A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did All Type really sell to MQ? - Curious

Posted: Aug 24, 2011

I never thought I would see this.  How many companies are going to be here in a year? I know that MQ has bought at least 3 this year, Nuance has bought at least 4, Transcend has bought at least 4, Accentus bought 2 and Keystrokes bought 3 or 4.  Any I'm missing?  Are they all going to buy all the smaller companies or will they start merging with each other.  What's next?  Inquiring minds want to know!

curious too - Ted

[ In Reply To ..]
Did MQ buy three this year? Missed that. Which ones do you know of?

Don't think so, cannot find anything about it - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
online and MQ usually anounces when it acquires another company on their company website.

Ahhh yea! I work at Alltype and have - Its true!

[ In Reply To ..]
been on conference calls all week. MQ DID buy-out Alltype and it is effective as of 9/1/11 straight from the COO's mouth. It is NOT a rumor, it is true!

Wow. Please accept my appology - I stand corrected

[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry for you. I got caught in a buy-out once myself, but turned out okay in the end because I was kept on my same accounts, hope the same for you.

Similar Messages:

Which Company Do You Think Will Sell Or Buy Another Next? S M
Mar 06, 2011

I'm just curious what everyone thinks.  If you had asked last year, I would never have guessed MDI-MD or DTS would sell to Transcend, Spheris would go bankrupt and be bought by MQ or Transcend and Zylomed would both sell to a Canadian company.  Oh, I forgot OSI being bought by Nuance.  Who's left?  Keystrokes?  Webmedx?  Precyse?  Softscript?  Futurenet? Does anyone know who the biggest services are now?  Here's what I know: 1.  ...

Goodbye DTS...sorry To See You Sell Out.
Jun 30, 2011

I dread this change to Transcend and doubt very highly it will work out at all for me. Good luck to all the MTs. ...

Nothing About OTI Lately. Did They Sell? Did Everyone Quit?! OR...
Mar 16, 2013

Or is there finally some work? ...

How Do They Sell These VR Programs??
Dec 18, 2013

I'm assuming the software vendors talk the clients into how much they'll save by paying editors to fix this crap.  There is no way someone would buy into this software if they knew what it really looked like in draft form...omg.  It would not surprise me if the software vendor slipped a few Benjamins under the table to a willing doc at the facility and had him "train" the software before the presentation to the client.  The doc goes in, reads from a script, and near perf ...

Pay For VR Editing ... DO NOT SELL YOURSELF SHORT
Apr 10, 2010

I haven't visited MT Stars in quite a while, but I noticed tonight some postings asking whether $10 or $11 per hour for editing VR transcription is reasonable. NO!  IT IS NOT REASONABLE!  Any seasoned, experienced medical transcriptionist who lowers themselves to edit for half of what they should be making as MTs is insane.  We are destroying our own profession by not standing up for ourselves, our expertise, our experience, our professionalism.  Not me.  I'll ...

Recently Given A 2011 PDR, Keep/sell??
Feb 28, 2012

The doc I work for gave me his 2011 Physicians Desk Reference.  Is that something that would be good refereance material for an MT??? ...

Do Not Sell Yourselves Short!! There Is A World Without VR.
Nov 29, 2012

So many of us have been "gobbled" up by Nuance in the last few years. So many of us are transcriptionists with specialized, honed skills, and those skills are valuable. Do not be deceived by a company who devalues your worth and causes self-doubt and continues to tout itself as the leader in the industry. I believe there are many facilities, doctors, clinics, etc, who do not want their work run through a computer to be deciphered. It may be time-consuming and seem like a fruitful task, but if yo ...

Still Think OTI Isn't Going To Sell Out? Not After Some Of The Recent Events.
Feb 05, 2013

d ...

Where To Sell Transcription Books?
Nov 19, 2013

Hi all, I recently left Andrews School, I wasn't able to succeed in the course.  I have the books and materials still from the course. What's the best way to go about selling it? Should I use ebay? Or would it be better to find a bookstore locally that buys them? How would I go about finding that? Any help is appreciated thanks,   - Ave ...

Does Nuance Have Any VA Contracts Or Do They Just Sell Them
Nov 13, 2014

IF they have any contracts, we will be due the new federal minimum wage of 10.10 per hour when that goes into effect. Sadly, I think it is more likely that Nuance will shuck those contracts, if they have them, to avoid this. Anyone know anything about Nuance and VA contracts?   ...

CPC Certification Study Guide - Anyone Want To Sell One To Me?
Jul 17, 2013

I would like to buy a copy of this book if anyone could sell me one for a good price?  I can pay through your paypal account.  I have seen some on Amazon but they are expensive and I am hoping to find a better deal.  I don't care what kind of condition it is in, written in, whatever. Thanks :) CPC Certification Study Guide (Paperback) by American Academy of Professional Coders (Author), et al.  ...

Latest Hospital To Sell Out To Nuance
Nov 07, 2014

I am one of 20 acute care hospital transcriptionists who have just lost our jobs to Nuance.  Boy did they do a sales job on our hospital.  Our hospital refused to give us severance pay using the excuse that they were giving us as "a gift" the opportunity to work with Nuance and that in itself canceled out the severance pay.  Hah!  Most of us have been working for this hospital for 20+ years.  We lost it all -- job, health ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Check Out Post On Main Board, "Latest Hospital To Sell Out
Nov 07, 2014

...conspiracy theorists on this one! Ha!   ...

Right Middle Lobe Infiltrate With Some Moderately Malodorous S/l "ax Or Ex-sell-ation",
Aug 04, 2011

might need to rule out foreign body.  ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...

All Type Pay?
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone know what pay range All Type starts off at?  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I have a test to complete and before I invest my time taking it, I wanted to get some feedback.  Thanks ahead of time. ...

How Do You Type
Nov 13, 2009

4-ply lift... He has been weightbearing as tolerated in a boot with a full 4-ply lift. tia. ...

Type 3 Or Type III
Nov 16, 2009

type 3 or III subacromial impingement... tia. ...

How Do You Type This?
Jan 18, 2010

at this point we are going to get an "AP lateral scapular Y"? ...

Would You Type This?
Mar 09, 2010

Doctor says "we will punt him over to Dr.  So and So." Would you type "punt," leave blank, or replace this with "send," "refer," or something more appropriate? This doctor is always saying odd things...LOL. ...

All-type
Mar 16, 2010

I know that I asked before but never got a response, although many read my post.  Anyone working now, or ever worked for All-Type?  Need good and bad.  The last archive I saw was for September 2009.  Was offered a job, and now nothing.  Is this familiar?  ...

How To Type This?
Mar 24, 2010

There is grade 3 anterolisthesis of C3 upon C4 with fairly significant associated spinal stenosis. ...

Type Of Lab
May 01, 2010

Heavy ESL: "more specific autoimmune antibodies like a scade profile" ...