A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do not know if this is absolute truth or not, but - heard DSG was laying off more people

Posted: Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself!

??? - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just hired by DSG and they were looking to hire about 60 MTs, having hired about 20 last I knew. There are things going on there though, but I really don't think appropriate to discuss in open forum. Bottomline, I'm not real happy there so far as I was hoping for a more "family-type" of atmosphere than what I've experienced so far as I want to feel part of something, not just another number. Big reason why I left my previous employer of 6 years. Of course, I think DSG has a lot going on right now, having brought on this major new account. I hope that the news of layoffs is just a rumor and that things settle down a bit as they get a new team in place.

I think it's appropriate to discuss because I was - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just offered a position by them, and I'd like to know if I should take it or not! If they're really running out of work & laying off, I'd definitely like to know! I would appreciate any input from current DSGers.

There is work available - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
So far, I have had work available, but only since the original account we were hired on to do was "lost" and we are swapping out minutes with a new account which was gained back from overseas. Needless to say, the second account for most is much more difficult and thus I think the reason why work is now available.
Are you able to consistently get a full day's worth of work? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I am considering accepting a position with them, but the reason I'm leaving my other job is lack of work, so this makes me very nervous! Do they put the overseas workers first & US workers do backup for them, or the other way around?
workload - Tina
[ In Reply To ..]
They say they don't have overseas accounts, they just got this one as it was being done overseas and the client wasn't happy so DSG got the account (not sure where the are swapping out the other account with). I think if you work midday/early evening hours then you will have work. I think early morning and late night sometimes runs low. Hope this helps! As is, I think I am going to go ahead and resign, but nothing to do with them, just because I am trying to get my own company up and going and I need more time to devote to that endeavor.
To "Are You Able"... do you seriously think you will get the truth here? - Some people get on this board and lie.
[ In Reply To ..]
Use your common sense. If you wanna hear nice things about MTSOs, you don't usually find it here unless it's management covering tracks. It's terrible what they do to MTs these days and the profession has gone to the pits. MTs, if they are good ones, are hard to find, but companies don't appreciate that anymore.
sounds like what they call 'bait and switch' on the boards. SM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
you know, at hire, promiss you everything...end up with the junk.

maybe?

Similar Messages:

Absolute Transcription - Job Ad
Oct 14, 2009

Saw the ad on the Job Board and ran some figures against a file I had transcribed with a nice amount6 of formatting codes. The file measured about 150 KB in size. Counting all formatting codes:   602 linesConverting to gross lines, no formatting codes:   676 lines 602 x 0.08 = $48.16602 x 0.09 = $54.18     (65-keystroke line with all formatting codes) 676 x 0.065 = $43.94676 x 0.07 = $47.32I wanted people to have a bit of a clearer picture as far as the ...

Absolute FED UP With These Expectations
Oct 24, 2012

I am absolutely fed up with being an MT and I am about to leave this field for good. Over the years, I have worked for several MT companies and I know that quality is important. I understand that the reports have to be correct and quality has to be high. However, what I need to *** about is what these MT companies are REALLY doing to us. First of all, to be an MT, we went to school. We studied our butts off and we paid an outragous fee to get this diploma. We took tests and passed them. We ...

Absolute Transcription, Is Their Pay A Typo?
Oct 15, 2009

Who in their right mind would work for 7 cpl? ...

Absolute Transcription (in Oklahoma)
Mar 01, 2010

Does anyone have any information on this company, good or bad? Thanks in advance. ...

TRUTH
May 07, 2010

After weeks and weeks of research, and reading tons of forums and reviews, speaking to advisors at on-line colleges, receiving multiple packets by mail, etc.....   I believe Career Step's medical coding program or AHIMA would be the BEST possible option for anyone trying to break into this field from home, learning at their own pace and the best affordability. Please does anyone here beg to differ?  I am looking for constructive criticism as well as any positives on these two o ...

I Really Need The Truth!
Apr 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!  I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times but I'm unsure of how to navigate this forum to find answers.  So here's the skinny. I'm a recent graduate of Cometology school and I'm having a very hard time finding employment due to my own poor timing.  We are military and my husband is due for orders in about 8 months.  So I've been looking into Medical Transcription and Editing with hopes that I would be able to take m ...

Now The Truth About Those Not Notified.
Mar 21, 2014

Just got an email that said I was put on a wait list.  I will know by close of day on Wednesday if I got a slot.   ...

Why To Tell The Truth About Nuance
May 23, 2014

For those of us who have found ourselves as Nuance employees by virtue of company buyouts, hospital outsourcing, or something other than traditional methods of job hunting, we have all suffered a major life loss, loss of income, loss of security, loss of self-esteem, loss of pride in work, and on and on and on.  And, certainly in my case, representatives of Nuance told half-truths, made promises that could never be achieved, and decieved me, leading me into a miserable situation. There is ...

The Truth About The Swap Board
Apr 05, 2010

I used Schedule Source for about a year when they were testing it.  It's one of those "benefits" they keep talking about.  The problem is, if you swap you will be in somebody else's cesspool - getting unfamiliar accounts for which you have to read maybe multiple  CPs and get reports where you may have to leave QA markers and spend extra time researching.  It's also a mechanism for MTs to dump shifts where they know they will get a specific crummy account/dictat ...

At Last!! Transcend Tells The Truth.
Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team le ...

Finally Truth Be Told
Jan 02, 2011

Saw this in an online article on how to work at home: Fast typer? Become a transcriber.Anyone with solid typing experience—legal secretaries, executive assistants or simply those with quick fingers—can work from home as a transcriber. Some companies offer very specific work (such as transcribing legal documents only), while others pair you with assignments that match your expertise and job background. Salary: Payment is by page or an hourly rate; approximately $10 per hour. For more ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

The TRUTH About Precyse Solutions - STAY AWAY!
Aug 24, 2011

Actually, several truths about Precyse that current or prospective employees should be aware of: 1.  Recently, an entire group of employees was laid off who had been there for years and had been great employees.  I was one of these people.  The official company line is something like "Processes have become so efficient that we no longer need nearly as much staffing as we have had in the past."  The truth is that the company is pushing to move all work over 2 hour TAT to Indi ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

Brave AndyPudenda---thanks For Saying The Truth, Even Though It Hurts. Then We Know We Are Not Alon
May 30, 2011

One can feel so beaten up and degraded.  So much to know and for so little pay.  Doc's get things to go faster and their pay is not cut.  Difficult dictators don't have to take a pay cut, yet we get a cut in production and a cut in QA if we don't understand them.    Are the  docs even aware of Account Specifics?  If transcription departments are not in-house any longer, who is making the picky rules?  If you cannot put qhs, then why doesn� ...

I Would Love To Start A Website Dedicated To The Truth Of
Feb 16, 2012

I have the knowhow, just not the creativity.  Although I'm just probably being hopeful/optimistic, I think if more regular folks know where there medical records are going, the errors that are allowed to get by, and who sees all their personal information, that things would change.    In reality, I know this would not make a smidge of difference.  Everything is controlled by corporations with no standards and money these days.  They all have enough money to just w ...

For All Potential Candidates. Truth In Recruitment Advertising
Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the accoun ...

Email From Career Step (MT School): Truth Or Fiction?
Oct 16, 2012

I've been considering getting into the MT field, and I emailed my Career Step academic advisor last week to ask him what he thought about the future of MT.  Here was his response: ********** Thanks for the email.  I understand your concern about the future of the industry.  The rumors that Medical Transcription is going to be phased out in the future are not new.  We’ve been hearing such talk for over 20 years now, and the opposite has proven true thus far.& ...

S/L Monocyte Percent 12.8 And "absolute Monofil" 0.9.
Feb 11, 2011

Anyone heard of "absolute monofil or absolute monophyl"?  (lab section) Thanks, Abby ...

He Dictates "absolute Neutrophil 2.5 Thousand" So Would You
Feb 17, 2015

These always confuse and aggravate me.   ...