A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

There was an account mentioned leaving WMX a while ago, SM - A webber

Posted: May 22, 2011

Curious -- did that account leave yet?  Any word on how they are spreading work around the MTs? 

I was wondering if this is one of my backups or not.

WMX account gone? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know, but do know the work flows have been much lighter for a while now. Either an account left and those MTs who had it as a primary are spread around on other accounts or everyone is doing more work trying to hit the new bonus levels and new minimum requirements on lines.

For the most part information doesn't get passed on to us unless it is a "Need to Know Basis",

Several accts have left with one BIG one leaving in June. sm - Anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I hear, several more are leaving the company in the next few months. Plan for the big famine soon. Good luck on hitting those minimums when work is super-low once more.

account leaving - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe that is why the 2 payperiod time frame to achieve new minimums. Thinning the herds out to the more productive ones so they don't have to lay off again.

Wish they would put something out letting us know if new accounts are coming on or anything that might change that rain cloud into a rainbow.

Glad I have my foot in the door somewhere else. We all might be wise to keep our eyes open.

I have enjoyed working for WMX greatly over the past years, but am truly getting worried about how stable my job really is.

Good luck to us all.

Is this fact or speculation? Have the MTs been notified? - Freaking and trying to plan. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Anon2, there's no way of knowing if your information is valid. - Beans already being spilled, so: WHICH accounts?

[ In Reply To ..]
x
account leaving - NN
[ In Reply To ..]
Back in April someone posted they had a conference call telling them about the account leaving, they would try to keep them on other accounts, etc. I never saw where they posted the account name, just that it was in the SW and I believe it was an overflow account.
That's the one I was referring to - yes, AM notified us and dates sm - Anony2
[ In Reply To ..]
have changed on when they are gone, but "June" is the latest word. They may be overflow but LOTS of work - that is a huge account. I'd also guess that others in that same hospital chain might follow (but that is speculation).
lost account - could it be
[ In Reply To ..]
a result of going to VR, which is mistake promoting, and everyone having to speed through reports to try to make up in more lines what they lost in the 2 recent pay reductions?
another lost account - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There was the big account that is still with us but only until June, this was announced by phone conference call by our AM, not speculation, and they went with the Q.

Another one with another AM just quit calling and using us, no warning, broke their contract, and that AM had to call to find out what was going on. No idea where that account went. Things are getting scary. That same AM had the account that started using the front end and EMR heavily and so there was a lot of work lost there also.
MQ took a big health system in Texas. Several companies will be losing - big accounts in June and July
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for CH in Texas, and we were all told that we would be working for MQ come July and no longer for the hospital. Another big company currently does all our work except stat H&Ps, and now they are losing our account for no reason. My director loves the company that we use and is really upset but the choice was not hers to make. She said that all hospitals in CH are going to MQ no matter who they use now and how happy they are. We have all be in tears since the announcement; we were sold like cattle. Yes, we can turn it down, but there's no severence pay either.
And in turn, the works goes from MQ to MQ India. nm - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
MQ taking big health system - Ex-MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
I know all about MQs behavior. Yes, you were sold like cattle and you will be treated like less than cattle if you stay. Time to polish your resume NOW. I am really sorry this happened to you.
Big difference, tho--you're not cattle. Go elsewhere, - if you want to make that point. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
leaving wmx - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have 4 interviews going right now, and I am not staying with Wmx. It is sad, I really loved them when I started, but they too are treating people like cattle, taking lessons from Q maybe?

One company so far is paying more, 2 are about the same, and 1 is lower. Then there are the local smaller MTSOs that pay pretty well, but the job is not as secure, and benefits are not as good. So, at least I am getting out there and will make a decision. This much I know, I will not stay and be treated like cattle any longer by WMX.

I have some good friends I am leaving, it is bittersweet, and I wish everyone the very best, and hope you too can find happiness with whatever your decision is.
MQ and big health systems... - HappyWebbieNM
[ In Reply To ..]
well, that explains why MQ is calling all the MTs who have ever worked for them or Spheris to try and get us to come back....I told them NO WAY both times they have called in the last as many weeks!
MQ - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You know, if enough MTs said "no way" to MQ, then maybe they would lose some accounts! Just a thought! I would personally take just about any other job out there than EVER work for them!

Similar Messages:

QC Leaving?? Leaving More Work For MTs?
Jun 14, 2015

Sorry QC was put on the grid and suffering losses (like we have), but from my point of view the more of them leave, the more work left for us.  Isn't that horrible we are reduced to feeling that way about our co-workers??? Some QC say they are not allowed to do MT unless the account is behind, some say they are allowed when they run out of work.   From the length of time we have been suffering from OOW I have to believe they can and do jump in on our work when out of QC ...

I Don't Know If This Has Been Mentioned Before But
Dec 20, 2013

Every December, MT Stars would have snowflakes falling down the screen and they kind of cheered me up.  Is there a reason we don't have them again this year? ...

New Computers Mentioned Below
Oct 21, 2011

Are these laptops? ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

HTTPS And FTP Are Mentioned In A Job Ad. Can Some One Tell Me What They Are Please? Nm
Feb 26, 2014

Xx ...

Wow - What A Scam - No Company Mentioned
Mar 09, 2010

I recceived a letter the other day as an advertisement stating "Work from the comfort of your home!  Typist needed.  1,000's of immediate openings available.  No experience necessary.  Flexible hours, FT or PT, competitive pay.  Must be ablet to type 85 words or  more per minute.  Must be detailed oriented, accurate, and have good listening skills.  Typing test will be administered.  Most positions require that applicant reside in the US.  I ...

If You Are Researching An MTSO That Has Never Been Mentioned (sm)
Aug 21, 2010

on this board and BBB has no listing for them where can you go to do a research of them other than paying for a background search?  I tried the "Yellow Pages" but it doesn't yield much information.  Would appreciate any info.  ...

Ugh!!! Recent Company That Has Been Mentioned On Here
Oct 17, 2012

There have been recent posts on here regarding a company who wants you to have a certain version of software installed before you can work for this company.  I had several discussions with said MTSO, who stated that he would pay for it and take it out in increments from my paycheck.  Unlike other MTSOs, who may send via the internet and snail mail, they send paperwork via snail mail.  I called earlier in the week to see if it had been recieved  "no, and we will call you ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Nuance Is Mentioned In This Article About
Dec 08, 2014

Very interesting...   http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/12/03/stephen-hawking-artificial-intelligence-could-end-human-race/ ...

Are Names Mentioned On MT Test To Get A Job For Real?
Dec 07, 2010

I took a test the other day to apply for an MT job and the doctor loud and clear gave the patient's name. The dictation was a consult. When the doctor mentioned the name of the hospital, I heard a beep, but when then the patient's name was stated I heard it. I hope those are fake dictations that we test on. If that was real information, I do not want to go there for help.   ...

Donald Trump Mentioned In His Speech
Apr 27, 2011

outsourcing of jobs to India!!!  Maybe he actually gets it.... How can our economy improve when our jobs are going overseas??????? ...

No One Has Mentioned The FIESA Elephant In The Room.
Dec 03, 2014

They have put out the word that they are hiring more auditors. That is probably to ensure more mistakes are caught, thereby lowering our pay even more and turning us against one another. I don't understand FIESA's role in this. Anyone?? ...

Precyse Lawsuits? Someone Mentioned "wait
Nov 28, 2012

until the lawsuits hit."  What lawsuits?  I'd love to get in on one of them..... ...

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes! Last Night I Mentioned The Coding Education Offer To My Husband, Sm
Mar 11, 2014

and my teenage son, who has witnessed many meltdowns that I have had working for MM, was in earshot and simply said, Mom, wouldn't that be like marrying an abusive boyfriend?  His analogy was right on if you ask me! I have been sending out resumes, actively looking for another job and when I saw this I thought that it sounds great and is a very generous offer but in the end you will still be working for Mmodal who expects everything and gives nothing in return.  I am her ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Leaving MQ
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get 401K after leaving MQ.  I have had it.  I believe the dictators I am getting were hand picked for me, I can barely make minimum wage.   I know this has been asked before, but please answer. ...

Leaving MQ?
Jun 14, 2010

I've been sending out resumes almost daily for close to 8 months now.  I've also been on at least 20 interviews but once they actually realize I've been working at home for almost 20 years, I don't get any job offers because they "want office experience."   I've been so depressed with so many medical offices turning up their noses at me because I've been working from home.  I'm quite sure I probably know termin ...

Leaving WMX ? Re Last Pay
Sep 21, 2010

I am leaving WMX and wondered if they hold last pay until they receive their equipment back? Anybody in this position? Thanks! ...

Leaving The Q.
Jul 20, 2011

Just wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of long-timers leaving the Q finally. The account I worked on for 15 years just up and vanished Monday - without a word to any of us. I applied for, and got, a job offer within minutes of sending my resume. I know MQ has beaten us all down over the years, but there are actually other companies and people who appreciate our abilities and stamina to say with such a company for so many years in spite of it all :) ...

Not Sad To Be Leaving The Q,
Sep 10, 2011

I've been cleaning out my office to start a new job soon, and I came across some things from the good old days, i.e., before the Q.  I found email certificates my first CCM from 10 years ago sent when I kicked it line count and quality-wise.  She didn't have to do that, but back then, we got respect as much as we gave it (I was HS back then).  I also found some old pay stubs from when I was a tier 1 and just getting into the routine.  I now make 1/6 of what I did wh ...

What I've Seen Since Leaving MT
May 01, 2012

I recently left the MT field but am in a position where I have to review medical records daily. I've come across mistakes that make me question where they came from... was it a VR report that an editor didn't catch... was it a transcription error... or was it a doctor error. Some of the things I've come across were a statement along the lines of "would've healing well"... I figure this was supposed to be something like "wound is" healing well. I came across a discrepancy ...

To Those Leaving MT
Sep 13, 2012

Curious, as to those getting out of MT, where are you going? I am soooo dissatisfied with this profession today. My wages are half what they were hourly only 4 years ago (VR for me is not profitable). The account specs get more and more complicated and you have to work on at least 5 or 6 accounts to keep work. Add in the hard to understand accents (I mean can't even understand the dictator's name half the time) and the left off demographics, and it is a recipe for low, low wages. I liv ...

I'm Leaving
Sep 20, 2012

Since ASR and off-shoring came along I have been wanting to leave the industry and after 5 years of procrastinating I finally took the plunge.  I have been applying and interviewing and after turning down two offers from different companies I finally accepted a position a couple days ago as a nurse aide with 1/2 hr lunch which food is provided, two 10 minute breaks, every other weekend off, every other holiday off (time and a half pay when I do work holidays), $.30/hr extra weekend pay, 4% ...

Leaving MT! Got Another Job!
Oct 26, 2012

I just got a job working for a Medical Records company.  I will be attaching scanned medical records into the EMR.  I am so thrilled I won't have to sit at my computer waiting all day for work to come in to make little money.  For those of you that are looking to get out of MT, it can be done.  Don't give up. ...

So Now Leaving A Mg Off A Med
Dec 27, 2014

That just seems weird. I get if it's supposed to be mcg and you put mg, something doctors often do in their dictation, but leaving off the mg, 3.0? They are really digging deep into every document to find the means to which to cut our pay. I could never do QA/QC with this company, too nasty. We are perpetual victims, but they have become the freaking Spanish Inquisition. Honestly. ...

Leaving, Not Sure Where But Cannot Take It Any More
Mar 08, 2015

Left this company once before, to another company that was worse, if you can believe that and I will say their name Pre____. You should get it figured out. What has happened with this switchover from Enterprise 5 to Editscript 11 is beyond belief. I'm the one who cannot pend reports, have reached out to everyone and anyone I can think of including IT solution center multiple multiple multiple times and this is falling on deaf ears. My TSM tells me to work on the Editscript account full we ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

To Those Leaving The MT Field
Mar 01, 2010

How long do you think MT'ing will be around?   I'm going back to school to become a social worker, something i've always wanted to do, and need the income while i'm in school.  In fact, today was my first day.  Its an online course and it will take some adjusting, but I feel its time.  I'm following a dream, MT'ing was supposed to be temporary but it is such a cushy job, who would want to leave it?   I think the problem is, there ...

Thinking About Leaving MT, But...
Mar 02, 2010

I am not sure what jobs to apply for as I have only worked as a medical transcriptionist for over 10 years.  I guess I am wondering if my skills as an MT only would make me more hireable in any other medical profession, or is it just looking at Walmart for me now, lol  TIA for any advice. ...