A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTS - Minimum Production - Old Timer

Posted: Mar 28, 2015

I'm curious if anyone is making minimum production with TTS, 125 LPH transcription and 250 LPH editing?   If so, can you give any tips regarding what you cut out?  Proofing, research, etc?  How do you handle the long pauses in dictation?  Anyone use the "Skip Silent" command?   I can see 125 LPH for transcription but 250 for editing when you have to lose production with poor dictators?    Thanks for any feedback!

TTS min production - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with TTS for a tad over 3 years now and sorry but have no "magic bullet" for you. As you say, with 2 terrible dictators (and there are a number of them) and/or awful quality (like today) I don't even come close to minimum line count. If it's really bad, I take PTO lines to make up cuz I am so tired of putting in an extra hour or hour and a half every stinking night so I get a paycheck so I can pay my bills. I don't use the "skip silent" cuz it'll burn you in the end sooner or later. Sorry I don't have much of a good answer for you !

Thanks so much for your honesty. (nm) - Old Timer

[ In Reply To ..]

Some things I do...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I proof as I go. I use a very short playback so if I lift my foot off the pedal, I don't have to relisten to dictation. I keep my speed in the 85-90% range, so I can comfortably listen to each word as it is spoken. If any edits need to be made I do them as quickly as I can and then move on. During long pauses, I look ahead and fix any obvious errors I see, punctuation, etc. Do not use the "skip silences" because you will inevitably miss something and get dinged on an audit. I had never done editing, so it took me a good 2-3 months to get up to speed, but my quality was good and I kept showing an increase in my speed, so got to keep my job. Ask about the editing tutorial they have, it did help me out. If you're new on an account, familiarity with the account over time will help. For research keep your research sites up on your favorites bar across the top of your screen so you can access them quickly. I have Google Custom Search for MT, Medlexicon abbreviations, and OneLook Dictionary Search. Also, open your window to search old reports by patient or dictator and keep it open in the background for quick access. Other than the above, in time your lph will increase. After over 2 years on the same 2 accounts, I do between 250 and 325 lph.

Thanks for some great tips! (nm) - Old Timer

[ In Reply To ..]

wow good job - Nella

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, sm, that's great! I'm glad you have a good experience. I'm taking one day at a time since I just started at an outsource company. Thanks for the encouragement! Keep doing what you're doing - sounds great!

TTS lph - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was hired, I was told by the recruiter at TTS that the MTs average 450 lph on speech rec. I'm lucky if I hit 300. I'm very careful though. I can't imagine that 450 is the average. Maybe for accounts that have a lot of templates?

Never had any issue with the minimum, not - with TTS or any place else

[ In Reply To ..]
To tell the truth, had no clue what TTS minimum is because always do lots more than just that. I have my foot pedal set almost as fast as it will go, only take my foot off if something I don't understand. Just recently put on a new account, probably there about 3 weeks now and yesterday counted my lines per hour and it was 306 plus and that is with loads of research. Nearly every report has at least 3 or 4 physicians that need copies. So glad there is way to call up old reports because gain a lot that way. Sometimes am looking at several on the same patient perhaps trying to catch name or procedure. I never proof, only spell check at end. Do not know about the skip silent command, first hearing of this.

On my old account which is no longer I could easily get 400 to 500 or more lph every time I worked. Learning this new one but liking better.

Thanks for the tips. I thought that auto backspace was taking it's toll! - Old Timer

[ In Reply To ..]

I've never used a long auto backspace...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been transcribing for 30+ years and never liked lifting my foot off the pedal and having to relisten to dictation. I try to set it to restart where I left off. If I need to back up, I tap the backspace on the pedal. I've used to this method for a long time, and it works for me.
Auto Backspace - Old Timer
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been able to use no backspace at all when I'm really familiar with the client. I want to set it for about 1/2 word and will have to experiment for the perfect setting. I'm thinking about .25 of a second. Thanks for your input. Backspace really makes a different with production!

Congrats if your method works for you; .sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
but personally, I think it's a dangerous way to work and don't recommend it. They are slowly starting to do weekly QA on all accounts, so be forewarned because they'll get to you eventually. The skip silences command is supposed to be turned OFF. If you're going as fast as you say, it shouldn't make a difference for you and it will help you not miss words which the QA team WILL ding you on. Good luck.

Dangerous way to work? Have worked the - same for over 30+ years

[ In Reply To ..]
and over 7 with TTS so dangerous? Might be for you or others who cannot work like this but works fine for me.
Again, more power to you..sm - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
if it works for you, but the OP was looking for tips on how to increase her editing speed. I don't think your telling about your methods and achievements was really of much practical help.
So I guess holding your foot down on the pedal and - speeding up is not helpful
[ In Reply To ..]
in your eyes. They also asked about do you research and yes, told glad we are able to look on old reports. Always 1 or 2 in the crowd.
Glad it works for you. - Old Timer
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in my 60's and my hands have really slowed down. No way I could match your production.
Have passed your age and still - hitting it, just like have always
[ In Reply To ..]
worked. What has worked for me is editing. I would hate to think of straight transcribing now at this late stage because of all the meds, labs, etc. Seeing it on the paper makes it so much easier for me, now past the 60s.

TTS Mininum Production - TTSanon

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you just start TTS? If so, just be patient. You will eventually be able to make the minimum if not more.

YES, always check off the Skip Silent command. You will hear your dictation much better.

As far as long pauses. If you come across this, just play your foot pedal forward until you see the red line start to move again, indicating that the dictator has started to dictate again. BUT, check to make sure you did not miss anything.

Remember to adjust the speed of the dictation. There is nothing wrong with slowing a dictation down so you can listen easier.

Ask a member of the Orientation Team about some tips about proofing. You should not have to re-read the report.

Also, remember to put on the number highlighter. This way, you should never miss a med dose or lab value. This command is Control 8. To turn it off, the command is Control 0.

Like I said in the beginning, if you are new to the account, or the platform, it will take some time to get up to speed, just from having to check the Account Instructions. Keep the original Account Instructions for your account up and running in the background. Use the Search Function to find what you are looking for. Always read the MTI that is listed in the Demographics section of each report.

Hope this helps. But, by the way, the 250 lines for editing and 125 for straight typing is only going to yield you minimum wage. Sorry, but that's just the facts.

TTSanon: I liked the red box or line moving when you - did editing but now gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell me how to get this back? Seems like you know quite a few facts regarding the platform. TIA

TTS Minimum Production - TTSanon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I have no idea on how to turn the Red box/line on or off. I believe someone on the team can help you. It sounds like it is just a setting put in there when they did the install. I don't know what I would do without it.

Thanks for tips - Old Timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I need to build up my expansion program. I used to use 4,000 expansions, giving me a 30% increase in production, but in changing programs with upgrades in O/S, I've had to start over. I rarely used it with editing, but I know it will make a big difference with transcription.

Thanks for the tips.

If I do minimum LPH, I make...sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
less than my state's minimum wage by almost a dollar. It's a good thing I average between 275 and 325 most of the time. My LPH is 277 in order to make my state's minimum wage. I should probably just slow down to 250 and let them do MUP. Afterall, I'd be doing their required minimum.

TTS - MToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm about ready to give up on TTS. According to them, we supposed to proof, get our line count, and they're not too very happy if we leave a blank either. Not sure what the heck is happening with them, but it's so discouraging for them to suddenly be breathing down our necks, or am I the only one they're wigging out about? I've worked there for several years and never had a problem. But now it seems I have LOTS of problems.

Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Increasing Minimum Production By 20%
Mar 23, 2011

beginning June 1st.  I wonder what will accompany this change - reducing the workforce by 20% or lowering pay?  ...

Making Minimum Production At Amphion - How?
Jul 25, 2013

Is there anyone out there working for Amphion who is happy there and who can make production?  Even on my best day, I can't make it.  I'd love to hear how others are doing it.  Thanks! ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

New LPH Minimum
Dec 04, 2014

New (converted) LPH minimum is 100. Which means 200 lph if you do mostly editing. ...

Minimum Lph.
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone know what the minimum lph is now? ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

What Happens When You Get Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 14, 2010

I'm worried if I suffer another .03 cent decrease I may drop below minimum wage.  How do we indicate that to somebody?  Is it calculated per pay period - or what? ...

Minimum Requirements?
Apr 21, 2010

I've worked for MQ before, just before CBay bought MQ, but I can't remember (and maybe it's changed) what is the minimum number of hours or lines required per week?  I thought it was something like 2000 lines per week.  Is the minimum per hour still 100 lph for PT? Also, what's the pay rate for VR now?  I think it was still 70% when I left.  Is it 50% or 60% of your regular line rate? I'm just looking for something very part-time, like 10 hours ...

LPH Minimum. Be Sure To Keep Track Of All Those
Jul 16, 2013

a job to upload. All those add up and if you don't clock out for them it will go against your LPH and make a difference in your assessments.  ...

Minimum Wage In MA And MUP
Nov 20, 2013

Massachusetts may well pass a minimum wage of $11 (over 3 years).  It's passed the state senate.  Parts of WA (Seatac) actually have a $15 minimum wage.  Wonder what Nuance will do about MUP now, since so many in those states will be getting it.  Could get interesting.  ...

DC Minimum Wage
Dec 18, 2013

Okay, so I read by 2015, DC wants minimum wage to be $11.50 an hour. I'm assuming by that time Nuance will make our minimum line count reflect this increase - approximately 280 lph, especially since WE NEVER GET A RAISE. ...

Help! Can't Make Minimum LPH
Oct 21, 2014

My primary account is a straight typing account. I can't consistently make the minimum line count of 150 lph in our 8 hours. I use my shorthand and as many normals as i can, but I'm making no money. How is everyone doing this? Plus for VR it's only 180 lph. Seems like actually typing the lph should be lower. Someone please tell me how to get enough lines in!! Would quit in a heartbeat if I could, but a little pay is better than no pay, though I am still looking. ...

Minimum Wage?
Oct 29, 2014

just wondering if anyone knows...is there any kind of rule for paying you a minimum wage if your income with MM drops below the minimum wage? ...

At Least Got Minimum Wage
Dec 17, 2014

Bottom line is, regardless of the new pay rules, it's hard to even make above minimum wage before or after the new rules. So at least federal law guarantees minimum wage. Beyond that, my goal is to get out of this field and leave this MTSO company ASAP, though it won't happen overnight. ...

Minimum Wage
Jan 25, 2015

A $15.00 minimum wage would equate to 375 lines per hour at .04 per line. That's 3000 lines a day for an 8 hour day! The best I have ever done was 2700 lines editing in an 8 hour day and that was only once and someplace where I had been doing the same doctors for 6 years. Guess I would get fired for always getting MUP. And by the way, that's 428 lines per hour (3424 lines per day) at .035 per line and 500 lines per hour at 0.03 (4000 lines per day). If more cities raise the ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...

Production Req'ts
Sep 06, 2012

Does the company you work for have production requirements?  I've never worked with any, but we were just informed that some are coming and that the industry standard is 150+ lines/hr.  I could do 150/hr on a good day, but if there are not a lot of reports available, it would be very hard.  Just looking for others who work with production req'ts and how you cope.  Thanks for your feedback. ...

Well, I'm Under The Gun For My Production.
Sep 14, 2012

I'm at stage 2 now. I've got a conference call for my verbal warning next week. Problem is - I have been in the 'cesspool' for months now. One day I (and apparently everyone else in my group) suddenly had next to no more work from my primary accounts. The account has very apparently gone overseas. Every once in a while 1 report will show up, so I am sure MM has not lost that account. I can see a lone job show up every once in a while in DQM. Since then, I have had no ...

QC Going To Production?
Feb 21, 2015

Is there a date set yet for when QC will be on production? My thought is, if they are going to this and do MLS work as well when no QC available, Nuance probably has to figure out some fancy grid work to figure their pay on this as well. Nuance still hiring like crazy, offering sign on bonuses, recruiting off different web sites, and then some of us sit with OOW, at least on the US only accounts. The last few weeks it has been VERY regular that we run into OOW.  Not even offered to w ...

Why Does It Always End Up Being About Production? SM
Mar 08, 2015

I have never been a top producer, but I have always been consistent and have excellent quality.  All the MTSOs say they want quality but it seems to inevitably come down to producing that line count, no matter what variables come into play, bad dictators, just a bad day, lots of short reports, etc.  All they want is that 250-260 lines edited per day.  I realize there have to be standards and goals but it just seems that in the past copule of years, especially when I worked for Nua ...

Production
Apr 27, 2015

Are there any companies that have any type of incentive plan anymore?  I know several used to have production levels with incentive for reaching different levels but are there any of them left out there anymore? ...

Transtech - What Their Minimum QA Scores Are?
Oct 22, 2009

Does anybody know what their minimum QA scores are? They have postings for QA and MT but no mention it.  I do good work but don't want to be nitpicked to death for a 99.9% score. Thx. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

What Should We Do If We Earn Less Than Minimum Wage?
Mar 02, 2010

Are we supposed to report this to someone?  Plus, since our earnings may fluctuate from pay to pay, what do we do then?  ...

Concern About Minimum Wage
Mar 15, 2010

My ASR rate x 100 is less than minimum wage.  My transcription rate x 100 is just slightly higher than minimum wage.  I wonder if MQ is planning to increase the minimum lph to 150.  ...

Do You Always Make Your Minimum Requirement
Mar 16, 2010

on your lines?  I have the worst time staying focused and get worried at the end of every pay period if I haven't met my minimum line requirement.  I get paid more on minimum wage anyway.  Do you always make your line minimum requirement? ...

Working Below Minimum Wage
Apr 05, 2010

With the last spate of "changes" including institution of the latest version of DocQScribe -- the blossoming of the "swap board" and the "waving bye-bye" of accounts of 8-years' duration -- as they switch to using TEMPLATES (God Bless Electronic Medical Records) --my income has dropped more than 50% in the last 6 months.  But hey, I'm not concerned.  After all, I'm an idiot to begin with.  I have no intellect, no language skills, no research skills, no "shorth ...

Minimum Wage On Pay Stub
Jun 10, 2010

On today's check I had 0.25 hours at minimum wage, and I have no idea why. I have always produced my 150 lph minimum every day since I started. I am not making a ton of money, but my hourly average is more than minimum wage. Now I am getting really paranoid. Of course, I am in the over 10 cpl category. This just can't be right, but I fear it has put me on some big-wig's termination radar. ...

What's The Minimum Hours Your Can Work At MQ?
Oct 03, 2010

What's the minimum amount of hours you can work a week at Medquist? Is 20 hours the bare minimum? ...

No 8-hour Minimum Schedule
Mar 16, 2011

Are there any VR companies (Escription preferably) that will allow you to work based on reaching a line count, not on an 8 hour window? ...