A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need help quick! Transcend - Stargazer

Posted: Nov 22, 2010

I am supposed to start training with Transcend but am panic-stricken because of all the posts about no work available.  I have been offered a local clinic job (not the best working conditions but steady income).  Prefer to work at home, of course, but don't want to sit here with no work and not making any money.

Can anyone give me any positive feedback on Transcend? 

Need help quick - Just sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been working PT for Transcend for 6 months and am going full time with them on the 1st. I have run out of work from time to time, but I have always been given another account to work on when I ask for more work. I have been doing this for over 20 years and in my experience lack of work from time to time is industry wide. If you are willing to be flexible and make sure your superiors know you want more work and are willing to work on new accounts from time they usually try to find work for you. Working in an in-house position does offer more stability, but there are perks for working at home too. Depends on what is most important to you and how flexible you want to be. That's what I've learned anyway. There will be others on this board with a totally different opinion than mine, but that's my 2 cents for what its worth. Good luck.

I agree with above poster. If you are willing and - Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
able to learn other accounts and make it be known, you will have work available to you.

Transcend - TranscendMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't mind VR and multiple accounts, then you will have enough work. I work on multiple accounts and hate it, but some people don't mind switching around, so its up to you. The VR is my biggest problem. If that's not a problem for you, then I say go for it. For me personally, if I could find a clinic job, I would take it in a heartbeat. Just my opinion. Hope you find something that makes you happy.

Having worked for Transcend, I would take - Ex-T

[ In Reply To ..]
the clinic job. My experience is they overhire big time and the reason you have to be on multiple accounts is because of their over staffing of all these accounts. Being put on an already over saturated account does not mean you will have more work. It only means an already too heavily staffed account has now one more. And you won't be the last one assigned to that account when someone else asks for an additional account.

As far as flexing (as they call it), I was on a phone meeting once where one MT said she was willing to work any hours, she just wanted to work. The person conducting the meeting said "that is what we like to hear". You bet they do. They like all MTs to be puppets.

Your assessment is right on target - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I would take the clinic job and run as far away as my little legs would take me and head in the opposite direction of Transcend. For the other person - I am also an ex-Transcend employee.

stargazer - ex-Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
If it were me, I would take the clinic job if you want to make a living. If you do not need to survive on your pay you could take a chance with Transcend, maybe you would get lucky, some people seem to have too much work and others none at all. I was one with none at all and that was with working multiple accounts (6), so I found myself something else and am much happier. Good luck with whatever you decided.

If you get on the peds account (transcription only) you'll - never run out. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't really speak about the other accounts but I have never once run out of work on the peds transcription-only account in the year I have been with them.

Help with Transcend - loridrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
I started with them about 3 weeks ago. So far I love it. Of course, I have only been with them for 3 weeks, but haven't run out of work at all. Everyone has been very helpful and nice. Training is like no other I have experienced with any MTSO. I came out of training not feeling like I still didn't know what I was doing. I feel confident I am doing things right. I don't have anything negative yet to say about them.

Out of work - youasked

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been out of work for the last three days on a typically high-volume account. Granted this is more than likely a holiday fluctuation, but there's still no work.

If it were me, I would take the clinic job. Overall, MT's working for MTSO's seem to get the short end of the stick for the most part in multiple areas of their work experience.

And let me add before people start asking ... - youasked

[ In Reply To ..]
I have multiple accounts and have flexed each day from approximately 6:00 am until midnight. Total charts transcribed over the last three days: 5.

Been there/done that with this company - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel your pain and frustration. It makes for long, long days with no life. There is no such thing as a set schedule. How can anyone make minimum requirements with 5 transcribed reports in 3 days? It is actually pathetic, but I am sure there will be others on here saying "talk to your TL or employee advocate." LOL It is just a no win situation!!!!!!
I actually like Transcend - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
I have several accounts and only occasionally do I run out of work. I like being able to jump around to my other accounts so long as my primary is caught up. I have never had problems with pay or getting paid and my team leads have been great. I had read about Transcend on this board and decided to trust my gut and go for it. So far, no problems.
To Crabby - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh - I agree I never had any problems with pay or getting paid. That is about the only thing I can say positive about them. Unfortunately it took an act of God to get any lines in on a daily basis to be compensated for. Good luck and I hope you feel the same in the future.

Transcend radiology MTs - Suz

[ In Reply To ..]
I have two friends that went from Spheris to Transcend and they both hate it, one already quit. She ran out of work every day and was getting paid $1.10 per report with long reports. The other is still there and barely getting by. She's also getting paid nothing per report, with long reports and then running out of work too.
Not sure what's going on with transcription and the companies. I was on a great account with Spheris that went to speech rec, then went to another that was fine until MedQuist took over and wanted me to work for minimum wage. It's a sad time for us MTs.

Sorry - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I turned down a job because of what was posted here, but a friend of mine took an MT job and very quickly ran out of work, begged for more, then finally gave up when they told her they overhired.

I worked for them recently sm - maggie

[ In Reply To ..]
and there was always plenty of work and they were always begging people to work. I was on a typing only account that was based in New Jersey (I hate VR). My only problem was that they had about 60% ESL dictators and I could forsee a few months of working 12 hour days to get my minimum lines in- of course I would spend more time than I should have sometimes trying to get a blank. But my lead/trainer was awesome, pay was never a problem, and the only reason I quit was because I found a full time job in a hospital (albeit one I had to move 6 hours away for) that had immediate benefits and the pay was much better. The one thing with Transcend is that while they give you bennies it takes 6 months and when you get time off it is at like 12 dollars an hour. But still, it wasn't bad at all. If the clinic job pays better than 12 dollars an hour and gives you benefits, I would probably go with that, just because its always better imho to be paid hourly so you know what you are going to have coming in every month. I don't know what you meant by not the greatest working conditions, so I would take that into consideration- is there something about the clinic that makes it iffy, or is it just that you would prefer to work from home? That is all stuff to think about, but as far as running out of work, at least on the transcribing only I did not see that as ever being a problem for them. Disclaimer: I did only work for them for about 2 months so your mileage may vary, as they say.

Similar Messages:

Transcend Benefits A Couple Of Quick Question/s
Nov 24, 2009

Could someone who has Transcend benefits tell me- are routine physicals covered yearly? mammograms and well care? what is the per office visit copay? What about RX coverage, what is copay for brand/generic? What is the yearly deductable--what do you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance covers most of it? I thought I had heard it was $3000 deductable.  If so, is the benefit actually worthwhile to you? Aside from catastrophic.  I remember having $500 deductables but ...

Help Quick
Dec 05, 2011

In physical exam:  Violaceous coloration of eyelids.  "Shell" sign is positive.  Can't clearly hear.  Shell, Shnell, Shelf...?  ...

Quick Help, Please!
Aug 17, 2012

This patient has a papule on a GYN exam "near the vaginal and s/l joitus on the perineum." Does anyone have any ideas?  Anytime I try to look it up online, I get a bunch of sex site referrals. ...

QUICK!
Feb 27, 2015

Need quick help please. Doctor says something that sounds like "diffilization" of the pulmonary vessels. He is giving the results from a chest x-ray....if that helps with context.  The physician has an Eastern Indian accent as well.   ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

Quick Test Or Quick's Test?
Feb 05, 2010

With the exception of a "Quick" test, which he turns to the left, his neurologic examination is otherwise normal.   does that sound right? the sentence? "which he turns to the left" ...

New To MQ And Quick Question...
Mar 04, 2010

I have not started training yet, but think I will be in the North region.  Is there normally work in that region?  Anything I need to know before I start?  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

2 Quick Questions...
Apr 29, 2010

These may be stupid questions but I have to ask. What does IC stand for? Also, I keep hearing talk of speech recognition, are MT schools teaching this? How can you train for this? Thanks ...

Quick Help Needed.
Feb 28, 2011

Can anybody help me out on numbered lists when there are sublists?  Can't really afford time on shift to try to find the training for that part and listen to the slow explanation.  Thanks! ...

Quick Strep
Jul 08, 2011

Is quick strep capitalized? ...

Quick Question For Any MME/QAs
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just recently an MME.  In the Transcribed By box in the demographics screen I usually see:  MT/CCM/tier nameofMT In the first part, I know what MT, ME, and MME stand for, but I have been getting an S, #S, or SE lately.   Does this mean student?  I'm just curious as it would explain the quality.   Thanks! ...

Transcribe It Quick
Jul 27, 2011

Has anyone worked for this company?  I think it is mostly general transcription. TIA ...

Why Are They So Quick To Dock Our Pay?
May 30, 2015

Why do they make such a big deal out of an error, including sending e-mails saying "ERROR ALERT" or making a 3-point error a "critical patient safety error," then docking your pay for same, but if you go back to look at the document or to listen to it again, which you can in Escription, they have NEVER CORRECTED THE ERROR??? I don't think they are that concerned about errors, other than to dock our pay and to shame us. If they were, they would correct the error in the original documen ...

Quick Answer Please
May 31, 2015

If a doctor is dictating the wrong word consistently throughout the report and stating the word very clearly, do you change it or leave it? ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

Need Wome Quick Therapy
Oct 20, 2009

Anybody know of a way to adjust how far the foot pedal backs up?  Yesterday, out of the blue, every time I took my foot off the pedal and restarted it, it backed up almost a whole line.  It's making me crazy, especially in ASR.  Grrrr. ...

I Just Wanted To Take A Quick Minute To Say I Really
Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer.  I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank ...

Quick Help Needed On Punctuation.
Aug 16, 2010

Unsure of comma placement/procedures. It is all running together in dictation. I'm sure of the dictation, that part is clear. Thanks! Procedure is posterior arthrodesis at L4-L5 bilaterally, posterior non-segmental instrumentation in the form of pedicle screws with rods, fluoroscopic guidance and supervision and interpretation and placement of percutaneous pedicle screws, greater than usual procedural services secondary to revision nature and the claimant being graded at 100 pounds o ...

Quick Oracle Question
Feb 16, 2011

I know when our invoices are due, but on what days of the month do we get paid? TIA to anyone who can answer! ...

Google Quick Search Box
Nov 29, 2011

I have downloaded Google Chrome.  I have used the Google quick search box on my former computer.  I am having trouble locating this for my new computer.  What you do is tap the control keep twice, and a very small search box appears on the middle of your screen so you don't have to access anything with the mouse.  Hit enter and it searches your word(s).  Thank you.  Losing incredible amount of time without this time-saving feature.  ...

Helpful Quick 7.1 Hints
Oct 08, 2012

A lot (if not most) of the commands are the same in 7.1 that you're used to.  The training encompassed everything, not just new information.  There are just a few additions, is all.  You still upload the same, get the QA note the same, back to ADT the same, etc. ...

Quick Fluency Question
Jun 12, 2013

How do I indent a second time to list a, b, c, etc. into a list?   TIA! ...

Quick Escription Question
Jun 20, 2013

Can someone who knows more about ES than I do tell me is there a way to turn this darn double cursor thing off? Thanks so much!  ...

Can Someone Just Give Me A Quick Rundown
Sep 03, 2013

I have limited access to information and don't get the e mails from corporate.  I just want to make sure that I am understanding this new policy correctly.  If you are NJA, you have to just keep checking back for work throughout that particular DAY you are short (on your own time) or take PTO?  You can't get off the system and make up time later in the pay period or just go without working?  I just want to make sure I understand this new policy right and I can' ...

Quick Transcription Service
Mar 29, 2014

One of over 40 services I applied and sent resumes to in my miserable search for a service that actually has work.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are asking me to test because they pay a whopping $20 per audio hour (which by my crude calculation would end up being about $6 per audio hour).  And apparently they pay through Paypal.  How's that for professional?  This company is in NYC and apparently intent on preying on the continually rising numbers of MTs out th ...

Need $ Quick - PT. Who Hires Fastest?
Jun 09, 2015

Some of these tests take hours and then no guarantee you will hear from a recruiter.  I thought some of the crummier companies with large turnover might be the way to go for right now. Any suggestions? TIA ...

It Cracks Me Up The Way Some People Can Judge Others So Quick
May 12, 2010

Someone will come on here and complain about their company or ex-company because there is no work or they were let go and yes they are mad and yes they make a few derrogatory statements about the company and then someone always has to come on and say that they were obvious a poor transcriptionist or were lazy or something to that extent.  Tells these people, who are struggling (I know I am there, my van just got repossed) or have just lost their job, that they just can't cut it and thi ...

Quick Grammar Question - Two Plurals In A Row?
Dec 03, 2010

this doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of the correct way to type this sentence: ....until diagnostic tests results are complete.... "tests results" doesn't look right. Dictator is referring to multiple tests, not "test's results". I am not sure... any help appreciated. ...

Quick Word/formatting Help, Needed.
Dec 21, 2010

Doctor dictates:  Has a 130-year pack-year history.  and I'm not certain of how to correctly format it. THANKS! ...

Word 2007 - Quick Parts
Apr 12, 2011

My Word 2007 will not let me make Quick Parts/Auto text and use them.   Is there something I am doing wrong? ...