A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ever have a job that was just so frustrating? - sm

Posted: Sep 07, 2012

I know it takes a while to get used to some platforms, but what is getting me is that the person who trained me is telling me to do something 1 way 1 day and then totally the opposite the next!!  When I ask her about it, I get no answers.  Very frustrating, but I have to keep this job.  I have no other prospects.  Why, I have no clue since I do have a lot of experience:(

They call this "control," .... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and I do believe some people truly "get off" on doing this sort of thing. The fact that they do not respond when you question them outright about why they are doing this is sort of a dead give away as to the purposefulness of it. I have been through this too, and no matter how much you need the job, consider finding something else, because they will eventually "terminate" you because you "just don't get it." Been there. done that. I wish you luck!

Thanks so much:) I have definitely started looking - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for something else. I just hope and pray I find it PDQ.

Similar Messages:

So Frustrating
Dec 02, 2011

I am coming up on 2 years experience and now I'm seeing a lot of  jobs that want at least 3 years. Is this some kind of joke?  ...

Frustrating...
Jun 09, 2015

Perusing the MT jobs on another site and I began to see a trend I did not like....quite a few of them (probably half if I had counted) were paying 5 cpl transcription and 3 to 3.5 cpl editing.....I mean REALLY?? COME ON PEOPLE!! How do they expect anyone in their right mind to be able to work for those kinds of wages? That is way below minimum wage for a job that takes training and expertise in the medical field. It just drives me crazy as a veteran MT...I just do not get the insanity that this ...

Bad Dictators Very Frustrating
Apr 28, 2010

I have 6 years of experience and just started a new job doing straight transcription.  I'm convinced that I'm getting all of dictators that they can't run through their VR because they are so bad.  I'm lucky to make $5.00/hr.  Very frustrating.  Need to give my notice.  Anybody else have this experience?  Sorry, I just needed to vent. ...

I Just Have To Say SS Is The Most Frustrating Company I Have Ever
Feb 14, 2013

All the e-mails about helping out on other accounts if you are without work.  Some of my jobs have a 12, 48, etc. turn around time.  Is it really necessary to always be typing an hour behind these docs.  Good  grief.  This is so aggravating.  Who wants to try to learn 20 accounts with hundreds of different dicators, not to mention you'll never learn the cities and different names of different locations, etc. for a city because you're always moving on to so ...

Frustrating Day At The UE Office
Jun 28, 2013

The TAA website as well as my state's UE website said I needed to visit my local UE office to find out if I was eligible for TAA benefits, so I went over there today. I was encouraged when on the sign in sheet it asked if I was affected by TAA, and I said I wanted to talk to someone about that. It went downhill from there. They really didn't know anything about it. The counselor put my social security number into his computer and then said I wasn't "coming up." Well why woul ...

Frustrating Dictation
Jan 04, 2014

Have typed probably 15 reports, out of those at least 13 have been the same physician who doesn't bother to put in name, account numbers, etc.  Have had to research every one and pend almost all of them for lack of/or discrepancy in information.  So now will probably get dinged for pending them because I am sure they will be able to decipher what I was unable to.  I could have guessed but with my luck then would have made a critical error so must be satisfied with probably on ...

Indian Dictators Are Very Frustrating
Oct 03, 2012

Just wondering why there are so many Indian-born dictators here (with thick accents).  Most of the time, I can't understand half of what they're saying... very frustrating.  It's just one long blur.  :p ...

Frustrating Job Search As A Newly Credentialed CPC-H
Apr 23, 2013

I became credentialed as a CPC-H in September of 2012 after completing AAPC's CPC-H training course.  I have been searching for employment since then and completing CEUs as I search, such as AAPC's ICD-10 anatomy and pathophysiology training which provides for 14 CEUs.  I just had an interview for an ambulatory coder job listed by a major healthcare center in Seattle who is putting me in the inexperienced file as a newly credentialed CPC-H with 20 years' experience as a ...

EScription - Good, Bad, Easy, Difficult, Frustrating
Nov 14, 2011

How is the eScription software - good, bad, easy, difficult, frustrating, blah, blah ...