A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes may be sold? - shortstak

Posted: Jul 29, 2011

Does anyone get the feeling that Keystrokes may be sold?

Why? Are there signs? - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work there and did not even think of that. Am I missing something?

It just seems very weird. - shortstak

[ In Reply To ..]
They just lost a huge account, but assured everyone that there was still plenty of work. But cannot get any information from the higher ups because the work as been slow with no explanation. People have been terminated, written up, etc. It just seems very tense.

My account is very busy, so the slow is not on every account. - CuriousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that a lot of accounts are busy, and that huge account was expected to go a while back. I was on it and am SOOOOOOO happy to be on my new account. The account I am on is even bigger than the one that was lost.

Write-ups and terminations happen all the time, not unusual.

I think you are worrying for no reason. Didn't they just acquire a few companies?
Are you on an acute care account? - shortstak
[ In Reply To ..]
Can you pm me? I have been waiting for over 2 weeks to work.
I just emailed you. nm - CuriousMT
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Thanks...:} - shortstak
[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for taking the time to message me.

do you think the terminated, written up MTs are on high - end of pay scale? n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Terminations are along quality lines. - By what I have seen.
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no need to carry low-quality MTs. Those that keep their quality up are keepers.

Keystrokes - another anon

[ In Reply To ..]
In the recent past Keystrokes bought other companies, so it would seem odd that they would be on the verge of being sold themselves.

On the other hand, if they were preparing to be sold, I wonder how they would explain the constant revolving door of employees and total chaos that is so prevalent. And this is just my opinion from personal experience.

I think most big services have a revolving door now. sm - TooTired

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for all the big ones including MQ, Transcend, Webmedx, OSI, Spheris, Keystrokes and Focus. They are all basically the same in terms of pay and people coming and going. I am happy at Keystroeks and do not see chaos, but that's my experience and yours may be different. Personally, I saw more chaos at Webmedx, felt like an unwanted number at MQ and absolutely hated working for Transcend. I wish the old Your Office Genie was still around pre-MQ. Keystrokes is the closest I have come since YOG sold out.

Totally agree about Your Office Genie days. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Your Office Genie was my first work at home job and I have to tell you I cried when Carole sold it. At first it wasn't so bad with MQ, but then..... If Keystrokes is anything like them I think I may have to think about applying with them. Handsigned Christmas cards, extra bonuses for whatever reason, sometimes frantic calls for extra work, but you felt so much like an integral part of the whole thing you didn't mind.

I know a lot of the old YOG staff is with FutureNet, but I don't think it is the same from what I hear. Have you tried them?

Revolving doors - Old Yogger Too

[ In Reply To ..]
Sent you an E-mail.
My email response will not go through. - CuriousMT
[ In Reply To ..]
My count is MUCH higher at KS than it was at TS.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Just Bought The Company I Work For. Are All Small Companies Being Sold?
May 31, 2011

I like that I will be an employee and that the office people are staying on with them.  I hope that this is good and that they don't try to get rid of us; I really love the account I am on.  Anyone else from MED-X here? ...

SOLD AGAIN
Nov 21, 2011

Well, for the second time in not too many years I have been sold to MEDQUIST..............WTH???? No, I am not going to work for you no matter how many times you buy the company I work for.  I would rather work at McDonalds or be a door greeter at Wal Mart.   ...

TCI Got Sold??
Feb 26, 2013

I don't work for TCI every day but I just read my email and there were notes that it either lost the account and then one said it was sold and the account I was on wasd deactivated? Does anybody know anything about this? ...

When A Company Is Sold, What Happens To The
Oct 04, 2010

to the owners.  Are they still involved, or when the MTs find out about the company being sold, are nowhere to be found for questioning.  I would like to know how long the original owners are involved when they announce they sold the company, i.e., Encompass bough by Nuance.  I have not heard a peep from the owner and wondered what the heck is going on. Dusting off the resume. ...

My Company Just Got Sold
Jan 21, 2014

I am relieved.  I am going to file for unemployment then get another job. I am not sad at all. I spent 14 years doing this job. I was getting bored anyway. PS: It was to MModal.   ...

Transportal Being Sold? Sm
Mar 18, 2015

Heard a rumor that Transportal is being sold out to Scribe and Scribe is supposed to be hiring the MTs from Transportal. Anyone else hear about this? TIA ...

JLG Sold To MQ 09/15. How Are Things Changing? Nm
Sep 30, 2011

nm ...

What About This! Trust In India Sold MM.
Jun 05, 2013

"The company has sold part of it's holding in its subsidiary viz Godrej Agrovet Limited, entire holding in M'Modal Inc and its joint venture company viz Godrej Hershey Limited," the filing added.   http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/godrej-industries-q4-net-at-rs-93-67-cr-113052800949_1.html ...

Alpha Sold By Imedx To Trio
Jan 01, 2015

That was fast!  http://www.imedx.com/news/trio-consulting-acquires-alpha-transcription-imedx I also found an interesting article on the legalities of small VA contractors winning contracts as a "small" business while combined with huge businesses... http://www.njit.edu/ptac/veterans It appears that Alpha is separating from huge, Indian-owned Imedx, so hopefully the complaints filed with the contract officers and DOL were starting to sink in.  ...

Medical Records Info Sold On The Internet
Jun 19, 2013

On the Los Angeles news tonight. ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...

I Think I Got The Job With Keystrokes!!!
May 14, 2012

Please, no negative talk....somebody be positive and be happy with me.  ...

How Much SR Is There At Keystrokes?
Jun 06, 2012

Was told by recruiter the account was about 50/50? Think this would be a typical assumption of their accounts? (Have been told this before and it was way highter...like in the 90/10 range). Thanks in advance. ...

What Will I Like About Keystrokes?
Jun 12, 2012

Yes, I know there are negatives regarding just about every MT company, but I am just about to start with Keystrokes and I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about it, so I would love to hear the good stuff about working for the company and what I can look forward to as I get started. Thanks guys!! ...

Anyone Doing VR At Keystrokes
Jun 21, 2012

How is it? The trainer says it is one of the easiest platforms to learn on if you've never done it. Said the threshold is set high at like 85% (not sure what that means) and it proves to be very lucrative for some. Anyone have any experience with it they could share? Not only am I new to Keystrokes, totally new to VR as well. Thanks in advance! ...