A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Workload vent - riduculous mt

Posted: Aug 03, 2010

Nothing I like better than to have no work on a Saturday (when I am supposed to be working) and then get E-mailed throughout the day on Sunday asking for help and that the acount will fall behind and out of TAT.  Please... give me a break.  Just ridiculous.  Could you at least entice me to do some "supposed" extra work by at least giving an incentive.  Why do I have a feeling I am on an over-flow account and was never told this?  Common MTSO's get a clue.

Overworked - ALSOSICKNTIRED

[ In Reply To ..]

I've been working 23 days straight with no days off.  Got a double workload again today and I'm still working on the double workload from yesterday. I have requested to cut my work back for more than a year now. It's like I'm talking to deaf ears.  I don't sleep, I'm sick all of the time, my wrists burn, my elbows burn and my shoulders feel like they will soon literaly fall off.  It's unreal how some companies are.  I am always looking for other jobs, but I don't like certain platforms and there are so many scam companies.  Ready to give it up completely.

Similar Messages:

How Is Workload At TransTech?
Apr 07, 2010

Considering applying there if there is enough work?! ...

Oracle Workload
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how the workload is at Oracle?  I'm tired of it being slow all the time where I am currently.  I'm concerned about taking a new position and it being the same-o, same-o. ...

Transcend Workload?
Oct 19, 2010

Does anyone have information on the workload at Transcend.  Any other information would be greatly appreciated.  ...

How Is The Workload For Transcend?
Feb 16, 2011

How is the workload for Transcend?  Do you run out frequently? ...

What's Your Workload Like Today?
Sep 02, 2011

I'm really ticked off.  Normally I have work every day.  Today I have not been assigned any work and have been sitting here waiting and watching for work to come in.  If they have no work for me, why don't they let me know that the work is low and nothing will be coming in?  I guess if anything does come in now, it's not going to get done until after the holiday weekend.  ...

Inscribe Workload
Sep 21, 2011

I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about Inscribe's workload. Do they mostly offer voice recognition or straight typing reports? Do they run out work frequently? What are their volumes over the week/weekend? Do they pay by the 65 character line with spaces?    Just curious since they're hiring, and I am thinking about applying.   Thanks in advance ...

NUANCE QA/QC WORKLOAD
Nov 17, 2012

Hi everyone! I just accepted a position as QC editor for Nuance but also qualified for a QA position. I was wondering if there is steady work for QC? What about QA? Steady work for both? Which position would benefit me the most? I have carpal tunnel syndrome, so I really do not want to be stuck typing a lot. Thanks for any info. I hope everyone has a great weekend! ...

How Is Workload At TransTech Now? I Read Some Sm
Jul 15, 2010

posts from back in February where things were low.  Wondering if that was a short-term lack of work or if things are still slim around there. ...

Workload Drop - Medquist
Jul 16, 2010

This month my available work at MQ has dropped off a cliff...anybody else experiencling this? Does anybody know what is going on? ...

Workload Across All MTSO Companies
Sep 08, 2011

I've noticed in reading posts lately a LOT of companies are majorly low on work.  I'm looking to make contact with those MTs/SRs who are having issues keeping a steady flow of work from their current company or having issues with finding and keeping positions in MTSOs due to low workloads and lack of communication from the employers/MTSOs.  It appears that the government is subsidizing the MDs to utilize the EMR/EHR programs on IPads, which will essentially allow them to do ...

Checking For Workload In Accounts On DEP?
Jul 31, 2012

My account just went to Docqscribe today. I had training way back in March. I thought there was a way to look and see how much work was available in an account. I can't seem to find a way to do that. Maybe I was just dreaming.....?  Since it is after hours for anybody in charge, I thought I would ask here. ...

Softscript Platform, Workload?
Apr 22, 2014

I'm still trying to decide between Precyse and Softscript, and have to make a decision by tomorrow morning. I am concerned, going by some more recent posts, that there won't be enough work once I start, or that I'll have to be on a gazillion accounts to have enough work.  Also wondering if the platform is productive, and how bad the ESLs are. If anyone can give any information about either of these companies, I would really appreciate it. Thanks ...

Question Re: DTS Oklahoma Workload
Oct 20, 2014

Any DTS MTs out there experiencing a drop in workload following the latest overhire blitz? Guess it's time to update my resume (again)... ...

Workload At DTSOK Has Virtually Disappeared
Oct 10, 2012

Anyone know why the workload at DTSOK has virtually disappeared the past 2 weeks.  Any info provided would be appreciated...need to know if it is time to move on.  Thank you. ...

Workload Has Exploded On My Primary Account...
Mar 22, 2015

nm ...

New Client Heavy Workload Decision To Make
Mar 18, 2011

I am an IC and have a prospective cliient who might have more work than I can handle on my own. I was really just looking for part-time job and this opportunity basically fell in my lap!   I am not sure whether to just take the job and hire other ICs to help with my overflow or just tell them I am only looking for part-time work and risk losing eveyrthing. It seems too wacky to me to to turn down an opportunity because it might be too many hours for me alone when I can outsource some of the ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

Have To Vent About A PA
Oct 19, 2009

I have an ARNP doing a radiation follow up.  She dictates "33 fractions of 5040 GRAY" and then goes on to say "that's small c, capital G, small y."  She has done this a number of times over a number of reports.  I'm just shaking my head.   ...

VR Vent!!
Oct 20, 2009

I just spent the last few hours pretty much completely re-typing garbage VR!  I am so sick of this!  Especially after we just got our rate cut significantly.  Why can't they provide a good VR platform??!! I just worked my butt off for nothing! ...

Just A Vent....
Dec 07, 2009

Someone ought to take these ESL doctors and torture them like they torture us with their unbelievably horrible English speaking skills! We should not be told we're jeopardizing patient care - it's the ESL doctors.  I've never had an ESL doctor and I'd refuse to be treated by one who can't speak clearly or speak a complete sentence. Jerks! ...

I Have To Vent (even Though There's Nothing To Be Done) Sm
Jan 07, 2010

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how oblivious doctors are to anything approaching being polite when they dictate.  I've heard them in the bathroom, I've heard them yelling at their kids, talking on the phone, listening to football games on TV while dictating, etc.  We all have.  But there's this one foreign female doctor on the account I regularly transcribe who drives me UP the wall.  She apparently thinks dictation time is time to eat.  ...

Just Want To Vent
Mar 07, 2010

I hate being on QA hold.  I just started a new job and no matter where I've worked through the years, QA always seem to be the same!  It's never consistent.  I'm marked off for one thing by one QA and then not for the same thing by another!  Am I supposed to do that or not? I'm trying to learn this account and being 2 different things on one subject is confusing to say the least! ...

Just A Vent For ASR
Jul 17, 2010

Wow, if E-scription is such a wonderful ASR platform, I feel sorry for us all becuase I have had to change at least 1-2 words per line on E-scription today, WHENEVER I actually had work, that is.  This whole thing is getting worse and worse all the time, and for such horrible cpl rates that I can't even stand this after 36 years.  If the doctors and all the big muckity mucks had even the SLIGHTEST clue.  Gladly change places for one report with them.  Thanks I needed t ...

ESL Vent
Nov 01, 2010

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this ESL doc.  He says these doctors' names and I cannot understand him and I don't even know if he's pronouncing them correctly.  I search through all the doctors' names that start with the letter that it sounds like he saying to try to find one that might match how he is pronouncing it.  It's taking so much time.  If I find a name that comes close enough to what he is saying, I will use that.  Other times I ...

Just An ESL Vent
Nov 06, 2010

Just need to vent and complain a little about the annoying way this ESL dictates...it's really getting on my nerves.   He constantly says things like: Heart sounds "is" regular.  Medications "is" reviewed.  Lungs "is" clear.  Always combining plurals with singulars.  Then there's the: There is "a" pitting edema...  And no, he's not saying "ah", it is clearly an "a."  There is "a" mitral regurgitation...  Finally, I can tell he's re ...

Can I Please Vent About This
Apr 18, 2011

We have a supervisor.. just one.  She can also type at home if she chooses to once she gets home from the office.  Of course she does because she makes a lot more money.  I probably would too.  But, here's my peeve..... We can't cherry pick.. of course not. No sending jobs back that are from some of the worst dictators in the world. We just trod through and type and get those horrible lines per hour on those horrible docs . But she assigns all the best dictator ...

Need To Vent.
Aug 18, 2011

I am trying so hard at this new job.  I've been there a month, and I've never seen such complicated visit choices, etc.  It's just very difficult for me for some reason.  I have pages and pages of good notes, but I'm always missing something.  So far, no one has been ugly with me, but I'm feeling it's only a matter of time.  I'm an experienced MT of over 12 years and am very good, but I'm just about to cry because of these header p ...

CAN I VENT HERE???
Sep 08, 2011

I've switched jobs about 4 times this year, searching for the "perfect fit" - even went down to 7 cpl as an IC which everyone on these boards has said NEVER to do, just so I could have no weekends and flexibility during the day.  Just when I thought I found a great company, they changed their platform to Emdat/Inscribe.  Oh, ah, so much fun - NOT!!!  And so much for that 7 cpl.  We'll be getting 2 cpl on the QT lines  :(  I am soooo unhappy.  To make ...

Have To Vent.
Oct 15, 2011

This dictator is driving me nuts!!! Even the sound of every deep, gravelly, congested-sounding breath the man takes makes my head and ears hurt.  Sounds like he's dictating with his mouth full of spit or some kind of gunk. Ewwwww gross!  Plus he's ESL.  Plus it's an account I've never done before.  Plus it's sounds like he's dictating under water, and he keeps repeating what seems like every other phrase.  I'm already irritable, grouchy ...