A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need $ quick - PT. who hires fastest? - ss

Posted: Jun 09, 2015

Some of these tests take hours and then no guarantee you will hear from a recruiter.  I thought some of the crummier companies with large turnover might be the way to go for right now.

Any suggestions? TIA

If you need money right away - you might be

[ In Reply To ..]
better off getting a server/waitressing job where you could take home tip money from day one. It might not be what you want to do, but if you need money right away, it might be worth it for a few weeks/months.

Good luck.

You don't mention how much you need, but one thing - you can do simultaneous with....

[ In Reply To ..]
...your job search is to put things you own up for sale on Craigslist, eBay, etc.

All of us have things ranging from clothing to collectibles, kids' stuff, books, computer games, music CD's, DVDs or records, etc. that we can part with, and which can sell very quickly in these marketplaces, and doing so won't hinder your job search efforts in any way.

Just take a few pics and put up some listings. It isn't difficult, and once you've done a couple there's no mystery to it. Make sure the title clearly identifies the item including brand name, and in the description be honest about the condition of the item. If something has a scratch, for instance, say so - but reassure that it's purely a cosmetic defect, or (clothing) doesn't show, barely noticeable etc., and doesn't affect the function of the item. Where possible, take a close-up picture of defects.

When you're considering what you can part with, this rule is helpful: If you haven't worn or used an item in the past year, you probably don't need it.

You might be surprised how much money you can bring in by turning loose of a bunch of "stuff" that's doing absolutely nothing for you except taking up space and cluttering up your life. Which comes to the bonus in doing this - a decluttered living space!

income - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I work other part-times jobs on the side in house cleaning & interior painting. The hours are flexible & the money is pretty good. It pays right away.

Good strategies once established in job but not - at her stage.

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to be available for interviewing, testing, hiring process, training, etc. And then you have to be available for work so you can't be off somewhere else working another job.

Similar Messages:

Fastest Voice Recognition Platform
Apr 11, 2013

what is the fastest voice recognition editor platform out there that has the least editing on. ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

Help Quick
Dec 05, 2011

In physical exam:  Violaceous coloration of eyelids.  "Shell" sign is positive.  Can't clearly hear.  Shell, Shnell, Shelf...?  ...

Quick Help, Please!
Aug 17, 2012

This patient has a papule on a GYN exam "near the vaginal and s/l joitus on the perineum." Does anyone have any ideas?  Anytime I try to look it up online, I get a bunch of sex site referrals. ...

QUICK!
Feb 27, 2015

Need quick help please. Doctor says something that sounds like "diffilization" of the pulmonary vessels. He is giving the results from a chest x-ray....if that helps with context.  The physician has an Eastern Indian accent as well.   ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...

Transtech Hires IC's
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone tell me if Transtech hires IC'S?  Thanks! ...

Anybody Know If Transcend Hires P.R.N.? Nm
Jan 09, 2012

X ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

Medical Ink New Hires
Mar 31, 2014

I was wondering if any of you have had work yet on the account that starts with K and is in CA.  I have not had any yet and made my hours in the early morning until early afternoon.  Thinking I may have to switch but will give it some time for the dust to settle so to speak since it is a new account.   ...

New Hires At Patient First?
Jun 22, 2014

Anyone recently hired by Patient First?  How long did the whole process take?  It seems like things are moving really slow. ...

Medscribe New Hires.. How Is It Going?
Nov 02, 2014

Anyone willing to tell how they like working there?  Does there seem to be enough work? QA seem fair? any info helpful. thanks. ...

What Is IMedx Like For New Hires?
Dec 18, 2014

Is anyone willing to share their experience with iMedx and what it was like for you starting out? What is their QA like, are they nit-picky & did it take a long time to be released from QA to live work? How is pay? Is it easy to obtain a decent line count? Do they micromanage or leave you be to work? Thanks! PS - I know there are tons of recent threads on them, but none of them address my questions. I am hoping to hear about experiences as a new employee. ...

Twenty New Hires
May 24, 2015

My supervisor tells me today that her supervisor greenlit the hiring of 20 new team members for an account that never materialized.  Genius...  Who is managing this company?  Is there NO COMMON SENSE?  I sure hope those new hires are ready to fight the rest of the team for the smattering of work we get.  I have never in my life worked for a company that makes so many poorly researched decisions when it comes to staffing, not to mention the BS invention of the Deathstar P ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

Quick Test Or Quick's Test?
Feb 05, 2010

With the exception of a "Quick" test, which he turns to the left, his neurologic examination is otherwise normal.   does that sound right? the sentence? "which he turns to the left" ...

New To MQ And Quick Question...
Mar 04, 2010

I have not started training yet, but think I will be in the North region.  Is there normally work in that region?  Anything I need to know before I start?  Just curious.  Thanks. ...

2 Quick Questions...
Apr 29, 2010

These may be stupid questions but I have to ask. What does IC stand for? Also, I keep hearing talk of speech recognition, are MT schools teaching this? How can you train for this? Thanks ...

Need Help Quick! Transcend
Nov 22, 2010

I am supposed to start training with Transcend but am panic-stricken because of all the posts about no work available.  I have been offered a local clinic job (not the best working conditions but steady income).  Prefer to work at home, of course, but don't want to sit here with no work and not making any money. Can anyone give me any positive feedback on Transcend?  ...

Quick Help Needed.
Feb 28, 2011

Can anybody help me out on numbered lists when there are sublists?  Can't really afford time on shift to try to find the training for that part and listen to the slow explanation.  Thanks! ...

Quick Strep
Jul 08, 2011

Is quick strep capitalized? ...

Quick Question For Any MME/QAs
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just recently an MME.  In the Transcribed By box in the demographics screen I usually see:  MT/CCM/tier nameofMT In the first part, I know what MT, ME, and MME stand for, but I have been getting an S, #S, or SE lately.   Does this mean student?  I'm just curious as it would explain the quality.   Thanks! ...

Transcribe It Quick
Jul 27, 2011

Has anyone worked for this company?  I think it is mostly general transcription. TIA ...

Why Are They So Quick To Dock Our Pay?
May 30, 2015

Why do they make such a big deal out of an error, including sending e-mails saying "ERROR ALERT" or making a 3-point error a "critical patient safety error," then docking your pay for same, but if you go back to look at the document or to listen to it again, which you can in Escription, they have NEVER CORRECTED THE ERROR??? I don't think they are that concerned about errors, other than to dock our pay and to shame us. If they were, they would correct the error in the original documen ...