A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Christmas in October!!! - L&L

Posted: Sep 11, 2013

Don't they usually wait until right before the holidays to give us our annual pay cut? 

I guess they felt we deserved it early this year.

lmao - whatsthepoint

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to say they are cutting their own throats, but I don't think they care if they lose us experienced MTS who consistently surpass their quality standards, catch all the doctors errors, put up will all the shitty connections, and show up for work every night.

What happens in October? - Gone-zo

[ In Reply To ..]
I was term'd last month. I am moving on but still have fellow MTs still there (I think). Now what are they up to? How could they possibly do more than they already have to sink morale? Ok, that is a silly question after being there 18 plus years...my heart goes out to all still dealing with this.

mmodal aka walmart - whatsthepoint

[ In Reply To ..]
we should be able to work full time and get food stamps and medicaid now. woohoo.

Walmart is actually much better! - JustSaying

[ In Reply To ..]
x

FYI - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
For FT employees, all will have 120 hours PTO per year (reducing from 18 days to 15 days) and the time for the shift differential is being reduced from 9pm-5am to 10pm-4am (-2 hours). THEY ARE SO CHEAP!!!! I can hardly wait until it is my turn to be fired.

PT employees are getting it up the you know what too.

Term'd after 18 years? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Gon-Zo

Did I read your post correctly? You were term'd after 18 years? Or did you quit? If they term'd you, then what reason did they give?

Similar Messages:

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

Pay Day October 9th For Transcend?
Oct 05, 2012

I work for Transcend and we are scheduled to be paid October 9th, but Monday, October 8th is Columbus Day and a federal holiday which means banks are closed.  So will this push pay day up to Wednesday the 10th?  I haven't worked here very long and wanted to know.  Just wonder if the holiday would effect the pay date?   ...

Big News In October??
Jun 23, 2014

I hadn't heard much about this, but with all the problems they are having hiring and training, offering bonuses to sign on, etc.  maybe (I might be dreaming) the changes will be for once to our benefit.  Plan on sticking it out to see for sure.  Call me a fool or an optimist --we will see which in October. ...

October Fiesa/QA Changes??
Sep 15, 2014

Really tempted to move on to another company, but Nuance has bought up the last 2 I tried that on.   Now kind of curious to stay and see if any any changes the changes they hinted at for October will be good. ...

October News
Sep 24, 2014

Does anybody have a clue what's coming down next week?  Got a strange email (don't want to post what was said to give myself away) not from my TL but from her boss (which I have never gotten anything from her before) referring to my production, etc.  and alluding to things changing next month.  ...

October Announcement
Sep 26, 2014

I am no my shift right now......a lot of strange things lately.  I canno get ANYONE to answer an e-mail.  My boss decided to go on "vacation" for 2 weeks and will not be back until middle of October?  FIESA?  I haven't received anything from them in weeks!!   ...

October Post
Nov 06, 2014

I read/responded to an October post, and can't find it.  Down at the bottom of the main board are places to click for previous months, but not October, and the page only goes so far.  I cannot find anything to click for next page.  Is that stupid, or what?  Thanks ...

The Big News In October, I Have A Guess
Jun 20, 2014

Remember an earlier poster said they had heard that supposedly there was going to be "big news" in October or some such that would help MTs make better production or more money somehow? Some folks were leery, hypothesizing that any change at Nuance usually means bad news for MTs.  This came to me in the middle of the night last night so it is likely off the wall. But, I think everyone will be required to clock in and out each time they leave the keyboard for any reason. In other words, no ...

Graduating October 30, 2012 Looking For Work
Oct 02, 2012

I will be finished with school at the end of this month. Does anyone hire recent grads? How can I get into the field if everyone wants to hire only those with experience? I could use some help on this. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thank you, ***** ...

Has Anyone Received Q4 Bonus This October 31st?
Nov 02, 2013

Has anyone received the promised Q4 bonus for those who qualified (I think October 31st is the date I read on an old email). I was wondering because last quarter I did receive a little bonus and my stats have not really changed much for this quarter but I haven't received any email or any news if the bonus has been paid for this quarter.   Thanks. ...

Article In October's Issue Of Reader's Digest....
Sep 24, 2010

Reader's Digest, October issue, has an article based on physicians, nurses and pharmacists sharing their mistakes which caused fatal incidences.  It could be a good time to write in a response on what is happening with the medical records too.  You know, the errors made with voice recognition, lousy dictation either because of doctors, equipment or environment, and the fact that we are required to have 98% accuracy in transcribing reports, not to mention the off shoring.... ...

Hudred Pack Years (period) Quit October 2006
May 29, 2012

if dictated as: SOCIAL HISTORY: hudred pack years (period) quit October 2006  what should be the correct way of transcribing it? is it.... SOCILA HISTORY: A hundred pack years, quit October 2006. A 100-pack-years, quit October 2006. 100-pack-year. Quit October 2006. ...

My Christmas Wish
Dec 16, 2009

I am actively looking for another job and my Christmas wish is the day I get to say                 MQ take this sorry excuse for a job and shove it                                    I QUIT ...

Christmas
Dec 21, 2009

All of these people on here complaining about whether or not they are getting a Christmas bonus need to get a grip!  I would be extremely happy if the company I work for (or did at least until Friday when I quit) would just send my freaking paycheck!  Sorry, you guys, this has really put a damper on my Christmas spirit because I have done the job, worked my fingers to the bone and now can't get paid for it. ...

Did Anyone Ask For Christmas Off Yet?
Nov 29, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone requested Christmas off yet? I tried to request it the other day and it wouldn't let me??? It kind of has me worried. ...

All I Want For Christmas . . .
Dec 18, 2014

Please let me go back to accounts I am familiar  with.  I can't get any lines with this junk.  Or, maybe that is the reasoning. ...

Did QC Get Off For Christmas?
Dec 29, 2014

I noticed that none of the jobs I submitted to last week are in FIESA yet.  Did QC get off last week?  I thought they followed the same OOW procedures the MLS do (if there's work and you are scheduled, you work, if there isn't any work, you flex or don't work). ...

Merry Christmas Everyone!! :)
Dec 21, 2009

have a great one!! Abby ...

My Christmas Gift
Dec 22, 2009

First, I hope those of you who need to hear this will.  I am not by any means saying what I am to hurt anyones feelings, to be mean, to start a ruckus, as a means of causing some to say hateful things, or to seem "better than."  This, however, is something that those of you looking for work and unable to find a position, need to hear. I recently had an opening for a transcriptionist for my very small buisness and recieved many, many resumes.  Some were wonderful and I wish I coul ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Has Anyone Gotten Approval For Christmas PTO?
Nov 19, 2010

Of all the MQ employees here scheduled to work on Saturdays, has anyone been approved to have off Christmas Day?  I put in my request exactly 60 days ahead of time (since we can't do it before that) and have yet to hear anything.  My CCM, who is pretty good about responding to e-mails, has not responded to me when I questioned whether I've been approved. So, my question is, has ANYONE gotten the OK to take off Christmas?     ...

In The Spirit Of Christmas
Dec 16, 2010

In the spirit of Christmas, I just want to post something positive here. I have had an up and down rollercoaster year with the Q (as usual), but still in spite of it all (worry, frustration, financial woes over pay cuts, and even tears at times), I truly feel grateful that I am employed and have a job in these terrible times when so many are without.  It is far from a perfect job, but it is a job nonetheless.  I hope that everyone has an even better year in 2011 & a ...

Christmas Gift From MQ?
Dec 23, 2010

I started in July and was wondering if they ever give us anything at Christmas.  Are you all laughing now? ...

Here's Your Christmas Carol, MT's
Dec 03, 2011

To the tune of 7 days of Christmas:   On the first day of Christmas my employer gave to me a glimpse of our future, MT’s.   Continue...On the second day of Christmas my employer gave to me, no holidays... and so on.... No incentive pay, No overtime, 80 percent VR...No raise in the future, Awful clumsy platform, No communication, No QA feedback, No tech support, Flexing is encouraged, Keep up your production!    Wanna know where I work, or do you work ther ...

Christmas At Webmedx
Dec 17, 2011

Does anyone know if Christmas is actually on Sunday at Webmedx this year (last year it was on Friday instead of Saturday so the office staff could get the holiday time off)? Will we be paid our holiday time for Christmas or does the 25% differential go into effect before then? My mind is confused with all of these different dates and not really having anything in writing to go by. ...

No Christmas Bonus
Dec 20, 2011

It amazes me that we are getting no bonus gift card or anything for Christmas this year. We are owned by a "global corporation."  My son works for a large established country club golf course part-time, has been with them for 2 years and got a $100.00 bonus. ...

Mq Christmas Gift
Dec 21, 2011

Do any of you fellow MT's remember the Christmas gifts we used to get here at MQ?  Who can forget the lovely mouse pad, worth probably 5 cents.  Oh, but wait . . . don't forget the chapstick . . . what was it, on a chain, I believe?  How would they EVER be able to top THAT?  Guess that's why we won't be getting anything this year.  Too hard to come up with something bigger and better than THAT!  LOL  How I miss the days when this was&nb ...

Christmas Givt
Dec 21, 2012

Did anyone receive a Christmas gift from Transcend/Nuance this year. ...

No Christmas Card
Dec 23, 2012

I just realized this is the first year with no Christmas card or gift card from our employer since Nuance took over.  After all these changes, I would think we deserved something other than a decrease in pay. ...