A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where to sell transcription books? - Ave

Posted: Nov 19, 2013

Hi all,

I recently left Andrews School, I wasn't able to succeed in the course. 

I have the books and materials still from the course. What's the best way to go about selling it? Should I use ebay? Or would it be better to find a bookstore locally that buys them? How would I go about finding that?

Any help is appreciated thanks,

- Ave

If you got a refund from the school - I would give the books back to them-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

The Andrews Course...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
includes the complete Stedman's Word Book series. List them by title and edition on the Classified Board here. You can sell them as a set or individually (although I think individualy would be better). I think it also includes "The Language of Medicine" plus the workbook. You might be able to sell that too for someone who just wants to brush up. So try the classifieds here. Does it include a drug and lab reference? Sell that too.

Similar Messages:

Which Company Do You Think Will Sell Or Buy Another Next? S M
Mar 06, 2011

I'm just curious what everyone thinks.  If you had asked last year, I would never have guessed MDI-MD or DTS would sell to Transcend, Spheris would go bankrupt and be bought by MQ or Transcend and Zylomed would both sell to a Canadian company.  Oh, I forgot OSI being bought by Nuance.  Who's left?  Keystrokes?  Webmedx?  Precyse?  Softscript?  Futurenet? Does anyone know who the biggest services are now?  Here's what I know: 1.  ...

Goodbye DTS...sorry To See You Sell Out.
Jun 30, 2011

I dread this change to Transcend and doubt very highly it will work out at all for me. Good luck to all the MTs. ...

Did All Type Really Sell To MQ?
Aug 24, 2011

I never thought I would see this.  How many companies are going to be here in a year? I know that MQ has bought at least 3 this year, Nuance has bought at least 4, Transcend has bought at least 4, Accentus bought 2 and Keystrokes bought 3 or 4.  Any I'm missing?  Are they all going to buy all the smaller companies or will they start merging with each other.  What's next?  Inquiring minds want to know! ...

Nothing About OTI Lately. Did They Sell? Did Everyone Quit?! OR...
Mar 16, 2013

Or is there finally some work? ...

How Do They Sell These VR Programs??
Dec 18, 2013

I'm assuming the software vendors talk the clients into how much they'll save by paying editors to fix this crap.  There is no way someone would buy into this software if they knew what it really looked like in draft form...omg.  It would not surprise me if the software vendor slipped a few Benjamins under the table to a willing doc at the facility and had him "train" the software before the presentation to the client.  The doc goes in, reads from a script, and near perf ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Do Not Sell Yourselves Short!! There Is A World Without VR.
Nov 29, 2012

So many of us have been "gobbled" up by Nuance in the last few years. So many of us are transcriptionists with specialized, honed skills, and those skills are valuable. Do not be deceived by a company who devalues your worth and causes self-doubt and continues to tout itself as the leader in the industry. I believe there are many facilities, doctors, clinics, etc, who do not want their work run through a computer to be deciphered. It may be time-consuming and seem like a fruitful task, but if yo ...

Still Think OTI Isn't Going To Sell Out? Not After Some Of The Recent Events.
Feb 05, 2013

d ...

Does Nuance Have Any VA Contracts Or Do They Just Sell Them
Nov 13, 2014

IF they have any contracts, we will be due the new federal minimum wage of 10.10 per hour when that goes into effect. Sadly, I think it is more likely that Nuance will shuck those contracts, if they have them, to avoid this. Anyone know anything about Nuance and VA contracts?   ...

CPC Certification Study Guide - Anyone Want To Sell One To Me?
Jul 17, 2013

I would like to buy a copy of this book if anyone could sell me one for a good price?  I can pay through your paypal account.  I have seen some on Amazon but they are expensive and I am hoping to find a better deal.  I don't care what kind of condition it is in, written in, whatever. Thanks :) CPC Certification Study Guide (Paperback) by American Academy of Professional Coders (Author), et al.  ...

Latest Hospital To Sell Out To Nuance
Nov 07, 2014

I am one of 20 acute care hospital transcriptionists who have just lost our jobs to Nuance.  Boy did they do a sales job on our hospital.  Our hospital refused to give us severance pay using the excuse that they were giving us as "a gift" the opportunity to work with Nuance and that in itself canceled out the severance pay.  Hah!  Most of us have been working for this hospital for 20+ years.  We lost it all -- job, health ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Books Or Web?
Jan 31, 2010

i'm starting a new orthopedic acount. is there any reason for me to get orthopedic books like stedmans, or is it all out there on the web? does anyone have any experience with this? thanks! ...

What Are The Best Books For New MT's??
Dec 26, 2010

I really want to be the best MT I can be.  ...

New One For The Books...
May 25, 2012

This one really got me today....doc dictating a review of systems VR.  Self-explanatory I think. Dictated: Genitourinary. Speech wreck: Jenny Toe Urinary This system will never work!!! LOL ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Reference Books
Nov 20, 2009

Question regarding use of reference books....I've been working for the same transcription company for 10 years and have kept very busy in that time, but as of the last six months, they have lost accounts and work has dropped off significantly.    I applied for a job last week that asked me which reference books I currently use.  To be honest, I haven't renewed any of my reference books in about 8 years, as I found it to be much, much quicker to locate terms via the Internet if you ...

Ophthalmology Books
Dec 09, 2009

The only ophthalmology book I am aware of is Stedman's.  Is there another one that is better?  I am only a little bit familiar with ophthalmology OP's and need a good book.  Thanks. ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Discount Books
Apr 21, 2010

I have spent forever looking for where we can buy the discount books on MQCentral - can anyone help me????  ...

MT Books Question
Dec 08, 2012

Hi all, I have a bunch of Stedman's word books that I don't want to go through the trouble of selling.  I just want to maybe donate them somewhere in one swoop, but where would one donate something like this? I am not wanting to ship them anywhere, either. Any ideas, smart people? I stopped updating my books some years ago when our pays weren't what they were before that, and also with the Internet they weren't as big a necessity as years prior. I never updated all of ...

WORD BOOKS
Jan 06, 2013

Okay, are Word Books still being used these days?  I am beginning a unit on dermatology and having a difficult time with some of the expressions/words, etc.  If they are, what is the recommended Word Book?  From what I've seen online the books seems to be outdated?  Thanks for any input. ...

Reference Books?
Jul 07, 2013

Does anyone use actual reference books any longer?  I paid so much for Stedman's books and now I never use them.  I am a big Google fan.  ...

BOS And Other Books Needed?
Jun 06, 2015

I might soon be working for a new company and wondering if I should ramp up on my reference books. What are your must haves?  Do you use the BOS (helpful or no?)  Anyone use the online BOS; if so, user friendly or not? Any help, opinions much appreciated! ...

REFERENCE BOOKS - HELP WANTED!
Dec 16, 2009

I just started this new job 2 weeks ago working for a plastic surgeon.  Now trying to build my reference book library.  What books would you recommend?  I know I need a PDR...I'm having trouble deciding which one would be best.  I also am needing a good Plastic/Cosmetic surgery reference book.....any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

Books At A Discount! Woohoo!
Mar 19, 2010

Gotta love the daily tips for reducing your QA submission.  We can order books at a discount and have it payroll deducted.  Cool! Let's see, I think I can do without electricity for a while.  There was a time when this "perk" was fine, when we made more money.   If they start offering food stamps, then they will have my attention. ...

Coding Books Recommendation
Jun 09, 2010

Does anyone recommend any beginning coding books to explore the field of coding and possibly get a head start while I am awaiting school?   Thanks so much. ...

Reference Books - Out Of Curiosity
Jul 19, 2011

Hello, MTs! I am back for another question! I do have a list of books I'm interested in purchasing from either Dorland's or Stedman's medical dictionary to Merck Manual's of Patient Symptoms (the list goes on, but I'm just naming a couple). Google is so wonderful when it comes to researching when you don't have anything, but I feel it's not completely reliable as having hardcopy materials. Out of curiosity, what book(s) can you not live without or work without ...

Websites Or Books For OP Terminology
Dec 01, 2011

Meant to post in the word help section.  Hopefully it gets moved.  Sorry. I have been a clinic transcriptionist for 14 years in all specialties but have very little hospital experience and no experience with OP notes.  I started a new job this week and was asked if I wanted to try hospital/OP notes so I said sure.  I figured since my production and accuracy were going to be lower due to the new platform, account specs, dictators, etc., it would be as good a time as ...