A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Synernet Holiday/Christmas Bonus - SynMT

Posted: Dec 12, 2014

Just thought I would give a public shout out to Synernet for the $100 gift card!

They've been taking a good bit of heat on this board lately (some of it deserved), but I believe we should be just as quick with our appreciation when merited as we are with our venom.

There are many in this industry going through similar changes as we at Synernet (feast/famine, VR, low wages), but I guarantee most of them are not getting a gift like this to try to help ease the suffering. Thank you Synernet!! I'm still grateful!

Not everybody gets a $100 gift card. So that's - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
misleading. Yes, it's nice to get anything. I would rather they give me back decent accounts so I can get better line counts and I would rather they solve some of their staffing problems. They have a huge problem with their VR too, but they won't even address it. They may be the same as other companies now, but look what they fell from. Why? is what I want to know. So Merry Christmas to all at Synernet and be sure to get your 6 hours of mandatory OT in before the end of the week. Then start all over again next week, "but it's only for a short time. We are working on solving that."

Synernet Holiday/Christmas Bonus - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm acknowledging the amount that I received ($100) and I'm sure the amounts vary and I'm sure there are some that got much more; there is nothing misleading about that. The fact that they give anything is big considering that most companies (even outside the MT world) do not give any type of monetary bonus any longer.

As far as your gripes, most of those are valid; however, my point is that there are many MTs with other companies going through the same things or much worse and aren't getting anything extra for the holidays.

The problems at Synernet are not unique to Synernet and are more representative of this industry, but many of the good things about Synernet are unique and I just don't think we as a group are quite as quick to point those out and use those to try to balance the scale. I would much rather be dealing with the things going on in this industry with a little something extra.

Not trying to make Synernet out as the be all, end all, but things could definitely be worse - don't believe me, read the Nuance and MM Boards!

Again, I'm grateful - that's my experience; yours may differ.

I am extremely grateful as well - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
For my job with Synernet and for their kind holiday gift.

Do you think they meant for you to post the - amt on a public board? Really tacky

[ In Reply To ..]
A simple thank you would have accomplished it.
Tacky? - SynMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think there is anything tacky about telling how generous they were; when someone gets a tacky mousepad or chapstick on string or some other "token" acknowledgement the people on this board don't mind posting, reading, and commenting on that; I think we should be willing to do the same when it's something good. Telling the amount was to prove the point that it wasn't just a token, but a VERY generous gift! Not sure why you find that tacky; I think that says more about you!
SynMT - abcde
[ In Reply To ..]
I was always taught it was impolite to mention the amount of a cash gift.
I work there as well and I wouldn't have posted it. - Quietone
[ In Reply To ..]
I work at Synernet as well and I didn't think once about posting what I received here. There are too many crappy companies out there who DON'T do anything for their employees. It sounds as if you were gloating. I actually wrote the manager thanking them personally and chose not to post it on here.
Well not everyone feels the need to post everything - no offense to OP, but
[ In Reply To ..]
not everyone is all that comfortable with these boards and will only post on certain topics. It was a nice gift though, some places don't give anything at all, not even a card.
LOL well it would appear you are the only one - with your generous gift. If
[ In Reply To ..]
others had received, I'm sure they would have crowded the boards. So, yes, it is tacky. I think a simple thank you for the generous holiday thought would have been more in line here. Whatever though, enjoy your 100 bucks LOL.
Some of us chose not to broadcast it.... - Quietone
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
You nailed it. "Thank-you" is fine; posting - the amount is tacky & boastful.
[ In Reply To ..]
(That is, if it even really happened at all.)

Grateful, not Boastful - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I find it very entertaining that with all the stuff that goes on on these boards that I would be accused of being tacky and boastful because I was grateful and felt that Synernet deserved the public acknowledgement (yes even with the amount) since no one holds back with specifics regarding all the complaints.

This is a forum where we openly discuss our rate of pay, incentive pay, benefits, etc., which is not the norm for most professions (in fact discussing pay is usually a valid reason for termination) so I don't feel that telling the amount was distasteful. I guarantee if someone had gotten "just" a card or a mouse pad or some other token, we would have definitely heard about it on here and there would have been lots of piling on about how awful it was. I think it is a bit hypocritical to call me tacky because I chose to show exactly how good they were to me as opposed to posting specific details about all the stuff they do wrong. Again, I believe that if you are going to post the negative stuff (with specifics) then you ought to be willing to post the positive!

There is not a lot to differentiate companies these days (pay rate) so if Synernet goes above and beyond in other ways to separate themselves, I'm happy to point it out. That's not boasting, that is providing feedback on this forum for others who maybe are looking for a company where the pay and general conditions won't be any different, but the perks sure do add up!

The sole intent of this post was to extend some appreciation (not to boast) to a company that has recently taken a lot of heat for things that I believe are going on at most companies in this industry and to show that the good with this company still outshines most of the others!

To the etiquette police, this must be a full-time job for you based on the content of most of the posts on this forum. Happy Holidays to you anyway!

Do you think the company expected or wanted you - to post the amt if not everyone

[ In Reply To ..]
received the same amount? Think about it, it was wrong no matter how you spin it.

Do you open Christmas gifts and thank each person acknowledging the amount they spent? I would hope not. You thank them for thinking of you.

In the case of your giftcard, a thank you for thinking of me would have sufficed if you wanted to give kudos publically.

Happy holidays to you too.

Hypocrite much? - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you think the company expects or wants people complaining IN DETAIL for every decision (or lack thereof)? Again, had it been a lesser gift and had been posted, there would have a been a whole lot of "how dare they!", "how insulting", blah, blah, blah. This wasn't a gift from a friend or family member, this was a gift from an employer and acknowledged on a forum where we routinely discuss personal/private details about our employers, pay, benefits, etc.

I get why you could have the opinion that you do, but with the extensive explanation I have given, it seems that you could acquiesce that discussing that bonus on this forum is not really so far out of what we discuss here day in and day out. If you can't see that, then I find it tacky that you just insist on "being right" rather than accepting the post in the spirit it was meant.

I'll be looking forward to your outrage on the next Synernet bashing post - I'm sure the company doesn't appreciate those either!
Braggart much? - (BTW - I dont believe you got $100.)
[ In Reply To ..]
They gave a $100 gift card last year -- no reason to disbelieve that. sm - Former Synernet MT
[ In Reply To ..]
And I agree in part with her statement that the company has received some well-deserved bashing, and it is only fair to point out those few times they do something nice. I would not have mentioned the amount, but perhaps that is just a difference in people. I have since left the company and it is the BEST thing I have done for me -- no gift card would make up for the daily crud you have to deal with there.
It is true - synernet mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same gift card, same amount, and have for the past few years and so have several of my friends. She's not lying. And no, it doesn't make up for low pay but it is appreciated.
It is most definitely true! - Same amount
[ In Reply To ..]
if you are a full-time employee. I believe that part-timers get half that, and if you are new, most likely you would not receive it until you have been with the company for a certain length of time. I personally do not see anything wrong with being grateful for the generous gift. It is Christmas afterall and it is a very nice thing for the company to do. If you didn't get one, stick around and yours will come next year. There has to be some sort of cut-off date for new hires, don't you think? I am grateful for any extras in this profession. The bashing doesn't make sense. If youare unhappy, do something to change your situation. We need some positivity here. Misery loves company, and I chose not to be a part of that group. Merry Christmas everyone! Be happy...life is too short.
Glare from your giftcard must be blinding. Nobody - mentioned company bashing.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Synernet gift card - carina
[ In Reply To ..]
A gift card, and certainly of that amount, is very nice and unusual in most all MT work today. It is a way of showing some appreciation, but on the other hand, when companies go to VR our salaries are going thousands and thousands of dollars lower and so they can certainly at that point afford a gift card, although some not only pay thousands less but you get no gift either. I am sure most all of us would rather our salaries remained what they once were with no gift card than to deal with what we are dealing with anymore, the menial and belittling pay, etc. with a gift card. It just doesn't make up for what we have lost.
Carina, I couldn't agree more... I'd much rather see a raise..... - Jaded SynMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I am appreciative of the card, but I would rather have merit raises, longevity bonuses, etc.....I'm sure the suits got a whole lot more than 100.00 bucks

Yall just beat all. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember a good while back when Medquist was going to give 1 MT a ski trip and they sent all their MTs chapstick in a Christmas card. Boy did they get bashed. If you'd stay off this board you might make some lines. I am fairly new to Synernet but I feel I am working for a real company now. P.S. Don't bother with the QA.

I bet you are the "awesome" poster aren't ya? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
lol

Must be or else there would not be a dislike! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Did it ever occur to you that maybe we aren't working right now? Since you are "new" - Been there too long

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe anyone said anything about not making their lines and most of us posting aren't working when we do.

glare from giftcard - sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
I keep my GC in my wallet so I am not distracted by the glare. :)

I didn't get a gift card. Oh well. - oldmtlady

[ In Reply To ..]
When I saw that some people had apparently got one, I double checked my Christmas card from them. Nope. Nada.

I also did not get a gift card from the hospital I worked for, for years in-house. A couple of those years, they did well enough to give me a ham. Some years they didn't.

I have worked for various companies over the years who, at different times, have gotten me something surprising for Christmas. Maybe chapstick. Maybe a little tote with a notepad inside. Maybe nothing.

Amazingly, I somehow survived this assault to my professionalism and did not let it affect my self-esteem or personal worth.

I can never control what a company is or isn't going to do. A great company might be bought out by a big national, and the entire culture might change in a month.

The only thing I can change is my own game. I can work smarter, teach myself strategies, and give myself a raise. I can get on the boards of the companies that design the software I'm working with and talk to MTs who are making good money - no matter where they work - and find out how to do that. And then keep my butt in the chair as long as possible and my attention focused on my work.

That strategy continues to keep me focused, paid well (yep, even at Synernet) and not letting "whatever they're doing today" affect my paycheck.

Some days suck. I won't lie. Sometimes it isn't the dictators. It's just me, and it's because I'm too old to be doing this, and I've got hot flashes and I'm sweating on my keyboard and I find myself distracted by how long it's going to be before I can switch my headphones for a glass of something mixed with vodka.

Pull yourself together, quit blaming the company for your woes, adjust your expectations to reality, put some lipstick on your face and get out of your pajamas, and resolve to never again give a flying you-know-what about whether or not they're going to send you something for Christmas.

You'll be happier, you'll be a better MT, and you'll make more money if you do.

If you are new, you would not have - received one this year

[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten one every year since being with the company.

Similar Messages:

No Christmas Bonus
Dec 20, 2011

It amazes me that we are getting no bonus gift card or anything for Christmas this year. We are owned by a "global corporation."  My son works for a large established country club golf course part-time, has been with them for 2 years and got a $100.00 bonus. ...

Since Christmas Is On A Saturday, Do Any Of You SoftScript Employees Know, Do We Get Holiday Pay Sm
Dec 24, 2010

on top of the weekend differential, or just the regular 1 cpl for weekend?  It would be nice to make $5 instead of $2 for the 2 reports that will probably come my way that day ..LOL ...

Wonder How Much Holiday Bonus...
Dec 16, 2013

The execs and those in the "office" will get this year?  I bet they don't send us even a greeting card since they didn't even acknowledge we workers actually exist.  ...

Holiday Bonus From Web/Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

While other people I know are receiving bonuses during this holiday season, I received yet another pay cut and unpaid vacations from my employer.  I now earn yet again significantly less and quite frankly can do better collecting unemployment.  And Jay has the audacity to sound all chipper and happy on his recording where he has yet again cut our pay.  I so hope he runs Nuance in the ground as he did Webmedx and oh yes Spheris....Thanks Jay....Hope you sleep well at night while I ...

Synernet Annual Bonus
Mar 13, 2014

With all the changes coming down the pike, I'm just wondering if the annual bonus has become extinct along with things like the 401K automatic 3% contribution.  I'm thinking it was about the first of March when they announced the annual bonus and this year not a peep.   If it was coming this year you would think they would announce it sooner than later; that would be a blip of positivity in the midst of all the current turmoil.  Maybe they figure a lot of people are ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

My Christmas Wish
Dec 16, 2009

I am actively looking for another job and my Christmas wish is the day I get to say                 MQ take this sorry excuse for a job and shove it                                    I QUIT ...

Christmas
Dec 21, 2009

All of these people on here complaining about whether or not they are getting a Christmas bonus need to get a grip!  I would be extremely happy if the company I work for (or did at least until Friday when I quit) would just send my freaking paycheck!  Sorry, you guys, this has really put a damper on my Christmas spirit because I have done the job, worked my fingers to the bone and now can't get paid for it. ...

Did Anyone Ask For Christmas Off Yet?
Nov 29, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone requested Christmas off yet? I tried to request it the other day and it wouldn't let me??? It kind of has me worried. ...

All I Want For Christmas . . .
Dec 18, 2014

Please let me go back to accounts I am familiar  with.  I can't get any lines with this junk.  Or, maybe that is the reasoning. ...

Did QC Get Off For Christmas?
Dec 29, 2014

I noticed that none of the jobs I submitted to last week are in FIESA yet.  Did QC get off last week?  I thought they followed the same OOW procedures the MLS do (if there's work and you are scheduled, you work, if there isn't any work, you flex or don't work). ...

Merry Christmas Everyone!! :)
Dec 21, 2009

have a great one!! Abby ...

My Christmas Gift
Dec 22, 2009

First, I hope those of you who need to hear this will.  I am not by any means saying what I am to hurt anyones feelings, to be mean, to start a ruckus, as a means of causing some to say hateful things, or to seem "better than."  This, however, is something that those of you looking for work and unable to find a position, need to hear. I recently had an opening for a transcriptionist for my very small buisness and recieved many, many resumes.  Some were wonderful and I wish I coul ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

In The Spirit Of Christmas
Dec 16, 2010

In the spirit of Christmas, I just want to post something positive here. I have had an up and down rollercoaster year with the Q (as usual), but still in spite of it all (worry, frustration, financial woes over pay cuts, and even tears at times), I truly feel grateful that I am employed and have a job in these terrible times when so many are without.  It is far from a perfect job, but it is a job nonetheless.  I hope that everyone has an even better year in 2011 & a ...

Christmas Gift From MQ?
Dec 23, 2010

I started in July and was wondering if they ever give us anything at Christmas.  Are you all laughing now? ...

Here's Your Christmas Carol, MT's
Dec 03, 2011

To the tune of 7 days of Christmas:   On the first day of Christmas my employer gave to me a glimpse of our future, MT’s.   Continue...On the second day of Christmas my employer gave to me, no holidays... and so on.... No incentive pay, No overtime, 80 percent VR...No raise in the future, Awful clumsy platform, No communication, No QA feedback, No tech support, Flexing is encouraged, Keep up your production!    Wanna know where I work, or do you work ther ...

Christmas At Webmedx
Dec 17, 2011

Does anyone know if Christmas is actually on Sunday at Webmedx this year (last year it was on Friday instead of Saturday so the office staff could get the holiday time off)? Will we be paid our holiday time for Christmas or does the 25% differential go into effect before then? My mind is confused with all of these different dates and not really having anything in writing to go by. ...

Mq Christmas Gift
Dec 21, 2011

Do any of you fellow MT's remember the Christmas gifts we used to get here at MQ?  Who can forget the lovely mouse pad, worth probably 5 cents.  Oh, but wait . . . don't forget the chapstick . . . what was it, on a chain, I believe?  How would they EVER be able to top THAT?  Guess that's why we won't be getting anything this year.  Too hard to come up with something bigger and better than THAT!  LOL  How I miss the days when this was&nb ...

Christmas Givt
Dec 21, 2012

Did anyone receive a Christmas gift from Transcend/Nuance this year. ...

No Christmas Card
Dec 23, 2012

I just realized this is the first year with no Christmas card or gift card from our employer since Nuance took over.  After all these changes, I would think we deserved something other than a decrease in pay. ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Dec 25, 2012

My Christmas wish for all of us is that we find great companies to work for and definitely make more money. (I believe in the tooth fairy and Easter bunny too!). Happy and healthy holidays to everyone. ...

Christmas In October!!!
Sep 11, 2013

Don't they usually wait until right before the holidays to give us our annual pay cut?  I guess they felt we deserved it early this year. ...

It Is 2 Weeks Until Christmas
Dec 11, 2013

They surely can't blame the lack of work on Christmas yet, can they? ...

Merry Christmas To ME!
Dec 21, 2013

Bwahahaha! I am finally rid of this craphole! Quit right in the middle of my shift 2 nights ago, and I have to tell you.....I feel fabulous. Got the call from my supervisor today saying she would hold off putting my paperwork in on the chance that it was a split second decision and I'm rethinking it now plus the good old "no notice, no rehire" diddy they throw out.  My response: No offense to you in what I say, because you have been a really good supervisor.  It may have been a ...

No Mention Of Christmas
Dec 23, 2013

How cheap can a company be to not send their employees even a Christmas card or a FREE e-mail card for Christmas.  This company is so heartless!!! ...

Merry Christmas -- NJA
Dec 24, 2013

Scheduled to work today and NJA.  No surprise as it happens every year.  Hoping some work trickles in today.  I don't want to sit here all day as well as all you other MT/ME's.  I have tomorrow off and then back on Thursday and Friday with probably no work either.  This paycheck is going to hurt.  Hoping for a sock full of money from Santa.  Ha. Ha.  Hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy your time with your family/famili ...