A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ImedX Transtech merger - Observation

Posted: Mar 05, 2014

I just realized something that hit me in the gut.  I so want to believe T in the conference call that nothing is going to change, 2 companies with mutual interest, blah, blah, blah.  She sounded so honest and confident in what she was saying.  Today I realized the FAQ sheet she provided on IMedX was very misleading.  She stated they are headquartered in Atlanta with 2 additional offices in Connecticut and Ohio.  She didn't mention (intentionally I can only imagine) they also have major office in India.  Why leave this info out?  Did she really think we weren't going to check out the iMedx website out in detail?  On the iMedx website, they don't even mention offices in Ohio and Connecticut, only Atlanta and India.  I'm not saying their aren't offices in Connecticut and Ohio, but obviously the one is India is a big deal since it is the only one listed on their website besides the Atlanta office.

It really makes me wonder what else she is hiding if she tried to hide something that was so obvious.  :(

I think plenty was left out - Scared at TT

[ In Reply To ..]
I heard from a friend who worked with a company iMedX took over, after a few weeks they fired everyone form the 'old' company. They are saying merger, i am hearing buyout, payroll changing almost immediately and they are NOT staying withTT payroll schedule past a few weeks.

There goes QA bonus - SadTTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Things are changing already, no more QA bonus :(

So much... - Really???

[ In Reply To ..]
...for no changes. I thought we would see NO changes for the foreseeable future? I guess that means 24 hours. **eyeroll**

QA bonus gone - Freedom to leave lots of blanks

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been very meticulous and will listen to blanks several times before I ever leave one, and honestly probably only actually send maybe 2 or 3 reports a week to QA (2 or more blanks). I search for every doctor's name mentioned in the report (unspelled, unfamiliar, slurred) on the internet to get correct spelling, making sure it matches to speciality mentioned, etc. In other words, doing everything I can to ensure a correct, professional document rather than leaving blanks. What a relief! I will be able to move much faster now that I have absolutely no incentive for being meticulous. Anything I'm not sure of ... blanks here I come! QA can handle it!

TT and ImedX - GrannyG

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh goodness. If TT sold out we all better get out for real. They are obviously trying to eeek out every penny left in the field of medical transcription by merging with ImedX. The owners of TT were cream of the crop in my opinion even though they are pretty hard nosed. I remember the days when TT would send out Christmas Amex gift certificates to all their MTs. The good old days indeed. It was a great company to work for. People you better ditch the sweats, put gas in the car and go scouting for a job. A job that pays more than minimum wage.

Let's talk about the welcome packet, shall we? - reading between the lines

[ In Reply To ..]

Some eye openers I found while reading the "welcome" packet from iMedX today...

"We stand for putting our customers first, treating people with respect, collaborating smoothly with our colleagues and partners, leveraging our diversity, and maintaining a fully inclusive workforce."

1.  "putting our customers first" 

This is the beat-all tell-all statement about what makes iMedX tick.  Their employees will never come first. 

2.  "leveraging our diversity" 

By leveraging, they mean power, force, control.  And by diversity, they mean their non-American overseas workforce. 

3.  "maintaining a fully inclusive workforce" 

Some random synonyms of "inclusive" are "wide-ranging" and "broad" -- again, referring to their overseas workforce. 

This made me laugh: 

"I trust this letter finds you mutually excited..." 

Doesn't this sound just like one of those emails from a Nigerian prince asking you to intercept money on their behalf? 

Nothing makes me see red more so than an administrative employee of a transcription company who doesn't know grammar from a hole in their butt:

"Jane Doe, along with myself and John Doe will be assisting with this transition." 

The missing conjunction word below between "through" and "end" hints that perhaps this wasn't written by someone who speaks English fluently.  If that's not the case, then this HR person needs a ghost editor to proof her work before sending it out to the masses:

"Your pay “dates” will remain unchanged through end of April."

Some confusing statements: 

"Our goal is to phase in our semi-monthly pay dates over a period of the next several months so as not to create a hardship for employees." 

The end of April is less than 2 months - or 4 paychecks - away... certainly a far cry from "several" months.

The truth becomes clear here:

"Your paid time off accruals will begin with this payroll cycle based on your years of service carried over from TransTech." 

In my mind, the wording "carried over" proves that this is not a merge but is a buyout, takeover -- whatever word suits you.

And then the blatant lie to close it out: 

"At the end of the day, companies are really about people – committed, talented, passionate people who want to be challenged, who want to do something meaningful and lasting, realize their full potential, and make a positive impact on their communities and the world.  That’s exactly what iMedX is all about."

Identify verification - Darkhorse

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to mention we have to submit two forms of picture ID no later than Friday even though we already did that when he hired on with TT. PLUS reapply for insurance during open enrollment. Sigh. Sending out resumes as we speak.

INSIDE SCOOP - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently an employee with TransTech. When I hired on, I was assured, that TransTech cared about their employees. I have been with them less than a year, but I asked before I joined if there was any chance of TransTech selling out, and I was assured "no way!" I was told recently by somebody that is higher up on the totem pole in management that TransTech has been losing accounts left and right to Nuance in the last 6 months and had no choice but to merge in order to stay a viable company, although NOT for 1 minute do I believe this is a merger. Yes, I attended the conference call. I believe this is a "buyout, pure and simple." I also know from a friend who worked for Medware for 12 years and was taken over by iMedX in 2012 that within 3-6 months of iMedx being in control all of my friend's original accounts dried up, my friend was placed on another platform, and within that same time frame my friend was given several new accounts, all horrible accounts.
Agreed - Brooke
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree 100% that this is a full-blown acquisition of TransTech by IMedX and NOT just a merger. If they were just merging, why would IMedX be taking over payroll, PTO, insurance benefits, 401k, and asking for 2 forms of ID from all current TransTech employees? The conference call yesterday was a complete lie and I knew it would be before it even started. I've been in this field for too long to believe a single word that was said. They must think we're all incredibly stupid if they expect us to believe all of the crap they were spoon feeding us about nothing changing. I want absolutely nothing to do with IMedX and I certainly will NOT send them my identification. I definitely will be leaving.
inside scoop - fingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes people, expect change. IMedx took over our company a year ago. Best paying accounts went to their people. Currently, my regular account has been flooded with overhiring and now the work has mysteriously dried up. No incentive bonuses will be coming any longer. Being told to change schedule to be more accommodating but still not nearly enough work. They originated out of India so pretty good idea where the work is going. This was also, a "buyout" but the writing is on the wall and again, will probably be looking for work with a different company. I have been in transcription for a good 20+ years and thinking it is time to retire or find another vocation!

Yes, the ID thing is redundant - I hate my life

[ In Reply To ..]
I fail to see why they can't just have the TT HR dept send over all of our hire documents. This is just another indicator that this is a takeover and not a merger.

Priceless observations - Researcher

[ In Reply To ..]
You deserve an award for your priceless perception and ability to see what is actual truth from their deceptive language. Good job!

Imedx Transtech merger writing was on the wall - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been scheming for months now. Having been through one of these "mergers" previously, it is now so clear.
Why such a hurry to convert payroll to Scriptwire when they are the company who developed the failed MT Monitor that Transtech allegedly stopped using, although when signing in to timesheets it is exactly the same as using MT Monitor. Transtech payroll people will probably disappear rather rapidly.
Why all the stories about slow/no work when in reality it was probably being sent overseas for months. Definitely explains some of the vanishing work from pools right before your eyes. The oncology account Imedx is hiring for is probably the horrendous one that Transtech was always forced to keep posting.
Transtech has operated very consistently with Nuance practices and should further investigation be done, it would not surprise if it could be traced to being a Nuance entity all along and now one in which they feel safe letting their customers know that they send work overseas. Clients looking for a USA only workforce soon will not find that option with any transcription company and they will be forced to partake in the only game in town. Waiting for M*Modal to go next into this Imedx swamp, and other smaller companies, so they will be pretty much the only game in town. SilenType MTs, etc., take heed.

MT, About the oncology account... - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you tell me the problems with that oncology account? How about the platform, ESLs, lousy dictators, no work, low pay, lots of free labor required or all of the above?

I've been considering applying, but only as I'm desperate for work.

Thanks!

Oncology account - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not so sure it is the same oncology account because I believe iMedX is advertising for a clinic oncology account, and the one with TransTech is an acute care account...at least that is what I remember when I applied a while back...feel free to correct me if I am wrong...at this point have not done much more research to verify this info...feel free to correct me if you know more.
Thanks Midnight Rider. (nm) - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]

Rose-oncology account - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Rose, if it is the same account it is/was:
On Fluency-strike 1.
Horrible dictators-strike 2.
Primarily, although it is supposed to be oncology, you're doing acute care-strike 3.
Check the archives here from July 2013.
Thanks MT & Midnight. Appreciate the info. (nm) - Rose
[ In Reply To ..]

TT Oncology account - Been There

[ In Reply To ..]
The oncology account had a very efficient platform at one time. Then somehow M*Modal managed to get their foot in the door with their inferior platform, which caused everybody's production to go down. The speech engine could not even spell Texas. And, my goodness,"pelvic exoneration?" Meds misspelled, punctuation absent. A person could have as high as 3 edits per line on that platform. TT was such a good company at one time and most have gotten eaten up by the greedy corporate system. But, they should have been honest with those working for them and not used the MTs in the scheme of things just to cover their own losses.

SO NOW, how large is IMedx? - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
Supposedly, IMedx is one of the largest medical transcription services in the United States. IMedx is headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut, with offices in Ohio and India, and yet on that same page, IMedx | LinkedIn, says the company size is 501-1000 employees. It is interesting that practically all companies claim to be the third largest medical transcription company. TransTech was somewhere between 400 and 500 employees before the buyout, so now IMedx is around 1400 to 1500 employees, and I say so what! when you compare any of these "wanna be the third largest company" to 12,000 employees each by Nuance and M*Modal!!!

TT Merger - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What has D. in mgmt. said about this?

Not a dammm thing - Complacency Kills

[ In Reply To ..]
In all honesty, you have to believe that the admin dept at TT is shaking in their boots. If any of them have been through this kind of thing before, then they likely already know what's coming and are scrambling to do something else before the ball drops and they are left without employment. For those admin peeps who think their jobs are safe, well I feel sorry for them.

Merger - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they already have. Didn't we see once before on this board where they came from L&H or somewhere? One has to feel sorry for the IT people at TT, what will happen to them?
I do feel sorry for the IT Dept at TTMS - soon to be ex-TTMS
[ In Reply To ..]
I like the people in the IT dept better than anyone else at TTMS. They've always responded to my help emails or phone calls 10 times faster than my own dept head and they are always so pleasant and fun. This "merger" is going to affect everyone at TTMS whether they are willing to believe it or not. We will all be gone before long to make room for the sand people.
Merger - fingers
[ In Reply To ..]
Losing our IT people was really hard. They were kept on for about 6 months and then let go but don't expect them to stay with ImedX.
Yes, the IT people were excellent. Now it will be from you know where. BLAH! Nm - Run over
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I feel so bad for them - Worried

[ In Reply To ..]
D has been with the company for about 12 years. I'd feel horrible if anything were to happen to her. When I went through this same thing with another company, management/administrative staff were the first to go and then the MTs started dropping like flies. This is just horrible.
Wondering - Mad Marge
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you guys talking about TransTech Medical Solutions in Houston, Texas doing this merger?
Yes.....n/m - Sigh
[ In Reply To ..]
XX

ImedX Transtech merger - barbiedollxz

[ In Reply To ..]
D. has only sent e-mails telling us what are losing as of yet. One person I haven't heard mentioned on here is E. It's not lost on me that we got the e-mail about E. just a week or so ago. Maybe she knew what was coming and decided she wasn't ready to deal with it. This whole situation makes me sick as I have been at TT a while and loved the fact they didn't outsource and loved the admin people there.

I thought of her just this afternoon. It sounded like she (sm) - Ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
was sick, but who knows. Maybe you are right. I especially like D and the IT people, especially A. They are GREAT

she is - ttmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Recovering from serious illness and has not jumped ship.
Hate this is happening - barbiedollxz
[ In Reply To ..]
I kind of thought that, but I threw it out there because it was so close to this merger announced and I know E. was always against anything offshore work. I always loved working with D. and E. before things changed so drastically a few years ago.

Already been through this - cbm30

[ In Reply To ..]
I've already been through this mess once in 2012. We transitioned to another large MTSO. They SUCKED! I was ready to quit when the facility I was working with decided they didn't like Nuance's quality and switched to TTM. So in the last 2 years, I've been with my same account (they wanted me to stay with them) and have been in 3 different companies. This is my 4th. I know this is going to be like the other MTSO and when all the "nonchanges" occur, I'm probably going to be quitting. I'll be definitely looking outside the MT business. It's all gone to pot anymore.

Ex-IMEDX - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for Medware, who was taken over by IMedX. Within 1 year, the changes were done. We lost some of the best team leaders, and then they got rid of the manager who was over those team leaders. One day they were there, and the next day they were gone without warning. Went from straight typing to VR, which cut my pay by 1/2. I really feel sorry for anyone who works for TT. All of the good accounts disappeared and the work that was left was garbage. I had to quit because I couldn't afford to work for them any more. I just wish I would have left sooner. They were also told that nothing would change. Edited this to add that most of the MTs were let go too. All they wanted was the accounts so they could send the work to India. The accounts they kept were the ones that even VR couldn't understand.

It's ALREADY BEGINNING - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
I work 2nd shift for TransTech and for the last 8 weeks there has been little to no work on my primary account, which is a huge account. Also, there has been practically no work as well on by back-up account. Ten minutes ago, I received an email from my supervisor saying there is NO WORK on either of the accounts. Explanation is that it is because of the weather, and as soon as spring arrives, everything will be back to normal! From my experience of 25-years plus, March is usually one of the busiest seasons there is for this industry, and now NO WORK?????

We must be on the same accounts - Worrying

[ In Reply To ..]
This is getting really scary. It's never this slow. Blaming the weather is the biggest crock. We all know what's really going on behind the scenes. Time to polish up my resume....

Ditto your thoughts - 2nd shifter (sm) - dust

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on probably on the same accounts as you two, got that same email from D this afternoon, and no work for the last over an hour. Was hoping I was reading too much into it.

Please, let us find other jobs SOON so we can jump ship with life rafts :P
:( :(

why accounts are low? - sadmt

[ In Reply To ..]

But hang on a sec.  I'd be shocked if TT's accounts were taken over by India this quickly.  I'm thinking that many of their clients actually chose TransTech BECAUSE they don't outsource.  Of course, I have no idea what would be in one of those contracts but I'm guessing that maybe, in the case of a buyout or some other change of ownership, TransTech would have to notify their clients and maybe even get their okay in order to ship their work overseas??  I'm just saying that if I were the one having TT do my work and they suddenly had a change in ownership with overseas MTs, I'd make sure there was some kind of protection for my patients in my contract.

My guess, and that's all it is, is that if iMedX were to make any kind of changes to accounts, etc., they wouldn't be doing it for at least 2 or 3 months.  No, I'm having a hard time believing that the techies in India are THAT good to pull work in just a matter of days. 

My experience with a company sending work offshore . . . - Just my 2 cents

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked in the transcription department of our local hospital, I often had to search the archived downloads of transcribed reports sent to us from our transcription company. In those archives, I could see the actual names of the transcriptionists who did the reports, and I became quite familiar with the names of the transcriptionists who usually did our work. One day, I noticed a new name, which was an Indian-sounding name, as one of the transcriptionists. On checking further, I found that a couple weeks earlier, ALL of the reports had gone from having been typed by transcriptionists with American-sounding names to transcriptionists with Indian-sounding names. I reported this to our medical records director, and she was quite surprised. The company had not told her of the change--they just did it. After the fact, they "justified" it by saying that the completed reports were QA'd by US transcriptionists. Nevertheless, our patients' medical files/personal information was available to all the offshore workers to do with as they pleased.
That's the absolute biggest factor... - sending our health info overseas
[ In Reply To ..]
These companies are releasing much more than just our health info - our SSNs and anything anyone might need to assume our identities or create havoc. It's just a horrible idea and I can't believe our govt allows it.

Midnite Rider - Facts

[ In Reply To ..]
TT does not have exclusive contract with many of these accounts. They are shared with M*Modal, et al. The MTSO with the most push is going to get the work. M*Modal will volley to have their MTs on their lousy platform get the work. Nasty business. Prayers for management and the supervisors. In fact, prayers for everybody.

TO TOP IT OFF! - Midnite Rider

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, on second shift, NOT only is there nil to NO WORK, all I am getting are the CRAPPY dictators! Prior to coming to TransTech, I had worked on my primary for 3-1/2 years, and I KNOW from experience that there are tons of good dictators. Where did they all go in a matter of approximately 8 weeks????

ImedX is a monster - MT12345

[ In Reply To ..]
Our company was "taken over" by Imedx almost 2 years ago. The work is going to India. We were lied to and told nothing would change. My primary account was transferred into their VR software, then gradually given to their Indian people over a period of about 6 months to a year. Their VR platform is horrible. It does not learn diddly squat. Its only good for repetitive things like op notes but forget other stuff that is not repetitive. We are not told anything about where the work is going. It just dries up and disappears...but we all know where it went...they should be ashamed of themselves. I've been MT for 13 years and never has it been this bad...

Similar Messages:

Imedx/TransTech Merger
Aug 12, 2014

An MT (or supervisor) was kind enough several days ago to come on this website and share the inside info she had about events occurring in the near future such as accounts, some of which I believe are accounts that support my family, going offshore.  I appreciate that MT very much stepping forward.  I and others have since asked some questions which have not been answered, maybe because the thread was several days old when the questions were asked or perhaps that MT hasn't come ba ...

Imedx Merger
Jul 31, 2014

My company "merged" with Imedx several months ago.  Here is my question to those who have had their company merge with Imedx:  What happens if/when your account goes to India?  Does the account slowly phase out or is it just one day gone? Can I expect honesty about what is going on or will the higher ups just act like they are oblivious and they have no idea why that account suddenly dried up?    ...

EMTS And IMedX Merger
Jul 30, 2012

I am very concerned about this merger (EMTS emloyee).  Since it occurred, our work load has been very low so, of course, I am wondering if iMedX employees are getting some of our work?  Extremely worried.  Anyone else having the same issue? ...

Sad To Hear Of IMedx/TT Merger
Mar 06, 2014

At least I still have my Avon, lol ...

Company Merger With Imedx
Jul 24, 2014

Our company recently merged with imedx.  Will we lose our employee status and become ICs? ...

IMEDX Company Merger Question
Aug 15, 2014

Can anyone comment as to when Imedx took over your company how things changed.  Anticipating changes now for TT as the line rate is good with bonuses, etc.   Will Imedx change pay rates?   Will MTs no longer be employee status but have to change status to IC? ...

TransTech/IMedX
Aug 28, 2014

i worked for IMedX after having my baby and the whole experience went poorly.  I see now they have merged with TransTech.  I'd like to give TransTech a try now that Danny is older,. but since they have merged with a company I have failed with, would I have a chance in hell to get hired?  Thank you! ...

Flunked IMedX - Could I Get Into TransTech
Sep 11, 2014

hi i either quit imedx or else got fired i needed a TAH BSO at the time and my health was poor. now that i am wanting to go back to work i see that these two cos have merged.  am i going to have trouble getting a transtech job due to a brief and unfortunate exp. at imedx? thanks for your help.  getting sick of living off my hub. -mae ...

Imedx Email, Used To Be Transtech.
Nov 03, 2014

I'm trying to set up email with Imedx. I've been on the phone twice with their help desk and finally they gave me the website to go to and to use my first initial and last name and he gave me the password to use until I changed it, but when I enter my name and the password, I get an error message. I tried the whole Imedx email, my first name, first initial and last name, got an error each time. Can someone please help me out here, so I don't have to call back as I had trouble u ...

TransTech Solutions Merging With IMedX....sm
Mar 03, 2014

Just found out my company of a year, TransTech in Houston, TX, is merging with iMedX.  I've been liking TransTech.  Plenty of work for the most part, decent pay as an employee.  Not crazy about the Fluency platform, but I can deal with it.  Anyway, just got email stating that not much is going to change despite merger.  TransTech is a smaller company that doesn't hire outside of U.S.  I'm pretty sure that iMedX operates globally.  A shame if this ...

Account That TransTech/Imedx Just Lost
Dec 09, 2014

We were told it went to a competitor and that the client just decided to move in a different direction.  Can anyone verify this to be truth?  Or did it really go to India and we are just being told it went to a competitor.  Also, does anyone know how many MTs are going to have to be dispersed amongst other primary accounts? ...

ImedX/TransTech Holiday 2015
Dec 10, 2014

Has anyone heard anything about choosing holidays for 2015 with ImedX/TransTech?  Last year I remember getting the initial emails in October, but this year haven't seen or heard a thing...Seems kinda fishy... ...

Superior Global And TransTech Acquired By IMedx
Jul 22, 2014

Has anyone else heard about these deals?  ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Imedx And Moderator At MT Stars, Plz Ignore All Employees/posters Of Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

Moderator, please delete everything on your site that refers to Imedx, even this post of mine, it is only the right thing to do. I prefer to be angry and have no where to vent. Last week we were told by Op Mgr that "she has a call into the client about why volume is so low." Yesterday, we got a "yippee" from "her" about having a coupla hundred jobs ready. This morning, we got an email saying, "we need to make sure you have backup accounts now." I wont address the timesheet issue, I am still ...

RE: MDI Merger - Could Have Sworn. . .
Nov 24, 2009

I heard or read somewhere the everyone was getting a half cent pay cut, whether part-time or full-time.  I was cut a full cent - so I'm guessing I must have heard/read this wrong.  ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

SA3 Merger Problems
Feb 01, 2010

Anyone else in SA3 having problems with this merger?  My first job after we switched to the combined South area with a new log in # came up completed by someone else.  Called my manager and she said her phone is riinging off the hook with people telling her the same thing.  She does not know what the problem is, has to investigate. My CCM is great, I know she will inform us as soon as she knows, but in the meantime if these jobs keep coming up completed and all I do is upload ...

SA3 Has Merger Problems. What About SA5?
Feb 01, 2010

Do you have work?  Able to get into backlog?  Running out of work?      ...

DTS/Transcend Merger
Mar 03, 2011

I came in with the merger of MDI a year+ ago.  I almost got an ulcer reading some of these posts, seriously.  While you must consider what you see here, especially when there is an abundance of similar opinions, be aware, a small percentage of the company's MTs post here.  I will offer my advice.  Treat it like a death of a spouse.  Mourn your loss and look towards the future.  Don't make any big changes for 1 year, or at minimum 4-6 months.  Go with ...

Transcend Merger
Mar 10, 2012

Here's a link to the merger agreement.  WARNING:  This is not for the faint at heart! www.hotstocked.com/8-k/transcend-services-inc-new-TRCR-1378652.html ...

Will I Be Able To Keep My Schedule With The Merger?
Mar 30, 2012

I guess this is just a question to those who have been part of a Nuance merger in the past.  Were you able to keep the schedule you were working before the merger, or were you herded into the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift spots?  I work split shift over two of them right now.  Anyone allowed to keep working M-F after a merger? I suppose I'm mainly wondering if I can continue to pick my own random schedule after the Trasncend merger is complete. ...

OEP Merger With MModal
Aug 21, 2012

Anybody notice merger of MModal with One Equity Partners?  OEP invests in transactions that promote strategic and operating change, creating long-term value......  what does that mean. Sounds like a redo of our company getting rid of things and people they don't like...   ...

Why Is It When There Is A Merger Everything Goes To S**T For The Employee?
Jan 02, 2014

s ...

Merger....very Worried!
Aug 22, 2014

Well I was in the West regeon.  The big "merger" of accounts took place on Monday the 18th.  Well...by Wednesday I started to get the "no jobs allocated" message.  I am really hoping this is not going to be a trend.  All of the work must have seriously gone offshore...if not, where is it?  This doesn't look good...  ...

If It Looks Like IMEDX, Talks Like IMEDX, It Is IMEDX
Feb 28, 2015

No one on this board seems to give specifics when they get canned from IMEDX. So my question is this: Can each person who got laid off/fired let us know more details. Were you PT or full time, did they call or did they email, did you have options, or just firing. How many lines did you do per day. Some of us may not be in your situation and you may have been just an employee that was not worth IMEDX's time and they got rid of you while they may keep all the others, or full timers. Details p ...

Merger Going Between DTS America And Transcend?
Apr 29, 2011

So how is the merger going between DTS America and Transcend?  Is Transcend keeping the promise that nothing will change - pay - accounts?  Just curious..... ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Medquist/M*Modal Merger
Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts. ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...