A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nothing about OTI lately. Did they sell? Did everyone quit?! OR... - previous OTIer

Posted: Mar 16, 2013

Or is there finally some work?

Hanging on barely. Don't hear much from the sisters anymore. nm - Makes me wonder

[ In Reply To ..]

I am still low on work, out of work often, management very quiet - OTI MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess about the only good news is that I haven't seen any poison pen notes from the Queen of Nasty lately.

I couldn't survive this slow period at OTI any longer and just keep hoping that my work would pick up again. It's just been too long, so I picked up work elsewhere and at least now, I can pay my bills without going into debt.

If you work on the T account, you received a lovely missive from nm - The Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Yes - Patches

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are reading the boards, I would like them to know that I ALWAYS look at the samples. However, that particular dictator talks soooo fast that sometimes I have no clue what phrase he said. Just because there's a sample and that MIGHT be what he said, doesn't make it so. I am not going to guess.
You're right. I cringe when I get him. He buzzes through the physical sm - not an H fan
[ In Reply To ..]
and even with the sample, I couldn't swear that is what he said. She just probably has a bee up her bonnet, thinking she is living in the "land of a million blanks" as she called it once. But then, of course, if you guess, you'd be just another idiot MT she has to deal with as well. Poor woman. Must be a burden to be the only perfect MT in such a horribly imperfect MT world.

Weekends are okay, but weekdays the work is mostly NJA. nm - not good

[ In Reply To ..]
nja

Similar Messages:

Which Company Do You Think Will Sell Or Buy Another Next? S M
Mar 06, 2011

I'm just curious what everyone thinks.  If you had asked last year, I would never have guessed MDI-MD or DTS would sell to Transcend, Spheris would go bankrupt and be bought by MQ or Transcend and Zylomed would both sell to a Canadian company.  Oh, I forgot OSI being bought by Nuance.  Who's left?  Keystrokes?  Webmedx?  Precyse?  Softscript?  Futurenet? Does anyone know who the biggest services are now?  Here's what I know: 1.  ...

Goodbye DTS...sorry To See You Sell Out.
Jun 30, 2011

I dread this change to Transcend and doubt very highly it will work out at all for me. Good luck to all the MTs. ...

Did All Type Really Sell To MQ?
Aug 24, 2011

I never thought I would see this.  How many companies are going to be here in a year? I know that MQ has bought at least 3 this year, Nuance has bought at least 4, Transcend has bought at least 4, Accentus bought 2 and Keystrokes bought 3 or 4.  Any I'm missing?  Are they all going to buy all the smaller companies or will they start merging with each other.  What's next?  Inquiring minds want to know! ...

How Do They Sell These VR Programs??
Dec 18, 2013

I'm assuming the software vendors talk the clients into how much they'll save by paying editors to fix this crap.  There is no way someone would buy into this software if they knew what it really looked like in draft form...omg.  It would not surprise me if the software vendor slipped a few Benjamins under the table to a willing doc at the facility and had him "train" the software before the presentation to the client.  The doc goes in, reads from a script, and near perf ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Do Not Sell Yourselves Short!! There Is A World Without VR.
Nov 29, 2012

So many of us have been "gobbled" up by Nuance in the last few years. So many of us are transcriptionists with specialized, honed skills, and those skills are valuable. Do not be deceived by a company who devalues your worth and causes self-doubt and continues to tout itself as the leader in the industry. I believe there are many facilities, doctors, clinics, etc, who do not want their work run through a computer to be deciphered. It may be time-consuming and seem like a fruitful task, but if yo ...

Still Think OTI Isn't Going To Sell Out? Not After Some Of The Recent Events.
Feb 05, 2013

d ...

Where To Sell Transcription Books?
Nov 19, 2013

Hi all, I recently left Andrews School, I wasn't able to succeed in the course.  I have the books and materials still from the course. What's the best way to go about selling it? Should I use ebay? Or would it be better to find a bookstore locally that buys them? How would I go about finding that? Any help is appreciated thanks,   - Ave ...

Does Nuance Have Any VA Contracts Or Do They Just Sell Them
Nov 13, 2014

IF they have any contracts, we will be due the new federal minimum wage of 10.10 per hour when that goes into effect. Sadly, I think it is more likely that Nuance will shuck those contracts, if they have them, to avoid this. Anyone know anything about Nuance and VA contracts?   ...

CPC Certification Study Guide - Anyone Want To Sell One To Me?
Jul 17, 2013

I would like to buy a copy of this book if anyone could sell me one for a good price?  I can pay through your paypal account.  I have seen some on Amazon but they are expensive and I am hoping to find a better deal.  I don't care what kind of condition it is in, written in, whatever. Thanks :) CPC Certification Study Guide (Paperback) by American Academy of Professional Coders (Author), et al.  ...

Latest Hospital To Sell Out To Nuance
Nov 07, 2014

I am one of 20 acute care hospital transcriptionists who have just lost our jobs to Nuance.  Boy did they do a sales job on our hospital.  Our hospital refused to give us severance pay using the excuse that they were giving us as "a gift" the opportunity to work with Nuance and that in itself canceled out the severance pay.  Hah!  Most of us have been working for this hospital for 20+ years.  We lost it all -- job, health ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Right Middle Lobe Infiltrate With Some Moderately Malodorous S/l "ax Or Ex-sell-ation",
Aug 04, 2011

might need to rule out foreign body.  ...

Seriously, Is TT Trying To Get Everyone To Quit?
Jan 26, 2010

Not only can I not get up to speed flip flopping back and forth between traditional work and VR each and every report, not only did they cut my pay for this not so great new platform, not only can I not change accounts because there is no work on anything but my account, not only has production incentive gotten completely out of my reach, and not only is this year's insurance not actually what I signed up for, but now the latest? Seriously WHAT IS UP?  I can&# ...

BOO HOO -- Can I Quit?
Feb 01, 2010

This is the first time I am transcribing an intubation procedure.  The doctor keeps stating that he used an instrument "Glide slope."  I can only find a GlideScope.  Is he mispronouncing the name of this instrument, or is there a Glide Slope? ...

Anyone Who Has Quit MQ
Mar 15, 2010

Just curious how long it took to get your 401K. I'm thinking about quitting, taking the penalty for cashing in the 401K and living on the rest while I look for a new job. Probably not the best strategy, but this FTR thing is really making me crazy. TIA ...

Want To Quit
Apr 07, 2010

How much notice should I give? ...

Everyone Quit!!
Apr 14, 2010

I am so serious.  Everyone needs to quit transcribing for a while.  We need to get this industry back to where we could actually make a decent living.  I am making less money now than I did 15 years ago.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  As long as we keep agreeing to all the junk that these transcription companies keep throwing at us, it will only continue to go downhill.  I really think I could make as much money at McDonald's than I am now.  Something ...

What Happens To PTO If You Quit?
Jun 01, 2010

I am thinking about starting to look around for another job and was wondering if I need to use up my PTO before I quit or will it be paid out?  If I have PTO saved up and put in my notice will they find a way not to give it to me?  Thanks! ...

QUIT MQ
Jun 15, 2010

Does anyone know about how many people have quit MQ in the past 6 months or so?  It seems that things are going from bad to worse recently.   ...

Quit Job?
Jul 14, 2010

I am thinking about quiting my job at the hospital to try and work from home, but after reading some of the postings here i am wondering if that is such a good idea. Is there really a shortage of work out there? Do i dare take the chance?   jkl ...

Can You Get TAA If You Quit?
Jul 15, 2010

This job has become so impossible to make any money.  I am below min wage on SR, and now they are sending off a bunch of our accounts to Global.  I technically still have work and have not been laid off.  Is TAA possible if the company still has work for us to do?  Can part-time workers get this too or only full-timers?  Many thanks to anyone who answers this.  I did read some of the DOL website but could not find this info.  ...

Does MQ Pay Your PTO If You Quit?
Aug 13, 2010

Does anyone know if MQ is good about paying you for accumulated PTO if you quit or do you have to fight them for it? ...

About To Quit
Jan 05, 2011

I am about to quit MQ due to a health condition and was unable to find in MQCentral the Resignation policy anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find it.   Thanks ...

MQ WANTS US TO QUIT
Jul 12, 2011

CBAY would prefer to outsource all of the work to India where they can get it done for much cheaper.  To top it off, we do QA for them thus training them to take our jobs!  I'm outta there! ...

I HAVE HAD IT AND I ALSO QUIT
Aug 17, 2011

The pay cut hit me hard last PP and now, this is the third day in a row that not even an hour into my shift I'm out of work.  I don't have any PTO to fall back on and the NJA rate is just as bad...  I went to a friend and practically begged for a job until I find something else.  I'll be cashiering and doing store clerk duties for a little more than 10 bucks an hour.  I feel silly, because he usually hires high school kids and kids in their 20s, you know a ...

Has Anyone Quit...
Aug 27, 2011

and gotten paid for your remaining PTO?  Just curious before I attempt to jump into something different.  Totally willing to work out a 2-week notice. ...

I QUIT!!
Sep 25, 2011

After 3 years of training, a paid internship and finally work as an MT I QUIT! What other profession has so many requirements with so little pay? No longer starry-eyed about this "fun, interesting work." I QUIT!! Maple Grandma   ...