A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Feedback on AAPC CPC prep course - mino

Posted: Feb 08, 2015

I am asking that anyone who has taken this course to please give me your opinion about it. I am specifically wondering if it does truly prepare you to pass the CPC exam. Thank for your replies.

Have you already taken a coding course? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
An exam prep course is not a full course. If you have not already taken a coding course, I do not know how a prep course is going to help.

Which course are you looking at and have you already completed a course or not?

If you ready know how to code, their prep courses are very helpful. Even the weekend reviews are good. I recommend them to anyone taking the exam.

Name of course - Mino

[ In Reply To ..]
The name of the CPC course given by AAPC is "training/certification" course. No, I have not taken another formal course. I am a MT who is seeking a change in professions. I have bought some books and tried to learn on my own, but I think that a course would be a better way to learn.

Can you post a link to it? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not have any course called "training/certification course." They have a lot of different courses. Please post a link to it, or the correct name, so we can see what you are considering.
Link - mino
[ In Reply To ..]
Here it is.

https://www.aapc.com/documents/cpc-preparation-course-syllabus_2015.pdfs.

Similar Messages:

AAPC CPC Prep Course (4 Month)
Jul 30, 2012

Hi - Has anyone here taken the 4-month AAPC CPC Preparation course?  How did you do on the CPC Exam?  ...

AAPC
Apr 10, 2010

How good are their coding classes?  I am looking for a accredited place.   Are there any other good places? ...

Prep
Aug 27, 2010

When the doctor says "there was some liquid stool and prep left in the colon.." are you supposed to type it "preparation"?  ...

Best RMT/CMT Prep Course To Take Is....?
Sep 03, 2011

Hey everyone! I'm looking into taking an RMT prep course to prepare me for the RMT exam and then will be going for the CMT exam later on.  I took my MT training with Career Step, but they keep pushing the time frame on re-releasing their RMT prep course back later and later.  It was due to release this August and now it will be mid-fall. I got an e-mail from M-Tec the other day about a RMT prep course they have, which was priced well and seemed to take a reasonable amount of tim ...

RMT Prep Courses
Feb 22, 2010

I have a question regarding the different prep courses offered for the RMT exam. There is one offered through OAK Horizons and one offered through Career Steps. I am wondering if anyone has used them and found them to be helpful at all or a complete waist of money. I really want to earn my RMT status, but I graduated from my mt course a little over a year ago and think that I could really use a refresher course. Any thoughts about these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Hemorrhoid Prep ?
Jun 30, 2010

ESL doctor dictating a hemorrhoid preparation s/l anoate, NOaid, anuate, anuH.  Really lost on this one.  Have been looking for hours so any help is appreciated.   ...

AAPC Coding Course... SM
Nov 06, 2010

Has anyone taking the coding course through the AAPC?  I am thinking of taking the outpatient coding course.  It has to be good, right?  I mean they administer the tests for the certification, etc.  My choices right now are Andrews, Career Step, and AAPC and I really am leaning towards AAPC.  Just thought I would check in and see if anyone has any opinions on this course....  Thanks Guys!!! ...

AAPC Coding Course
Nov 12, 2010

I am an MT totally ready to move out of the house, off my 16-hour chair sitting for peanuts and on to the coding field.  I have researched for months, looked here for months, and came upon this website, as well.  Just seeing if anyone out there would recommend the course from AAPC?  Thanks a bunch for your input and advice!!  I don't want to waste my time/money or be scammed.. (: Happy Friday all! ...

Has Anyone Taking The AAPC Course?
Jan 05, 2011

I cannot afford the money to go to a college, so I was wondering how good the AAPC course is.  HAs anyone taken it?  What did you think? ...

AHIMA/AAPC
Feb 25, 2011

Anyone out there a member of AHIMA or AAPC?  Did you join after you became certified, or before?  What are your thoughts about joining?   ...

CPC Course Through AAPC Extension
Jun 12, 2011

I'm taking the CPC coding course through AAPC.  I have four months to complete it, but haven't done so yet.  It says on their website that I can get an extension for $29.95 a month, but I can't find anywhere to send it?  Can somebody please help?  Thank's! ...

Best Credentialing Prep Course?
Nov 15, 2011

My company is offering an incentive in pay if I get credentialized, so I am going to go for CMT.     My question to all of you is which course is the best to take?  I see that Career Step, M-Tec, and Omniscribe offer prep courses, but I don't want to waste time and money on these if they will not adequately prepare me for the exam.  ...

Question About AAPC's CPC Course
Jul 07, 2013

So I've been thinking about the big transition from MT to coding myself. Has anyone done the AAPC's CPC course and if so, did you find the instructors helpful and that the course was beneficial? Did you find that employers accepted it as a good training program when you applied for a job? One thing I'm concerned about is that I don't see on their course where they are including anything about ICD-10 training. You would think since it's so close they'd go ahead and o ...

CareerStep Or AAPC
Feb 08, 2015

I know this question has been asked in the past, but most replies are 3-4 years old.  Looking at both programs, anybody taken either course?  Which would be the better of the two?  Also has anyone who has graduated from the CareerStep program gained employment with IOD? Thank you for your input! ...

Sweat Prep Test?
Feb 21, 2010

Is this a test?  I've searched it and find very little - maybe hearing it wrong? ...

AHIMA (CCS) Versus AAPC (CPC) Which Is Better?
May 09, 2010

There is a lengthy debate as to which of two certifications CCS or CPC are good choices and which will yield better result. The AAPC webiste states that the CPC is a physician/provider-based coding cert. Hospitals are usually looking for facility-based coding certifications, as those credentials apply to their line of business & clinical setting.Hospital certified coders generally code in the hospital (e.g., CPC-H, CCS) and physician certified coders (e.g., CPC, CCS-P) usually code in provid ...

Went To AAPC Chapter Mtg. Question Re CPC-H Vs CCS
May 31, 2010

I had a great time as a guest at a local AAPC chapter meeting last week. The subject was Coding as a Career which was perfect for a first-timer! I noticed that CPC has an "H" credential for hospital. How does that compare to the CCS credential which is for inpatient coding? The main speaker who started out with AHIMA credential and has added AAPC said that CPC is becoming more popular. She is a department head and has hiring responsibility for a large hospital/clinic system. She said they woul ...

CMT Exam Test Prep
Nov 10, 2010

After being so tired of not being taken seriously and dealing with management shifts that don't know me from Jane, I really would like to take the CMT test.  I've been doing this for 13 years so not a newbie but honestly the test scares me.  I would like to take one of the prep course but don't really know which one to take.  I don't want to overdue if not needed and the prices for the courses vary by quite a bit.  AHDI has multiple classes listed but I� ...

Anyone Taken The Test And Used The CMT Prep Quizzes CDs?
Nov 30, 2010

Has anyone taken the test and used the CMT prep quizzes CDs?  Are they useful for the test? ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...

Help With ORIF Procedure Prep
Apr 11, 2012

Once the manipulation was completed, the tourniquet was placed around the upper thigh and the left lower extremity was prepped with s/l prellgo/perlgo and draped in a sterile fashion.    Thanks! ...

When To Joint AHIMA And AAPC?
Jun 28, 2012

I am currently in Andrews and wonder when would be a good time to join these organizations? I checked out AHIMA and their student designation is only for approved schools, and since Andrews is not, I would have to pay the full price of $165 before taking the CCS exam. The exam itself costs 299 for members and 399 for nonmembers. For AAPC, their student membership costs 70 and does not seem to be tied to "approved schools." I'm just a low-paid MT and wondering if I should spring for thes ...

How About Training Direct From AAPC
Sep 18, 2012

Ok, how about this program. It is directly from AAPC. Anyone on here received their CPC or CPC-H from this course? http://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-complete-training-package.aspx  So, let me have it... the good the bad and the ugly. ...

Fluoroscopy Sterile Prep
Sep 17, 2013

Extremely strong Israeli accent performing cervical ESI using some type of solution for sterile prep and drape that sounds like chlorograt.  Any suggestions?? Am drawing a complete blank. ...

Chloraseptic Prep Stick?
Feb 20, 2014

Has anyone heard of chloraseptic prep stick for knee surgery. ...

AAPC Statement On ICD-10 Delay
Apr 03, 2014

Open Letter from CEO: ICD-10 Delay April 3, 2014 Thank you for your commitment to your profession and all you do to help AAPC advance the business of healthcare. I write to you as a follow up to the email we sent Monday night regarding Senate passage of HR 4302 and the delay in ICD-10. President Obama signed the bill into law Tuesday morning, officially shifting the deadline for ICD-10 compliance from October 1, 2014 to no earlier than October 1, 2015. AAPC remains dedicated to helping the in ...

AAPC Versus Andrews
Jan 29, 2015

I am considering switching my career to coding and am checking into courses - there is a drastic difference in the cost of AAPC versus Andrews. If someone can give an opinion on the difference and if Andrews is much better, please do so. If AAPC is good enough to further my career, I would like to know that also. I have been told that Andrews would give me a CCS and I don't know if that is necessary. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Fluid Aspirate - S/l Corahexadine Prep ??
Nov 10, 2009

x ...

Carol Buck Coding Prep Course
May 07, 2010

Is anyone familiar with all the Carol Buck books for coding certification training?  I'm attempting to go through her 2010 Step-By-Step Medical Coding book and workbook along with the online "course" through Elsevier that accompanies the text.  My plan is to finish this and then move on to her The Next Step Advanced coding book and workbook, and then go through her 2010 Online Internship.  Here is what the publisher says about the "internship."  Get the practice you nee ...

So The Question Still Remains -- AAPC Or AHIMA
May 09, 2010

i understand one is more geared towards outpatient and one more toward inpatient, but the question still remains, one is a 4 month full time course and one is a 1 year or so.  But the question still does remain, WHICH organization has a better well rounded LEARN MEDICAL CODING TO GET AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB in Todays Market?  for the newbie?   anyone?????????  please ...