A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just have to say SS is the most frustrating company I have ever - worked for regarding work flow, sm

Posted: Feb 14, 2013

All the e-mails about helping out on other accounts if you are without work.  Some of my jobs have a 12, 48, etc. turn around time.  Is it really necessary to always be typing an hour behind these docs.  Good  grief.  This is so aggravating.  Who wants to try to learn 20 accounts with hundreds of different dicators, not to mention you'll never learn the cities and different names of different locations, etc. for a city because you're always moving on to some other city.  Just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

As much as I hate OTI right now, I hated SS more, so I understand. nm - Good luck.

[ In Reply To ..]
mt

I completely agree, and you also have to learn the account specs - which is a task in itself....

[ In Reply To ..]
And if you make a format error, you will "immediately be pulled from the account." Really? If you are just helping out, how are you supposed to get anything done when you are constantly checking the specs? I hated SS for that reason

Doing client tasks on top of it - Hapless

[ In Reply To ..]
On 1 overflow account, you have to work from a poorly xeroxed (yes that old technology) copy of their surgical sheet and the other day they sent it upside down. If we could change a bedpan remotely, I guess they'd send us that, too.

Couldn't agree more - SS-ified

[ In Reply To ..]
What amazes me is that you can have 10-15 accounts and still run out of work on a regular basis. In my opinion it all boils down to the "people in charge" being either too dense or too lazy to work out a proper schedule and account setup. We're paying for their inadequacies/laziness every single day. For once I wish they would be held accountable by SOMEONE!

Agreed! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at night. I would see daytime emails regarding my accounts and how they were so behind people needed to be pulled to help out. Obviously, everyone would help out during the day and by the time it was my turn to work I am sitting there twiddling my thumbs waiting for work, even switching between about 10 different accounts.

IMO, they need to stop firing all of the MTs and take a look at management and the part they play is causing so many MTs to lose their jobs.

We are Charlie Brown - They are Lucy with the football

[ In Reply To ..]
It's exactly as you described. There is this "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" mentality where everyone is supposed to hop on for "overtime" (hahahahaha) which most of the time lasts for about 30 minutes. Then it's "Thanks guys! We've caught up. Overtime is cancelled!" And then when your shift rolls around there's nothing left to type.

Fed up - with SS

[ In Reply To ..]
I will be gone from this company too very shortly as I have something else lined up. I did not make any money at all this week, and I'll tell ya these QAs suck too. The way the emails never gets answered either is something else. I call a production manager and this person never returns my calls, so screw them is what I say! I was on a new account "never done before of course" and the idiot is in there changing things around with nasty little notes.

QAs - SS

[ In Reply To ..]
You know I caught some QA mistakes and sent them onto the QA managers and they told me I was right and this happened on 2 occasions. Tired of correcting their mistakes.

yeah, I don't get it, always typing on different accounts and taking - the work from those people as well, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Since they have their accounts covered so well, you would think they would just let the transcriptionists on those accounts make some money. I guess they feel an hour or two turnaround time is what they need to give to their clients. I think this job is a big disappointment. You can't make their incentive as there isn't enough work to do that with and the pay really isn't that great. I guess a part-time job along with SoftScript might do the trick but with all the harping about getting on and making sure you tell someone you have no work and doing all these different accounts might preclude that. I still haven't figured out why anyone would want to work 7 days a week to make this lousy money. If it wasn't for the way they have their accounts setup with NJA all the time, I actually would have liked the place.

They must advertise a two-hour turnaround or something. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They would send out the lists of how many reports were on each account and my accounts would have the amount of work that I know I personally could have completed in my 8-hour shift. BUT, they would send out the "distress signal" and within 20 minutes or so, all of my work would be taken and I would be left with none. I would then have to wait until a "distress signal" would come for a different account and jump in there and get some lines that I know I was taking from another unfortunate MT like myself.

They panic - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never worked for a company like them before. When I worked for other companies, a distress signal would be called when there were hundreds of dictations getting ready to go out of TAT. With SS, I would get an email for "ALL HANDS ON BOARD," but the stats they would send out would indicate there were 20 jobs. I mean if 5 MTs could type 4 reports each, ,that is not really a distressing time to me. There was constant panic. In 5 minutes, you could go from panic regarding "tons of work" to no work at all.

Finally quit - OMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Ridiculous company. Worst company I've ever worked for in 20 years. Horrible platform. Horrible "support" staff. I could go on and on, but no need because I found another job.

I left too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
their mentoring program is a JOKE!!!! They gave me a mentor who went on a one-week vacation 2 days after I started. The platform is laughable at best. For whatever reason, they don't like to give PTO either.

Similar Messages:

So Frustrating
Dec 02, 2011

I am coming up on 2 years experience and now I'm seeing a lot of  jobs that want at least 3 years. Is this some kind of joke?  ...

Ever Have A Job That Was Just So Frustrating?
Sep 07, 2012

I know it takes a while to get used to some platforms, but what is getting me is that the person who trained me is telling me to do something 1 way 1 day and then totally the opposite the next!!  When I ask her about it, I get no answers.  Very frustrating, but I have to keep this job.  I have no other prospects.  Why, I have no clue since I do have a lot of experience:( ...

Frustrating...
Jun 09, 2015

Perusing the MT jobs on another site and I began to see a trend I did not like....quite a few of them (probably half if I had counted) were paying 5 cpl transcription and 3 to 3.5 cpl editing.....I mean REALLY?? COME ON PEOPLE!! How do they expect anyone in their right mind to be able to work for those kinds of wages? That is way below minimum wage for a job that takes training and expertise in the medical field. It just drives me crazy as a veteran MT...I just do not get the insanity that this ...

Bad Dictators Very Frustrating
Apr 28, 2010

I have 6 years of experience and just started a new job doing straight transcription.  I'm convinced that I'm getting all of dictators that they can't run through their VR because they are so bad.  I'm lucky to make $5.00/hr.  Very frustrating.  Need to give my notice.  Anybody else have this experience?  Sorry, I just needed to vent. ...

Frustrating Day At The UE Office
Jun 28, 2013

The TAA website as well as my state's UE website said I needed to visit my local UE office to find out if I was eligible for TAA benefits, so I went over there today. I was encouraged when on the sign in sheet it asked if I was affected by TAA, and I said I wanted to talk to someone about that. It went downhill from there. They really didn't know anything about it. The counselor put my social security number into his computer and then said I wasn't "coming up." Well why woul ...

Frustrating Dictation
Jan 04, 2014

Have typed probably 15 reports, out of those at least 13 have been the same physician who doesn't bother to put in name, account numbers, etc.  Have had to research every one and pend almost all of them for lack of/or discrepancy in information.  So now will probably get dinged for pending them because I am sure they will be able to decipher what I was unable to.  I could have guessed but with my luck then would have made a critical error so must be satisfied with probably on ...

Indian Dictators Are Very Frustrating
Oct 03, 2012

Just wondering why there are so many Indian-born dictators here (with thick accents).  Most of the time, I can't understand half of what they're saying... very frustrating.  It's just one long blur.  :p ...

Frustrating Job Search As A Newly Credentialed CPC-H
Apr 23, 2013

I became credentialed as a CPC-H in September of 2012 after completing AAPC's CPC-H training course.  I have been searching for employment since then and completing CEUs as I search, such as AAPC's ICD-10 anatomy and pathophysiology training which provides for 14 CEUs.  I just had an interview for an ambulatory coder job listed by a major healthcare center in Seattle who is putting me in the inexperienced file as a newly credentialed CPC-H with 20 years' experience as a ...

EScription - Good, Bad, Easy, Difficult, Frustrating
Nov 14, 2011

How is the eScription software - good, bad, easy, difficult, frustrating, blah, blah ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...

MT #1 Company
Feb 04, 2010

Im wondering, MQ is supposed to be the #1 MT company, biggest, Spheris is supposed to be #2, the other company I also work for is #4...what company is the #3?  Does anyone know? ...

MD-IT - Anything About This Company?
Mar 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard anything about this company?  I have tried a search, but have come up with nothing.  I have job posting automatically sent to my email for at home transcriptionists and they always seem to be hiring.  Anything all will be helpful. ...

Any Company Use IME
Apr 09, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring that use IME's?  ...

What Do You Look For In A Company?
May 14, 2010

I will begin my job search in a few short months after graduating from M-Tec. Reading the company board has been an experience with all the negativity, but everyone has different experiences with a company and entitled to their opinion. My question is what do people look for in a company in the current market? How do you know if a company is a good fit for you? What would you consider a "red-flag" that would make you turn away from a company? No this isn't a school assignment or anything ...

Can The Company Do This?
Oct 19, 2010

The company I work for hired me as full time 1000 lines with benefits.  3 months later they changed their policies to 1200 lines anything under no benefits.  Also we can not work over 40 hours.  How can they pay me by line but then tell me how many hours I can work?  I don't work hourly.  I love transcription but I've been with 2 companies in the last year and can't meet all their requirements to get benefits.  Is this normal?  I used to work fo ...

How Does Your Company ...
Oct 28, 2010

Wondering how most companies assess for employees' quality on an ongoing basis.  ? ...

Anybody Ever Try This Company?
Mar 17, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription Matchmakers?  You mail in your resume and they match you up with the company that's right for you.  ...

Company Is Going To VR.
Apr 20, 2011

I've not worked with it and was wondering how much money I'll lose with this and what others think of it.  ...

What Would You Do If Your Company
May 20, 2011

Would you be able to perform at that level?  I'm sure there are some of you that say you consistently produce 100% quality and at least 400 lines an hour.  I'm not talking to you.  How about the regular MTs out there?  Are there any companies that require this?  Is it even attainable with the subjective nature of this job?  How about if all of your accounts are ESLs and your pay gets docked if you send more than 1 document a day to the QA department?  ...

Is There A Company Out There
Nov 26, 2011

that doesn't skew lines, lie to its MTs about it, pays a decent rate, has an MT-friendly platform, doesn't outsource, usually has a good workload, respects its MTs?  I'm so angry at having my lines cut and being lied to about it I'm moving on, but I fear anywhere I go it's going to be the same thing.  Are there any good companies out there anymore? ...