A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What are full-time status requirements at MModal? - About had it with Nuance

Posted: Feb 06, 2013

I was a loyal Transcend employee; took a lot of heat on these boards for defending them, got accused of being a suit and worse (I've been a suit and trust me, it's overrated). Now, Nuance has hit me with a 20% pay cut for no reason other than that's just what they do to everybody, and QA people who have never even SEEN the account I've worked on for 4 years are nickel-and-diming me for things I know for a fact I have typed exactly the way the client wants. Now we have to sign an employee handbook that basically says they own us, all our free time and our little dog too, and they can do whatever they bloody well please with our tired carcases.

I've been at this for more than 40 years, so I really do have some idea of what I'm doing.... I am also tired, and my hands and back just won't do this for 40 hours a week anymore. The one GOOD thing with Nuance is that I am still eligible for the medical benefits even at a 30-hour work week, although I earn less PTO. (Transcend gave me full PTO with these hours.)

Before I go to the trouble of applying and testing, I'd like to know if anyone knows what the requirements are to be eligible for benefits, because at my age, I'm not going to go without. About 4-1/2 years ago Medquist offered me a job but I turned it down because they required a 40-hour week, and even then I couldn't do that. Has that changed since MModal took over?

Also, is there a line quota, and if so, what is it? Typed or edited, or both? (I am meeting my current quota in just about 3-1/2 hours a day, so I don't anticipate any problems meeting anybody's quota.)

I have also read on other parts of the boards that MModal actually might offer (gasp) higher pay for experience and/or senority. What can anyone tell me about this? How about shift differentials, and any differential for a CMT?

If you're still with me... thank you for taking the time to read this, and I would very much appreciate any enlightenment that anyone can offer!

150 lph and a minimum of 39 hours per week. - So 6,000 lines per week.

[ In Reply To ..]
aerauero

Run away - as fast as you can.

[ In Reply To ..]
Been with this company for 28 years. I have had 3 paycuts and making about the same or less the day I started with this company. There is hardly ever any work. Paycheck was short 18 hours last week and been that way since October. Most people on this board are collecting partial unemployment.

If you apply as a tier 3 with CMT you should make - anywhere from...see message

[ In Reply To ..]
5 to 6 cents per line for editing and 9 to 10 straight typing. I am tier 3 and started out at 4 cents per line, and 9 for straight, but I got raised up after making a big fuss and now I make 6 cents per line and 9 for straight.

The line requirement is 150 lines per hour for both editing and straight typing. I pay $36 dollars a pay-period for insurance benefits (medical only) for myself only. I work 39 hours a week.

If a tier 3, you should be at least making - 6 cpl edit, 10 cpl typing.

[ In Reply To ..]
Most reports will be editing and hardly any typing. I was a tier 1 and made 9.82 cpl, but that was 10 years ago with this company. Most of us who have been here a long time with this company were grandfathered in with many paycuts and got stuck with the new pay. Others are newbies with higher pay. Company sucks big time. I soon will be done this spring when I finish college.

Worked for Nuance moved to MModal, started as Tier 3 making 4/8 - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that is what everyone starts at and to take it or leave it. I have 15 years of acute care experience (no CMT).

Also, I worked for Nuance and moved to MModal. The only difference is QA isn't on your back every minute of the day, so in the end, worth the move.

requirements - missmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a tier 2, don't want to tier up to a 3, and I make 6 for asr and 9 for straight typing. I don't really think it matters if you are a tier 2 or 3. I don't have medical as my DH covers it so don't have to pay for that. I am part time as well

Thanks all, more questions... - StillCranky

[ In Reply To ..]
Several people told me in the past that at Medquist, they had a terrible time making any money--or getting any kind of a rhythm going--because they were pooled to so many accounts, they had to spend a lot of time looking at account specs. Since I'm getting older and crankier by the minute, I can only work 2 or 3 accounts at a time because that's all my brain can hold in the way of specs. Do they still make everybody work multiple accounts?

Also... what exactly does "tier 3" mean at MModal? I think every company defines it a bit differently....

Again, thanks. Just considering my options here....

My experience - MMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have about 4 accounts in my "group" within the group, and when those run out (frequently), I get work from the other 3 or 4 accounts, and if those run out, then I either get a helper account or more likely no work available. So most likely you will get multiple accounts. I just keep the specs written down on index cards and have been doing them a long time, so not so difficult.

As far as tiers, I am tier 2, everything but ops. Tier 3 does ops plus everything else. Good luck on your decision. I went to part time (24 hours) and lost benefits because I just could not work the 39 hours. You have to do 39 hours to get the bennies. But lately people run out of work and still get their bennies, so don't know if they will enforce that, wouldn't count on it though. Good luck.

In regards to accounts - sm..

[ In Reply To ..]
The team I was on use to have 17 accounts, all owned by the same health network so all the accounts were on the same team; however, only 3 of them were my primaries BUT, I could get work from any of the 17 when primaries were low or if something was out of TAT.

What I did was email myself the specs to home PC and saved in word. I seldom have to refer to them anymore, as believe it or not, I know them all. Occasionally I will get one that I've not worked on in a while and will have to review. Also, DQS now has account specs on the ADT screen and typing screen if you choose to view it that way. Then you can just glance over to the left-hand side of screen and view specs if need be while working in the report.

Right now there have been some changes made so I only have 2 accounts that I do anymore, but occasionally will pull from others on my team if those run low. I am familiar with every account I work on so no trouble with specs. And I think you do have to be 39hrs for benefits.
It's really not that difficult. You only have to - check the...
[ In Reply To ..]
Physical exam, allergies,ROS and if whether or not patient name is permitted in report. Thats all I ever check when viewing specifics. I dont waste time reading the whole thing verbatim because it's not necessary. I could cite off the top of my head how to format every single account that I work on. Some seem to have a hard time working more than 3 to 4 accounts, but I've been doing this for years and its really not that big of a deal.

you will not get just 2 or 3 accounts - that is for darned sure

[ In Reply To ..]
I get every account in our supervisors book of business. There are like 20 clinics, all different account specs, and like 8 hospitals. Its a giant mess. The client profile is right on the screen, but you still have to read the whole thing and by the time you get done, you forget what you read and every job that pops up is from a different account!

It is a complete and utter mess. When I had 1 or 2 accounts, I could average 16 to 18 an hour. Now, I am at 11 an hour if I am lucky!

Similar Messages:

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

What Are Amphion Line Count Requirements For Full Time?
Sep 25, 2010

nm. ...

Tempted To Go Full-time IC Status
Dec 16, 2014

I have a great part-time IC job that I really love. It is so stress-free and I only hear from my account manager when she sends me my pay summary right before pay day. I have been thinking about how blessed I am to have found them especially after working as an employee for a couple other MTSOs. My employee jobs have been so stressful and QA can be so petty with a lot of these places. We have QA where I work now, but I have absolutely no complaints and literally almost always score 100% Here ...

What Are The Part-time Requirements For MModal?
May 01, 2013

I am currently full time but would like to drop down to part time. What are the pay period hour and line requirements for part time? Thanks! ...

Transcend Full Time Status Quotas
Apr 27, 2011

I'm a newbie at Transcend and find I like it more than expected based on board comments.  I am also new to VR - and also find that I like that too!  My question is this, for any long-time Transcenders...I am nowhere near making the minimum $$ amount required for full-time status, which I was hired at.  What happens after the 90 day trial period -   Do you think I would be let go??  I would like to just be considered part-time at that point.  ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Unemployment More Than Full-Time At MModal
Jun 28, 2012

For 2 years, my ex-husband collected $423.00 per week unemployment after getting laid off.  That's how much I made for 80 hours work last payperiod as an MME. ...

Code Status Is S/l Full Let And DNR
Oct 16, 2009

code status is s/l full let and DNR ...

Full Code Status
Dec 31, 2010

Do I capitalize "full code status" ie, The patient was on full code status. ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Part-Time Requirements
May 10, 2011

I tried to do a search to find this information, but I am not having any luck.  Could someone please tell me what MQ requires for part-time work as far as hours, lines, flexibility, etc.  Thank you! ...

Any Info On The Status Of MModal's
Dec 11, 2014

Are you working yet?  Do you like it.  If they run another class, would you recommend it? ...

Part-time Line Requirements And Pay Scale
Apr 22, 2012

Could someone tell me what the line requirements are for part time at M Modal?  Or is it just hour requirements, etc.?  Also, what is the pay scale there?  Just weighing my options. ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...

Has Anyone Gone Full-time To Part-time
Mar 28, 2014

Has anyone gone full-time to part-time and then worked part-time at another company as well? I can't keep having my pay go up and down with this incentive nonsense. Need more stability. Way too much stress.   ...

Anybody Know About Getting Time Off For Part-time Status
May 04, 2012

I just switched to part-time status due to a court reporting program I have been taking and need 4 hours a day to practice my speed.  I couldn't really figure out the time off situation. I don't care about PTO but want to take time off when I need it.  Anybody know anything about this?  Thanks.  ...