A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How is the workload for Transcend? - Will work for food

Posted: Feb 16, 2011

How is the workload for Transcend?  Do you run out frequently?

Transcend Work Load - Will work for food

[ In Reply To ..]
Reason as to why I am asking is because with my current company I am running out of work a lot and looking for another job. I dislike this feeling of job hopping, but worked for 3 different companies with them running out of work and I have been without insurance now for 4 years. I need a full-time position. May have to consider nights to do just that.

might depend on the region and the accounts, but I have been on - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
overtime for the last 3 weeks and get daily letters asking us to help in other regions. It might also just be the season and the accounts are busy, but they have gotten some huge accounts lately and need staff for those. These might not be the easiest accounts in the world, I have not worked them, but just like everything else, after you have done a few of them, it is not that bad. After all, work is work in these days of bad economy.

Like the other poster, - I have more work than I can handle

[ In Reply To ..]
I too have gotten the daily e-mails begging all and sundry to come and help out on this huge new account. When my primary isn't bleeding (which it is right now) I've gone over and done a few jobs. They are still looking to staff it fully, and they even have asked us to let our friends know....

So it certainly would not hurt for you to at least apply, see what happens. Best of luck to you!

Oh, and every single day when my own team lead send out the progress report, she ALWAYS includes a message that if we are running out of work or if we want more work, TELL them, and they will FIND us more work.

Do They Only Do - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they only do acute care, or do they have some clinic work, as well? I prefer clinic, but I am a high producer and I am in need of more work. thanks in advance.

As I understand it... - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, there are clinic work accounts. However, my understanding is that to even be allowed to apply and test, you have to have 3 years of RECENT acute care experience under your belt. Go figure.

It has also been my understanding that often, clinic work might get you a lower line rate than acute care.

All you can really do is try your luck and see if you can pass the screening process. After that... who knows?
Thank you! nm - alias
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Transcend Workload?
Oct 19, 2010

Does anyone have information on the workload at Transcend.  Any other information would be greatly appreciated.  ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

How Is Workload At TransTech?
Apr 07, 2010

Considering applying there if there is enough work?! ...

Workload Vent
Aug 03, 2010

Nothing I like better than to have no work on a Saturday (when I am supposed to be working) and then get E-mailed throughout the day on Sunday asking for help and that the acount will fall behind and out of TAT.  Please... give me a break.  Just ridiculous.  Could you at least entice me to do some "supposed" extra work by at least giving an incentive.  Why do I have a feeling I am on an over-flow account and was never told this?  Common MTSO's get a clue. ...

Oracle Workload
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how the workload is at Oracle?  I'm tired of it being slow all the time where I am currently.  I'm concerned about taking a new position and it being the same-o, same-o. ...

What's Your Workload Like Today?
Sep 02, 2011

I'm really ticked off.  Normally I have work every day.  Today I have not been assigned any work and have been sitting here waiting and watching for work to come in.  If they have no work for me, why don't they let me know that the work is low and nothing will be coming in?  I guess if anything does come in now, it's not going to get done until after the holiday weekend.  ...

Inscribe Workload
Sep 21, 2011

I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about Inscribe's workload. Do they mostly offer voice recognition or straight typing reports? Do they run out work frequently? What are their volumes over the week/weekend? Do they pay by the 65 character line with spaces?    Just curious since they're hiring, and I am thinking about applying.   Thanks in advance ...

NUANCE QA/QC WORKLOAD
Nov 17, 2012

Hi everyone! I just accepted a position as QC editor for Nuance but also qualified for a QA position. I was wondering if there is steady work for QC? What about QA? Steady work for both? Which position would benefit me the most? I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so I really do not want to be stuck typing a lot. Thanks for any info. I hope everyone has a great weekend! ...

How Is Workload At TransTech Now? I Read Some Sm
Jul 15, 2010

posts from back in February where things were low.  Wondering if that was a short-term lack of work or if things are still slim around there. ...

Workload Drop - Medquist
Jul 16, 2010

This month my available work at MQ has dropped off a cliff...anybody else experiencling this? Does anybody know what is going on? ...

Workload Across All MTSO Companies
Sep 08, 2011

I've noticed in reading posts lately a LOT of companies are majorly low on work.  I'm looking to make contact with those MTs/SRs who are having issues keeping a steady flow of work from their current company or having issues with finding and keeping positions in MTSOs due to low workloads and lack of communication from the employers/MTSOs.  It appears that the government is subsidizing the MDs to utilize the EMR/EHR programs on IPads, which will essentially allow them to do ...

Checking For Workload In Accounts On DEP?
Jul 31, 2012

My account just went to Docqscribe today. I had training way back in March. I thought there was a way to look and see how much work was available in an account. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Maybe I was just dreaming.....?  Since it is after hours for anybody in charge, I thought I would ask here. ...

Softscript Platform, Workload?
Apr 22, 2014

I'm still trying to decide between Precyse and Softscript, and have to make a decision by tomorrow morning. I am concerned, going by some more recent posts, that there won't be enough work once I start, or that I'll have to be on a gazillion accounts to have enough work.  Also wondering if the platform is productive, and how bad the ESLs are. If anyone can give any information about either of these companies, I would really appreciate it. Thanks ...

Question Re: DTS Oklahoma Workload
Oct 20, 2014

Any DTS MTs out there experiencing a drop in workload following the latest overhire blitz? Guess it's time to update my resume (again)... ...

Workload At DTSOK Has Virtually Disappeared
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone know why the workload at DTSOK has virtually disappeared the past 2 weeks.  Any info provided would be appreciated...need to know if it is time to move on.  Thank you. ...

Workload Has Exploded On My Primary Account...
Mar 22, 2015

nm ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...