A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokers, regarding earlier layoff post - FrustratedMT

Posted: Jun 12, 2014

I do not know what I can mention here, but was the HR person’s first name who was let go start with a K? 

I ask because I replied to their job posting that stated they were rolling back the clock and needed to hire 40 MTs.  I sent in my resume in response to the pediatrics account because a while back, I was an MT at a children’s hospital in a very large city.  I stated I knew my skills were old but that I was submitting my resume anyway for their consideration.  I received a reply back from this HR person (name begins with K) that she felt she could use me.  I was happy to hear it.  I tested for them and passed, even though I have been doing strictly radiology for at least 6 years.  Then, as I am sure you know, my computer was tested, and my upload speed did not meet their minimum requirements.  I talked with my current ISP, but they could do nothing to improve my upload of 0.5 bpms.  So, I sent a note stating that I would contact my former cable provider.  I kept in touch via email as to the progress of install date.  Because my high-speed DSL internet provider did not port my phone number and the original order was wrong at order taking, there was a delay, but again, I was thanked for letting her know.  To net it out, my install date was 6/6, and I was up and running.  I received a note that she, “K,” would let their IT folks know.  They were to call me to test my computer.  I never heard anything.  I sent a couple of notes inquiring if the jobs had been filled.  I have never heard a word back.  In good faith, I did what I needed to do to have my upload speed meet their minimum requirement, and in the end, my upload speed now far exceeds their minimum requirement, but I am paying a fairly high price for that “ultimate” upgrade. 

I am puzzled as to no response, but then I remembered an earlier post about their letting people go, among them, the human resources person.  Don’t know if that person in the posts was the one I have been in contact with, but what I do know is that if she is, I have to ask the question, is anyone at Keystrokes monitoring that email?  We’re not just numbers, we’re human beings, most of us in need of a job.  Now, I have an early termination fee with my previous provider, which I will deal with, but certainly after my jumping through hoops, I at least deserve some kind of response, even if it is, all the job were filled by the time you got your new provider. 

Have we lost common decency and courtesy in this country, or am I just so old I remember a different time and place?  To have your emails ignored, even if a person leaves a company, when you, in good faith, earnestly worked to meet the requirements of a prospective employer leaves a bad taste in one’s mouth because the company could have had someone monitoring that email.  If this is the person who was terminated, and Keystrokes has no one monitoring that email, then it shows the lack of professionalism on the part of Keystrokes.  Guess I worked too long for my former Fortune 500 company.  Perhaps my expectations are set too high.  Do I really think after 16 years being an MT that MTSOs today are professional?  Far from it, not even close.  Yet, they demand perfection from us and are willing to pay us chicken feed to get it. Ignoring you is at their discretion.

when does KS ever knwo what they are doing? - I bought extra RAM because they said so and

[ In Reply To ..]
did not need it. They are a mess over there. Sorry that happened to you, I was only out 30 bucks, but still - that's a lotta groceries...

And that was before their management shave. Glad I left. I think you got lost in the shuffle of things and no one over there cares.

They MADE me by extra RAM also. The IT - usually pleasant

[ In Reply To ..]
expert must like to throw his weight around is all I can figure. When installed, he asked me "isn't that faster?". It wasn't faster. I think they are letting you know at the beginning that they are going to push you around. I left very soon after starting. For me, it was a horrible place to work.

I received an email from them saying that they were behind on processing resumes and IT. sm - Keystrokes Applicant

[ In Reply To ..]
I did receive another email today about which positions were filled and which were still available. The old HR person was "J".

From what I can tell from the emails and from the number of people who looked at their ad, I am sure they are swamped.

They are answering emails. I would send it again. The one I have been sending to is HR@KeystrokesMT.com, just like their ad says.

Thanks for your response sm - FrustratedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I will forward copies to HR of the emails back and forth I have received from "K." I thought she was HR??

I know that the one let go was "J" but I am sure they have more than one HR person. nm - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I will not miss "J". She did not like me for some reason and was not very nice.
They have burned many over the years. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They lie and hide behind each other. It is a shame, but keep in mind the word phony....and you were warned.
adding to above - become a pet, they like their pets. - not just HR that are phony.
[ In Reply To ..]
As for their IT department - they really need to spend more time tweaking their accounts instead of sending new MTs to Best Buy.
New Computer! - Been There
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't feel bad! I worked for them on a very large account. My computer crashed ~ spent a week with my IT guy trying to fix it. Couldn't do it so had to buy a new computer. Keep KS and my supervisor informed every step of the way each day. Had a long conversation with my supervisor when I found out I would have to purchase a new computer to the tune of $800.00 to get back up and running. Got the new computer and was called the next day to say the account I was working on had gone to VR! Really? You didn't know that BEFORE I bought this new computer? Truly ridiculous and the last straw for me with Keystrokes!

Similar Messages:

Hi Kiki, Your Earlier Post
Dec 08, 2009

I know I saw one of your earlier posts about the shareholder's meeting, I just can't find it now.  There are some very interesting things in there, which is why I recommended  to read it carefully.  You can Google these people for background before voting. ...

To Clarify My Earlier Post, About Inquiring To Newspapers....
Aug 19, 2013

After reading the replies, seems what I meant to say was misconstrued. When I decide to inquire to e-newspapers about exposing MModal, I meant trying to get the message out about Americans' private information going overseas, as the main point.  Ragging on how horrible the company would be just a side thing.  If people don't speak out, things don't change.  American women would not be able to vote if those strong, outspoken women way back didn't fight for that ...

Oh No ....... BIG TSM Layoff .....
Oct 21, 2014

Just got the call.  My TSM of many years is gone as of the 2nd week in November.  Here is what I know from a very long conversation.  Almost HALF of the western region's TSMs got the call this week ... if you are in the western region you may want to find out if your TSM is one of them.  If you are in the eastern region, you may have already lost a few but there are more layoffs coming.  When all the layoffs are done, there will only be about half a dozen managers ...

Layoff And Unemployment
Apr 04, 2013

beyond smarmy, they terminated the part time MTs because when they apply for unemployment (and they are without question able to get it because their jobs were eliminated) they will find the govt will document the last five quarters of their employment and base their rate of pay on a percentage of that.  This will probably reflect a very low rate of unemployment insurance compensation that no one can live on, and thus not apply for unemployment.  BUT if enough people do get unemploymen ...

MModal Layoff
Aug 18, 2013

I was just terminated on August 15, 2013 and I am so glad I found this website.  I am grateful there is somewhere to vent how angry and frustrating the handling of this was done.  In the beginning I thought where do I turn now.  I just started dismanteling all of the equipment, when I really just wanted to throw it out the window.  Friday, I applied for unemployment and will try looking for a new job.  I do feeling like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders becaus ...

Optiscript Layoff Due To Nuance
Aug 03, 2014

taking biggest account.  Two weeks ago, Opti lost their last Nuance-generated account back to Nuance, which was their biggest, and then let some MTs go due to lack of work, even if they weren't on the account lost (which is just a weed out process to keep only their best or those with CMT-which is not fair if you held up your end of the bragain from the beginning). This brings Opti down to skeleton accounts, (4 or 5) which usually don't have any work. TTS is the last to contrac ...

Checked My Voicemails - No Layoff Call DANGIT
Jul 26, 2013

I honestly hope I get a call! Between PELL and TAA benefits, I might actually be able to pay some bills! LOL.....pray for me to get a call please! I wonder if we can request it??? ...

Can Any Long Time "Keystrokers" Answer A Question
Sep 06, 2012

Considering going back, but wasn't there long enough to find out the first time.  The pay they are offering is pretty low.  Just wondering if that will be the best I can expect from them.  Thanks!  ...

Finishing Andrews Earlier?
Mar 20, 2015

I see that on the Andrews website, the average time to finish the coding course is 12 months. I have lots of time to devote to the course, and it would be nice to finish it earlier. Has anyone here finished the course earlier? How long did it take you? How many hours a week did you devote to it? ...

Hyperhidrosis - S/l Any Inciting Earlier Factors
Apr 05, 2012

Not sure after or... Her episodes do not have any particular relationship to stress or s/l any inciting earlier factors... ...

Rumor Earlier In 2012 That Transtech Was Going To
Jan 15, 2013

be acquired.  Did that ever happen?  Is it going to?  Already been through 2 acquisitions and don't want to do it again, so want to know Transtech status before possibly applying.  Any info?  Thanks ...

Earlier Talk About Keeping Your Office Under
Jun 12, 2013

A few weeks ago there was talk about people thinking we should keep our work/office under lock and key, that someone was going to be showing up and because of the HIPAA law, we would be in big trouble, prosecuted, arrested, whatever. I have something to run past those that were posting. Ok, so today I take my husband to have a procedure done. I am called back to his room as he is awakening and there are 2 people sharing this room with a drawn curtain between them. The doctor comes in to talk ...

TTS Keeps Advertising. I Applied Earlier This Year Sm
Apr 03, 2014

I took their test and passed.  I emailed them several times. They contacted me once and said they were filling full time positions first (I want part time to begin because I want to see before I commit to 40 hours a week if I can make money).  I have worked for a teaching hospital for 30 years. Oh well. If they contact me now, I'll say "NO, THANK YOU!!" ...

Weird Ad Overlapping Dictation Earlier.
Oct 06, 2014

Before the crash, I was in the middle of a report when an ad for an animal shelter came on, encouraging adopting a pet.  It played over and over, drowning out the dictator's voice.  I thought I had triggered it somehow, but couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.  I tried to ignore it, but it was hard to hear the dictation, so I hit "Abandon."  Suddenly, the overlapping voice stopped.  Yay!  I was able to cancel the abandon and finish the report.  S ...

We Had A Discussion Earlier About Unpaid Work
Jun 07, 2015

And I was told that they "give" you extra in each report. I had a no dictation report and the line count is 0.02 of a line. Is that what you deem satisfactory for the unpaid work we do? ...

I Saw Him Earlier Because Of These Blisters On His Hand, Which I Felt Was S/l Pompholyx To Do (see M
Jan 01, 2012

I saw him earlier because of these blisters on his hand, which I felt was s/l pompholyx to do and he responded well to topical steroids. ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Postdischarge, Post-discharge, Or Post Discharge?
Nov 14, 2011

Which one do you guys use?  I find it all 3 ways on the net, with no clear indication as to what's correct.  Thx.   ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

Post Op?
Nov 21, 2009

Hi everyone!  Just a quick question.  Is it post op or postop?  Have had this changed both ways recently and have never had this questioned before and am now second guessing myself.  Thanks! ...

There Was A Post Regarding IC/Emp And IRS That Was
May 11, 2010

It was a post that very clearly stated some IRS stuff and some case law, I believe?  There is a group of us who worked for a company and pretty much all of us got burned!  And we're talking tens of thousands of dollars collectively in one month!  So, I am doing some reasearch to see if this former company violated the IC status by paying an hourly wage and need some concrete stuff to make my case.  I tried an archive search, but that didn't work.  It was just w ...

PTO And My Former Post
Jul 13, 2011

After so many questioned my former post, I reviewed MQ's PTO policy.  They state a maximum of 18 days for full-time employees which is 3 days more than I was offered when I last worked full-time (after 30 years).  For those of you who say you are getting 22 or 28 days - I don't know how you managed it but consider yourselves lucky.  I  hope you continue to get it.  And by the way, when I take time off now it is unpaid (as a flexible part-time employee) and was ...

Not Sure Where To Post This, But I Need To Know
Oct 04, 2011

how to stop an abbreviation from expanding in Emdat.  I cannot find it in the manual or on the help screen.  Please help!!  TIA ...

Where To Post?
Jul 18, 2012

I have a 3rd edition BOS W/ electronic version that I want to get rid of. I can't seem to find a for sale board. Where would I post it or is that not allowed here? ...

From The Post Below, About MTs
Aug 17, 2012

http://hdstoday.com/?tag=mmodal Below are highlights of the news article In light of the One Equity Partners purchase of M*Modal, I predicted that within the next 12 to 18 months we may see OEP turn around and sell off M*Modal’s speech recognition technology to the likes of Microsoft, especially if Apple spends some of its cache of cash on Nuance. A $12 billion buyout of Nuance by Apple would dwarf the $1.2 billion M*Modal acquisition, and it would also put control of a huge chunk o ...

Had To Post This One
Feb 05, 2013

ASR respirations 17 culprit organism Dicatate respiratons 17 per minute you just cant make this stuff up ...

BOS Job Post
Mar 27, 2014

anyone heard back from them.   ...