A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript Company - Ginia

Posted: Jan 17, 2013

Hello! I would like to know some pros and cons of a company that I have an interview with tomorrow.  They are called Softscript.  The only reviews I see on here are from 2010.  One is good and one is bad.  Anyone currently working with them? 

Go to Company Board - see link to left on page

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't work there, but there has been lots of discussion about them on Company Board, some in past 2 weeks.

Isn't that the board we are on? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I currently work there. sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
Before I say anything else, let me preface it by saying that no one company is going to be a good fit for every MT. Happiness and success at a company depends on many things, including skill level, personality issues, and ability to tolerate this kind of isolative working environment.

With that said, I will say that, overall, I have been pleased with SoftScript since I have been there. Pay is average but always on time and sometimes a day early. Insurance benefits are for full-time only, and they are fair to good based on the current market today. I have had great supervisors who have been good to allow me a little flexibility as I am caring for my mother with Alzheimer's and raising a son. They do not inundate me with emails and leave me alone to do my job. All in all, I am happy at SoftScript, but remember, your mileage may vary.

And one final disclaimer: No, I am not in management. LOL

Are you using the Search link up above, next to Archives? - I get a lot more than 2 hits

[ In Reply To ..]
Just put in 'softscript,' no other words.

Softscipt - Ginia

[ In Reply To ..]
I was able to find some updated info. on them now. Thanks for your help. :)

Love your misspelling of Softscript - Tin Ear

[ In Reply To ..]
Soft-Skipped. Yes, they skipped out from our industry's low wages right to the bank laughing.

Softscript - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Pros: No offshoring; pay is on time; no VR; pay is okay for what some are offering right now (8.5 cpl and 9.5 on weekends). You have a mentor for the first month or so who you can call or email with questions you may have. They have a good database of difficult dictators' dictations.

Cons: Some of the supervisors are great, some are not. Some send out harassing and threatening emails every day. You have to email them if you run out of work so they can continue to add on accounts, a lot with ridiculous account specs, which they are lunatics about following to the letter. The work comes in from different accounts randomly, so you can be back and forth between many accounts at once, hard to get in any kind of groove. If there is a lot of work outside your normal work shift, you are expected to "jump on." Their Word-based software is as old and outdated as it gets, all mouse-driven and cumbersome. The PTO is probably the worst in the industry (you have to work there 2 years full-time to get a week of PTO, and this includes sick days).

Good luck. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Better than Most - medicaltranscriptionist295

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually came back to them to work after being with both of the top MTSOs and make more here. I was put in a pool of 40 with one of the top 2 and am rather pleased to have 5 at this time and rarely run out of work, and QA seems more consistent the the other top MTSO. I am extremely happy to be back and be a little flexible with my time to make as close to a decent living as I can at this time being a single mom of one. I would say give it a shot.

Similar Messages:

Anything About The Company SoftScript?
Sep 17, 2011

Does anyone know anything about the company SoftScript? ...

Softscript WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY
Oct 14, 2010

Softscript--What a Confused Company  http://www.softscript.com/ AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! What a bunch of really unorganized and mismanaged people there. The owner and HR offered me a job (in writing) then called me and rescinded it even before they got my overnight package. This all happened after stringing me along for a month. Buyer beware. ...

Softscript - Demotions And Promotions At The Company
Jul 05, 2011

demotions and promotions at the company. The story is... ...

SOFTSCRIPT IS A BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY!
Feb 07, 2015

Hey SoftScript employee below trying to defend company, I am writing in all caps too, but I did not post anything prior.  SOFTSCRIPT DOES USE A BAIT AND SWITCH TECHNIQUE.  THIS HAPPENED TO ME!  Want proof?  I worked for .  The recruiter is .  I never even was trained for the position I was hired for, but a week into working for SS, I was contacted by HR stating, "You are not the right fit."  I stayed on for a month, until a position with another company came al ...

SoftScript Current Employee Info About Company
Feb 23, 2014

Have read lots of negatives. My basic question is about whether there is enough work available and what the benefits are like especially health insurance. Am just really looking for some accurate current info. Thanks. ...

Nuance Testing Compared To Other Company Tests, Ie Softscript.
Mar 21, 2012

I have taken so many tests lately with probably dozens of companies.  I am wondering how you feel about Nuance tests and if it is harder or easier than the other companies.  I personally thought Softscript test was kind of hard, compared with Nuance.  Some of the transcription audio files were a little hard with mumbling and fast talking dictators, but really not bad when compared to others.   Hopefully I might be hired with Nuance, so no more testing, I hope.  I ha ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...

Softscript.
Jun 26, 2012

I have noticed a significant decline in my line count with Softscript ever since their blooper that happened on MT week.  I dont really understand how that has affected my line count so much but I used to type 23 jobs and get about 1000 lines.  Now I type 23 jobs on the same accounts and get 700 lines.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I am looking for another job, I just feel like I'm wasting my time. ...

What's With SoftScript?
Aug 16, 2012

I noticed that every now and then that SoftScript advertises on the MT Job board for a pathology transcriptionist.  I tried applying for that job once, but they said that they wanted "recent" experience and the last time I did pathology was in 2001.  And yet, they keep advertising for that position.  What's up with them?  Can't they hold on to any help?  On the surface, it looks like they have a high turn-over rate with that position.  Am I missing somethi ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SOFTSCRIPT?
Aug 25, 2012

Does anyone know about SoftScript? Are they good to work for? ...