A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Latest V-Mail - Interpretation?

Posted: May 08, 2012

My interpretation to the last V-mail is that we are going to get a cut in pay to match the Indians. Yep.  What do you think?  I forget the exact wording, something about uniform salaries across the board.

Yep, just what I thought! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Corporate doublespeak - cut to the chase

[ In Reply To ..]
Somebody translate?

that means the pay cuts are in the works - for the US MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont even need to read between the lines, it is spelled right out for us. HAPPY MT WEEK... HERE IS YOUR NEW PAY SCALE.

yep about that time - 1 year ago they capped the tiers

[ In Reply To ..]
Christmas and MT week are the times they love to cut pay, reduce benefits, take away bonuses, reshuffle accounts.

When they capped the tiers last year in summer a lot of people took a pay cut, but MQ didn't portray it as a pay cut, but called it just some evening out of pay and doing away with grandfathered higher rates. So I am sure they will come up with some fancy corporate doublespeak term this time to justify reducing our pay without making it seem like a pay cut. Industry standards or staying competitive in the marketplace. Stay tuned.

Translation: "We want the US MTs to quit, so - we can hire us a lot more Indians!"

[ In Reply To ..]

"...market competitive and allow for easier integration of employees." - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Translation: To be market competitive (key word) and allow for easier integration, we must decrease US MT wages to the level of Indian MT wages so everybody is on the same level. Easier to track if everyone is paid the same, saves money and probably eliminates a job position.

that would be less than minimum wage - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't see how even MModal could get away with that.

10 rupees a day? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LOL well...I'm sure - Left MT Yay!

[ In Reply To ..]
It means everyone will have their pay increased to the highest levels. NOT.

Good luck.

We will all be paid the same. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
Tier 1 with no raises ever.

omg - no

[ In Reply To ..]
they cant drop me from a tier 3 to tear 1 pay!!!!
yes they can - sadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
:-(
what a crock... - they get our easy work
[ In Reply To ..]
and we get lowered to their pay.
They will probably require MTs to do all work types. - mom2huskies
[ In Reply To ..]
They will just pay everyone the same, which is Tier 1 regardless. Also all easy work will be sent to India, not that we have very much now anyways.
how? how can they do that? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't everyone just apply for unemployment then? How can they just drop our pay down to what the Indians make? If my pay drops to tier 1, I am losing 2 cpl on ASR alone... That will be half my income which is measly already!
now y'all - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't start saying that stuff or someone's gonna take it as gospel and we really don't know yet.
The pay is not going to be dropped. No wonder - you people on here have
[ In Reply To ..]
so much bad luck..you speak doom and failure on yourselves before you even know what is going to happen.

Dont believe everything you read on these boards, its all a bunch of negative minded people speaking bad things on themselves.
would ya like to place a wager - sweet pea
[ In Reply To ..]
I just think maybe you would like to put your money where your mouth is! And, I could use a little stash money for when I am collecting unemployment!
Not board gossip... - from Vern himself
[ In Reply To ..]
This is not from the boards! It is directly from the CEO's mouth!!! Many of us lived this one year ago, and my bet it is going to happen again. If they are aligning salaries, there is no way in he** they are going to give the Indians a raise, so that means we are going to cut a pay cut. How else can this possibly be interpreted?
You people are crazy and you WANT to - believe the worst no matter what.
[ In Reply To ..]
Again, here is the definition of

enhance -
Intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.

Look it up in the dictionary or google it.
I know what the meaning - of enhanced is...
[ In Reply To ..]
thank you very much, because was salary was "enhanced" last year to the tune of a a greater than 10% pay cut. This is corporate double-speak for change, and not necessarily positive change. I will eat my words and apologize to all if, come early summer, we are all treated to a pay raise, but I won't hold my breath.

And I am NOT crazy....I have worked for this company for a lot of years, and they have cut our salary several times. Of course I don't want to believe the worst, but it's reality, plain and simple
so, you really dont wanna bet me - winner
[ In Reply To ..]
Darn... put up or shut up
YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! - anon17
[ In Reply To ..]
yOU JUST KEEP PUTTING YOUR HEAD IN THE GROUND. THIS COMPANY IS EVIL. I worked for them for 17 years, through several mergers,as a matter of fact started as an IC, then they begged me to become an employee. Through all the mergers, little by little my pay was cut, benefits changed for the worse, promises made and broken. If they are being good to you right now it will not lost. Been there. I was set up to fail. For 16 years had great raves and reviews, the last year I could do nothing right. If you want to ignore what is being stated on this board as angry women, then go ahead, but mark my word, your time is limited. It is better to get fired or terminated that work for this company. If you stay much longer you will not get much from unemployment either. I was able to get the top allowed from unemployment, which is very close to what I was making due to their "wonderful changes" (sarcasm). I had no problem getting unemployment either and I was terminated due to "quality issues." The company did not fight me and I had plenty of proof that I was set up. So keep believing their lies and I feel sorry for you, because you will be sadly rewarded.
well if you're so sure - you better just jump ship right now
[ In Reply To ..]
go ahead put your money where your mouth is.
Key word, "market competitive" - That says it all. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
negative.. been there, lived it - MT Gone
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a negative person. In the less than a yaer after Spheris was bought out by Q (M*Modal) I received one (1) MT Reward (AKA pay cut) then a few months later they "needed to align salaries" (pay cut again.) So call me negative, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's pretty safe to bet it's a duck. Lived the nightmare of worrying about losing everything I'd worked so hard for and was fortunate enough to escape the MT field (which I had loved) with my health, finances, and sanity still somewhat intact! Wager anyone?
No need to kick everyone when they're down - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
While the email is ambiguous at best as to what corporate will be doing, I don't think it's an illogical reaction to assume there will be pay cuts. People are reacting in fear to corporate email not because of some knee jerk paranoid reaction; they have long memories. Most emails from corporate that promise us new things have turned out to be Trojan horses filled with pay and benefit cuts, more hours, less work, ASR, etc.

Unfortunately, history has proven time and again that at MQ/MM you should expect bad news regularly and with great enthusiasm from the messenger.

Now with this email, it is hard to tell. I'm assuming they meant that their U.S. and Indian employees will be paid the same wages separately (i.e., everyone in India gets paid the same; everyone in the U.S. gets paid the same). This could mean promotions all around and an all expense paid trip to Newt Gingrich's moon colony. Or, more likely, pay decreases to some extent. Hopefully within the tiers and not removing the tiers as some have suggested. It's all very vague, so who knows.

The only reason I doubt we will be getting a demotion to the Indian pay rate is because - to my knowledge - they are getting less than minimum wage. Not that there aren't people working for MModal here that aren't getting less than minimum wage, but that's another issue.

Now whether this will prove true or not this time I can't say. But the so-called doomsayers here are simply trying to express their very real fears. Humans are social animals. We need to vent and communicate or we get stressed and our lifespans get shorter. And we've all lost enough years to MModal already.
Thank you. - Glad someone understands
[ In Reply To ..]
Especially this part....

Unfortunately, history has proven time and again that at MQ/MM you should expect bad news regularly and with great enthusiasm from the messenger
but there's also no reason sm - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
to start rumors that tier 3 people will now receive tier 1 pay. that kind of stuff can really upset people who maybe think somebody has inside information or something.
That's also true - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
Rumors start really easily and once it's changed hands enough you've got misinformation being taken as the truth.

So far, all we really know is something may or may not change, sometime, somewhere and it's probably bad if history is repeating itself.

It's probably too much to hope that we've all got more money coming our way, so I'll just hope they were attempting to brighten our spirits with lies about team work and compensatory justice and just had a poor choice of words.

They could even simply mean that the various companies that MQ/MM absorbed and the people who worked for them will be united under a single pay and benefit plan.

For instance, last week, I switched over from my old company's pay system to MM's, which oddly resulted in the first raise I've had in 8 years. It wasn't like an official "You deserve more money," raise. Just a "You incidentally get more money," type of thing. And not much. Maybe like 40 or 50 a pay period. Or less.
I sure hope you are right. When I worked for MQ last time, I remember the REWARD letter! sm - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh boy, far from a reward. I remember thinking that MQ must not know what reward means. The real kicker was they actually said we asked for it and they were listening. I also remember leaving because I could not make it on what I was earning. I've only been here (again) for a couple months still being paid what I was being paid by my former company, but if they cut my pay I will have no choice. I've had my feelers out but I will really kick it into gear if I make any less than what I make now.

I did not get that at all... - trying to stay positive

[ In Reply To ..]
it did state about they want to be market competetive. I think if they want to keep employees they have to do something to turn things around. It also said they are continuing to evaluate and align job titles and salary structures. This must also mean higher up positions. Maybe with MMOdal in the picture they can improve this place. I know by past events the worst comes to mind. I just hope that is not so.

Yes, it totally means pay cuts - probably for us

[ In Reply To ..]
I showed this to my husband, who has worked in and for the corporate world as an independent consultation for years. I e-mailed it to him and asked what it meant in corporate speak. He said "layoffs, restructing, and pay cuts, and not for the person sending the e-mail." This is the language they use. And don't for a second think Vern is talking about aligning the executives pay between those in the US and India. He is talking about us, folks.

My husband suggested, if this truly comes to pass, saying the pay cut is unacceptable and refusing to work until I am fired, and then collecting unemployment and moving on. This is my plan if this really happens. I took the pay cut last year because circumstances prevented me from quitting at the time. Not this time....no flippin' way.

yea, there is no way I am allowing my wages to be - same as India

[ In Reply To ..]
My property tax is not the same, my insurance deductible is not the same, my electric bill is not the same, my gas bill is not the same...

There is no way. I will force them to fire me also and I will take the most relaxing vacation I could dream of!

I read the email and got no interpretation about - a pay cut. As a matter of

[ In Reply To ..]
They are suppose to also be rolling out the enhanced compensation plan in the early summer, so what you guys are stating here is very contradictory to what the emails are saying.

"enhanced compensation" for India - lovely

[ In Reply To ..]
!

Wow...wake up... - "Enhanced" means change

[ In Reply To ..]
but not necessarily for the better. See capitalized section below. This does not mean they are going to pay the Indians more....it means they are going to pay US less.

During the second quarter, across U.S. and India, you will see integration of our people policies, including compensation and benefits, across all entities. As another step in our Mission ONE organizational integration process, we are continuing to evaluate and ALIGN JOB TITLES AND SALARY STRUCTURES, and we expect this to be completed by early summer. Being structured on job titles and salary ranges will help us ensure that we are market competitive and allow for easier integration of employees.
Definition of ENHANCE - sm
[ In Reply To ..]

Enhance -
Intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.

Look it up in the dictionary or google it.
so, enhance India's quality of life by increasing their - pay and lowering ours?
[ In Reply To ..]
I get it.
Im finished. You cant argue with stupid. - Have a great day.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
My Papi always said, Ignorance is Bliss - and
[ In Reply To ..]
Take off the rose colored glasses.
Seriously??? - You just called me stupid?
[ In Reply To ..]
Try realist. I've been around way too long and seen way too much in this company to believe for a second we are getting pay raises this summer
With that definition, I would say it would - only "enhance" the company NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Apparently you dont read Amy Amick's emails - I dont think you
[ In Reply To ..]
even work here, because you are talking off the wall. We had an MT meeting a couple months back where she talked about an "enhanced compensation plan" that they would be rolling out in the early part of the Summer, which totally does not line up with having salaries reduced to India's wages, and is the total opposite of a pay cut.

Do you all not pay attention? What the heck! I dont give a hoot about feaar and fear does not run my life. Its simply negative talk I dont care how you sum it up PERIOD POINT BLANK.
Let's hope so. I'm trying to stay positive and not think about what MQ has done in the pa - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]
AAAAACKKK! - ..and ASR was going to double or triple our produc
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just saying, why do you all believe what corporate tells you? Remember all the puffing up about ASR?

First of all, they use words and phrases that can be interpreted a number of ways. Second, it's not usually in our favor.

Enuf said. We'll see. They'll dangle the carrot, make it look good for a while,then WHAMMO. We're toast financially.

Those of us who have been here 13 or more years have quite seen the trend.

Similar Messages:

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Latest MD-IT Ad
Jun 27, 2011

MD-IT keeps repeating this same ad out of the Boulder, CO, regional office.  But I understand they have had qualified people apply for this job the regional managers pass them up.  I also heard that MTs tried this account, decided it was too horrible to make any money, and decided not to work for this company on this account.  Anyone else have any valid information?  ...

Latest On SGS
Nov 18, 2011

Well, all the rumors are starting to come to pass with dear SGS (Superior Global Solutions).  I "WAS" in QA until yesterday.  They either fired or demoted 7 of us so far to MT status.  Not saying being an MT is a demotion, but for the sake of telling you about SGS and my experiences with them, we shall call it a demotion.  Back a few months ago they made SURE everyone had signed an "At Will" employment form so they would have all their ducks in a row when all this started to ...

TTS - What's The Latest?
Jan 18, 2013

Wondering what it's like there.  Benefits, work flow?  Thanks ...

What Is The Latest On This Company. I See An Ad For Them...sm
Nov 06, 2009

on another board and wondered if they got their stuff together after purchasing Medware?  TIA for any and all information! ...

DQS 6.1 - Anyone Using The Latest DQS Update?
Jun 08, 2010

Is anyone using the latest DQS update?  I think it's 6.1version.  I've already gone through the training on it but haven't heard when it's going to be started.  Thanks ...

Our Latest 10-K From Medquist. How To
Aug 23, 2010

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:wHn1Chp6DzYJ:www.faqs.org/sec-filings/100312/MEDQUIST-INC_10-K/+medquist+restructure&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a Our ability to expand our business and properly service our customers depends on our ability to effectively manage our domestic production capacity and our only offshore transcription labor partner (CBay Systems & Services, Inc.), including our ability to recruit, train and retain qualified MTs ...

The Latest On Inscribe Anyone?
Nov 23, 2010

The latest on Inscribe anyone? I am still searching the archives, but anyone who has info please contact. ...

Latest On Transportal? 
May 08, 2011

What is the latest on Transportal?  Do they do a lot of VR, IC and plenty of work?  Thanks for your input. ...

TTD Latest...what A Shock...well, Not Really.
Jun 01, 2012

Seems MTKing who posts here about how she just LOVES LOVES LOVES TTD sucked up enough to get promoted to Lead QA. NOT a surprise. Folks, take heed, some 50 people have gotten cut from TTD in THIS YEAR alone and it's only just now June. Many are owed money.  The owner sends intimidating emails.  The company offers NO training.  They also do not provide any feedback.  Read posts further down and in the archives. Nothing good can come from working for The Transcription Doc ...

My Latest Gripe
Dec 01, 2012

How many times, I mean how many, really, must we stack the subheading to the left, capitalize it, put a colon after it, and remove the word "is" before this stupid speech engine figures out that's how it's supposed to do it, not all in one paragraph?  I mean, it's a client specific, and I am pretty everyone is doing it this way, every time, so don't tell me this is the MTs fault.  ...

Is Is Just Me Or Is The Latest Post Showing From Oct 20? Sm
Oct 23, 2009

I just switched browsers to Mozilla Firefox, as I was having trouble seeing the posts at all.....Does anyone else use Firefox and read the board just fine?  I hope I don't have to switch browers again. ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Latest News On Stock And MQ 50.00
Jun 26, 2011

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US   Sure hope the bigwigs know what their doing for their pay.  ...

Latest Job Posting (excalibur)
Aug 11, 2010

Looks like another recruiter - that same ad was on another MT job site in the last month....wonder if they charge to submit your application also. ...

AAMT Or Whatever Their Latest Abbreviation Is...
Sep 18, 2010

If it is true that our MT corporations are profiting with VR the same as if we were transcribing, well to me that's picking my pocket......So then why isn't AAMT (or whatever) going to bat for us 'editors' and set standards so that companies will pay us our fair share? Just a thought. Wouldn't it be nice if we were told by our companies that from here on in, VR will pay as much as transcribing? pipe dreams huh? ...

I Need The Latest Official Ruling On A-fib!
Mar 25, 2011

I like a-fib, since I don't see a logical reason to capitalize the "A", but maybe there shouldn't be a hyphen?  ...

Latest Keystrokes Email
Aug 31, 2011

Wow, did everyone get the email sent at 5:05 this evening, which was 6:05 my time.  A lot of BS sprinkled with "we love yous" and "by the way, you aren't getting paid until Friday" and "Its all the office manager's fault because I don't take responsibility for my own actions" love note.  "We are in a steady growth mode" and "we had to change pay dates because we can't get our stuff together enough to do invoices on time" and "we are super and you are lucky to w ...

Want To Post My Latest Sage
Feb 20, 2013

if the QA or TCM come on here I am found out...So Ill wait a while..Just a little reminder to keep a paper trail..cause something will bite you in the tail first chance they get... ...

Latest Email From Corporate
Aug 23, 2013

He must have been working late into the evening working on perfecting his email.  So after so proudly revising the out of work policy just 2 weeks ago, it is apparently already outdated. ...

Diskriter Latest Posting
Aug 29, 2014

Line rate of 5.5 for straight typing? You have to be kidding!  Do they seriously think anyone is going to do straight typing for 5.5?  Anyone who seriously considers working for Diskriter needs to do their research on how the company treats employees and their track record for dissatisfied former employees.  Why jump on a sinking ship. ...

When Is The Latest Date We Are Supposed To Get Our
Feb 09, 2015

but after Jan 31st,  shouldn't we have them by end of February at very latest??  And if they don't get them to us on time for whatever lame excuse,  where do we report it?   Our state's labor board, or the state in which they are registered to do business?  ...

According To MM's Paperwork, Their Latest Version Of
Feb 14, 2015

Fluency now works with Windows 8 and 8.1 64-bit.  Has anyone verified this or had any trouble with it?  TIA! ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

Did Everyone Get The Latest Email About DocQ 5.16 Update?
Mar 03, 2010

Talk about micromanage!  Are you kidding me?  We will be locked out if we don't work our exact shift?  There has to be a 15-30 minute grace period.  I am surprised that there are not a flood of posts about this on this forum already.    I about fell off my chair when I read this.  I am very good about working my shift, but sometimes start 10-15 min early or 10-15 min late.  Gosh, sometimes get stuck on the potty in the morning for a few extra m ...

PLEASE READ - Latest Corporate Policy
Mar 03, 2010

All MQ MTs are advised to closely watch their mailboxes.  In the next few weeks you will be receiving (COD of course) a package from MQ.  You must accept delivery of this package.  It contains an electronic ankle monitor tastefully embossed with the MQ logo.  You must wear this for your entire period of employment with MQ.  When it is time for your shift to start you will receive a gentle, remotely controlled, electronic reminder - 5 or 10 volts at most.  Should you ...

Latest Rules On How To Type Numbers
Sep 14, 2010

Can someone tell me what are the latest rules on typing numbers?  Do you type 3rd or third? Thank you!! ...

Completely Confused About This Latest Merger
Jul 15, 2011

I'm utterly confused regarding this latest merger/acquisition/whatev of MQ of M*Modal.  I just accepted a position with an MTSO working on the M*Model platform.  Does the fact that the Q purchased M*Modal mean that down the road I will be working for MQ?  Does this mean that MQ just owns the rights to M*Model and now has the ability to charge the MTSOs obscene amounts of money to continue to use the platform?  Does this affect our positions as MTs who do work on M*Model ...

Latest Transcend/Nuance Insult
Dec 04, 2012

I am at about the last straw with this company.  Just a few minutes ago I got an e-mail from TSM about the "gym membership reimbursement" program.  It was to remind us "full-timers" to get our attendance records in to HR so that we can get reimbursement. Now, I have never even heard of this program.  I was a full-timer until earlier this year when I got knocked down to part-time because of their ridiculous $900 requirement, which they made impossible to reach with their %#@& ...