A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow giving away close to 400 in gift cards - sm

Posted: May 15, 2015

Are you freaking serious??? How many MTs are there in this company? What an insult..And no I'm not playing your games, entering your contests, or doing anything but look for another job.

Yeah and I've lost $15K/year - Whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
in income. I lose $400 every PAYCHECK. ha!

I bet only a few of those will actually go to an MT - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not be surprised if most of those cards are already going to corporate.

To put the quality of these gift cards into perspective - I won a 42 inch flat screen during MT week

[ In Reply To ..]
back when we were either Spheris or Medquist. Very nice huge flat screen TV, love it. Still have it. Was able to replace one of my old dinky TVs with it. All I had to do to be eligible to win was be in good standing, getting my line count and QA and then you were entered. None of these games. Just going my job. Now they think these gift cards or so great. Give me another TV please!

those were the days - old&tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Spheris knew how to treat their MTs. I had been an MT for 30 years when I hired on with them in 2005. I remember getting a good size cargo bag with their logo on it one year and another year getting a glass globe with a Spheris computer inside which is still on my desk. ALL MTs got this,then there were the contests that had many winners, and you didn't have to play games, you were automatically entered. They also sent birthday greetings and a message on your anniversary how much you were appreciated. Little things like that go a long way. After working for MQ in one form or another for 30 years (MRC, TL, etc), it was refreshing.

While I'm on my nostalgia trip, they had good incentives for both PT/FT for OT. Also, their IT support was great. One call usually got things taken care of AND they were friendly. When a new version of CS came out, it was ready to go,unlike Fluency which has numerous little things that need work-arounds. Maybe Corporate should start demanding 97% quality from them!

400 in gift cards - wow

[ In Reply To ..]
I just told my husband how much they are giving away in gift cards and his response was the same as yours "and how many employees are there?" Shameful... I cannot wait until I can leave this company, and it will be w/o any notice. I think I'll just not show up for work and let them figure it out?...

FOUR HUNDRED GIFT cards - not $400 in gift cards

[ In Reply To ..]
basic reading comprehension and all that.

and so what is your point...their gift cards are typically - a whopping 13.00

[ In Reply To ..]
make me care about this %^#%*(%^ company.

400 gift cards - Wonderboy

[ In Reply To ..]
I got one of those silly gift cards last year for $13. No place to spend it AND since I live in Oregon I paid 24% tax on it (15% federal, 9% Oregon). So really it was worth $9.88. Pay me a decent wage and stuff these cards.

The hospital that outsourced my dept to MM sm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
didn't acknowledge MT Week for 2 years even with some reminders sent. I appreciate MM's efforts at making our week special. It's a slap in the face to be deliberately ignored.

MT Week - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a slap in the face to be made to jump through hoops to be recognized. I have to jump through enough hoops already...after 35 years I can get my work done without being monitored every second, while having my paycheck cut in half from what I was earning 15 years ago.

They should just give us all gift cards - why only 400?

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree it is a slap in the face that for one week a year Mmodal pretends like they care. I guess it alleviates their guilt for the way we are treated the other 51 weeks and justifying no raise in line count since 2006. Just give us all a gift card. Why make us play games? How much extra money have we made the company with the MOT? Especially since the MOT is supposed to continue with no end in sight we all deserve at the very least a gift card with a thank you.

MT Week - What a waste

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, a slap in the face is right. What is a measly gift card compared to the torture they have inflicted on their MTs. Talk is cheap and so are their gift cards. Give me back my good job, with good pay and benefits and treat us like we are valuable employees all year long. Again, it is like throwing peanuts to a hungry monkey and that is exactly what they think of us.

The day is coming though, when U.S. MTs will be done with this place. They started it and now they can live with the consequences. I hope they drown in their own greed and cruelty.

MTs are leaving, no one wants to work for this company any longer and it is posted all over the Internet, not just here. Facebook screams of the injustice when working for M*M.

Payback is a bitch as they say and I hope they get theirs!
MT appreciation - Evelyn
[ In Reply To ..]
I started with Secrephone (now MModal) back in 1988 and lived thru all the buy-outs and corporate crap until last year when I finally retired. Back in those days, MT Week was celebrated with beautiful gifts -- cut glass plates from Tiffany, gorgeous picture frames, etc. Then it went to gourmet chocolates. Then the chocolate boxes got smaller, then the $13 (?) gift card. Yes, the economy sucks but it's the corporate office who decides what to give. You can't tell me they're not making enough $ to show their workers how much they are appreciated. So glad I'm out.

i appreciate you - moonchild

[ In Reply To ..]
i get that you feel some recognition is better than none, but this from MM is a complete and sorry joke. i have played their little games in the past and never won a thing. i think i will give myself a great big I APPRECIATE MYSELF gift by not playing any of their games and also not doing any OT this coming week.

My feeling is that it isn't corporate who (sm) - nmx

[ In Reply To ..]
actually cares, but there are some who do who are offering these games and twisting the $uits' arms for gifts for us. I appreciate their efforts to brighten our stinkin' MT lives a little bit.

Similar Messages:

Trans Tech Gift Cards
Jan 02, 2014

Did anyone get a gift card for Christmas this year ?   We usually do but I didn't get anything.  Thanks  ...

Does Nuance Give A T-giving, X-mas Bonus/gift?
Nov 27, 2013

nm ...

Another Close One ASR
May 21, 2014

Dictated: 50 units of hyaluronidase added VSR: 50 units of hobbling around the base added ...

Again, So Close ASR
Aug 25, 2014

ASR: Positive flora on ice and hit a pole... how do you get that from a doc saying positive for "uhm" ...

Insurance Cards
May 28, 2011

Has anyone still not received their insurance card? Thanks. ...

So Close To Quitting
Oct 07, 2011

I have to vent!  At the moment, there are no words to express how much I hate this job.  i am so sick of listening to foreigners who sound like they have marbles in their mouths and the women sounding like shrill little girls with marbles in their mouths, struggling with all my heart and soul to do a good job, for pennies, knowing if I send to QA for help, my pennies will be taken away.  This is insanity!  I swear, I've died and gone to hell!  ...

Anyone Get The New Insurance Cards
Dec 25, 2012

I thought we we were to get new ones before January. ...

Anybody Get The New Insurance Cards Yet? NM
Dec 23, 2013

NM ...

What's Up With Time Cards?
Jan 02, 2014

nm ...

Time Cards
Jan 06, 2014

Anybody seen anything about time cards?  I don't have any emails and lines aren't imported yet at it's a pay week and usually they are in by now. ...

This Close To Quitting
Mar 12, 2014

I am this close to quitting right this second. All I have had is foreign doctors. Are there ANY English speaking doctors left??? They expect 99.8% accuracy with this crap???? Are they kidding me??? I've been sitting here almost screaming because I can't understand a thing they're saying. I had one who was chewing gum like a cow!!! Give me a break. If I had a job to fall back on, I would quit right this second. ...

This Close To Quitting!
Mar 17, 2014

If I didn't need the gol dang money so bad I'd quit right now! More work added on my plate after you cut my pay...twice! This is beyond what I can handle today. I'm only 45 minutes into my shift and I'm crying already. Let me back up, Saturday I was NJA (as usual) so I (stupidly) emailed my PTO requests in for the year, during my shift, and then I get an email about "productive time" and then had another account added to my pool. And given 30 minutes to learn 68 pages of a ...

Sending X-mas Cards To Accounts
Dec 16, 2010

Does anyone send Christmas cards to their accounts?  I work as an IC for an MTSO and this is the second year now that I have received a fruit basket from one of my long-term accounts.  I get nothing from my MTSO, however.  Last year I sent them a thank you card and maybe a Christmas card as well, but I can't remember.  Anyways, I was thinking of sending them a X-mas card with a thank you note in it for the fruit basket.  Thoughts?  Anybody else get x-mas gifts ...

So... No One Can Tell Us How To Approve Our Time Cards?
Jun 14, 2011

cuz I also don't see it...  Pretty please? ...

Health Insurance Cards?
Jul 09, 2011

I signed up for medical and dental insurance July 1.  Do we get cards in the mail?  Thank you! ...

Epic Close To Home...
Jan 16, 2012

A HUGE clinic with many different specialties in this area has went to Epic and now have laid off 30 MTs.  They said with Epic they didn't need them all.  What a shame!  I actually use that clinic, and I knew something was up a couple months ago when I went to the doctor.  They had a new system and they were typing everything in the computer.  When I left they gave me this printout that looked like a medical report.  It had my diagnosis, medicati ...

Oracle. And NO I'm NOT Management Or Even Close To It.
Jul 02, 2012

Why don't we ALL post some of this stuff on the Oracle chat board?!! Maybe you'd get some answers. Why??? Because you might be found out by management???  What a bunch of hypocrites!  ...

Dental Insurance Cards?
Jan 07, 2014

Do we get dental insurance cards and if so, has anyone already got theirs?  I've never used their dental insurance before so I don't know, would like to get going on getting teeth fixed asap.  Thanks. ...

The Time Is Coming Close...
Apr 01, 2014

For M*Modal to spew forth their B.S offer to the MT Dept. at our community hospital. Have some ideas already but could use more suggestions/ideas on ways to get the community involved- to let our patients know exactly where our JOBS and THEIR health records will be going.... any help/ideas???  ...

Question For Those With 100% Or Close Quality
May 13, 2014

I have been working so hard to still get a decent line count yet not make big errors, yet still am getting them. I pretty much have the numbers down pretty well, i.e. age, vitals, meds and labs, but seem to make errors on something I might have typed once right in the report, but later got it wrong! It just killls me. I need to make more than minimum wage, and I have given up on getting the bonus, but I am still sick to my stomach when I see silly errors I make in FIESA. Just wondering if anyo ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Time Cards Today?
Dec 22, 2014

So how are everyone's time cards looking for last week?  Has anyone had an improved line rate or are things still looking dismal? ...

Been Paying Close Attention To My ASR Reports
Feb 07, 2012

not been ONE SINGLE LINE so far in any report that has not needed editing in some fashion.  Not ONE SINGLE LINE.  Usually multiple things in every line including stupid little words it leaves out, stupid things it adds, repetition by the doctor that it cannot discern, blatant errors of the ASR, punctuation, numbering, and on and on and on --- for 60% of my line rate?  If there are folks who have great ASR and can just breeze through with a cursory proofread, more power t ...

Job Hunting - 3 Hospitals No Where Close To Me Pay......are You Ready....
Apr 30, 2012

$15/hour.  Like the good ole days.  I'm moving soon but not to those cities.  Hopefully I can find a MT in-house job, otherwise, I'm done.  I will not continue to work for these low wages while the companies make billions in revenue.  ...

Oh, Great Just What I Needed To See So Close To Graduating
Nov 30, 2012

Before I get jumped on for trying to "stir the pot", I  come to this forum quite often.  I am a medical transcriptionist and am almost done with my coding course.  I will be taking the CPC sometime in January or February.  However, upon doing research on obtaining a coding job after graduating, I came across this.  Of course the date is 2011, but it's still fairly recent.  This is from the AAPC forum board.  My heart literally sank when I saw this.  O ...

Just Curious If Y'all Are Approving Your Time Cards. Sm
Dec 18, 2014

I certainly didn't and I'm not going to.  I don't approve of it at all! ...

MDI/Transcend-Has NE1 Received Health Insurance Cards?
Jan 29, 2010

I have received my vision insurance ID cards but no documentation whatsoever about my health insurance since "applying" for full-time employee status with benefits.  I find this odd as this is the last business day before the official transition on 02/01/2010.  Wouldn't the health insurance, if it is actually in place, be in effect as of 02/01/2010?  I would ask MDI myself, but the intimidation tactics and fear mongering they have employed over the last several week ...

Anyone Heard Of *EVO III" Or Close To That, Demineralized Bone Matrix?
Oct 20, 2009

nm ...

Hyphen - Close To Near Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear
May 11, 2012

Plz help me with this sentence regarding the hyphen usage.   close to near full thickness rotator cuff tear     Thnx in advance for the help,   Syd ...

Not Giving Up On TAA
Jan 11, 2010

Decided to take the advise I received about not giving up.  The results are that I was told that I have to be laid off, or about to be laid off.  Want letter from MQ stating lay off or date of lay off.  Too tired to worry with this anymore. ...