A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Softscript - Line discrepancies due to typed jobs no longer in queue - Latest nastygram

Posted: Nov 22, 2011

Line discrepancies due to typed jobs no longer in queue. Email me if you like with when this happened to you and your contact information - email, phone or otherwise - and let's get some justice for those of us who know what is actually going on with this. Happiest of Thanksgivings to you! 

Happens to me all the time - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
ever since I started there. You have to keep meticulous records since they're always yanking lines. A little bit here, a little bit there, I'm sure it adds up as money saved for them. The labor boards might be VERY interested in this practice. It seems to be widespread and constant. And forget Line Discrepancy... they never answer you. You're basically screwed out of those lines.

What just great...... - needingajob

[ In Reply To ..]
I've just applied there today, received email to take the test. If they screw with pay, then I don't want the job. Why don't you contact the Labor Board and report them?

Similar Messages:

Jobs Disappearing From Queue
Oct 28, 2011

I know this has been mentioned before, but here goes..have any of you ever had jobs disappear from your queue that you had just gotten, especially one that had a decent line count and was non-VR?  This happened to me yesterday.  I had just started a job and all of a sudden poof it was gone!!  I then sent a message to my supervisor, who said she didn't take it, and said maybe it timed out?  I know it did not time out because I had just gotten it.  This is not the fir ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

Jobs Snatched Right Out Of My Queue With My Hands On The Keyboard Ready
Jan 01, 2015

Nuance, I know plenty of us mere numbers on your screen have already told you this, but you people are such miserable jerks. ...

Can No Longer Download Jobs Via Dial-up Connection
Jul 28, 2010

I have been working successfully for Softscript for the past 5 years via a dial-up internet connection.  Recently, I have been having trouble downloading jobs; i.e., I can't do it.  The tech person I have been working with there says that my computer is fine - it is just that dial-up is outdated - "no one expects anyone to have a dial-up connection any more". I don't understand how it can be working one day and not the next.  Anybody have any ideas, fixes, etc.  I ...

Softscript, Medquist Jobs
Aug 26, 2011

I am currently in a dilemma on what company to work for....any input whether there have been problems with these as far as descent pay, PTO, etc.? Softscript offered .085 cpl. I recently lost my hospital job due to budget cuts and know I'm not going to make same pay as I did there ($18 hr.), but cannot work @ $12 hr. either. Don't want to run out of work. Just wondering if I should work IC on my own also. ...

Softscript - Jobs Won't Upload
Mar 02, 2012

Jobs won't upload, can't get into anything, mtref site, client, email, blah, blah, blah.  Anybody else?  ...

SoftScript Posting Jobs For 100 MT
Apr 22, 2013

After 18 months of no problems, and flipping between 6 accounts with the most idiosynchratic site specs, on top of the most outmoded platform, suddenly I don't pass audit, taking off the same error 3 times against me. Their editors and auditors know less than the MTs they are judging; I caught them on 4 different errors. They treat you like toilet paper, so those 100 MTs they need (wonder why?) better change their designations to TPs! ...

Pay Discrepancies
May 13, 2015

Following the post below, how is an MT3 making less than a top MT2? And how does an MME make less than both, fixing what we cannot do? This is something we can fight. Need to know what others are making please..Time on, really isn't important, but helpful. ...

I Am Reporting Discrepancies Under The Help Tab
Aug 27, 2012

Is that the right place, cause have been doing it for over 3 weeks now and getting really frustrated...my comments are getting nastier and nastier by the day, would hate for no one to be seeing them. ...

SOFTSCRIPT LINE DISCREPANCY??
Jan 05, 2012

I have been spending the same amount of hours, doing the same accounts and my lines have been decreasing.  Is there something going on that we are not aware of?  Another question, do we get paid for spaces?  And if we did, maybe they have been taken away.  I am confused....  Anyone know what is happening?   TIA ...

Softscript Line Count
May 17, 2012

Is anyone having trouble with Softscript line counts?  All of a sudden it is about half what it's been for the last year.  I've read of this problem there in the past but all was fine for so long and now I'm worried. ...

Softscript Line Counts
May 22, 2012

Nice email regarding line count discrepancy, stating it was actually calculating headers and footers and canned text, which it was not supposed to be, and we were OVERPAID.  So you mean for 5+ years, I have been getting EXTRA money, and you JUST now caught this, and oh good for you, you are not going to go retroactive and ask for your money back - REALLY.  I call BS.  ...

Line Counts And Softscript
Jun 14, 2012

Fascinating that line counts are exactly what they should be on certain jobs and way off on others.  Have it from an excellent source that they know exactly what they are doing and pretending otherwise.  So very fun and rewards will no doubt be reaped, especially in light of the "oops we have been overpaying all of you for a year or so and be happy and don't worry be happy because we've decided that the timing couldn't be better during MT Week to let you all know th ...

Discrepancies Within Reference Materials
Dec 03, 2011

A question about how to type something came up between coworkers, and in order to resolve it I did some online searching.  I was stunned to learn that there were just as many "expert/authoritative" sites saying that their way was "the right way" to do it as the other way.  (None indicated that it was optional or that either way was fine.) It is striking how many differences there are amongst reference materials; I even found "tendinitis" misspelled (as "tendonitis") in one o ...

SOFTSCRIPT LINE COUNTS ~ NEWBIE
Jun 28, 2013

I'm working 10+ hours a day and still can't get my line count up to where it was just 2 months ago.  Anyone else from SS noticing the same problem or am I just paranoid?  ...

Queue
Nov 06, 2009

The word is queue.  It is not cue.  They are neither interchangeable nor synonymous. Not picking on anybody, just sayin'. ...

Anyone Getting One Job In Queue On DQS 6.1 Instead Of 2
Jul 13, 2012

I am only getting 1 job in my queue instead of 2. Have to wait a while in between jobs before next job pops up. Anybody else having this problem? ...

Did You Ever Have A Job Come Up In Your Queue
Jun 13, 2013

typed before and think to yourself "It's only 94 seconds, how bad could it be?" And then it takes you 10 minutes to do and you are in tears by that time?  That's the kind of day I am having... ...

Missing Jobs On Line Count?
Apr 11, 2013

Last couple of jobs NOT showing up.  Anyone else having a problem?   TiA ...

Mommy Jobs On Line Experience
Dec 20, 2013

Anybody have personal experience with Mommy Jobs on Line they care to share?  Trying to decide if it is worth the $200. ...

Can You Lose Dictation That Is Already In Your Queue?
Aug 18, 2010

Once again, I was down to my last few jobs, but hurrying to get them because I could tell from the list of jobs that someone else was eating up the dictation too. I had my download setting on 2 jobs. I was zipping through a 30-second dictation set to 150% playback, and once that was done, I was planning to do the other job in my queue and maybe one more, before there was no more work. But when I finished the 30-second job, the other job in my queue was gone, and all the jobs had vanish ...

Well, I Have Had The Usual Late Night Line Count Crushing Jobs.
Jul 25, 2014

First 3/4, hanging on 150 lph by a thread.  Now the usual late-night line-killer doctor a couple of times and a long train of bad audio.  Just barely able to get over 110 lph.  Oh, and don't forget that 20-minute job during which the doctor had a hard time making up his mind as to what he wanted to say. Performance management here I am.  Got my first nudge today.  Let's see if they will let me be on line count performance management as long as they did quality ...

Maybe If The The Dang Jobs Would Load In A Timely Fashion Line Counts Would Better.
Jun 13, 2015

Nm ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

How Should This Be Typed
Feb 23, 2010

1-1/2 inch or 1.5 inch Had a doctor say 1.5 inch needle and I was taught that it should be 1-1/2 inch needle. Thanks ...

How Is This Typed?
Aug 14, 2010

Is it 36 weeks and 1 day gestation or 36 weeks 1 day gestation?  Thanx ...

Typed By An ILP
Feb 03, 2012

Typed (not ASR):  CAT scan of the cervical area done on the genitalia first.  Dictated:  CAT scan of the cervical area done on January 31. This person isn't even on 100% QA.  You get what you pay for.   ...

No Longer With MM
Jun 27, 2015

I am so thankful that I am no longer with MM.  I quit in May and it is the best decision I have made in a very long time.   I got so tired of the unreasonable hours, the constant changing of hours/days.  I got tired of the threats about quality (which is definitely unrealistic), then you get the threats about not having enough lines.  I don't have to tell all of you what  a terrible journey it is with MM.  It is the kiss of death and it will never be any b ...

6MP Protonix - Typed Right??
Nov 07, 2009

I'm just not sure.  thanks for any help! ...