A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I got a call from Precyse - katrina

Posted: Jan 10, 2013

I got a call from Precyse.  Can you tell me if they offer bonuses and if they offer 4 cpl for voice, what kind of rates do they offer?  do you get much straight transcription?  Thank you. 

Better than average pay, mostly ASR, good program, - great training and support. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Its a huge company with a rigid corporate structure but there is a lot of opportunity for advancement into non-MT positions if that's what someone wants. But honestly, as far as the big companies go, this is the only one worth its salt from the MT perspective.

Worth their salt? - Random thoughts

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess that's why Precyse got sued for 140 million dollars for missing a medication error (80 units of Levemir instead of 8) that resulted in a patient's death.

I don't think that matters to the MT who is working for a paycheck. - I wonder how many mistakes have been made by sm

[ In Reply To ..]
good old Medquist and current M*Modal who shift 40% of their work overseas. Honestly, I couldn't care less about that lawsuit. It doesn't matter to me whatsoever. The only thing that I care about is that the software is easy to use, the pay is good, the lines are correctly counted and they pay me for overtime. I'm not an investor in that company, I just want to do my work and "go home." Anything beyond that is another MT rant falling on deaf ears in an industry that thinks MTs are the bottom of the corporate barrel. So, get over it. I know I have. In fact, so much so that I'm leaving MT. I have finally gotten some good nibbles on the hook I have out there and I am confident that I will see this in the rear view mirror by summer anyway. Thank God. I literally despise this industry.
And one more thing. Any good MT would have questioned 80 units of insulin. I - would have left a blank for that. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
But I'll bet a nickel that a newbie in MT for only a few years right here in the good 'ol US of A would not have caught that error. Besides, it was a nurse who gave the patient so much insulin that ig is mind-boggling. The reason that patient died is because the licensed clinician did not question that incredible amount of insulin and TOOK IT OFF A DISCHARGE SUMMARY??? OMG, for pete's sake. That's the dummy in this whole thing, not the MT. We are not licensed clinicians. Period.
The nurse should also have caught the error, IMO. nm - Kindred
[ In Reply To ..]
n/a
Who are you..a nurse? If the doc said 80 units I take 70 units! - I was told I can take 120 U
[ In Reply To ..]
Excuse me, but if you are not diabetic, what would you know? This is pretty bogas to know this information. Mistakes are horrible in the hospital, but they are made and we have tried to learn from them. Right and left make a difference as does NO. NO is left out also. Lab work gets errors too. Oh, you have not made mistakes typing 12 hour days for 3-4 cents or 6 cents a line on odd shifts because you need to work! Blame is easy.
Not a nurse - Random thoughts
[ In Reply To ..]
I am a former US MT who now does QA on the work that comes back from an Indian company. We are not talking about you, we are talking about a patient who was given 10 times her required insulin dose because the nurse took the information from a discharge summary that contained a critical error. If you want the particulars of the case, it is easily Googled. It is not bogus to know this information. I see medication dosage errors all the time; 50 mg instead of 15, 75 instead of 5. I research these things, even when they are not flagged, when they don't look right to me. Someone should have recognized the 80 units was probably high and flagged it or questioned it. Saying that a pediatric patient had a Pap when they had a TDap is another error I have seen. We all make mistakes, that is not the point. The point is that we all need to be careful and listen carefully to VR, questioning what does not make sense. This lawsuit should have been a wakeup call to all of us. We weren't talking about you and your insulin dose, but about someone who died because of an error that could have been easily corrected and properly documented. In this case, the provider clearly said 8 units (testified to by several MT witnesses in court).
Random thoughts--then why bash Precyse? Don't see the fault lying there. - Big responsibility for 3cpl?
[ In Reply To ..]
You were the one who downed the company for this mistake and would have left a blank and questioned. I only said I would have not questioned the dosage with not being a nurse and 80 would not have drawn my attention. You indicated how much you knew and that you would have put a blank there. I just said IF I heard 80, I would not have questioned nor blanked it. I was not saying I was the patient nor were they talking about me. There are many factors that go into ordering medications...for one, they are ordered written by the physician and the nurses put that information into the computer or the doctor does himself. We are the bottom of the food chain, that is why we only get 3 and 4 cents and are no longer employees and they can send the work off to a foreign-speaking country where English is the 2nd language and they do not care, because it is all 'just paperwork.' It was just documentation of an overview of what was done...and bottom line was that the doctor and the nurse, plus the head nurse were the final say. That's why there are pharmacists. I was once told that even havaing a CMT after your name, it would give some sharp young lawyer an opening to include you in the lawsuit, because you have 'credentials,' usually that comes with bigger responsibilities and bigger paycheck.
If he clearly said 8 units, then the MT should have typed that. - FBL
[ In Reply To ..]
If he did not clearly enunciate either number, it should have been flagged. If he clearly misread it himself as 80, the MT was correct to type that; insulin dosages are all over the map and we can't flag every report with insulin on it. The reference my company uses does not give a range for this insulin; I looked it up when the story first came out. I myself take 70 units of a different brand daily plus a short-acting a.c. Would not have thought twice about typing 80 if the audio was clear and there was nothing in the patient's history to make me question it.

Can't blame this one on offshoring.
Except it killed someone. Point. - It was the ultimate responsibility of the nurse
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I agree - However - Random thoughts
[ In Reply To ..]
I also think that the nurse had the responsibility to question this. It is my understanding that nurses are not to take information directly from the discharge summary anyway. My point is that the provider clearly dictated 8 units and no one caught it, neither the MT, QA or anyone else who might have reviewed the record, the 80 units was a VR error, so while Precyse was not completely to blame, they shared some of the liability. The doctor had not yet signed off on the report, so he missed the error too. Why am I bashing Precyse? Because they were the MTSO named in the lawsuit.

Not entirely true - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The 140 million was not solely against Precyse. It also included hospital and others.

My 2 cents worth - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
My best friend has worked for them several years but is thinking of leaving because they now send the "good" work to India and give the Americans only the dictators the Indians don't want - those that talk crappy. Her pay has dropped by 30% because of this. The only reason she has stayed is she likes the responsiveness of management and they're trying to get new accounts and saying they will give more good things to the US folks to do. I'm sure they're sending all they can to India because of having to pay for that lawsuit.

Gag me - noname

[ In Reply To ..]
Precyse has been sending work to India for years. I quit working for them 5 years ago just because of that. I have NO respect for that company.

Just my opinion - but

[ In Reply To ..]
Any company who does not make changes when they are sued for killing a patient is not a company I would work for. I know people who work there and they are not happy at all, they stay because yes the money is better than some but besides the money they are a horrible company from the top on down.

The company and transcription does not kill a patient. - rediculous

[ In Reply To ..]
Many, many foreign doctors and nurses out there whom you cannot understand. The work also being sent to foreign lands and then a machine shows you that you have to double check everything in life and hope you are able to catch a huge error. Lab companies are notorious also.

Similar Messages:

Just Got A Call From Precyse - How Are They To Work For?
Dec 13, 2012

I applied months and months ago and basically forgot about them until they called today -- how are they to work for these days? ...

Precyse Still Has Precyse University For Training
Jun 16, 2015

Can anyone tell  me if Precyse still has Precyse University for training.  I went to work for them a few years ago and quit because I was only doing 1-2 hours a day for a couple weeks going through the University and waiting for things to be approved in order to move on and was not making any money, got fed up and quit.  I would like to reapply but do not want to if they still do Precyse University training. ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Precyse - Someone You Know Worked For Precyse?
Feb 07, 2015

Have any of you or someone you know worked for Precyse?  Any information appreciated, good or bad.  If you or someone you know has worked for them, how do they compare to MModal?  Is it possible to make enough money with them to live?  Am quickly fading here, I need to find other employment.  Am at the end of my rope in every possible way. ...

Do You Like Being MT For Precyse?
Oct 23, 2009

Do you like being MT for Precyse? 20 years experience as MT. Ready for positive changes.. Thanks ...

Precyse--sm
Jan 17, 2011

I tried to apply for an MT job with Precyse last night, but was given a message that they aren't "hiring in my area."  Has anybody else run into this?  I figure any area in the US is good since most of us work from home, am I wrong?  I do live in Alaska, but last time I checked we were still part of the country. Just curious.  Thanks.  ...

Precyse NJA
May 03, 2011

Curious... anyone working for Precyse that has lost their account to international and now getting NJA several times a week?  ...

Welcome To Precyse
May 16, 2011

For MT Week last week we got Sonic Rocks which are testicle-shaped shiny black magnets.  HR just sent around a warning that they're very strong magnets and to not keep them anywhere near the computer or anything that stores info magnetically because people are accidentally erasing their hard drives with these stupid things.  Wonder how many new computers that's gonna cost... ...

Does Anyone Know What's Going On At Precyse?
Oct 13, 2011

I work at Precyse and it seems things have been strange lately and I was wondering if any of my fellow slaves know what's happening there.  For example, all of a sudden lots of work for many weeks now (previously was having NJA all the time), so much work that we're way out of TAT with a lot of accounts, yet I see no place where Precyse is advertising jobs for MTs, including their own web site. Also, the sudden firing of a number of QA people and a few lower to middle management p ...

Anything About Precyse?
Jan 21, 2013

Anyone know anything about Precyse? ...

Precyse Cpl, Etc.
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone know the cpl rate for Precyse?  Do you work on all straight transcription or both straight and VR?  What platform do they use?  I was thinking of taking the test but don't want to waste my time if  the rate is too low.  Is the test difficult?  Would appreciate any info you may have regarding this company.  Thank you. ...

Yes Precyse
Apr 07, 2014

Too many warning signs for me.   ...

Precyse Anyone
Oct 31, 2014

Hi everyone I would like to know if anyone works for or has worked for Precyse and if so, if they are a good company to work for.  I have tried to look through old posts and I cant find any.  thanks for any input you may be able to give me. ...

Anything New On Precyse? Sm
Dec 30, 2014

What is their line rate and platform? Do they pay for spaces? How is insurance? Is there plenty of work? How are the accounts? ...

Precyse Solutions...how Are They
Jan 19, 2010

Just curious as to how they are to work for, their pay, their reputation, etc.  Any info appreciated. ...

ANYONE WORK FOR PRECYSE
May 07, 2010

Has anyone every worked for Precyse Solutions.  If so, can you guys give me some background.  It is a good company, work load good, etc. ...

TTS Versus Precyse
Dec 14, 2010

Can anyone provide the positives/negatives for these companies?  TIA. ...

How Is Precyse To Work For? - Nm
Feb 20, 2011

x ...

Looking For Some MTs Who Work For Precyse
Apr 04, 2011

Looking for some MTs who work for Precyse.  I have not seen any threads about this company.  Would like to know the good, bad and ugly.  Possible hospital transcription being outsourced to them....  Thank you. ...

Precyse Update
Jun 11, 2011

I was just wondering what is happening at Precyse.  I left Precyse last month after they sent my fourth account over to India, and there was no work.  Management kept telling us to be patient and just use PTO, but we had not really had any work for months and had already used up most of the PTO.  They blamed the no work situation on the bad weather during the winter.  I am at a new company now, and they seem to appreciate me, which Precyse did not.  My team leader ...

Precyse Transcritpion
May 22, 2011

Have there been any opinions on Prescyse lately?  Good, bad? ...

Huh...Precyse Looking For New MTs To Use And Abuse!!!
Oct 15, 2011

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After all the stunts these guyz have pulled over the past who-knows-how-many-months...I just saw a job posting for them on a site I'm not sure if I can name here :/ and I don't wanna get in trouble for breaking any rules.  Seriously...advertising for more help after you fired SEVERAL QAs and with how much work their sending over to India...you're gonna hire MORE MTs?!?!?!?!?!?!  Guess maybe they're looking for some "fresh blood" to dupe ...

Precyse Solutions?
Jan 17, 2012

I would appreciate any information on this company: How much they pay, if pay is on time, are there tons of acount specs, do they leave you alone to do your work or hover over you, platform(s) ease of use, etc.  (I know it is mostly VR.) Thanks! ...

Precyse Or Nuance
Feb 28, 2012

Trying to decide between these two offers.  Any advice or opinions? ...

Precyse - Has Anyone Worked
Mar 12, 2012

Has anyone worked for or considered working for a MT company called Precyse and what is your opinion about this company? Thanks ...

Precyse....good Or Bad?
Apr 02, 2012

Just wondering, nothing new posted. Scheduled to take test. TIA ...

Anything GOOD To Say About Precyse?
May 16, 2012

Anyone with anything GOOD to say about Precyse? Please, everyone can't be unhappy there, can they? Will be be gobbled up by M Modal or Nuance? How big are they? ...

Does Precyse Have A Quota
May 31, 2012

Does Precyse have a quota, must you produce a certain number of lines per day?  I'm looking for part-time work.  If there is a certain expectation, what happens if you fall below it?  I'm thinking I would like to try Precyse but those are my main concerns.   ...

Precyse Productivity
Jun 14, 2012

Any Precyse MTs having trouble meeting the 96% production time expectation?  How are you managing to do it? Work off the clock?  Thanks.  HR is supporting this push.  It was 35 hours on a 40 hour week, then 37.5 now 38.5.  thanks... ...