recommended to be admitted for further observation and evaluatoin as well as management as needed.  I called report to the MOD, Dr. XXX."   This is an ESL doctor, so I may be slightly off on my letters, but I have never heard of MOD and can't find anything.  Does anyone know if this is correct or what MOD is?  ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...