A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS Administrative Assistant position-SALARY??? - anon

Posted: May 04, 2015

Did you see the job posting for TTS Administrative Assistant.  Now how in the world is that a salary position?  Don't these people know the IRS is checking out all these misclassifications, just to avoid paying OT?  That's a huge red flag, an exempt position that is nothing more than a glorified secretary or clerical position.  I worked for a company once that had to pay back wages for all the hours worked, as they misclassified an exempt position (salary) that should have been hourly.  Just like IC versus employee, there are certain regulations that have to be followed. 

Administrative - Assistant

[ In Reply To ..]
Once I was salaried as an executive secretary and found out what that "really means" is that being salaried and not hourly, you may very well have to work a 12-hour today to complete all your tasks for the day ...

Salaried Administrative Assistant - Long Time MT-NY

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for a large teaching hospital PT and administrative assistants here are salaried positions. Secretaries no, but administrative assistants are.

Isn't "administrative assistant" just the PC term for secretary? - Sleepy

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's just call a spade a spade here.

TTS SALARIED POSITIONS - ANON EX TTS

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for TTS for a few months as a salaried employee. It was not as an administrative assistant, but for what they call their DELTA Team, which was transcription based. Yes, they give you a yearly salary figure, but actually base your pay on an hourly rate. If there is no work to do, you DO NOT get paid for it. When I was out of work, I had to sign off until work was available, and I did not get paid for that time. But, yes, you will be asked to stay later, start earlier, work weekends, and NOT GET paid for that because you are a salaried employee.
Also, if you do not make in production what they consider to be enough to cover that hourly salary, you are punished for it. This is what happened to me. I did not live up to their expectations as far as producing enough to cover my hourly salary, so I was put back to transcription/editing. I was put on the same account I was working on before accepting the admin job, but at a lower pay rate.

I was with TTS for over a year. At first, I was one of their cheerleaders on this site; however, over time I saw that they were just a little sister of Nuance, using all Nuance's software and actually having Nuance India QA doing the QA, etc.

What?! Indians doing Americans' QA? - Crazy

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope that isn't true. In no way form or fashion are Indian MTs qualified to do QA in their 2nd language on someone speaking English as their 1st language.

M*Modal does the same thing. One of the reasons I quit. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's all about what can be done cheaper, even QA.

Yes, it's definitely true of Nuance as well. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What is TTS' relationship to Nuance? - Antique MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the insight. That sounds like the most unfair "salaried" position. You get paid a specified amount now matter how much OT or weekends you put in, yet when the work is not there they reduce that "salaried" income. That certainly raises a red flag, no doubt for IRS also!

Is TTS a part of Nuance?

Relationship is...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
they have contracts to do Nuance overflow. They are not owned by or a subsidiary of Nuance. They are an independent company -- TTS, LLC.
Thanks (nm) - Antique MT
[ In Reply To ..]

Salaried employees cannot earn less than $455/wk, even if they do not work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Read the regs on the DOL website . . . tests for exempt employee classification. Salaried employees are paid without regard to hours or days worked. They get paid their annual salary PERIOD!

Also ex-TTS- admin - should get hazard pay - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for having to deal with the mood swings of the owner

Similar Messages:

Salary For Supervisor Position
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone have any idea what MQ pays the supervisors and how you go about applying for the position? ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

Informatics Salary Versus Coder Salary
Jan 15, 2013

Hello Everybody.  First, let me say I have gotten a lot of good advice from this board in the past few years.  I have been encouraged to go back to school, am currently enrolled in Andrews for coding, and am looking to the future to obtain a degree to further advance myself in the field. I am very strongly considering WGU's Informatics course. I think this will be a good fit for me, especially considering this program also includes many IT certifications and I have always been ...

Administrative Associates, LLC
Sep 27, 2012

Anyone ever hear of Administrative Associates out of Michigan? Saw recent online ad, any info would be appreciated. ...

How Do You Get Administrative Rights To A
Oct 31, 2012

install software?  Job ad states this. ...

Does Anyone Know If Administrative Assistants Is Still
Sep 03, 2014

in business?  Also, does anyone know of a current list of MTSOs?  I found several, but they are mostly old and out of business. ...

Is There Anyone Nice Working For Transcend In Management Or The Administrative Area?
Mar 25, 2010

You can call every number in the directory and never get anyone who answers a phone.  E-mails are not answered or are answered by a short curt, almost very nasty reply.   Is Transcend ashamed of what they are doing to their employees? They should be if they aren't.  Management has definitely turned the page and have become as rude as possible toward everyone.  No wonder all my teammates have taken second jobs and are just waiting to learn the accounts for ...

Anyone Here Go From MT To Medical Assistant?
Sep 26, 2013

I'm looking at a program in my area that is 9 months long to become a certified medical assistant.  I do realize that MAs don't get paid much (about 14 an hour where I live which sounds awesome to me right about now as I'm a poor MT), and there really isn't any advancement in this type of job.  But, I do want to do something hands-on in the medical field and this seems like a good way to go.  My local hospital is phasing out all the LPNs and replacing them with ...

Anyone Know Anything About Mobile Assistant Inc
Oct 07, 2014

Any info would be helpful. ...

MT Transition To Physician Assistant
Mar 05, 2011

I am considering this.  I am interested in biology and medicine, but do not want to be a nurse.  Anyone know about physician assistant's courses, how rigorous they are, how expensive and how much time it takes to complete them?  I am in the middle of getting my associates degree right now in general studies.  The original plan is going for a masters in social work, but biology and medicine is holding my interest at this point, so wondering if I should switch majors.  ...

Mobile Assistant US Transcription
Nov 08, 2011

Curious about a company by the name of US Transcription who also do Mobile Assistant. Has anyone ever heard of them or worked for them? ...

MT Vs Med Assistant Vs Med Records Tech
May 31, 2012

I have heard and read of MTs moving out of this field into coding. But has anyone transitioned out of MT to med assisting or a medical records technician? Or does anyone know someone who did? I've been trying to research information and was wondering if it is better career and/or better salary that does not require too much schooling? ...

Mobile Assistant - Does Anyone Work?
Jan 22, 2014

Does anyone work as a Mobile Assistant?  I am wanting to find out approximate range of pay before applying. Thanks :) ...

Anyone Heard Of Mobile Assistant ?
Dec 02, 2014

Wondering if anyone has heard of or works for mobile assistant out of Wisconsin. Experiences? ...

Cancer Registrar Vs Medical Assistant? Sm
Jun 01, 2013

I'm considering getting out of transcription. I've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.  I'm looking into either CRM or MA - CRM through AHIMA online or MA at local community college.  I'm worried that CRM is too much of a "niche" job. There is a nearby cancer treatment center. However, I'm also worried that MA would not necessarily pay that much.  I would appreciate any input/advice anyone cares to offer.  ...

Mobile Assistant Transcription Company
Mar 17, 2014

I sent a resume to several jobs from the MT Jobs search and was sent a test for this company.  Has anyone ever worked here before or is currently employed.  If so, could you tell me about them. ...

BURN - The Arm Was Irrigated With A S/l Pulsar Lavage Assistant
Aug 09, 2010

the arm was irrigated with a s/l pulsar lavage assistant with 3 L of s/l lactating ringers ...

I Am So Very Excited!! I Am Starting A Dental Assistant Program (sm)
Jan 27, 2011

in March, will have it completed on May 1st and will be walking away from MT forever!!!  For anyone who are thinking about leaving this field, I wish you all the best and for those who decide to stay, the same, I wish you all the best as well!!  I am nervous but so excited to start something new!  I just received my W2 and after working long hours, nights, weekends, giving up all of this time with my family, it earned me an incredible amount of $14,000.  I have been told that ...

Oticed A Lot Of Medical Assistant Jobs Looking For EMR Experience
Oct 31, 2012

looks like there may be a place for us MTs to go once MT dies out completely ...

Mobile Assistant - Financial And Insurance Transcription?
Mar 26, 2013

Has anyone worked for Mobile Assistant, a company that has financial and insurance transcription? If so, what was your experience like with this company?  Thanks. ...

Going Back To School And Getting Certified As A Medical Assistant
Mar 24, 2014

I have been in the field of Education for 23 yrs and have been an Administrator for the past 13. Due to the economy,  schools would rather hire those with no experience and pay them less than seasoned veterans like myself. I have 2 in college and a 10yr old I adopted at birth so I am far from retirement. I am considering going back to school and getting certified as a Medical Assistant (which would include Phlebotomy and X-ray tech) and Medical Billing/Coding or Transcription. I am currently un ...

Mobile Assistant - Want Me To Update My Operating System To Windows 8
Aug 09, 2013

Hi, I am being offered a job at Mobile Assistant, but they want me to update my operating system to Windows 8 and I cannot afford this, but if they are worth it, I might consider.  Does anyone know anything about this company? are they worth it? P.S. I am in desparate need of a job. ...

Trying To Decide Between Enrolling In A Medical Coding Course Or A Physical Therapy Assistant Course
Sep 20, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Anyone On Salary?
Jun 18, 2010

Just wondering if there is anyone who works from home and gets paid a salary from where they work? Basically, on their payrole and receive benefits and the same amount of money each week no matter how much or little work you have? ...

Salary Cut
Jul 11, 2011

I for one am going to check into partial unemployment, I guess they will pay me more either way.  I am really going to take a hit. ...

Salary
Aug 03, 2011

On my way out the door to interview for an in-house MT position. Is it appropriate to ask the person what the salary is for a hourly position? I have been told, you ask and you won't get the job for sure...Not sure how I feel about it or whether I should ask? I really need this job and don't want to blow it. Any advice is appreciated. ...

QA Salary
Aug 11, 2011

Hello,  I would like to know how much people are making for QA?   ...

Salary For Coders
Feb 02, 2010

What is the average hourly pay for coders?  How would you say the income compares with medical transcription.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 14+ years, and looking into coding.  I actually used to do some light coding and billing years ago, but it was for a OB/GYN practice back in the day. ...

Annual Salary
Jun 08, 2010

I am currently making $34,000 a year as an MT.  I am a single mom raising 2 kids on my own.  I am curious if anyone is making more than that as an MT.  I want to set a goal for myself to make more in the range of $40,000 to $45,000.  Am I being unrealistic?  Can it be done? ...

Salary Class
Jun 16, 2010

on my pay it says salary class 40 what does that refer to? ...