A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend Full time status quotas - newb

Posted: Apr 27, 2011

I'm a newbie at Transcend and find I like it more than expected based on board comments.  I am also new to VR - and also find that I like that too! 

My question is this, for any long-time Transcenders...I am nowhere near making the minimum $$ amount required for full-time status, which I was hired at.  What happens after the 90 day trial period -   Do you think I would be let go??  I would like to just be considered part-time at that point. 

not sure but - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it will depend upont your ROM and TL... they usually work with you and advise you to do the tutorials on the MLS website. Your QA score would be probably be considered and if they have trained you on the account and you have become familiar and are dependable and work your shift and they can rely that you will be there I can't imagine that your minimum $$ for full time would be the only consideration for them. I have worked part-time for going on 4 years with this company and have always found the company and the 2 regions have worked for to be really really great... hope it works out for you.

thanks for your input :) - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I do like my TL and my account. I will see what happens and talk to her about it when the time comes.

They let me go part time because I am not able to do the 22,000 lines a pay period - depends

[ In Reply To ..]
that will be required for full time status. I like to edit, but the platform is so slow I cannot get any speed while I work because I have to wait for everything to "happen". It sometimes takes 30-45 seconds after I verify demographics to get back into the report and it takes about the same amount of time for it to get ready to close a report. Seems to me they could at least fix that part of their stuff.

full time impossible? - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't imagine even trying to hit full-time status. It would be a lot easier if all the pay was with typing lines, but the edit line rate is so horrible, plus all the ESL dictators. I'm a quick editor (390-410 lph), but I could still do a lot of this quicker typing, especially ESL. Way too much to fix. And you are right about response time. I got a new computer and it made a huge difference on how quickly the Blue I information goes away so I can get on with the report.

Check your computer - and internet connection

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sitting here with a 4-year-old Dell computer, running XP, and my internet is DSL. In other words, not exactly the fastest system out there.

And yet, I don't have anywhere near the processing delays that you do, so I wonder if there is something going on at your end.

Check your computer for everything that could be slowing it down--viruses, spyware, fragmentation, you name it. Hire a (trustworthy) geek to have a look at it if you don't know how to do those things yourself.

And then have a look at your internet connection. Is anyone else using it at the same time you are trying to work? Because if I'm trying to do something bandwidth-intensive on the other computer while I'm trying to work, it slows my work WAY down, and I have to go stop my downloading movie. If there is someone else in your household who is downloading movies, or playing World of Warcraft, or anything like that, yes, it WILL slow you down. Massively.

Also, there has been a recent news story about making sure, if you are using a wireless router, that it is locked down and password-protected, because if it isn't, your neighbors could be downloading movies (or worse) on your bandwidth and you wouldn't even know about it.

Do, please, check out all of these possibilities. You could even call Transcend tech support and see if they can help you with any of it, or at least advise you what to look for. I've dealt with them a lot, and they have always been really, really great.

Similar Messages:

What Are YOUR Full-Time Quotas?
Mar 04, 2012

Hey!  Fellow MT/MEs, I am wondering if any of you could drop a post into this thread telling me what your company/employer is imposing on you as far as transcribing and editing quotas, daily, weekly, either way.  Where I work, we just switched 5 months ago to Nuance's eScription VR platform, so now we do both transcribing and editing.  We actually have a union "representing" us and when this new technology was implemented, we went to the table (I had the pleasure of being a ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Tempted To Go Full-time IC Status
Dec 16, 2014

I have a great part-time IC job that I really love. It is so stress-free and I only hear from my account manager when she sends me my pay summary right before pay day. I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have found them especially after working as an employee for a couple other MTSOs. My employee jobs have been so stressful and QA can be so petty with a lot of these places. We have QA where I work now, but I have absolutely no complaints and literally almost always score 100% Here ...

What Are Full-time Status Requirements At MModal?
Feb 06, 2013

I was a loyal Transcend employee; took a lot of heat on these boards for defending them, got accused of being a suit and worse (I've been a suit and trust me, it's overrated). Now, Nuance has hit me with a 20% pay cut for no reason other than that's just what they do to everybody, and QA people who have never even SEEN the account I've worked on for 4 years are nickel-and-diming me for things I know for a fact I have typed exactly the way the client wants. Now we have to sign ...

Code Status Is S/l Full Let And DNR
Oct 16, 2009

code status is s/l full let and DNR ...

Full Code Status
Dec 31, 2010

Do I capitalize "full code status" ie, The patient was on full code status. ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Not Even A Full Week Under Transcend And
Feb 06, 2010

already my primary is running out of work.  What kind of omen is that?  My backup accounts had very little work as well.  One of my coworkers told me PT and IC were told to stay off her primary the other day.  I thought we'd at least get 6 months in before we started scraping for work.  Is Transcend listed under the TAA?  If not, it should be.  That's all I'm really holding out for.  If they want to pay for me to go back to school, that sui ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...

Has Anyone Gone Full-time To Part-time
Mar 28, 2014

Has anyone gone full-time to part-time and then worked part-time at another company as well? I can't keep having my pay go up and down with this incentive nonsense. Need more stability. Way too much stress.   ...

MDI-Transcend IC Status
Nov 23, 2009

Got my packet today.  Not a word about IC option.  Has anyone been okayed to go ahead as IC status yet?  It's obvious in all the calls that employee status is the big push and I wonder how easy they are going to make it to be an IC instead. ...

Transcend Pay For CMT Status?
Dec 20, 2010

Does Transcend or ANY company pay for CMT status?  I used to have this certification but it was never recognized.  Wondered if things have changed.  Thanks. ...

Anybody Know About Getting Time Off For Part-time Status
May 04, 2012

I just switched to part-time status due to a court reporting program I have been taking and need 4 hours a day to practice my speed.  I couldn't really figure out the time off situation. I don't care about PTO but want to take time off when I need it.  Anybody know anything about this?  Thanks.  ...

Transcend Statutory Status
Feb 22, 2010

Is everybody at Transcend statutory employees?  I signed up for full time but my pay stub says statutory.  ...

Anyone Full-time At TTS?
Dec 01, 2009

I am curious about a full-time position at a company called TTS.  For those full-time, is the work steady.  How many lines/week do you average there?  Is there overtime available? Thanks! ...