A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend Gift - MT

Posted: May 17, 2010

If Transcend was going to send me something worth less than a dollar store item, I would have rather had the dollar. 

Some of you will blast me for not appreciating the gift I did receive as you didn't get anything, but sometimes it is best NOT to get something.  Like when you leave a penny for your server.  That is meant to be a slap in the face.  If you leave nothing they just think you forgot! 

This little star clip thing is a slap in the face!  Give me a break!  The card said it is because we are stars.  Are you flipping serious? 

Transcend gift - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember the old addage, "It's the thought that counts??" I have worked for companies before that did absolutely nothing to show their appreciation during this week, so if a company I work for does anything to show their appreciation, even if it is a "little star clip thing" I would so happy that they thought of me to send me something to show they appreciate me.

It is cheap and the rhetoric they use so some fool might think Transcend thinks - cut the baloney

[ In Reply To ..]
you are important - i.e., "you are all stars", is an insult. There is not a single human or subhuman in that entire company that values an MLS. You are just another slave waiting to be sold to the highest bidder. This company is the lowest class company I have ever seen.

Exactly - What junk

[ In Reply To ..]
They basically used their marketing budget to send us gifts. Put their logo on a plastic star with a clip and came up with "you are all stars." Why not put the logo on a pen - at least I can write with it. Maybe a mug? I like coffee! Something useful instead of a plastic star. My husband said, "why did they send you a roach clip?"

My husband and I both LOLd at "roach clip" - GigglingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably cost more to mail that than it did to make it, lol!
... - noid
[ In Reply To ..]
Me too! Wasn't laughing so hard when they called the next day and showed their appreciation for MT Week with a pay cut though. Might need to use that "roach clip" to get over it.
Because they know we're going to need that roach clip - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
to de-stress from this job? LOL!
LOL! - GigglingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
No kidding! Maybe next year it'll be a martini shaker?
Or a margarita machine ;) - lol
[ In Reply To ..]
x
LMAO! This is hilarious! (nm) - need2work
[ In Reply To ..]
Love a sense of humor!

You can have my starfish. - No msg.

[ In Reply To ..]

Okay, I'll take him, lol! - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
After all the attention he's drawn on the boards today, you could probably sell him on Ebay for a few bucks, lol! I still don't get the Acusis/starfish connection but it's given so many giggles today I'd probably bid on it!
Starfish explanation -- (sm) - from Achoo!-sis
[ In Reply To ..]
This year we got little orange stuffed starfishes wearing little t-shirts that say Acusis on them. They resemble dog-toys.

How much bonus do the suits in these top-heavy - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
corporations get? And the MTs get a 10-cent trinket as their bonus and thank-you? It really does sound like an intentional slap in the face.

I think I just threw up in my mouth - Not Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
What is really sad is seeing how beaten down some MTs are that they will turn ANYTHING into a little 'appreciation'. Like a beaten spouse, just looking for some, any form of 'appreciation.' Wonder if the CEO of Transcend wears a 'wife-beater' at home (you know, a white, probably torn, undershirt, a la Marlon Brando. Yes, I am old. Why do you ask? LOL.)

I can beat that. Acusis gave us a stuffed starfish. - "What week is it, again? I forgot."

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

...a starfish wearing a little TEE-SHIRT! - Rainbow

[ In Reply To ..]
My mother was with me when the package came in the mail. I explained MT Week, and she asked (snidely) "Are they giving you a gold star for being good?"

I opened the package: Close, Mom! Not a gold star but a little stuffed orange starFISH with a tee-shirt and beady eyes.

I sniffed it, hoping it was really a sachet filled with lavender for my underwear drawer. No such luck. Still, it was such a ridiculous gift, I LOL'd and that made my week. :-)

LOL, thanks for sharing that... - Hilarious

[ In Reply To ..]
I was literally LOLing as I read your post...gold star versus orange starfish, lol!

I even googled "Acusis" to see if it had some deep-seated meaning associated with a starfish or ANYTHING ocean-related.

Nope. Nada. Zip.

Which, as you said, makes it a great gift just for the giggles it brought when you opened it, lol!

and of course, the teeshirt says "Acusis" on it. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
While impractical, I think it sounds adorable, lol! - RubySoho
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd probably think it was the cutest thing ever, lol! I'm a dork like that :-)
I think we"re supposed to put them on our desks to - remind us to type faster, with less mistakes.
[ In Reply To ..]
Either that, or else it has some sort of hidden antenna in it that tracks what we post on here.

Or, maybe if we fall below our minimum line count or accuracy level, it's set to explode.

The thing gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Well, turn him over... sm - Rainbow
[ In Reply To ..]
... so his beady little eyes aren't staring at you all day. I don't know about you, but I can't type very fast if someone's watching me.

LOLOLOL, too funny! - RubySoho
[ In Reply To ..]
Sitting here transcribing at 1:15 a.m. PST and literally laughing out loud at these posts about "THE STARFISH." Now that you've suggested he's there to keep one of his beady little eyes on you, it just reached another level of giggling on my end. Think if I emailed Acusis and asked if they had any leftover MT week starfish from last year they'd sell me one? Geez, and I normally don't even like stuffed toy but I feel like I need an Acusis starfish, LOL!!!
LOL - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Had to laugh at your remark. I would feel the same - use it as dog toy.

SO TIRED OF FELLOW MT'S NEGATIVITY - nigbl

[ In Reply To ..]
It is to the point now that I plan to stop visiting the MT Stars website after posting this. This was once an informative, helpful and just plain "there" for us MT's site where we were able to communicate, inquire and even vent frustrations with another "fellow" MT who understood and was supportive.

It has now, in my opinion, become a negative, spiteful, hateful, ingrateful, criticizing, discouraging, stab-your-fellow man in the back, name-calling, "poor pity me" site and I for one have had ENOUGH!

The final line has been crossed with me and so I say so-long to all of you. I hope that the ones who succeeded in turning this once respectable site into the smuck it has now become are proud of yourselves.

Oh, and by the way, I have always believed in the "little things". Just a note, a thank you, a writing pin, heck even a stick of gum from an organization recognizing me for something, anything - especially in this day and age - makes me feel kinda special. It is time and effort taken - even if only 3 seconds - it is still time and effort taken - to be sure and mention or give something - to someone. How many of you go out of your way to take the time and effort to even keep in touch with old friends or co-workers much less a couple of seconds for a complete stranger? A couple of cents for an employee? A few extra breaths of air? A few syllables muttered?

WELL I FOR ONE SAY - THANK YOU!! I DO APPRECIATE IT!!

So tired of MTSO"s choice to turn MT into a back- - stabbing profession. We didnt start out that

[ In Reply To ..]
way, the seeds of our lousy attitudes were sewn and carefully cultivated by the greed of most MT employers.

I'm sorry, but a cheap Chinese trinket once a year does NOT make up for 364 days of pay-cutting, line-count-cheating, transcription platform nightmares, degrading rules and regulations, and snippy emails. It's making many of us physically ill. If a little griping can settle our stomachs, then I say GO FOR IT. It beats some of the alternatives.

As an MT - Not An MTSO - I'm tired of MTs who got into MT thinking it was all fun and games - Something else I want to say

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been watching conversations and I've come to the conclusion that there are lots of "MTs" here who, if we knew the truth, really aren't qualified MTs. Their employers choose to keep them on anyway, possibly because they work cheap, and that isn't wise of the MTSO either. In other words, I think we have dozens of MTs who don't have MT skills and are wondering why they aren't doing well. They may have had a successful job with a company and when they lost that job that didn't require serious skills, they find that they don't have what most MTSOs require from an MT - Skills.
I never thought it was fun and games, but thought it was a paid gig! - pl
[ In Reply To ..]
And by paid, I didn't mean minimum wage or less. I guess I'm crazy/lazy/whiny/uneducated/unqualified. You know, with a Bachelors degree, 10 years of experience, started reading at 3 and writing soon after. You know--unskilled.
I wouldn't do it either if I were making that little - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
apparently "fair wage" equals "fun and games!" - sm - sssdt
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe someone said that MTs who expected to be treated fairly, paid well, and not lied to are just wanting "fun and games!" Who says something like that?
I don't think that's what was said - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
then what WAS said? - sm - sssdt
[ In Reply To ..]
The said "I'm tired of MTs who got into MT thinking it was all fun and games" in response to someone who said the line counts were being altered and MT pay was decreasing. The "fun and games" poster also said that a lot of people on here were obviously unqualified and shouldn't be allowed to be MTs anyway.

There aren't too many ways to interpret what they said, so I think it's pretty obvious.
... thought it was a paid gig! -- LOVE this! I totally agree! NM - need2work
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with this!
have to agree - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree. I had a conversation recently with a former supervisor (we lost the contract to another service) and she made the statement to me, that so many of the MTs that worked for the former service did not really know what they were doing and she had to spend a large part of their day ocrrecting their mistakes. Too many people have gotten into this profession for the wrong reason. Just my two cents.
What? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
So because there are some MTs that do this for the wrong reason, the rest of us have to suffer? We all get plastic stars because some MTs are terrible? Is that our fault or the fault of the company for hiring people who don't know what they are doing and paying us all crap? You make a lousy point. That is my TWO CENTS - you know the two cents we will soon be making because poor little supervisors have to correct work from MTs that they hired in the first place. I'm not into this for fun and games either. I don't want to do word puzzles to get a prize. I am not a rat hoping to win the cheese. I want to get paid what I'm worth - that's it! Say thank you - don't send me a star and hope I pee myself with gratitude. Do you honestly think MTs are in this for fun and games? Get over yourself. That is what we are complaining about - getting treated like children and getting a gold star.
I think it's coming back to bite them now because of the times we live in - Skills Matter More Than Ever
[ In Reply To ..]
For a long time just about anyone could get some kind of MT job and they thought they were MTs. I've been told many times by MTs that they were very good at their job, when they weren't. I have mixed emotions about the changes I see happening. I hate for anyone to lose their jobs, but at the same time, I like the fact that skills matter.
skills matter - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
In the past week, I have applied to approximately 6 companies, heard back promptly and have received 5 offers, accepted one, and waiting to interview with another company tomorrow. I really can't take a third shift position because of the fact that I am in an apartment and with a mini parrot and want to make sure that my other neighbors get some sleep.

This professsion has turned into "prima donnas." I have been in this profession close to 30 years, and yet, when older MTs offer a bit of advice, it is replied to in a nasty manner. There is way too much "sheep behavior" on this board -- ie one person following another person to a company. As has been said here, what may be a good fit for one person, may not be perfect for another. Right now, I got hired with a small MTSO, I am in daily phone contact with my QA/person trainer, as well as the MTSO, and have a WONDERFUL tech support guy (I thought that my virus protection was running, when in fact, it wasn't) and found out I had SEVERAL viruses on my computer. He spent eight hours on Friday getting my computer back in shape and right now, it is like Fort Knox.

So many people get into this profession without knowing how to research -- that is the key. Some platforms will work with the newer systems, but if a company says "Windows XP" thats pretty much what they mean. The newer computers with Vista and Windows 7 can also support a dual boot system, but a person has to have SOME knowledge of computers and just not go out and blindly buy.

I really suggest that for those of you that are having problems, to do the BEST you can -- It may mean "being chained to the computer," but I have been there as well and on average with my previous job made $2000 a pay period. It is going to be a transition for me because of a pay cut, but you have to be dedicated as well, and COMMUNICATE with your companies about why you need time off -- sick kid, school stuff, etc, but also understand that you are an employee and you have to act professionally as well -- believe me, the MTSOs do come on these boards and read.

I am not a suit, but another MT who understands that even though YOU may want to work 6-2 or a 9-5 schedule, its not gonna happen. I will be working hopefully, as an IC mornings and as an employee evenings. You cannot have a "set in stone schedule" and the whiners and complainers are going to be found out -- the MTSOs do have a "do not hire list" and they do communicate.
Good message. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I kiss you now - .

[ In Reply To ..]
***SMACK****

I was thinking the same thing today

You can have mine, and maybe I can round up a few more for you.nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

just curious - annab

[ In Reply To ..]
I was reading all the posts and was wondering what was meant by your statement - You can have mine and maybe I can round up a few more for you? I am not trying to be sarcastic or anything, i just simply did not understand the comment and was just curious if you would mind explaining it - I guess it just went over my head - did it mean that you agreed with nigbl or that you disagreed?

Starfish for sale. Cheap. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's got beady lil eyes, is bright orange and its T-shirt says Acusis... - I bid 25 cents!
[ In Reply To ..]
Haha, the more I hear about it and the story behind it, the cuter it sounds!

I appreciate the gesture from Transcend too. - gratitude goes a long way.

[ In Reply To ..]
Whether you believe in random laws of nature or in God, you ought to see what gratitude can do for you. It is so much more sweet than harboring the bitterness, anger or sarcasm. Maybe it results in the difference between a happy and an unhappy person. JMO!

True, but misery LOVES company - They enjoy being miserable

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's a law of nature

People who find work they enjoy, do it well, work hard, have good work ethics and a great attitude, seem to have much better 'luck' than the 'woe is me' crowd. They are miserable. They always will be miserable. That's just the way it is. We can't help them because they don't want to be helped.

So am I. People who are happy just don't have much to say other than - I love my job

[ In Reply To ..]
You can only say that so many times and then you need to go do your work. People who hate their jobs have lots of time to sit around making each other miserable. Not very productive, but that's just the way it is. Misery loves company.

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way! - agree

[ In Reply To ..]
I so agree with you. I used to come to this website every single day but now I might check it out once every two months and when I do check it, it is the same old crap. NEGATIVITY, COMPLAINING, WHINING. I know I am very grateful to have a job in this economy and to be able to work at home....who can beat that?

Rather have a $25 Starbucks card for MLS week (without having to win a quiz)! - Is it better than the year that MQ sent out the "w

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband used to joke about the MQ lip balm. I went to throw it away - he never throws ANYthing away. So, each time he used it, he would say things like "oh, wait, I suddenly have this urge to go work some place for free" or other things along the same line.

:-)

oops, sorry, my message was cut off - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it better than the year that MQ sent out the "work for free" lip balm is what it was supposed to say.

Sorry 'bout that

Uh oh, now youre making me wonder about what evil - - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
secret mind-altering ingredient might have been injected into the stuffing of my starfish.
I think your Acusis starfish is the hit of the day, lol! - Love it!!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, I have never worked for Acusis (actually barely heard of them), but that lil stuffed starfish just sounds cuter all the time, lol!

they sent out lip balm that said "work for free" on it? WOW - nm - sssdt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That was worse than the chapstick from MQ - TRCR/MDIer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree that the card would have been enough. The star clip was a slap in the face. Sometimes it not always the thought that counts, especially when very little thought went in it.

On the bright side, our TLs are playing games via email with us to win various gift cards. Now that sounds like a winner to me!

I thought the clip was to put the laminated card in. At least that is what I did with mine... - oh well

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the card of values and the flip side of dangerous abb. was helpful and appropriate for MT week. I just assumed that the star clip thingy was so you could clip the card in it and have it on your desk. I didn't consider it a "slap in the face" and what not. Many other places I worked did nothing, not even acknowledge that there was a MT week. Some people always have to have something to complain about I suppose.

But the laminated card falls off... - pretty bad

[ In Reply To ..]
The clip on the star doesn't even hold the card sent with it. You can justify the gift all you want. There wasn't much thought put into this. When my grandma sends me a sweater I don't like, I know she tried and she loves me. No one tried here. You are missing the point.
No, I got the point. Just throw it out if you don't like it ... - oh well
[ In Reply To ..]
I just don't get the point of coming onto this website and anonymously complaining all of the time. I wonder if no one has anything better to do with their time

card/star - tired, tired mT

[ In Reply To ..]
The laminated card would have been ok if they had not FOLDED IT IN HALF so it would fit in the envelope!

I would love to meet the ones in charge of picking a starfish and clip star - - who are these nutjobs?..nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Whoever they are, they get paid more than we do! - wives of CEOs maybe

[ In Reply To ..]
It gives them variety - it surely gets boring having to think up a new way of cutting our wages every day. Cheap trinkets are bound to fill us with gratitude instead of, oh, I dunno, PAYCHECKS?!?

LOL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I can imagine them now sifting through bulk party catalogs, "oh look at the pretty star thingy" "hmmm...I can't decide between the star roach clip or the crazy straw?" "they can drink their coffee out of crazy straws - what a hoot!" "oh but look we can get a 500 pack of erasers that smell like watermelon" "what about gum?" Do MTs like gum?" "Oh this is so hard" "I'm tired, I have looked at this catalog for a whole 25 minutes - whew" "let's go with the plastic star" Yippeee!!! "oh and we can call them stars because they like stars, they always visit MTStars" Yipeeee!!!
Too funny - I can actually picture that! (nm) - Giggling
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, actually I've worked in offices where the doc's wife was the "manager," and that's pretty much how clueless they are about us, lol!

It always seems to be the lunatics that get moved up - into management, doesnt it? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Is there a "starfish" section on eBay? - n/msg

[ In Reply To ..]

MT WEEK GIFTS - WE GET NADA - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
We never get Zilch from my company - at least then spent a dollar and 47 cents to mail it . LOL. Remember when we used to get flowers and lunches out - oh the good ole days when we were appreciated.

I think we should all send Transcend a 10 cent trinket.nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Now THAT is FUNNY!!!!!! Cant you just see it? - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lets all send them rocks and say "YOU ROCK MY WORLD" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently you can send anything as long as you have a catch phrase to go with it. Rocks are free!
Why mail them? We can just walk by and throw - them through their windows. Or at THEM. n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This is so old now - ginny

[ In Reply To ..]
Waaaaahhhhhhh,wah, wah wahhhhhhh!!

Jeez - quit crying about things already! Be grateful you even have a job! Long gone are the days of any kind of job security regardless of what a person does for a living! The only thing a person should expect from their employer is a paycheck for work performed. Anything other than that should be appreciated and the company thanked!

I agree with the others about how crappy the forums have become! Grow up already! Waaaahhhh!! wah! wah!

Totally agree! - qCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't believe the negativity and the relentless whining found on this board. A company is not obligated to do anything for MT week, so I think any gesture should be appreciated. As an MT, I take my career seriously, and it is so disheartening to see so many other "professionals" in this field acting the way they do. I sure hope outsiders don't judge the quality of people in our profession from what they see posted on these boards.

Whiners and complainers - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted the same thing above, but "put it in a gentler tone." I had a "gravy job, very few ESLs, made great money -- however, got a reply by email from my now former boss, about "posting on this board and HIPPA and lack of trust." I did NOTHING except send an email to a fellow MT, because there had been a BRIEF job posting on another board -- I replied to her PRIVATELY, however, she/he took it upon themselves to divulge my email addy and personal information -- I will NEVER again refer an MT to a company, and will put a "generic statemen" regarding good company, pays on time, DD so on and so forth. I see a BUNCH of people that started in this profession and I read the boards and they have no clue whether a laptop will work -- YES IT WILL been working on one for five years. I even tried a netbook, with a MAJOR COMPANY but no CD drive -- I sent my expander in an email -- how many "NEW" MTS can do that? Half to three quarters dont even have proper Malware or virus protection on their comptuers. As an MT, you are EXPECTED to have computer knowledge. Run daily updates etc, but I see questions on the tech board regarding whether a laptop will work -- UGH!!!

Well, golly-gee! Where"s your sense of fun? - s/msg

[ In Reply To ..]
And why should we be grateful to be working for the corporate equivalent of wife-beaters?

Similar Messages:

Wow Transcend, Thank You For The Gift!!
Dec 19, 2009

I received a very nice Christmas card and gift card with personal signatures in the mail today -- what a wonderful surprise.  This does help encourage me that maybe things will work out in this transition to a bigger company.  Much negative said here on the boards, but this is very appreciated!! ...

Transcend Gift Card!
Dec 17, 2011

I received a beautiful Christmas card in the mail and inside was a VISA card from Transcend wishing me a Merry Christmas and the card even says "thank you" on it!  I wasn't expecting that.  I've only been with them a little over a month!  I'm even more impressed with them now.  I got a calendar last year from my previous employer.  That was nice, but this is even better.  Did anyone else receive one? I sure hope so!  yay! ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

No Gift From MQ, Thanks MQ! Nm
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

My Christmas Gift
Dec 22, 2009

First, I hope those of you who need to hear this will.  I am not by any means saying what I am to hurt anyones feelings, to be mean, to start a ruckus, as a means of causing some to say hateful things, or to seem "better than."  This, however, is something that those of you looking for work and unable to find a position, need to hear. I recently had an opening for a transcriptionist for my very small buisness and recieved many, many resumes.  Some were wonderful and I wish I coul ...

MT Week Gift
May 24, 2010

Just received my MT gift.  I really think that Medquist must feel "It is the thought that counts".  It probably cost them more to mail these then they are worth.  Why don't they just give us an extra hour off with training pay - worth more to me than this mousepad.  I need an ergonomic mouse pad anyway - did they ever think of giving their "beloved" employees one of those?  Oh well.  Just another day being an MT. ...

Got My MT Week Gift
May 14, 2010

Thoughtful and practical - a welcome surprise!  I presume this is implied permission to install it on the company computer? ...

Christmas Gift From MQ?
Dec 23, 2010

I started in July and was wondering if they ever give us anything at Christmas.  Are you all laughing now? ...

Thank You Very Much For The Gift Of Candy!!
Dec 12, 2011

I want to say thank you very much to the company I work at for sending me the gift of candy. It was an extremely pleasant surprise in my mailbox today. You are the best for sure!   LSemployee ...

Mq Christmas Gift
Dec 21, 2011

Do any of you fellow MT's remember the Christmas gifts we used to get here at MQ?  Who can forget the lovely mouse pad, worth probably 5 cents.  Oh, but wait . . . don't forget the chapstick . . . what was it, on a chain, I believe?  How would they EVER be able to top THAT?  Guess that's why we won't be getting anything this year.  Too hard to come up with something bigger and better than THAT!  LOL  How I miss the days when this was&nb ...

I Just Won A $13 Gift Card!
Oct 25, 2013

Yes, its true, my skills are awesome enough to warrant a $13 gift card.  Bow before me peons!  To all those who will take this personally, I'm teasing.   Anyway, there's a catch.  It turns out that this Visa card can only be used at certain places.  Unfortunately, the nearest one of these places is over 50 miles from me, making it worthless as I'd have to spend more money in gas to get there.  I could use it online, but shipping charges will pretty m ...

MLS Week Gift
May 30, 2015

I got my MLS weak (pun intended) gift. Actually, I kind of like it. I do keep a note pad on my desk and jot things down while I work...not always work related, but hey! It seems more useful than the leather mousepad I got from Spheris years ago. I would have prefered a cash bonus or some free PTO, but they probably got a deal on the thousands of these gifts that they ordered and the actual cost to them was minimal. Weak effort to make me feel appreciated. I still feel underpaid! ...

A Good MQ Gift To All Our ILP Friends Out There
Mar 11, 2010

Thank You For The MT Week Gift Webmedx!
May 15, 2010

Thank you for a truly usable gift and the thought behind it.  You are a great company to work for and the thoughfulness is much appreciated!!  ...

MT Week Gift From DTS America?
May 18, 2010

Does DTS America give an MT week gift out?  If so, has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Thanks in advance. ...

Soooooooo We Are Not Getting A Gift From MQ This Year?
May 19, 2011

I just got a card in the mail from my CCM.....not to sound ungrateful, BUT THAT'S IT?????? ...

What Is With The Job Ad With The Gift Basket Email?
Sep 08, 2011

Does anyone else find it odd that there is a job posting and the email is for some gift basket designer or whatever.  Just when I think things can't get any worse..... So is this a company that designs gift baskets for patients and then transcribes the reports after delivery?  Times are tough, so I guess everyone needs 2 jobs.  Yikes!   ...

MT Week Gift Card
May 19, 2014

I would have to drive an hour and a half to find a Staples! What a sucky prize ...

Just Gave Myself The Best MT Week Gift
May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough.  ...

Imedx Gift Card
Dec 26, 2014

Tried registering it yet? Have fun. Couldn't get it to register online. Calling the phone number did no good, either. Apparently, my brain can't deal with technology anymore. Couldn't figure out what my employee number was (wasn't any number I could find), and there was no activation code where the computer voice said it should be. ...

Just Got My Gift Card In The Mail
Apr 11, 2015

My $13 prepaid Discover card came in the mail as thanks for not slitting my wrists while training on a new platform.  It came with a whole sheet of paper listing the dozens of different places I can spend it at.  There isn't a single store on the list I use LOL.  That seems mathematically improbable. 90% of them don't even exist within a few hundred to thousand miles.  The ones I do have don't apply to me.  For the second time, the Cracker Barrel is one ...

My Visa Gift Card Was Refused?
Dec 26, 2009

I tried to use my giftcard today and it was refused. It was give by transcend, a visa giftcard, and it was refused when i tried to use it. I didn't see anything that came with it saying it had to be authorized or anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have an authorization number i can call to authorize my card? Suggestions? Thanks ...

I Miss My DSG Walmart Gift Card ... And DSG!!
Dec 17, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!  :) ...

TO: MT Week Gift Card Recipients
Jun 26, 2013

Have you received your gift card yet?  I know it said 4-6 weeks.  I am starting to think I missed it in the mail and threw it away or something.....    ...

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

So Did Everybody Get Their Chrismas Gift/bonus In The Mail
Dec 19, 2014

x ...

Any Other AHD Employees Notice A GIFT Category On Their W2? Sm
Jan 17, 2015

I am stumped as to what this is supposed to be.  The number is odd and does not amount to the bonus received.  I guess I should call D on Monday and find out what the heck it is.  I was just curious if everyone had this or if I am just "special."  TIA. ...

Wow Giving Away Close To 400 In Gift Cards
May 15, 2015

Are you freaking serious??? How many MTs are there in this company? What an insult..And no I'm not playing your games, entering your contests, or doing anything but look for another job. ...

Thank You, SoftScript, For The Beautiful Card And Wonderful Gift! Nm
Dec 22, 2010

s ...

I Thought We Only Had To Pay Taxes On An MModal Gift Card. Sm
Aug 02, 2013

So, for MT week, I was one of the finalists for the MT of the year contest. I made it to the final round, thus getting a 100.00 gift card from MModal. Well, on my last check stub under the deductions is a category called "taxable prizes" and listed under that is my 100.00 gift card. So basically, I won a 100.00 gift card and then they turned around and took the entire 100.00 back out of my pay check. I thought we only had to pay taxes on the gift card. WTF is the point of a gift card if you ...