A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just gave myself the best MT Week gift - Ever.

Posted: May 23, 2014

I sent my resignation letter to my supervisor.  I am getting out before they completely destroy my self-esteem and physical health.  I've had enough. 

re getting out - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Never let anyone destroy your self-esteem nor your physical health. YOU are MORE important. God bless you.

Im beginning to think - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
All things happen for a reason..house for sale or Im letting it foreclose I can't keep treading water here it is killing me mentally, time to just walk away..Question for you that leave,,do you tell them EXACTLY why your leaving? That's what I plan to do, end of the summer is my goal

Im beginning to think- - I would not

[ In Reply To ..]
give them the satisfaction of knowing the impact they had on me. I would write how I feel to myself to release the anger but would only give them the info needed that I quit, no explanation. Don't lower yourself to their level, walk out with your head held high knowing you did your best. As hard as it is to accept, they obviously would not care why you left because if they cared, you would not be feeling the way you do.

I may or may not tell them why when I quit - clb

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a lovely list of whys, but when I do give my notice it will be professional and courteous to be a positive reflection on me. If they care and do ask why, I will give them my list, but better worded of course.

The MTSO I quit before this one asked me why I quit and I gave them a list and they argued each one and basically told me I was wrong. I kept the email for quite awhile as proof. I even emailed a copy to the CEO and told them off (but nicely).

So it is nice to tell them why you are quitting but it can come back to bite you also. But with that 1st MTSO I did not care. They were absolutely horrible! (ATSI, cough cough).

Thats true - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My thought was if enough did it then maybe it would kick them in the tail..Kind of helping everyone else..But from your side,,your 100% right they don't care..thanks

The sad thing is, they KNOW why we're getting - out. Its what they wanted us to do.

[ In Reply To ..]

Know how you feel, but they don't care. May you have a great rest of - your life.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Best MT week gift - AWESOME!!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so happy for you!! Take back your self-esteem, get healthy and enjoy your life. Don't look back and smile everyday.

Good for you! I'm losing my sanity here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The accounts I'm on are causing me to question if I'm comprehending correctly what I hear, as if I have auditory dyslexia or something. Cannot believe how horrific the dictators are at these facilities. They must have 99% incomprehensible ESL docs and the 1% English speaking docs all have speech impediments or are speaking with their jaws wired shut.

Can you imagine them trying to talk to patients? - What a joke!

[ In Reply To ..]
a scary, scary joke!

Good for you! Best thing I ever did! NM - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
Best thing I ever did!

Yay! You did it! YOU ARE FREE!!!!! - Congrats! Life of MT not getting better.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was with the company for 25 years. y last paycheck (I call it my severance package) was $6.23. I applied one time and started working for Medifax who merged with Secrephone and became MRC Group and then Medquist and then MModal. I would have stayed to the end, but a year ago the company let me go. I was an outstanding employee and part-time. It was a blessing. I no longer have that huge weight hanging over me and worrying and constantly thinking about work to be done or wondering if I have work. I used to work every holiday and sit around babysitting to see if there is work to do and if you think about it, did not really get paid for it because of no jobs. Now I HAVE EVERY HOLIDAY OFF AND I GET PAID FOR IT. I am happy with life and no more feeling like I am constantly demoralized for my job. MT life is changing, especially with Obamacare. I work at a clinic as an MA and I LOVE MY JOB! With Obamacare, medical insurance is changing, especially Medicare and doctors are opting out of Medicare patients by the droves because of constant worrying about fines and audits and if they can fulfill meaningful use. You know how some of you feel working for MModal with constant worrying about your job? that is how doctors are feeling about their jobs, especially dealing with Medicare, government run. Geesh, look how VA is being treated. My clinic just changed over to EMR and my doctors have to satisfy meaningful use for Medicare. I could go on and on, but it is frightening how much the government will have control of your lives by what you eat, drink, your weight, if you have high blood pressure and your overall health issues. Even a computer chip is in the works for people. (AKA- end times). Healthcare is seriously changing. Very sad indeed. Congrats! Your burden of this company will be lifted! YOU ARE FREE!!!!!

Similar Messages:

MT Week Gift
May 24, 2010

Just received my MT gift.  I really think that Medquist must feel "It is the thought that counts".  It probably cost them more to mail these then they are worth.  Why don't they just give us an extra hour off with training pay - worth more to me than this mousepad.  I need an ergonomic mouse pad anyway - did they ever think of giving their "beloved" employees one of those?  Oh well.  Just another day being an MT. ...

Got My MT Week Gift
May 14, 2010

Thoughtful and practical - a welcome surprise!  I presume this is implied permission to install it on the company computer? ...

MLS Week Gift
May 30, 2015

I got my MLS weak (pun intended) gift. Actually, I kind of like it. I do keep a note pad on my desk and jot things down while I work...not always work related, but hey! It seems more useful than the leather mousepad I got from Spheris years ago. I would have prefered a cash bonus or some free PTO, but they probably got a deal on the thousands of these gifts that they ordered and the actual cost to them was minimal. Weak effort to make me feel appreciated. I still feel underpaid! ...

Thank You For The MT Week Gift Webmedx!
May 15, 2010

Thank you for a truly usable gift and the thought behind it.  You are a great company to work for and the thoughfulness is much appreciated!!  ...

MT Week Gift From DTS America?
May 18, 2010

Does DTS America give an MT week gift out?  If so, has anyone gotten theirs yet?  Thanks in advance. ...

MT Week Gift Card
May 19, 2014

I would have to drive an hour and a half to find a Staples! What a sucky prize ...

TO: MT Week Gift Card Recipients
Jun 26, 2013

Have you received your gift card yet?  I know it said 4-6 weeks.  I am starting to think I missed it in the mail and threw it away or something.....    ...

Used My MT Week Gift Card To Apply To School
Jun 30, 2014

I was going to hang out for a bit and see if they offered another coding class. But the day the card came in the mail they lost my main account that I had had for over 10 years. Since there was not even a courtesy notice given until a week later to any of the MTs it just made my decision easy. So thanks for the MT week money, I sure put it to good use. I start in August. ...

Were We Supposed To Receive A "gift" For MT Week?
Jun 12, 2010

Have never received anything . . . . ...

Was Let Go Because QA Gave Me 97%
Mar 29, 2010

I was let go from my full time job of 10 years.  I dont think I can collect unemployment if I have a part time typing job............ can I? ...

Gave Up Transcription
Jan 23, 2010

Had to give it up after almost 17 years.  My wrists are shot (CTS) (surgery failed to help) and have cervical radiculopathy (numbness and tingling in arms and hands constantly and shooting pains up forearms).  Went on Work comp then SSD.  Get out before you ruin your health.  It's not worth it. ...

Exactly Why I Gave No Notice
Apr 25, 2010

I read the post below from the MDI/Transcend MT who is struggling with BeyondTXT.  When I was informed last week that this platform was going to be installed on my computer in a day or so and then training would take place for God knows how long, I  hung up during the conference call and immediately resigned.  I had started another job, which I was going to give a trial period before leaving Transcend, but I realized that taking the time and effort to learn this unfriendly user pl ...

Gave Notice To The Q
Dec 14, 2010

Hi all.  I've been doing medical transcription for over 20 years, and have been with the Q for almost 12 years (the first year in the office and at home, and then they sent us all home).  Been through all kinds of changes, from working in the local office and at home, to working at home, to being moved to the responsibility of another office, to that office closing down, then to working for a "virtual office" and finally a "service area."  I lost count of how many superv ...

Just Gave My Notice!
Aug 11, 2011

Just gave my notice! Working for the Q was just too stressful! Pay was crap, hours were crap.  I couldn't take it anymore! I went from an awesome job making about 25 bucks an hour with great hours to the Q? My other company closed down (it was local) thanks to EMR.  I must have been desperate.  Just accepted another job for better pay and better hours.. ...

What Companies Gave
Dec 17, 2013

nm ...

Got An E-mail From MQ Friend. She Gave Her
Aug 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust.  She said she didn't have anything lined up yet; just couldn't stand the stress any longer.  ...

Gave Notice Yesterday...
Aug 14, 2012

My employers response?  Crickets...nada...nothing.  Not even an acknowledgement that I was leaving.  Seems strange, don't you think?     ...

Encore Gave Me Bad Paychecks
Aug 07, 2013

I thought I found a good company to work for until I got a two returned checks from them in the mail. The first time I thought mistakes can be made but AGAIN my check was returned. That really upsets me because I work hard for this company and they give me a bad check. There is no excuse for doing this to an employee. I have not been contacted about this check and I just quit because enough is enough. This is very dishonest and unprofessional to say the least. I have a family to take care ...

Pt With Bronchitis. Gave Her A Z-Pak To Cover For S/l Atypicals
Nov 16, 2009

:-) ...

...the Rescue Squad Gave The Patient (s/l) A-dem-a-see. SM
Dec 27, 2009

....an episode of supraventricular tachycardia.  The episode was a few hours in duration.  He developed chest pain and dizziness.  The electrocardiogram was caught by the rescue squad.  The heart rate was about 220.  I assume that the rescue squad gave the patient (s/l) a-dem-a-see.   ...

I Just Gave 2 Weeks Notice. I Am Practically
Feb 22, 2010

giddy and dancing around the room.  At the last second I tried to cancel the e-mail, but it was too late.  Guess it was meant to be.  I have been with this company for 8 years, and they don't deserve me any longer.  ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Company Hiring For MT Inhouse Just Gave Me A Call
Sep 29, 2010

Paying 15.00 an hour.  It is temp to hire. Hours 8 am to 5 pm, Unfortunately, I already have an inhouse day shift job.  They asked if I knew anyone who would be interested.  Couldn't think of a soul. ...

I Wonder If I Can Give SoftScript The Same Excuse For Not Working That They Gave Me Sm
Feb 18, 2011

when there was no work ... how about, "it is too sunny  to work?"  LOL   They are still running the ad portraying outsourcing as evil.  You'd think they would know the difference between outsourcing and offshoring. A few more days and it will not be my issue anymore ........ ...

My Son Gave Me Noise Cancelling Earphones For Christmas!
Dec 27, 2011

It was probably the sweetest present he's ever given me!  He and his sister and three friends are playing "Rock Band" in the living room, two rooms away, right now, and I can hardly hear them while I'm working!   What a son! ...

TTD Just Gave Us All The STOP On Working Until Further Notice. No Warning. No Nothing. Just Told
Aug 02, 2012

NM ...

No Gift From MQ, Thanks MQ! Nm
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Wow Transcend, Thank You For The Gift!!
Dec 19, 2009

I received a very nice Christmas card and gift card with personal signatures in the mail today -- what a wonderful surprise.  This does help encourage me that maybe things will work out in this transition to a bigger company.  Much negative said here on the boards, but this is very appreciated!! ...

My Christmas Gift
Dec 22, 2009

First, I hope those of you who need to hear this will.  I am not by any means saying what I am to hurt anyones feelings, to be mean, to start a ruckus, as a means of causing some to say hateful things, or to seem "better than."  This, however, is something that those of you looking for work and unable to find a position, need to hear. I recently had an opening for a transcriptionist for my very small buisness and recieved many, many resumes.  Some were wonderful and I wish I coul ...

Transcend Gift
May 17, 2010

If Transcend was going to send me something worth less than a dollar store item, I would have rather had the dollar.  Some of you will blast me for not appreciating the gift I did receive as you didn't get anything, but sometimes it is best NOT to get something.  Like when you leave a penny for your server.  That is meant to be a slap in the face.  If you leave nothing they just think you forgot!  This little star clip thing is a slap in the face!&n ...