A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The TRUTH about Precyse Solutions - STAY AWAY! - wastedcareer

Posted: Aug 24, 2011

Actually, several truths about Precyse that current or prospective employees should be aware of:

1.  Recently, an entire group of employees was laid off who had been there for years and had been great employees.  I was one of these people.  The official company line is something like "Processes have become so efficient that we no longer need nearly as much staffing as we have had in the past."  The truth is that the company is pushing to move all work over 2 hour TAT to India, and India no longer has to have domestic QA checking its work.  They just don't want the MTs to know because they are afraid they will all leave before transition is complete.

2.  Within the last few months, a Workflow Coordinator position was posted on the website, but at the same time, a relatively new employee who is the sister of a high-level manager was promoted to a management position that was never even posted.  There were several of us who are far more qualified, but we weren't even given an opportunity to apply.  Needless to say, it is common knowledge that she is not even qualified for this position because she couldn't even handle her previous position. Why couldn't they at least post for this opening?  Some of us would have loved the opportunity, especially since we had been here for YEARS....and in good standing.  Pure NEPOTISM, PERIOD.

3.  Upper management, bottom line, does not care about its employees.  I do have to say that in my experiences here, the middle/lower management employees were the backbone of things and at least acted like they cared about the employees.  If you aren't in the right circles at the company, you will never get anywhere.  You either have to be related or have worked at a company with those who run the company.  Otherwise, you get to remain a peon.

Mark my word...if you go to work at this company, you are going to find yourself losing your work to India every time you turn around.  You will be the ones getting the ASR trained for the Indian MTs, and then you will find yourself with a new temporary account that you will have for 2 weeks until it is ready for India...and then, guess what....you will have no job.  Precyse used to be such a wonderful company until the past 2 years.  It's such a sad situation.

I can't remember how long it has been, a few years, but - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I interviewed with them. The recruiter was on IM with other people the entire interview, and she said every word she was typing. She told me how lucky I was that they had an opening on this particular account because it was an absolutely wonderful account that the MTs loved and there was rarely an opening. She then told me the name of the account. I had worked on that account at another company and it was horrendous. The absolute worse ESL dictators and I do about 85% ESL now, so I'm used to them.

She then switched me to the team lead for this account who slipped and pretty much told me that the account was difficult and they couldn't keep MTs on it, that they sent the good work offshore and kept the difficult dictation in the U.S. I already knew I wasn't going to take the account after talking with the recruiter, but they offered me a position, which I of course declined. I hate being lied to more than anything. As my momma used to say "I was born at night, but it wasn't last night."

Precyse-Stuck here, but not for much longer - HighHopes

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there, and the transition of work to India has affected my line counts because, it seems like as soon as I learn an account, it goes to India. It really is frustrating. I do get plenty of work right now, but it is in about 6 different accounts all day long. I do like my manager, though. The benefits aren't great, but I need them for my family - but, gosh, it take HALF of my paycheck, and the health insurance isn't all that great. I am really starting to feel like the company is getting so nitpicky and looking for reasons to fire people, so I have no sense of job security here. I don't think there is job security anywhere...but I am continuing to look for something better than Precyse. Trying to find a silver lining somewhere so it won't be so depressing to come to work daily. If you do come to Precyse, I wouldn't trust about half of what the company preaches...at least you won't be disappointed. And, yeah, I heard, too, that there is a lot of upward mobility among family members of supervisors in the company. It isn't right, but what can you do?

Take This Job and Shove It - Disgusted Precyser

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the old Johnny Paycheck song that's been going through my head lately and I wish I could sing it to 'em!!!! However, a person has to eat and pay the bills so for now I am stuck or at least until I get FIRED for not being able to keep up with their unrealistic expectations dealing with some of the worst dictators I've ever heard (and I used to work at MedQuist!). You must not make any mistakes and you must do everything at breakneck speed. And let's not neglect to mention the micromanaging that's going on. It's always been there but it's much, much worse lately. I've had a feeling they want to get rid of us, or at least some of us, for a while now and these comments on here shed a little light on the picture for me. I can't believe I'm saying all these things because I used to LOVE working for Precyse. Now I absolutely HATE going to work every day, wondering what I'm going to be badgered about next. I heartily agree with all that's been said here about Precyse. In a sick sort of way I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I used to work for Precyse about five years ago. - Ex-Precyser

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for them for three years. When I first started that company was Heaven on earth. Decent accounts/dictators. Great managers. Good training. All of a sudden (coinciding with when they started to transition to SR) everything fell apart. Worst dictators in the world, poor training, nasty QA. The longtimers were jumping the decks like rats off of a sinking ship. Couldn't make any money. Constant running out of work and being micromanaged. I almost went bankrupt.

I believe that we had a change in senior management that wasn't widely advertised, and when they came aboard the whole culture of the company changed. Leaving there was one of the best decisions that I've ever made in my MT life.

Good luck to you all regardless of whether you decide to stay or find other employment.

Horrible place.

Similar Messages:

Stay Away From Precyse... Horrible Company!
Jun 23, 2015

nm ...

SITS Solutions STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
May 07, 2015

WARNING, WARNING   I worked at SITS Solutions and never got paid for the work I did.  I also had an associate that was done the ssame to.  They give a false address on their contarcts 1016 W Franklin St Chicago but when I called there they had never heard of them. They are Indian based and have no US staff. If you want to work for free it's super opprotunity:)   mtpro ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...

Precyse Solutions?
Jan 17, 2012

I would appreciate any information on this company: How much they pay, if pay is on time, are there tons of acount specs, do they leave you alone to do your work or hover over you, platform(s) ease of use, etc.  (I know it is mostly VR.) Thanks! ...

Precyse Solutions
Oct 20, 2014

Anyone know how the company treats their employees? Out of work frequently?Average base line rate?  Platform good or bad?  Management/cherry picking? Health insurance high?  Thank you so much! ...

Precyse Solutions - Anything About This Company?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone work for Precyse Solutions or know anything about this company?  I was wondering if they have plenty of work and are getting any new accounts soon?  Thank you in advance for any information that anyone can give to me. ...

Good Or Bad About Precyse Solutions?
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone know anything good or bad about Precyse Solutions? ...

Precyse Solutions New Employee
Sep 17, 2010

I am a new employee of Precyse Solutions.  I am really enjoying the work environment they provide.  Everyone I have had contact with is helpful and enthusiastic.  The training has been excellent!  The hourly line rate is commensurate with experience.  While in the training phase I am being paid an hourly rate.  Also, they have a guide to help you understand where you should be with regard to production over the course of time during the first 90 days.  ...

Precyse Solutions Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

What platform(s) does Precyse Solutions use?  Is it basically VR or is there some straight as well?  Happy there? ...

Precyse Solutions - Any Experience ?
Jul 01, 2011

Hi! Does anyone currently work for PS and willing to share how their experience is? I'm not interested in pay nor benefits, but in how they treat employees, is most of the work VR, are your accounts constantly changing? Just the overall culture of the company, if you will. ...

Does ANYONE Who Works For Precyse Solutions Like It There??
Jan 23, 2012

Any feedback on this company, good or bad, is appreciated ...

Does Precyse Solutions Send Out W2s?
Feb 01, 2012

Does Precyse Solutions send out W2s? ...

Precyse Solutions - Considering Working For This Company
Jul 27, 2010

I'm considering working for this company.  I have an interview scheduled.  Can any current employees let me know what you think of the company?  Most of what I have read does not sound good. :-( ...

Anyone Ever Worked For Or Tested With Precyse Solutions?
Jul 26, 2010

Has anyone ever worked for or tested with Precyse Solutions? ...

Precyse Solutions - Thinking Of Applying
Dec 05, 2010

Anybody ever hear of the above company?  I'm thinking of applying. ...

Precyse Solutions - Thinking About Hiring On
Feb 28, 2012

Does anybody know anything about Precyse Solutions.  Thinking about hiring on. ...

Precyse Solutions Pre-employment Ctr Testing
Jul 15, 2012

Does anyone have a link for a practice test or sample of pre-employment tumor registrar test? Thanks ...

Precyse Solutions - Medical Records Department Has Just Been Outsourced
Sep 15, 2010

Our medical records department has just been outsourced to Precyse solutions.  I have looked at a lot of posts, but most are old and I was wondering if anyone has any input to help me decide to take a job there.... thanks in advance! ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

TRUTH
May 07, 2010

After weeks and weeks of research, and reading tons of forums and reviews, speaking to advisors at on-line colleges, receiving multiple packets by mail, etc.....   I believe Career Step's medical coding program or AHIMA would be the BEST possible option for anyone trying to break into this field from home, learning at their own pace and the best affordability. Please does anyone here beg to differ?  I am looking for constructive criticism as well as any positives on these two o ...

I Really Need The Truth!
Apr 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!  I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times but I'm unsure of how to navigate this forum to find answers.  So here's the skinny. I'm a recent graduate of Cometology school and I'm having a very hard time finding employment due to my own poor timing.  We are military and my husband is due for orders in about 8 months.  So I've been looking into Medical Transcription and Editing with hopes that I would be able to take m ...

Do Not Know If This Is Absolute Truth Or Not, But
Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself! ...

Now The Truth About Those Not Notified.
Mar 21, 2014

Just got an email that said I was put on a wait list.  I will know by close of day on Wednesday if I got a slot.   ...

Why To Tell The Truth About Nuance
May 23, 2014

For those of us who have found ourselves as Nuance employees by virtue of company buyouts, hospital outsourcing, or something other than traditional methods of job hunting, we have all suffered a major life loss, loss of income, loss of security, loss of self-esteem, loss of pride in work, and on and on and on.  And, certainly in my case, representatives of Nuance told half-truths, made promises that could never be achieved, and decieved me, leading me into a miserable situation. There is ...

The Truth About The Swap Board
Apr 05, 2010

I used Schedule Source for about a year when they were testing it.  It's one of those "benefits" they keep talking about.  The problem is, if you swap you will be in somebody else's cesspool - getting unfamiliar accounts for which you have to read maybe multiple  CPs and get reports where you may have to leave QA markers and spend extra time researching.  It's also a mechanism for MTs to dump shifts where they know they will get a specific crummy account/dictat ...

At Last!! Transcend Tells The Truth.
Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team le ...

Finally Truth Be Told
Jan 02, 2011

Saw this in an online article on how to work at home: Fast typer? Become a transcriber.Anyone with solid typing experience—legal secretaries, executive assistants or simply those with quick fingers—can work from home as a transcriber. Some companies offer very specific work (such as transcribing legal documents only), while others pair you with assignments that match your expertise and job background. Salary: Payment is by page or an hourly rate; approximately $10 per hour. For more ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...