A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Line counter compatible with Vista - JB

Posted: Oct 25, 2009

does anyone know of a line counter that is compatible with Vista?

I've never had a problem with Abacus in Vista - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
It also works in Windows 7.

MP Tools works fine, too. nm - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Is DocQScribe Compatible With Vista? Nm
Feb 20, 2010

xxx ...

Is Nuance Compatible With Windows 7/Vista 64 Bit Systems? Sm
Mar 21, 2011

I'm wondering because posting says now compatible with Windows 7/64 systems, but actual information on job info page for the application says 32 bit systems only but that is as of Feb. Anyone know for sure? I have 8 GB of memory and only Vista 64 and Windows 7 can utilize higher than 4 GB of memory.  The 32 bit systems can only utilize a max of 4 GB of memory.  Makes a huge difference.  TIA! ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Line Counter
Apr 14, 2014

Does anyone know of a good simple line counter software program that will count lines (even if only one or two words on the line), plus headers and footers.  I do not need all the invoicing stuff and all that. I had free Abacus version 2.0 for years.  I have a new computer with Windows 7 on it and can no longer download Abacus as they have apparently gone out of business.  Trying to find a replacement, either free or cheap ($20). ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Line Counter For Me?
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not sure what to download   ...

Webmedx Line Counter
Oct 10, 2011

This might need to be on the tech board, but I have a question on the WBX line counts, I just started here.  I am assuming that the number up on the right hand upper corner in black that changes is your line count?  When I do a VR job, I get a negative line count? What the heck is that?  Maybe I am understanding wrong and hoped someone could help me out.  I have typed several jobs and done maybe 5 VR jobs this shift and I have a line count of 43??? WWWAAAHHHH. Also, does eve ...

Free Line Counter
Nov 29, 2011

I was told there is a free download thru MTSTARS for a line counter.  How do I locate it if it exists?  Thank you.  Jay ...

Line Counter Program?
Jul 14, 2013

I am in need of a line counting and invoicing software program that is compatible with both MSWord 2007 and Windows 8. I must be able to include spaces, designate a specific character line count, and exclude headers/footers. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

Abacus Line Counter
Feb 09, 2015

I had a computer crash and lost my Abacus line counting program (among other things!).  They obviously are no longer in business as I have tried repeatedly to contact them. Does anyone have the Abacus30.zip file they would be willing to send me?  Any help is very much appreciated. Any recommendations on a different line counting program? ...

Anyone Know Of A FREE Downloadable Line Counter?
Feb 24, 2010

Thank you! ...

Word 2007 Line Counter
Dec 01, 2011

Is there a line counter that works with Windows 7 and Word 2007? What is everyone using now that Abacus is out of business? Thanks!  ...

Free Line Counter For Windows 7?
Nov 17, 2013

Is there a such thing as a free line counter that will work with Windows 7? Thanks. ...

Recommendations For Free Line Counter Software? Sm
Jan 11, 2013

I really wish I could use Sylvan but I have Word 2002 and it only utilizes Word 2003 and higher. I was suggested to try Abacus but I cannot find a legitimate download link. Any other suggestions? Thanks! ...

Need Line Count Program Compatible W/ MS Word 2007
Jan 10, 2012

I am looking for a line counting program that counts gross lines.  I used to use Abacus, but it no longer functions properly, and it seems that the company is out of business.  Can anyone recommend?  Needs to be MS Word 2007 compatible.  Thanks! ...

Page Counter
Jul 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is software that will count pages for reports that are one continuous file with multiple pages?   I have tried several, but they count the file as one page, rather than delineating each page separately. Thank you. ...

Over-the-counter Meds
Nov 23, 2010

Is it Extra Strength Excedrin or extra-strength Excedrin? ...

Keystroke Counter
Aug 05, 2012

Looking for a program that will only count keystrokes done within a document.  I have a bunch of templates but cannot count that part just the stuff we are typing.  Any suggestions. ...

Keystroke Counter? (sm)
Sep 08, 2013

VR drafts have BECOME so far off what was clearly dictated that it is taking LONGER to edit than it would to just transcribe it.  Not only do I have to re-transcribe it, but delete full sentences and phrase that sound nothing like what was clearly dictated!  As MTs we used to be paid for our keystrokes which was fair.  Today we probably put in twice the keystrokes we are paid for.  Anyone know of a cheap keystroke counter as I think this would be very useful in a suit again ...

Spelling Of Over The Counter Supplement
May 15, 2013

Good afternoon everyone, I am in need of help on an over the counter supplement the doctor is dictating. It sounds like she is dictating "Noclia"  (Know-clee-a) I have tried every combination I can think of on looking for the spelling.  According to the doctor, it is an over the counter supplement to fight inflammation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Vista Conversion
Nov 01, 2009

Hello!  I have an Acer desktop that is a vista.  My old computer was an XP, and I still have the hard drive that I removed from it before I gave it away.  Is it possible that I can remove the Vista hard drive from my present computer and replace it with the XP hard drive from my previous computer?  (I don't remember the name of my previous computer).  Thanks! ...

ANY COMPANIES USE VISTA
Nov 09, 2009

Any companies use Vista.  Thank you ...

Vista And EMDAT...
Dec 09, 2009

For those that use Vista and EMDAT/Inscribe, have you had problems downloading and using the platform?  If so, what issues did you encounter?  Thanks!! ...

Can Vista And EMDAT Be Used Together? Are There Any
Dec 09, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Vista Or Windows 7?
Jan 02, 2010

I need a new computer & would rather not have to buy a refurbished or special order from Dell just to get XP, so I'm wondering if anyone's been able to try the new Windows 7 or even Vista, though I'd prefer Windows 7 I think.  TIA!!! ...

Question About Vista
Jul 11, 2010

I just got a new computer with Vista and can't get DQscribe to download.  Is Vista compatable with DQscribe?  Thanks! ...

MModal's DQS 7.1 And Vista
Oct 05, 2012

Hey MModal MT's, Do any of you guys work on Vista in the new DQS 7.1?   I have a company-issued computer, but my laptop runs on Vista.  Just wondering is DQS 7.1 will run okay with Vista.   ...

Anyone Using VIsta For Fluency 7.4??
Oct 13, 2014

Need  to use my laptop for work this week - - Vista.   I know they say it's incompatible, but in the past I've been able to work when they said that as well.  Just wondering if anyone is currently working on Fluency 7.4 on Vista.  Thanks! ...

Loading DocQscribe On Vista
Oct 20, 2009

Can someone please instruct me on how to load DQS on Vista?  Thanks! ...

Escription, Using Vista, Cannot Minimize
Nov 23, 2012

Have a new system and for whatever reason cannot get things to minimize to the usual place, the bar at the bottom of the page (I give up, what do you call it?).  If I bring Google up and want to minimize that and keep, cannot do because if I go back to Google the same material still there.  Used to be with my other XP could minimize all the way across the page and this time not. Any ideas as to how to correct this? TIA ...

How To Properly Install GearPlayer 4 On Vista?
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone know how to properly install GearPlayer 4 on Vista?  I cannot get it right.  I am also using the Emdat Inscribe.  Thanks ...