A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Still think OTI isn't going to sell out? Not after some of the recent events. - nm

Posted: Feb 05, 2013

d

Not sure why you want to stir the pot and upset people. sm - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Most people are upset enough about the lack of work, overhiring, some with pay cuts, etc. It does no good to worry about things that we have no control over. If OTI sells, so be it. Nothing I can do about it, and sitting here getting all upset will not help anything.

Maybe getting upset won't help, but I can voice my feelings if I want to. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
And will continue to do so.

What feelings did you voice? Your post only alludes to an OTI sellout nm - with no information to back it up

[ In Reply To ..]
oti

What recent events? - ??

[ In Reply To ..]
just wondering what is going on. What recent events?

Every place I've ever worked.... - Bear

[ In Reply To ..]
this is the slow time of year. Calm down people.

It's not the slowdown anymore, lady. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
d

not sure where you have worked - but

[ In Reply To ..]
that's just insane. This is the BUSY season. August, end of September, December - 40 years on the job - typical slow downs. February? Um no.

I know the holidays are typical slow down periods, but - EVERY WHERE is slow right now, not just OTI..but

[ In Reply To ..]
Every where. And the MTs at every company have their ideas or theories as to why it's slow, but who knows. Not just OTI though.
Why it's slow - Not an economist
[ In Reply To ..]
Um, has anybody noted we are in the Great Recession? And no, I do not work for (or even like) OTI. Just saying.
I've noted it, but Im not the one posting about how - slow it is or debating when the slow periods are.
[ In Reply To ..]
The entire MT stars is flooded with posts about no work, industry wide.
not at all slow in my neck of the woods - not oti
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm working on my 10th hour of work and trying not to viscerally react to the - "can you do just a little more" pleas!

January and February are not typical slow periods - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what the reasons are for the current slow down. But, January and February are NOT the typical slow periods.

After too many years working as an MT, the traditional slow periods are the holidays (Nov/Dec) and mid to end of summer (Aug/Sept).

Okay about 3 people so far have posted the same thing. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

No, work is not slow everywhere, just a few I think - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Granted I don't read every single post on the board, but the only companies that I can recall being talked about because they are slow are OTI, M-Modal and Landmark.

Low work at Landmark is not really that unusual. I know since I worked there at one time and ran out of work pretty regularly no matter what time of year it was.

So that leaves low to no work at only OTI and M-Modal, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

There was a thread on the main board a few days ago titled - "No Work Every Where" or something like that.

[ In Reply To ..]
someone even posted that their hospital was even slow.
The thread was called "Low census all over the world?" - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thinking you are strategizing - thummper

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems to me that the more you get everyone in an uproar, the more people will jump ship, leaving you with more work.

Like someone else said, no point in fretting over what you have no control over anyway. I guess if this is your big concern/worry, then you ought to start looking for work elsewhere.

Until L or I says "we have sold" then I am going to assume that the email they sent telling us they were NOT selling is valid.

My thoughts on this. Work may be slow - at other companies SM

[ In Reply To ..]
like M Modal or other larger companies because of offshoring and hospitals switching to EMRs like Epic. Does OTI offshore? If not, do you think they may have started to do this? Of course, they won't tell you. They will tell you nothing. As far as telling you that they are going to sell (as one post suggested) that will never happen. They know if they did, MTs might quit, and this is a time when they need everyone. They have to look as good as possible when selling. They might even overhire to keep the numbers looking good for them. I've been through 2 buyouts and it was same thing each time. When the sale is more or less completed, that is when you will hear about it. I hope this is not what is happening to all of you. I can think of only 2 companies who would buy if this is the case and I work for one of them. I have never been so miserable in my life.

Please - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have some pertinent information regarding buy-out and what the recent events are, which some of us have had heard nothing about, please feel free to share. It would possibly be helpful to the rest of us.

Similar Messages:

Which Company Do You Think Will Sell Or Buy Another Next? S M
Mar 06, 2011

I'm just curious what everyone thinks.  If you had asked last year, I would never have guessed MDI-MD or DTS would sell to Transcend, Spheris would go bankrupt and be bought by MQ or Transcend and Zylomed would both sell to a Canadian company.  Oh, I forgot OSI being bought by Nuance.  Who's left?  Keystrokes?  Webmedx?  Precyse?  Softscript?  Futurenet? Does anyone know who the biggest services are now?  Here's what I know: 1.  ...

Goodbye DTS...sorry To See You Sell Out.
Jun 30, 2011

I dread this change to Transcend and doubt very highly it will work out at all for me. Good luck to all the MTs. ...

Did All Type Really Sell To MQ?
Aug 24, 2011

I never thought I would see this.  How many companies are going to be here in a year? I know that MQ has bought at least 3 this year, Nuance has bought at least 4, Transcend has bought at least 4, Accentus bought 2 and Keystrokes bought 3 or 4.  Any I'm missing?  Are they all going to buy all the smaller companies or will they start merging with each other.  What's next?  Inquiring minds want to know! ...

Nothing About OTI Lately. Did They Sell? Did Everyone Quit?! OR...
Mar 16, 2013

Or is there finally some work? ...

How Do They Sell These VR Programs??
Dec 18, 2013

I'm assuming the software vendors talk the clients into how much they'll save by paying editors to fix this crap.  There is no way someone would buy into this software if they knew what it really looked like in draft form...omg.  It would not surprise me if the software vendor slipped a few Benjamins under the table to a willing doc at the facility and had him "train" the software before the presentation to the client.  The doc goes in, reads from a script, and near perf ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Do Not Sell Yourselves Short!! There Is A World Without VR.
Nov 29, 2012

So many of us have been "gobbled" up by Nuance in the last few years. So many of us are transcriptionists with specialized, honed skills, and those skills are valuable. Do not be deceived by a company who devalues your worth and causes self-doubt and continues to tout itself as the leader in the industry. I believe there are many facilities, doctors, clinics, etc, who do not want their work run through a computer to be deciphered. It may be time-consuming and seem like a fruitful task, but if yo ...

Where To Sell Transcription Books?
Nov 19, 2013

Hi all, I recently left Andrews School, I wasn't able to succeed in the course.  I have the books and materials still from the course. What's the best way to go about selling it? Should I use ebay? Or would it be better to find a bookstore locally that buys them? How would I go about finding that? Any help is appreciated thanks,   - Ave ...

Does Nuance Have Any VA Contracts Or Do They Just Sell Them
Nov 13, 2014

IF they have any contracts, we will be due the new federal minimum wage of 10.10 per hour when that goes into effect. Sadly, I think it is more likely that Nuance will shuck those contracts, if they have them, to avoid this. Anyone know anything about Nuance and VA contracts?   ...

CPC Certification Study Guide - Anyone Want To Sell One To Me?
Jul 17, 2013

I would like to buy a copy of this book if anyone could sell me one for a good price?  I can pay through your paypal account.  I have seen some on Amazon but they are expensive and I am hoping to find a better deal.  I don't care what kind of condition it is in, written in, whatever. Thanks :) CPC Certification Study Guide (Paperback) by American Academy of Professional Coders (Author), et al.  ...

Latest Hospital To Sell Out To Nuance
Nov 07, 2014

I am one of 20 acute care hospital transcriptionists who have just lost our jobs to Nuance.  Boy did they do a sales job on our hospital.  Our hospital refused to give us severance pay using the excuse that they were giving us as "a gift" the opportunity to work with Nuance and that in itself canceled out the severance pay.  Hah!  Most of us have been working for this hospital for 20+ years.  We lost it all -- job, health ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Right Middle Lobe Infiltrate With Some Moderately Malodorous S/l "ax Or Ex-sell-ation",
Aug 04, 2011

might need to rule out foreign body.  ...