A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

new computers mentioned below - MT

Posted: Oct 21, 2011

Are these laptops?

Laptops? Riiiight, AS IF! Mine's a Dell n/m - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Don't Know If This Has Been Mentioned Before But
Dec 20, 2013

Every December, MT Stars would have snowflakes falling down the screen and they kind of cheered me up.  Is there a reason we don't have them again this year? ...

Are Those Of Us To Who It Was Mentioned To Go Live With DQS 7
Jun 06, 2012

today still supposed to start using it?  I haven't received any official email from the CCM stating to start using it today. ...

HTTPS And FTP Are Mentioned In A Job Ad. Can Some One Tell Me What They Are Please? Nm
Feb 26, 2014

Xx ...

Wow - What A Scam - No Company Mentioned
Mar 09, 2010

I recceived a letter the other day as an advertisement stating "Work from the comfort of your home!  Typist needed.  1,000's of immediate openings available.  No experience necessary.  Flexible hours, FT or PT, competitive pay.  Must be ablet to type 85 words or  more per minute.  Must be detailed oriented, accurate, and have good listening skills.  Typing test will be administered.  Most positions require that applicant reside in the US.  I ...

If You Are Researching An MTSO That Has Never Been Mentioned (sm)
Aug 21, 2010

on this board and BBB has no listing for them where can you go to do a research of them other than paying for a background search?  I tried the "Yellow Pages" but it doesn't yield much information.  Would appreciate any info.  ...

There Was An Account Mentioned Leaving WMX A While Ago, SM
May 22, 2011

Curious -- did that account leave yet?  Any word on how they are spreading work around the MTs?  I was wondering if this is one of my backups or not. ...

Ugh!!! Recent Company That Has Been Mentioned On Here
Oct 17, 2012

There have been recent posts on here regarding a company who wants you to have a certain version of software installed before you can work for this company.  I had several discussions with said MTSO, who stated that he would pay for it and take it out in increments from my paycheck.  Unlike other MTSOs, who may send via the internet and snail mail, they send paperwork via snail mail.  I called earlier in the week to see if it had been recieved  "no, and we will call you ...

Surprised No One Has Mentioned MT Week Yet. Nm
May 20, 2014

ff ...

Nuance Is Mentioned In This Article About
Dec 08, 2014

Very interesting...   http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/12/03/stephen-hawking-artificial-intelligence-could-end-human-race/ ...

Are Names Mentioned On MT Test To Get A Job For Real?
Dec 07, 2010

I took a test the other day to apply for an MT job and the doctor loud and clear gave the patient's name. The dictation was a consult. When the doctor mentioned the name of the hospital, I heard a beep, but when then the patient's name was stated I heard it. I hope those are fake dictations that we test on. If that was real information, I do not want to go there for help.   ...

Donald Trump Mentioned In His Speech
Apr 27, 2011

outsourcing of jobs to India!!!  Maybe he actually gets it.... How can our economy improve when our jobs are going overseas??????? ...

No One Has Mentioned The FIESA Elephant In The Room.
Dec 03, 2014

They have put out the word that they are hiring more auditors. That is probably to ensure more mistakes are caught, thereby lowering our pay even more and turning us against one another. I don't understand FIESA's role in this. Anyone?? ...

Precyse Lawsuits? Someone Mentioned "wait
Nov 28, 2012

until the lawsuits hit."  What lawsuits?  I'd love to get in on one of them..... ...

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes! Last Night I Mentioned The Coding Education Offer To My Husband, Sm
Mar 11, 2014

and my teenage son, who has witnessed many meltdowns that I have had working for MM, was in earshot and simply said, Mom, wouldn't that be like marrying an abusive boyfriend?  His analogy was right on if you ask me! I have been sending out resumes, actively looking for another job and when I saw this I thought that it sounds great and is a very generous offer but in the end you will still be working for Mmodal who expects everything and gives nothing in return.  I am her ...

? Re Computers
Mar 17, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in a little project I'm working on.  I'm compiling a list for someone of the companies that provide you with a computer for doing transcription on. Not asking anybody to do the work for me, but if you would like to share the name of a company who does this, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks and have a great day.     ...

MQ And New Computers
Oct 10, 2011

Received an email I am to get a faster/more updated computer from MQ.  Are we getting ready to turn over to a new program.  Have not seen anything posted and was just wondering. ...

New Computers
Dec 08, 2011

Has everyone who needs a new computer gotten it yet? ...

Question On Computers
Jun 04, 2010

How many MT's work with more than one computer? ...

Not To Smart With Computers
Jan 08, 2011

Hi all, I purchased a new computer over Christmas with a very large screen due to having poor eyesight.  Everything seems fine until I get into ChartScript, where everything is so very, very small.  It is worse than with my smaller screen.  I have to literally stand up and put my nose to the screen to make sure I have correct patient info in the demographics, etc.  Any suggestions?  Is there something on the screen itself I can adjust, or do you think it is within ChartS ...

Laptop Computers
Feb 06, 2011

Just wondering if anybody who uses their own computer to do MT uses a laptop?  I've had some problems with my computer and now need to take it in for repairs again, and I was considering getting a laptop as a backup so that I would still be able to work while my desk top computer is out of service.  Any advice on what type of laptop to get?  Thanks much. ...

For Those Whose MQ Computers Are Slowed By
Apr 17, 2011

(Moderator - please do not move to tech forum as this is a Medquist problem with Kapersky anti-virus program)   I spent several hours this past week trying to install Kapersky, and it would not install, so I called tech support and ended up escalating the problem to "Systems Administrator."  She called back and remotely went into my MQ computer and installed the program.  While I was on the phone with her, I told her that others were having a problem with Kapersky slowing down ...

For Those Of You Who Use Your Own Computers To Work On........
Apr 30, 2011

How do you go about this?  Do you have to call tech and get permission?  Or just download DQS, etc?  I was hoping to use my own computer, which is a much more powerful computer than this outdate POS I have from MQ; I think it's the reason I have so many probs in DQS--the worst being the lag in typing....I have to constantly wait for what I have typed to "catch up" with me.......so annoying.  Not to mention takes forever to upload a job, etc. But wondering if we are tec ...

I Am So Sick Of Computers!
Oct 27, 2011

I know all the techies out there will say I must "get with the times", but I absolutely hate computers!  It isn't enough that you have to learn a new platform for each and every company you work for, but they think you should know all the regular "computer stuff" as well.  I don't use my computer for anything except work, email, and to look things up because I don't want to-- but everybody expects you to be a computer expert today, like it or not.  If they didn' ...

MModal Computers And More Than One
Oct 30, 2012

Does anyone know if it is possible to get 2 Mmodal computers?  I live with my youngest son and my oldest would like me to stay with him half the week- just wondering if I could have an Mmodal computer at 2 different locations.  ...

Fiesa And XP Computers, Etc
Apr 04, 2014

Everyone acts like it's all something new not to be provided a computer.  As a former recruiter, let me tell you that 98% of equipment sent out was not returned and this very expensive for any company.  It's not Nuance's fault XP will no longer be protected.  There is no reason to go in debt for a new computer when you can easily buy one for less than 200, and remember it's all tax deductible and they have the loan plan if you meet the qualifications. Fiesa is ...

For Those Of You With Computers Provided By Your Company SM
Nov 02, 2009

Hi there - i work for a hospital but we were sent home to type 1 year ago. Now my Norton's antivirus is up I was just told by the director of our department that I have to pay for the subscription myself ($45!) and then be reimbursed by the hospital....is this the way it is done?  Seems to me it is a little iffy - just wanted some opinions....thanks! ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Computers Reading X-rays Now?
Apr 02, 2010

I have a friend who lead MT at a radiology group and she tells me that they are using software that reads parts of an x-ray. It can detect where the calcifications are. I wonder if the radiologists are thinking they may out of a job just like us someday. ...

Changing Computers Question
Jun 11, 2010

I just started a new job. All the software got put on my computer remotely, and it took a long time. My computer is slow, and I want to get a new one in about 3 months. Do companies hate it if you change computers? It seem like they would be put out by spending another 2-3 hours putting the software on my computer. I know every company is different though.   ...

Does Transcend Supply Computers?
Jul 18, 2011

Also, they seem to have lots of different platforms.  Which platform is your favorite? ...