A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

gross, disgusting and abusive - Ang

Posted: Jun 16, 2011

Just typed a report that I can honestly say is probably the most disgusting dictation I have ever done in 30 years.  Dictator (ha ha - joke!) was chomping very loudly on chips, rustling bag and sucking and sloberring.  If I were talking to a person doing that I would walk away so fast she would choke on her own slobber.   Listening to it is abuse in my opinion.

OOOPS - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
OOPS - Slobbering - too much spit in my ears! BAAAARFFFFFFF, GAAAAAAAAGGG

Ugh... - X

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one that would eat, and then BELCH right into the recorder. Heaven forbid when he got a cold...EWW! What a disgusting way to behave, and they are supposed to be medical professionals. His dictations were challenging anyway because he didn't care to actually enunciate, and running everything together as quickly as he could was his "specialty." I think they should be required to listen to their OWN dictations...all the way through. Not that it would bother people like that, but I would feel better knowing they had to do it.

Ugh... - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked inhouse we had a stat transfer from the ER and I was fairly new and could not understand the dictation. I knew I could do it if I understood what he said. They kept calling and I finally told my coworker for the doc to come down and let me know what he was saying. He did and I let him listen and he said "I sound like that?" He just talked over my shoulder for the rest of the dictation.

Ooops - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Your posts are making me gag. Why are you accentuating this problem by posting such things?

re: abusive??? - Spockette

[ In Reply To ..]
OH PLEEEEASE! We've been dealing with THAT forever! Abusive? Then at dinner time my 4 year old is abusing me! Especially with crunchy garlic bread! ROFLMAO!

AND, this isn't MQ board worthy!

...iMo

is to me - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Board worthy to me - I stand by my comment - this was no 4 y/o.

Whenever someone calls me on the phone - Feel your pain

[ In Reply To ..]
eating, I tell them to call me back when they are finished eating and then hang up (which makes some very upset). I think it is very rude for someone to make a phone call while eating, chewing gum/candy, burping, etc. I have to listen to this crap all day while working and cannot do anything about it or walk away and perhaps I am a bit more sensitive because of it, but I certainly will not put up with it from friends and family.

gross - Catatoonia

[ In Reply To ..]
They are gross. As you listen to this doctor, ask yourself, "Does this person have a kind bone in his/her body?" Surprising, isn't it? You would not think these people would get into medical school.

The punishment for my doctor who forces me to listen to her eat and try to figure out what she is saying with her mouth full is she is fat. Tiring to be on your feet all day as a doctor even if you're not overweight!

Ang - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Annoying? Yes. Downright aggravating? Yes. ABUSE? No. It comes with the job. You need to cowgirl up!

Abusive - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that it is abusive. IMHO, abuse in dictations is where rudeness has progressed to "the next level", where so-called intelligent people pretend to be clueless, where their selfishness is broadcasted in their dictations. These so-called dictators, who are apparently educated, should be held to a higher standard than any child.

My friend who does general transcription, mostly of speeches, says that she never has to deal with such behavior on the part of dictators. Of course, what person would ever give a speech while talking fast, chewing, eating, snorting, etc.?

Yes, I am doing my best to find a job in general transcription.

gross, disgusting and abusive - Dede

[ In Reply To ..]
I have experienced the same problem, particularly with the dictators who are already difficult to understand. They chomp and smack, while I sit (unpaid) waiting for them to finish, so that I can earn my 0.0000001 cent. Another definite abuse is when they cough, blow, or sneeze into the microphone, or when they just bang the phone down when they are done. I told MQ about how this could be damaging to our hearing, and they don't care. Perhaps I should call up MQ management, and when they answer, sound an air-horn into the phone.

hilarious - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the laugh, Dede you are too funny - good idea about the air horn too.:) There used to be a phenomenon where a super loud piercing tone would go off before the dictation started - eardrum piercing.

ew, now there's a visual. we should have honk your boss day! - works for me. TinnitusTammy

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Dede - Disgusted with the whiners

[ In Reply To ..]
Or maybe he or she should become a neurosurgeon or a CPA or something else and leave the profession. Do y'all want some cheese with that whine?

I get the feeling - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I get the feeling that you are NOT a medical transcriptionist. Or maybe you have been blessed with a really good account where the speaker or speakers are pleasant. At any rate, I find it hard to believe that you would tolerate such abusive behavior on the part of dictators for long. Or, maybe, you have just resigned yourself to accepting the abusive behavior as "part" of your job? That's so sad. I will think of you the next time a dictator coughs loudly in my ear more than once during the same report...

Similar Messages:

Synnernet EXTREMELY ABUSIVE To Employees
Apr 08, 2013

Synnernet is HORRIDLY abusive to its employees/"staff".   ...  Continuously changing hours, pay, requirements, cherry picking the best jobs by some staff, rude from the top...  Someone needs to grow some hair on their chest and SUE SUE SUE   ...

Disgusting!
Nov 18, 2011

Just saw an ad for an MT for 2.5 cents a line. Traced it back and it comes from India. Forgot the best part - they're US doctors. ...

A Disgusting Thought!!
Jun 29, 2012

You know how we supposedly don't get paid something or other about the headers being the mandatory headers on the left side of the document in DocQScribe?  Now that they are putting already typed standards over there on the side do for the physical exam and review of systems do we not get paid for that?  I notice they have the little || signs when you pull them in.  I have a sickening feeling this means we are not going to be getting paid to do the PE and ROS anymore.  C ...

The Hatred On This Board Is Disgusting. If You Are Happy, You Are Accused Sm
Mar 22, 2011

of being management. If you have a complaint, you are accused of being a troll or whatever the current word is.  If you give an opinion, you are bashed, and if you give advise, you start a string of hateful posts.  I wish you all the best.  I am leaving this profession and will never look back.  I would rather work at Burger King than deal with the cattiness, the low pay and the stress.  I am going to work in registration at a hospital and can't wait to start the n ...

VR Gross Out
Jun 19, 2010

Ironically, the VR put in exactly what it sounded like. VR:  "...then had a significant episode of diarrhea, several cups in the mouth." I changed it to 'in amount' Dontcha love accents!! ...

How Can Gross Lph Be More Than Net Lph?
Feb 17, 2011

Got my ASR production report. My net lph is 100 lines greater than my gross lph. The definition of gross is the the total before any deductions. The definition of net is gross minus deductions. Good grief. This is my report from last week. Last week I really put my nose to the grind stone and gave it full effort in the hopes that it would be reflected in my count. Nada, nothing. My count was exactly the same as when I don't have my nose to the grind stone. They want your hand o ...

Gross Pay?
Nov 09, 2011

How are supposed to determine our gross pay from our pay stubs?  I'm in the process of filling out an application that asks for my gross pay, and I franky don't know.  I can't even tell if I'm getting minimum wage for my state. ...

Gross
Mar 20, 2014

I just had a speaker burp and didn't say "Excuse me." The things we put up with as an MT. ...

What Is Our Gross Pay?
Dec 17, 2014

On the new pay grid, it's broken down and then it says total compensable lines and then a dollar amount. Is that dollar amount the pay for the week? If so mine is like $200 lower than usual. I hope I'm reading this wrong. ...

Gross Encolongitis?
Sep 08, 2010

P-ANCAs are seen in autoimmune GI diseases such as autoimmune hepatitis, s/l "gross encolongitis" and inflammatory bowel disease.  I cannot find anything close online, so I'm assuming I'm way off...any ideas? ...

4.5 Cpl For A Gross Line?
Aug 19, 2012

Considering taking a new job but wondering if I'd be getting screwed.  Owner is offering 4.5 cpl for a gross line, and they use the line count function in Word to count their lines.  On the sample test document they have their margins stretched about as far as they can go.  I make 8 cpl right now on a 65 character line, typing in Word, and by the formula I'm paid by now it looks like 4.5 cpl would be almost half of what I'm making now for the same document.  Ow ...

C5-T1 Gross ___ Sensation Is Intact
Dec 07, 2012

C5-T1 gross ___ sensation is intact ...

Paying By Gross Line
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line? ...

Gross Versus Custom Lines
Jan 29, 2013

There Were 8 Through-and-through Injuries Of Th Small Bowel With Gross Spillage
May 10, 2010

of s/l "suck-a-sue-tericus" throughout the perintoneum.  ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...

On Bilateral Lower Extremity Exam, She Has 5/5 Gross Motor Strength For Hip Flexors, Abductors, Exte
Sep 05, 2013

I know "tiban" isn't correct.  What is it?  Thanks. ...

What Does "LIAL" Stand For In Relation To Gross Line Rate?
Apr 08, 2011

There is an ad on the job board paying by the gross line with the initials LIAL in parentheses after the words "gross line."  What does this mean? ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...