A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inscribe - why all the "dislikes" - sm

Posted: Jan 01, 2014

I am wondering why all the "dislikes" for this company on the job seeker's board. Do they hire for IC or employee status? If anyone currently works there, I would love to hear what you like or do not like about working for them. Thanks.

yeah I wanna know too. I read their ad, it was rather extreme. - like they were trying really hard.

[ In Reply To ..]

I was hired by them a couple years ago...sm - Tanya

[ In Reply To ..]
...but they were so unorganized I ended up never going to work. They scheduled my install and start dates, then kept putting it off. When I complained, the woman snarled at me that I should be happy they hire people with no experience, to which I pointed out I have 30 years. Obviously she had no idea who she was talking to and assumed it was just another lowly peon.

Everybody made 7 cpl, no matter how much experience you have, with no chance for an increase. I finally said to heck with it and moved on. I had to purchase a special foot pedal they required as the regular Infinity one wouldn't work with their program and ended up losing $50 on that as the company I bought it from wouldn't take it back. Ended up selling it on eBay.

All in all, not an enjoyable experience.

Was that for IC? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember reading at some point that they only hire ICs. If so, that's a pretty low rate. Also, do they use speech rec?
It was IC if I remember right...sm - Tanya
[ In Reply To ..]
Straight typing, but they had some deal with the MT using Dragon to re-dictate the reports which was supposed to be able to increase production which is why they pay so little. I had only taken the job to keep the wolves at the door until I found something else that paid better.
InScribe - MTking
[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for them, it was strictly straight typing and the whip was cracking constantly. WHen I started to make too much money there, they made life hell for me and I just finally had to up and quit. There is usually a lack of work, but again, it's been a while since I worked for them. I have nothing but bad memories.

Pretty Much Same - as Tanya

[ In Reply To ..]
Spent a few hours starting the install, never finished, never got an answer when I asked about it.

Just as well. I wasn't wild about someone w/ remote access to my PC who wouldn't tell me what he was installing, modifying, etc.

InScribe - MTKing

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for InScribe for almost 3 years when they were just getting off the ground. It is an IC job and you get cheated out of pay and they also accuse you of cheating them when you bill them. They are very two faced, found out too late and expect you to work 24/7...Run and don't look back! If this is the one in North or South Carolina, this is the company I'm talking about. They used to be in KY, but had too many bill collectors on their tail and got out of there.

Similar Messages:

What Is With All Of The Dislikes....
Oct 31, 2012

to the new job posting for an OB/GYN transcriptionist that pays 10 cpl for straight typing?  That line rate is almost unheard of these days, for sure.  Perhaps it is because they are requesting a Certified Medical Transcriptionist?  I see there have been over 200 "lookers" too, and probably just as many responses.  I don't see anything to "dislike" about the ad, at all.  I wish there were more like it!  well, good luck to all who applied.  ...

So Why The Dislikes For
Jan 12, 2014

Something I should know before applying? ...

Softscript Likes/dislikes?--sm
Dec 21, 2009

Thinking about applying to Softscript.  If you have worked for them could you please tell me likes and/or dislikes? It says on their website they do not outsource, does anybody know if this is true or not? TIA!! ...

So By The Number Of Dislikes Already Posted, Does That Mean
Aug 21, 2012

that Happy Transcriptions and USA MedTran are one and the same? ...

USA MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST. WHY ALL THE DISLIKES?
Aug 20, 2012

I was thinking of applying since I'm looking for a day shift, but I saw 10 dislikes.  Any info? ...

13 Dislikes For General Transcription ICs
Feb 05, 2015

xx ...

When Giving Opinions Of Various Companies Whether Likes Or Dislikes
Aug 31, 2012

Most people are vague in their comments.  Give the details i.e. why you don't like the platform, why you don't like the benefits.  Or what type of benefits, how much you pay for the benefits, etc., how many vacation days you get, how is the vacation/sick pay calculated, hourly or average of lines, etc. ...

Would Whoever Dislikes Every Single Post Quit Reading Them!
Mar 03, 2015

. ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

Why All The "dislikes" For Rev On The Seeker's Board?
Jun 11, 2013

x ...

"Dislikes"
May 05, 2015

Just curious, I've noticed someone is "disliking" word help posts.  What in the world is there to dislike? ...

Inscribe, LLC In KY
Aug 11, 2010

Hi! I am curious about a job opening on another site for Inscribe, LLC in Murray, KY. I did a search and do not find much recent information on the company. Does anyone have any recent experience with this company? If so, what is your opinion? Good, bad, anything? The ad states they pay higher than many other companies and that there is no experience required? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Inscribe Anyone?
Sep 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the above platform.  The MTSO with whom I subcontract has offered to train me on this platform, but I'm completely unfamiliar with it.  Before I leap in and agree, I'd like to get some opinions of the platform and how MT friendly/unfriendly it may be. TIA for any info you can provide!  ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Inscribe? 
Dec 04, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Inscribe?  I am going to test for them and wondered if anyone has had experience with this company?  Thanks for reading this post. ...

Inscribe??
Feb 25, 2011

Does anyone have any CURRENT info on Inscribe? I tried searching the message boards, but do not see anything current posted.  Thanks!!! ...

InScribe US
Feb 27, 2011

Hello MTs! I recently submitted application and tests document to InScribe US and was informed that although I did "well" on the test, I was slightly below their standards. They have invited me to participate in their internship program, take 4 of their learning modules, and work with someone one-on-one to bring me up to their standards. This is to cost $400. Has anyone gone through this process? Is it a scam? I definitely know that more education will benefit me, but I am just looking for some ...

Inscribe, NO THANK YOU
Mar 08, 2011

Aced the test, almost 30 years experience in acute care, providing all my own equipment as an IC, their offer?  7 cpl.  thanks but no thanks. ...

Anyone Know About Inscribe?
Apr 05, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone out there works for Inscribe or has taken their test for employment. I took the test and it was incredibly hard with ESL dictators. In the email I received from them, along with turning me down was a shpeel on enrolling in their university. This made me wonder if it was ligit or what....... anyone know? ...

Anybody With Inscribe
Oct 13, 2011

Just spoke with them and they hire IC and say you can pretty much work whenever you want as long as you make minimum counts.  Pay is only .07 for typing or VR but they use own VR system that sounds interesting, you repeat what was dictated.  Any info on them would be helpful.  Thanks ...

InScribe, LLC In SC
Oct 20, 2011

I'm considering working for InScribe. If anyone who has worked there for a while, I'm curious as to how steady the work volume is. What's their policy for working on holidays? Any info would be appreciated. ...

InScribe, LLC, In SC
Oct 28, 2011

I'm a new grad MT and have been offered a job by InScribe. Training has been promised for almost 2 weeks, but they never call when promised.  Getting a little worried....esp when reading the negative stuff abt the company.  Does anyone have any advice?  (Other than "run"...that seems to come up quite often on here!  lol!) ...

Why Does The Inscribe Ad Say No MTs From CA?
Dec 02, 2012

nm. ...

Inscribe ?
Feb 13, 2013

Can I have some input on Inscribe please? Good, bad? ...

About Inscribe Of SC?
Apr 27, 2013

Has anyone worked for or know about Inscribe of SC?  ...

Inscribe? Does Anyone Know Much About Them?
Jan 07, 2014

Pay or work envirornment?  Thank you! ...

About InScribe... (sm)
Jan 31, 2014

I reviewed comments on InScribe going back to 2005 and the only positive comment I could find is that they pay on time.  A red flag was that they hire newbies and require that you go to an MT chat room and send the audio to another MT to listen to when you have to leave a blank before sending it to QA.  There was also a comment that you are required to read all the comments in the chat room.  Can anyone confirm this is the case?  If so, it sounds like they use the seasoned MT ...

InScribe LLC
Mar 02, 2015

Has anyone out there worked for InScribe LLC? How are they to work for? ...

Know Anything About Inscribe?
Mar 25, 2015

Anyone know anything about Inscribe? ...

Anyone Heard Of Inscribe & Know Anything About Them?
Jan 11, 2010

Still reseaching MT training programs.  Ever heard or know anything about Inscribe?  Know of anyone who works there or been thru their training? thx........ ...

Platform With Inscribe Out Of KY?
Feb 08, 2010

Was wondering what platform this company uses, does anyone know?  It is Inscribe out of Kentucky.  I've talked with two different people at the company and they are saying they don't know what platform they use.  However, a Dictaphone 15-pin foot pedal is required, so would that be ExText?  Thanks in advance.... ...