A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

response to resumes - T

Posted: Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!!

would it really make you feel better... - momofjacks

[ In Reply To ..]
to hear back from a company only to have them tell you the position has already been filled, and not that they'll tell you this part, but more than likely by someone less qualified? The sad reality is that any decent job is hard to come by these days, not just MT, and there's a lot of competition. Sometimes getting the call back or the response to a resume or application is just dumb luck.

The only response you need to get is the one saying they - want to talk to you. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You must have a pretty cushie life is this is high on your list of grievances.

That was rude. I find this annoying, too. - Sam

[ In Reply To ..]
It is very annoying and aggravating to apply to companies, knowing you have tons of experience, and get no replies. Cushie life? No, she may want a job to feed her family.

replies - annoyed MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This topic is brought up over and over again. Have you looked at some of the job listings? Some of them have hundreds of views. If they had to take the time to reply to every single resume they get, they wouldn't be getting their work done. It is completely ridiculous to think that you deserve a response back. If you go apply to Wal-Mart or McDonald's or anywhere for that matter, do those employers send you a letter or give you a phone call? I don't know why MT's think they deserve to have some sort of special treatment in regards to getting a response from companies when no one else does it.
It is simple enough for a company to generate an - auto response
[ In Reply To ..]
Saying something along the lines of - we have received your resume and will contact you if we wish to speak with you further. If you do not hear from us, we are not interested. Please do not call or apply again.

This can be set up to pop back to the sender as soon as their resume hits the inbox.

It is just lazy or don't-give-a-crap on the part of the company not to do this.

I have just turned down 4 positions - serious as a heart attack! - GoodMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I recieve some type of reply from at least half of the companies that I have applied to in the past 5 years. I have gone through several different companies - cut my losses on several - jobs went offshore on a few - and found better hours/pay on others. I have never had any problem finding work from job postings on THIS site. I have read and re-read my resume, updated it when needed, left out useless information, made sure they knew who I was, that I love what I do, and was just straight forward. I was part of the hiring process for another company and let me tell you, the resumes that came through were awful! It wasn't the experience, etc., etc., but the resume itself that was bad. Have someone else in the buisness read it over, maybe another MT on here. If you're really good at what you do, there should be no reason not to let another gal QA you. Hope this helps.

and I have a total of almost 20 years experience (nm) - GoodMT

[ In Reply To ..]
as

Why? - olderMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
25 years of experience is not going to open a door just for that reason. Does your resume speak for itself BESIDES that 25 years?

They contact who they're interested in. I've not had an issue getting responses, tho.

you do realize ALL jobs do this, even McDonalds...since bgeginning of time. - good to get a grip, not angry.

[ In Reply To ..]

May Have Found Way Around This - mtanon

[ In Reply To ..]
Last fall I lost some local MT work so started sending resumes to job postings here and elsewhere. Tauted my 15 years experience, blah, blah. Got nothing for months. Couldn't figure out why! Then I rewrote the resume and stopped focusing on the 15 years stuff. Just listed qualifications and especially if skill applied to job posting specialty if any. Finally then started getting some hit and miss replies replies for interviews (some still come in even now). Makes me wonder if the "years of experience" claims equate to recruiters as aging MTs (sorry, but probably true) and expensive to hire. I believe they want warm bodies that don't ask too many questions, take what's offered, and just sit and numbly type the probably horrible ESL dictations. I gratefully got back some local work again and ultimately didn't have to hook up with any of the large services I could have when resume got some responses. A few years ago had to look for extra work and was able to get responses within hours sometimes. It's just a different world. I believe most of us would agree though that it's just not you!

Review your resume - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Part of the problem is that employers are overwhelmed with resumes and don't have to give applicants the courtesy of a response (which I personally think they should do anyway). The other part of the problem COULD be your resume - you should have it reviewed by someone who knows how a resume should be put together. Lots of time people throw so much stuff in their resume that the relevant parts get lost, and employers don't have the time to wade through all that. Just as important as your 25 years of experience is being able to highlight it in a way that makes sense to employers, otherwise you never get the chance to show them what you can do.

overwhelming responses - Transcriptionist/Business Owner

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I own my own transcription company. It is probably because they get an overwhelming response. I normally get 100 resumes within a few minutes. They probably found someone already and didn't have time to delete their job ad. Try to respond to over 1,000 resumes a day just to acknowledge everyone and on top of that manage your companies day to day business and deal with all the clients you may have. It's not easy.

Similar Messages:

Re: No Response To Job Applications, Resumes Sent:
Feb 24, 2010

I've sent out a few resumes over the past year in hopes of landing a different MT job than the one I have now.  Only ONE place (a hospital I would dearly love to work for!) even acknowledged my application.  The others?  NOTHING.  Even though they continued to run ads for the same job I had applied for.  I never even got to test for any of them. So.... fast forward a few months (or years).  Suppose one of these no-response companies kept my resume and out ...

IC And Resumes
May 05, 2012

I am sure this has been brought up before but I found nothing recently in archives. If you are considered an IC (a true IC) and you are asked to submit a resume when trying to get a position - do you list the companies you transcribed for on your resume or do you set it up as if you were self employed? I guess what I am asking is since being an IC means you technically did not work for that company (you worked for yourself) do you still list the companies you were transcribing for? ...

Resumes
Oct 08, 2014

Just curious.  With over 9000 resumes posted, has anyone gotten a response because their resume is in the bank?  It seems unlikely that once you're name is off the main page, someone looking to fill a position will not look much further than that.    ...

To Those Who Have Sent Out Resumes
Dec 13, 2014

Looking for a consensus of opinion here... When sending off your resume, do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I have the same question regarding the cover letter. Do you include your home address, or will just your name, phone number and email suffice? I feel kind of nervous about sending ALL that information, but I really don't know the standard anymore. It's been a looooong time since I've had a resume. TYIA. ...

Jobs/resumes
Sep 16, 2010

Just wondering how many MTs have posted on the job seeker's board and heard back from any of the companies you have applied for?  I have 25+ years experience so I'm hoping that is not the problem.  I have sent numerous resumes, but have yet to hear back from any of them.  ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

To BusyMT Below - Re Resumes - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

I heartily disagree with what you wrote.  I used to receive responses to my resume immediately if not sooner upon applying.  No more.  I often applied, like you, just to see what responses I'd get.  Never, before or now, would anyone negotiate.  It was what it was and if you dared to ask if they had a higher rate, they acted offended.  My resume is impeccable, straightforward, easy to read, 1 page, pertinent information right there for all to see.  I have ...

How Many Resumes Have You Sent This Week?
May 19, 2011

I have sent out 9 resumes this week and have not heard back from one of them yet.  I sent 5 last week and have not heard from them either.  I need to be working.  I cannot sit in front of my email waiting day in and day out for someone to send me a test, tell me they filled the position, or that they want to hire me.  Why can't the MT companies just send us an email telling us one way or the other that they want us or don't want us.  Its really frustrating.&nbs ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Resumes - Experience
Feb 11, 2012

Just wondering if anyone exaggerates their experience on their resume or put specialties that maybe you don't know as well as you say you do. It's a cut-throat market out there and with the difficulty getting a job, just curious if you are tempted to fudge the truth on resumes? ...

Resumes, Job Requirements, Etc
Feb 21, 2012

From a Forbes magazine article:   The only three true job interview questions are: 1.  Can you do the job? 2.  Will you love the job? 3.  Can we tolerate working with you? That’s it.  Those three.  Think back, every question you’ve ever posed to others or had asked of you in a job interview is a subset of a deeper in-depth follow-up to one of these 3 key questions.  Each question potentially may be asked using different words, but every ...

Submitting Resumes
Jun 17, 2015

Is there more to finding a job these days than just submitting a resume amongst hundreds and HOPING for a reply?  I feel like it is getting harder and harder to get a job.  Getting discouraged!  Anyone else feel the same?  Ideas?   ...

Resumes From An MTSO Perspective?
Sep 02, 2011

I know MTSOs are inundated with resumes, so what catches your eye and what turns you off?  Do you really want to know all the places I have worked?  Or would you rather have a brief resume stating only my years of experience, field of experience, etc.?  What I am best at, etc.  Would appreciate a recruiter's input.  ...

Two Questions Re Precyse And Resumes / Sm
Jun 04, 2012

Any current info or opinions about Precyse from anyone who works for them now or has recently - how is pay,QA, platform, flexibility, work available, etc?  I've read the archives but looking for recent info.  What attracted me to them is that they provide equipment which would be a plus for me, but are there negatives that would outweigh this? Also, has anyone ever had any luck sending out resumes cold - not in response to job posting, just sending to a company?  There ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

2 More Ads At Other Job Site With Resumes Going To Yahoo Email Addys.
May 24, 2014

ridiculous pay rate of $1.30 per line. Just beware that is you respond to these ads, there is a good chance they are a scam. Check MTStars archives for postings on these scam ads. ...

Can't Seem To Get A Response
Apr 01, 2010

I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as I am.  I have almost 10 years experience as an MT, both acute care and clinic, and I have been sending my resume to many of the job postings on this board.  I think I have received two replies out of probably 20 resumes sent.  Is this pretty much the way it is for others, or do I need to tweak my resume?  Thanks! ...

This Is A Response I Sent To An For A RAD IC
May 18, 2010

"You might want to consider re-wording your job posting and re-think your position as you can find yourself in serious trouble with the IRS regarding requiring an independent contractor to work a set schedule.  You are wanting an employee, not an independent contractor, if that contractor has to work a set schedule and 'has to work over.'  The IRS will come down pretty hard on you...especially if someone sends them a copy of your job posting.  So you understand ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get A Response From DIT?
Nov 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to get a response from DIT?  Please let me know because I certainly have not.  This place is the worst.  What is really terrible is that continue to keep hiring new MTs and promise them that everything is now okay.  They are just a bunch of people not telling the truth. ...

Response To Ads
Sep 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if they ever get a response when applying for positions?  I never seem to hear back from any of them.   ...

Response To
Mar 19, 2015

Just thought you all would like to read this response to a resume I recently sent out.... and what would your feelings be concerning what you read? Hello, Thank you for your interest in providing Transcription services for our company. I have received your resume. I have put some information in the body of the email as well as attached our templates and sample reports so you can see what the reports look like. I would like to mention to you a few things so you can make an info ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting A Response
Feb 05, 2010

I sent to emails and two voice mails, one marked urgent-no response.  Anyone have this issue? ...

Prompt Response
Jun 27, 2010

Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to what a "prompt" response should be for a resume that was sent out? I do not like waiting weeks or months to get a response. ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

Autotrophic Response?
Jan 06, 2011

"An exercise stress test was performed and she was able to exercise for approximately 8 minutes, utilizing a brief protocol, to a maximum heart rate of 156 per minute.  It was an appropriate (s/l anatropic or maybe autotrophic) response."  I am unsure what word he is dictating here. ...

Allergic Response
Apr 02, 2011

Ibuprofen gives the patient s/l tranaphylaxis. Thanks in advance. ...

How Long Does It Take For A Response From Someone Here
Nov 17, 2011

about wage disputes?  I emailed two days ago about a payment I was supposed to receive the 15th (and still have not), and have not heard about any kind of resolution or anything and of course no pay still and no check in the mail. ...

LDMTS - No Response
Oct 29, 2012

I have sent my resume to Ldmts after checking their job posting but no response. Is there anyone with similar experience? ...