A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Quick Transcription Service - TiredMT

Posted: Mar 29, 2014

One of over 40 services I applied and sent resumes to in my miserable search for a service that actually has work.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are asking me to test because they pay a whopping $20 per audio hour (which by my crude calculation would end up being about $6 per audio hour).  And apparently they pay through Paypal.  How's that for professional?  This company is in NYC and apparently intent on preying on the continually rising numbers of MTs out there who are feelling ever so desperate like me.  I guess this is why I have been going to the occasional job fair and looking for on site jobs locally that make it worth getting up out of bed.  Seems everybody wants something for nothing now.  It has become very discouraging these days, considering that I have spent the last 20 years doing MT in what is now a field that is dying a slow and painful death.  Had done years of legal before MT prior to this, but those skills are now outdated, as all my experience was before electronic filing, and not much Outlook and Excel experience.  Hope something turns up soon before I am forced to take two minimum wage jobs just to make it.  Have worked for two different MTSOs in the last 2 months, both of which said they had a lot of work, great accounts, you'll love it, and they have rotten accounts, no work, and I hate it.  Dropped off my resume at a local pest control company for data entry and really hope to hear from them as they will pay up to $12 per hour and are about a 3-5 minutes drive from my apartment.  I cannot support myself on what this field is paying these days, even if they have any work. 

Dear Tired MT - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear you. My company which once had tons of work seems to suddenly not have much work. I have over 28 years of experience as an MT. Fortunately, I'm at the age where I can take early retirement in a couple of months and I am seriously considering doing it. I would be making more money in SS and pension than I'm making now.

Hope you get something soon - GeeGee

[ In Reply To ..]
Because of your good typing skills, you might want to try temporary services. They often have clerical jobs that become permanent and pay more than you make transcribing now. I wish you the best..times are hard everywhere.

Hopefully you will get the job @ pest control - sounds like it would be

[ In Reply To ..]
Better than another MTSO and may be your ticket out. I really wish you well.

Similar Messages:

WBG Transcription Service...Anyone Know Anything About Them?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

DTS Transcription Service
Mar 03, 2010

I was sent a link to test for this company and was absolutely floored!  I did the application form portion of the test and then was directed to the screening process, which was a series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions (10 minutes it took to complete).  After completing that I thought I would be directed to the transcription portion of the test, but no - I was directed to another series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions totalling about 30 mi ...

Ace Transcription Service
Apr 12, 2010

Has anyone had any experience with Ace Transction out of Dallas, Texas.  There ad states work own hours from home.  ...

Transcription Service
May 22, 2015

Does anyone know of a fair paying transcription service hiring now?  I find myself going from one company to another working so many hours for so little pay.  Unfortunate we have moved so far away from treating transcriptionists with respect and giving them dignity when we slave over these reports and get less than minimum wage sometimes. ...

Best On-Line Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2009

I have worked for Spheris and MedQuist in the past (5 years ago).  Do these companies still provide computers to their new hires. What else is out there now. Any new or better companies to transcribe for  ...

STAT Transcription Service
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone ever heard of them?  I did an archive search and couldn't find anything.  Thanks in advance! ...

Integrity Transcription Service
Oct 20, 2010

Any info on Integrity Transcription Services.  ...

Transcription Technology And Service
Jun 06, 2011

Is this a legit company? ...

Metro Transcription Service
Jul 18, 2013

Has anyone any information on Metro Transcription Service?  I have searched but not finding anything.  They are out of New Jersey.  Thank you. ...

Which Transcription Service Should I Work For?
Dec 05, 2013

The hospital I worked for recently outsourced their transcription department to Nuance.  Because of their extremely high insurance rates, I decided not to go with them and am therefore unemployed.  I have over 20 years of experience transcribing all specialties except pathology and my strong suit is radiology.  Any advice anyone can give as to which transcription service I should look into would be greatly appreciated.  I am looking to become an employee not an independent co ...

E-MedScribe Transcription Service
Oct 06, 2014

I am looking for information on e-MedScribe Transcription Service out of Houston, TX.  I tried to do a search for this company but I could not find anything.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.   ...

How To Start A Medical Transcription Service
Mar 12, 2010

I have been a MT for about 6 years now and would like more information on how to start my own medical transcription service for clinics (not hospitals).  Tried find a book on it but could not find any information or even a legitimate website on where to start with doing this.  I have been an independent contractor for 6 years but now would like to venture into business and get my own physician accounts and actually hire other MTs to work for me.  Anyone that has done this that can ...

Medical Transcription Service Organization
Mar 13, 2010

I'm looking for a Medical Transcription Service Organization (MTSO) for my company to use in order to improve the quality of service that my medical transcription business provides to its clients and to help me comply with the HIPPA laws.  I see some VERY expensive services out there; but are there any inexpensive ones that would help a small company like ours? ...

Transcription Service That Supplies Computer
May 22, 2010

Does anyone know of a transcription service that supplies the computer like MQ?  I need a new job.  I am making half as much as I was 2 years ago at MQ due to ASR and pay cut ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

CMC Medical Transcription Service In Seattle?
Oct 11, 2010

Anyone with a bit more detailed information/experience with this company?   Thank you for any help in advance! ...

Anyone Work At TTS (Transcription, Technology & Service)?
Dec 09, 2011

Wanting to know if anyone is familiar with this company, good or bad.  ...

If Starting A Small Transcription Service, What Is The Best...sm...
Dec 08, 2011

Oracle OR Nuance Transcription Service
Mar 21, 2012

Hi, I have just been contacted by Oracle and by Nuance Transcription Service and wondered if anyone had any experience with either company.   ...

Medical Transcription Service Who Pays More Than 8 Cpl
Jul 05, 2012

Looking for a medical transcription service who pays more than 8 cpl.  Who pays the best? And is a good company to work for. ...

Any Info On Ascend Transcription Service?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anyone have info on Ascend?  Looking if the offshore transcription and if they treat their MT's decent with decent wages?  Thanks! ...

Global Transcription Service/Australia
Sep 04, 2014

Has anyone applied to this company out of Australia and tested for a position with them, then been offered employment?  I notice that although you would be working as an IC they aren't requiring you to fill out a W-9.  ...

Anyone Have Info On Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

I received an email from Sheila and Mesheal from Midwest Transcription Service.  I just want to make sure they are legit.  I am not sure if they are in WI because I looked them up, and I think that company has a different owner.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. ...

Does Anyone Work For (or Worked For)PRN Transcription Service Out Of Ohio? I See They Have An Ad S/m
Oct 25, 2009

on the Job Board and am wondering if anyone has or does work for them and how they are to work for?  What platform do they use?  Is is difficult to learn or get your lines in?  I see they are looking for IC status and 8 to 10 cents per line.  Do they want a set schedule?  any info would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Wanted: Nonprofit Christian Transcription Service
Dec 12, 2012

Transcription used to serve nonprofit hospitals and quality patient care was the focus. Does anybody know of a nonprofit Christian transcription company that exists anywhere? Thanks. ...

TASP - Most Reliable Transcription Service Provider Out There?
Jul 08, 2013

Can anyone tell me the most reliable transcription service provider out there? There are many to choose from. I want to lean away from phone in trancriptions and lean more towards microphone use. I would also like one that is user friendly, has few and far between breakdown issues and offers line counts. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of/worked For Midwest Transcription Service? Sm
Sep 17, 2014

I did not find anything in the archives, so not sure if that is good or bad. ...

Any Current Infor Regarding Digital Transcription Service In Oklahoma?
Sep 27, 2010

I found some older stuff.  Just wonder if there is anything more recent. ...

Hospital Transcription Supervisor Has Outside Service Hire Her Daughter In Law And Then
Dec 27, 2010

xx ...

Davis Medical Transcription Service Of Central Valley, CA???......psm
Oct 05, 2011

This company is advertising MT position on MTDaily, yet I cannot find this company in archives, or even by googling.  And this is stated in Central Valley, CA, not Pennsylvania, I did go to the archives and search......?? TIA!! ...