A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS in New Hampshire ? - Wondering

Posted: Nov 12, 2012

Does anyone have any current info on TTS out of NH?  I see that they have an ad running and I was thinking about applying, but I wanted to get some feedback on them first from anyone who works for them or who has worked for them in the recent past.  I looked through the archives, but most of the stuff I found on them was at least a couple of years old and older.  I'm mainly wondering if they overstaff accounts and consistently run out of work like so many other companies out there.  Additionally, how is their platform and ability to make a good pay check?  Are they really strict on scheduling?  Any info on them, good and bad, would be appreciated.  Looking for honest opinions!  

TTS - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been staying busy on the escription team. There is a schedule requirement but it can be somewhat flexible. I kind of like having a schedule and I do believe that is why they keep me in work. I have an assigned account with a back up but I stay on my primary most if not all of the time.

Flexible? - PR

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them until about a month ago. I don't know which account you are on but I did not feel like I had any flexibility even though IC because if I should say I am taking a day off, numerous and I mean numerous emails came my way from the lead person. If you love QA most days then this is the place for you. I had an assigned account with a backup and that backup is usually used on a daily work day, that meaning my primary ran out of work most days. If you want to send email to a person, not so, you have to send your email to all the higher ups that work there and if you get a reply and need to answer, once again email the entire group.

I absolutely agree! - Former TTSr

[ In Reply To ..]
AND not only do you get QA'd by TTS, but you'll get it by Nuance AND the hospital if you happen to be on the F account. The account specs for the F place is at least 25 pages and change on a whim. It's a place where if you like to be micromanaged...then you'll feel right at home.

I'm not normally one to hop on here and dissuade someone from working somewhere, but TTS is the worst place I've ever worked at and I was there for 4 years.
I tested and had a phone call.....sm - Katydid
[ In Reply To ..]
I tested and got 48 out of 50 right. Someone called me the next day, asked me what kind of schedule and what specialties I liked, and said that they would speak to the leaders at 5 p.m. and call me the next day if they had a place for me. Did this happen to anyone? How is their pay? I am interested in mainly just straight typing.
It's mostly SR...sm - Peanut
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the same thing happened to me. There was no transcription test which I thought was odd. If you get put on a new account, there will be lots of straight until the SR is trained. Then it will be switched to SR. It's a little less than 4 for SR and a little less than 8 for straight MT. Second and third shift and CMT pay a little more. It's a small company. They want strict adherence to account specifics. They QA often, especially at first until you have proven yourself. They expect strict adherence to your schedule unless given 24 hour notice for any change. An advantage is you start with one primary account and once you master that one, they'll assign a secondary. I may run out of work once every 2 or 3 months. After 3 months you can take advantage of the health insurance (UHC) which, I think, is decent and affordable. Yes, they are strict and do not pay very well, but work is stable.
One other question after you received your call...sm - Katydid
[ In Reply To ..]
The person I spoke to said they would have to speak to their leaders and, if they had a position, they would call me back. Did they tell you this as well? How long before they called you back? Thanks for the information! I just want steady, decent work with pay on-time.
TTS - call back
[ In Reply To ..]
Their recruiter called me back the next day and informed me of what positions were available. I was looking for an early morning schedule which was not available at the time but I will check back with them in a few weeks.
Sorry, don't remember...SM - Peanut
[ In Reply To ..]
those particular details that you ask about. It was quite a while ago. If you are willing to put up with their strict rules, work very hard, and most importantly are always pleasant and cooperative with them, you should do fine. I hope you hear back from them soon and get the job.
TTS - Ole
[ In Reply To ..]
Running out of work there is not usually the problem. If you choose to be an IC, don't even begin to think you'll be able to send them an e-mail to let them know of a day you're taking off. Doesn't work that way. You're basically an employee with no benefits. This situation is a little bit more flexible on the Escription side. The Dictaphone side = no flexibility.
Never heard back....sm - Katydid
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess they didn't have any openings. I am getting discouraged. I am testing well with these companies but then no call-backs. I told them that I preferred day shift but would work either a split-shift or even possibly 3rd shift... =(
I just got hired - Soon to be TTSer
[ In Reply To ..]
The recruiter was really nice and I got hired the day after I took the test. I'll be doing Escription. I think it's a new account. I'm anxious to start!
That is great!!! Is their rate of pay good? SM - Katydid
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you an employee or independent contractor? How is it going so far? Is there a daily line requirement? Thanks!

Similar Messages:

TTS, LLC In New Hampshire?
Feb 24, 2012

Anyone know about this company, TTS, LLC in New Hampshire?  Do they allow their IC's to work independently?  Is their platform one that allows you to be productive?  Does it take a lot to get set up and going?  Is their pay decent?  Thanks. ...

What About TTS LLC In New Hampshire???
May 03, 2012

I know there are posts here from years past, but I have not seen anything recent here.  Is anybody working there fairly satisfied with their job?  I am afraid to ask if you are happy, because that would be stretching it.   I see they are hiring again.  Do they have enough work right now?  Thanks for any answers.    ...

TTS In New Hampshire?
Aug 24, 2012

Does anyone have any current info on TTS out of New Hampshire?  I was thinking about sending them my resume, but wanted to find out what they're like to work for first.  I did a search in the archives and I couldn't seem to find any posts more recent than 2009 on them.  Does anyone have more recent info?  Are they a good company to work for?  Do they overstaff accounts and run out of work frequently?  How about the platform?  Do they pay well?  A ...

Information About TTS In New Hampshire?
Sep 06, 2010

Does anyone have recent information about TTS in New Hampshire?  ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Good/bad?
Aug 05, 2011

Thinking of applying.  Any comments about them, good/bad? ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Any And All information
Mar 27, 2012

I have an interview scheduled with TTS in New Hampshire.  I know there's a lot of reference to them on the board, but I'd really like to hear from those who are working there now.  I would really appreciate any and all information.  TIA! ...

TTS In New Hampshire - Can You Make $ With Their System And Their Rate Of Pay?
Nov 15, 2012

Hi. I accepted a position a few weeks ago, waiting to get started due to my scheduling conflict. I am wondering though, currents MTs or past MTs, did you actually make good paydays working with them? They seem very friendly. I am just worried if I can make good money with them. The rate of pay seems low. ...