A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just wanted to take a quick minute to say I really - learn a lot from this board. sm

Posted: Feb 22, 2010

An hour or two ago, I had a word question and put it on the word board and within a matter of five minutes, someone posted the answer. 

I know we all have our own opinions and experiences but I am an MT with 20 plus years of experience and my mind just went blank on this word.  Well, I was glad this fellow MT helped me out, so I did not have to send this to QA.  I looked up the word again myself just to be certain not that I doubted this other MT and then I took a minute to thank him or her and tell them they are a GEM!  I meant it, too! 

Anyway, just wanted to post that I'm glad this board is here; it's informative!  Thank you to all of my fellow MTs, new or seasoned, who add your thoughts and opinions every day! 

I agree. Its also rather addictive - if I go more than a - day without checkin in, I go thru withdrawal! Zirc

[ In Reply To ..]

yes, I have learned about many things, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
about creating things in expanders, platforms, equipment, etc etc. Very much appreciated!!

Similar Messages:

SoftScript Called Me Today And Wanted To Know If I Wanted To Work For Them
Jun 11, 2010

Although I work for Spheris/Medquist right now, SoftScript called me today and wanted to know if I wanted to work for them. I had applied with them before being hired by Spheris. They assured me they DO have work right now. ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Help Quick
Dec 05, 2011

In physical exam:  Violaceous coloration of eyelids.  "Shell" sign is positive.  Can't clearly hear.  Shell, Shnell, Shelf...?  ...

Quick Help, Please!
Aug 17, 2012

This patient has a papule on a GYN exam "near the vaginal and s/l joitus on the perineum." Does anyone have any ideas?  Anytime I try to look it up online, I get a bunch of sex site referrals. ...

QUICK!
Feb 27, 2015

Need quick help please. Doctor says something that sounds like "diffilization" of the pulmonary vessels. He is giving the results from a chest x-ray....if that helps with context.  The physician has an Eastern Indian accent as well.   ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

Quick Test Or Quick's Test?
Feb 05, 2010

With the exception of a "Quick" test, which he turns to the left, his neurologic examination is otherwise normal.   does that sound right? the sentence? "which he turns to the left" ...

New To MQ And Quick Question...
Mar 04, 2010

I have not started training yet, but think I will be in the North region.  Is there normally work in that region?  Anything I need to know before I start?  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

2 Quick Questions...
Apr 29, 2010

These may be stupid questions but I have to ask. What does IC stand for? Also, I keep hearing talk of speech recognition, are MT schools teaching this? How can you train for this? Thanks ...

Need Help Quick! Transcend
Nov 22, 2010

I am supposed to start training with Transcend but am panic-stricken because of all the posts about no work available.  I have been offered a local clinic job (not the best working conditions but steady income).  Prefer to work at home, of course, but don't want to sit here with no work and not making any money. Can anyone give me any positive feedback on Transcend?  ...

Quick Help Needed.
Feb 28, 2011

Can anybody help me out on numbered lists when there are sublists?  Can't really afford time on shift to try to find the training for that part and listen to the slow explanation.  Thanks! ...

Quick Strep
Jul 08, 2011

Is quick strep capitalized? ...

Quick Question For Any MME/QAs
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just recently an MME.  In the Transcribed By box in the demographics screen I usually see:  MT/CCM/tier nameofMT In the first part, I know what MT, ME, and MME stand for, but I have been getting an S, #S, or SE lately.   Does this mean student?  I'm just curious as it would explain the quality.   Thanks! ...

Transcribe It Quick
Jul 27, 2011

Has anyone worked for this company?  I think it is mostly general transcription. TIA ...

Why Are They So Quick To Dock Our Pay?
May 30, 2015

Why do they make such a big deal out of an error, including sending e-mails saying "ERROR ALERT" or making a 3-point error a "critical patient safety error," then docking your pay for same, but if you go back to look at the document or to listen to it again, which you can in Escription, they have NEVER CORRECTED THE ERROR??? I don't think they are that concerned about errors, other than to dock our pay and to shame us. If they were, they would correct the error in the original documen ...

Quick Answer Please
May 31, 2015

If a doctor is dictating the wrong word consistently throughout the report and stating the word very clearly, do you change it or leave it? ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

Need Wome Quick Therapy
Oct 20, 2009

Anybody know of a way to adjust how far the foot pedal backs up?  Yesterday, out of the blue, every time I took my foot off the pedal and restarted it, it backed up almost a whole line.  It's making me crazy, especially in ASR.  Grrrr. ...

Quick Help Needed On Punctuation.
Aug 16, 2010

Unsure of comma placement/procedures. It is all running together in dictation. I'm sure of the dictation, that part is clear. Thanks! Procedure is posterior arthrodesis at L4-L5 bilaterally, posterior non-segmental instrumentation in the form of pedicle screws with rods, fluoroscopic guidance and supervision and interpretation and placement of percutaneous pedicle screws, greater than usual procedural services secondary to revision nature and the claimant being graded at 100 pounds o ...

Quick Oracle Question
Feb 16, 2011

I know when our invoices are due, but on what days of the month do we get paid? TIA to anyone who can answer! ...

Google Quick Search Box
Nov 29, 2011

I have downloaded Google Chrome.  I have used the Google quick search box on my former computer.  I am having trouble locating this for my new computer.  What you do is tap the control keep twice, and a very small search box appears on the middle of your screen so you don't have to access anything with the mouse.  Hit enter and it searches your word(s).  Thank you.  Losing incredible amount of time without this time-saving feature.  ...

Helpful Quick 7.1 Hints
Oct 08, 2012

A lot (if not most) of the commands are the same in 7.1 that you're used to.  The training encompassed everything, not just new information.  There are just a few additions, is all.  You still upload the same, get the QA note the same, back to ADT the same, etc. ...

Quick Fluency Question
Jun 12, 2013

How do I indent a second time to list a, b, c, etc. into a list?   TIA! ...

Quick Escription Question
Jun 20, 2013

Can someone who knows more about ES than I do tell me is there a way to turn this darn double cursor thing off? Thanks so much!  ...

Can Someone Just Give Me A Quick Rundown
Sep 03, 2013

I have limited access to information and don't get the e mails from corporate.  I just want to make sure that I am understanding this new policy correctly.  If you are NJA, you have to just keep checking back for work throughout that particular DAY you are short (on your own time) or take PTO?  You can't get off the system and make up time later in the pay period or just go without working?  I just want to make sure I understand this new policy right and I can' ...

Quick Transcription Service
Mar 29, 2014

One of over 40 services I applied and sent resumes to in my miserable search for a service that actually has work.  That was over 2 months ago.  They are asking me to test because they pay a whopping $20 per audio hour (which by my crude calculation would end up being about $6 per audio hour).  And apparently they pay through Paypal.  How's that for professional?  This company is in NYC and apparently intent on preying on the continually rising numbers of MTs out th ...

Need $ Quick - PT. Who Hires Fastest?
Jun 09, 2015

Some of these tests take hours and then no guarantee you will hear from a recruiter.  I thought some of the crummier companies with large turnover might be the way to go for right now. Any suggestions? TIA ...

It Cracks Me Up The Way Some People Can Judge Others So Quick
May 12, 2010

Someone will come on here and complain about their company or ex-company because there is no work or they were let go and yes they are mad and yes they make a few derrogatory statements about the company and then someone always has to come on and say that they were obvious a poor transcriptionist or were lazy or something to that extent.  Tells these people, who are struggling (I know I am there, my van just got repossed) or have just lost their job, that they just can't cut it and thi ...

Quick Grammar Question - Two Plurals In A Row?
Dec 03, 2010

this doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of the correct way to type this sentence: ....until diagnostic tests results are complete.... "tests results" doesn't look right. Dictator is referring to multiple tests, not "test's results". I am not sure... any help appreciated. ...