A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shorthand Expander Software - Vera

Posted: May 08, 2012

Hi Everyone:  I currently use Shorthand Word Expander program and I think it is interfering with the PScribe software I have to use for work.  When I am in a report and having issues like Shorthand putting in wrong upper or lower case letters, I will turn off Shorthand and then it types the right thing.  I have used Shorthand for years but I think it is now not compatible with the current program I have to use.  Has anyone had any issues like this? 

Shorthand Expander Software - lomikealahoku

[ In Reply To ..]
What version of PowerScribe are you using?

Similar Messages:

Can You Use Shorthand Expander With DocQScribe? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

xx ...

Question About Shorthand Expander
Jan 08, 2012

When I opened up Shorthand this morning all my entries were gone, nearly 10,000 of them.  SHort of manually re-entering them, does anyone have any idea how I can get them back?  ...

ShortHand Abbreviation Expander
Oct 10, 2012

How can I get the expander to print out the expansions quicker. In other words, when the abbreviation is expandeded on the page, it takes a while because it expands as if it is being type and not just pop up on the page. ...

Shorthand For Windows Expander
May 07, 2013

I have been having something unusual happen with my Shorthand expander.  I think I messed it up when I was doing some changing and ever since then I have not been able to expand an abbreviation when I  am in the actual SH screen.  I used to just hit enter and it would populate my document, but now it doesn't do anything at all at that point.  I have to go back out of SH and then reenter the abbreviation in the document I am working in and then it works.  Does a ...

Shorthand Word Expander
May 27, 2013

I purchased Shorthand word expander from Sylvan and I cannot get it to work. I'm using Windows 7 and Word 2007 with ExEditor. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Shorthand Expander - How To Make A Template
Mar 13, 2010

I am new to Shorthand.  I have always worked with the shortcuts withing Word.  Does anyone know how to make a template with a space that I can get to with the Function Keys?  I used to type the letter kk" and a gray box would appear that I could get to inside the document with the F11 key.  Help!!  Any helpers for this new program would be great.  Old dog working on new tricks. ...

Manual For Shorthand Word Expander?
Aug 05, 2011

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for Shorthand word expander?  I know I am missing some important processess that would turn out to be a great help.  TIA! ...

Shorthand Word Expander Question
Jan 05, 2012

I'm relatively new to this and haven't yet been able to figure out if there's a way to print out a list of the expanders.  Does anyone know if this is possible? ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Best Expander Software To Use For Editing
Nov 11, 2009

I currently am using InstantText as that is what I used when I did straight, but I'm finding that there are limitations to IT when doing editing like you can't assign function keys, etc.  Where I currently work they mostly use Shorthand and say its better for editing. but I was wondering if anyone could weigh in with their opinions. ...

Word Expander Software
Jun 25, 2013

I've been using AutoCorrect as a word expander program for many years. I've started looking for word expander software, but I'm amazed at the cost of those I've seen. Anyone out there know of a good word expander that's either free or reasonably priced? ...

Text Expander Software Sm
Apr 28, 2014

Hi all.  A new job has just fallen into my lap at a fortuitous time.  My regular job has fallen off drastically recently (we're all familiar with this "syndrome") and I thought I was just stuck.  Anyway, this other job uses WebChartMD platform for transcription and there is no text expander program associated with it.  My current job has a built-in TE, so I haven't had to use a commercial/free product in a long time.  I'm wondering any ya'll have any ...

Word Expander - My Free Shorthand Is About To Expire
Nov 11, 2011

I'm an MT student and my free Shorthand is about to expire. Can anyone recommend a good word expander program? I don't care for SH, it's unreliable. ...

Shorthand Expander - Can't Figure Out How To Do A Count, Or Calculation
Aug 25, 2012

I'm still in school, working on adding to my Shorthand file. I hear people talk about how many entries they have in theirs, but I can't figure out how to do a count, or calculation. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks... ...

Website To Download Shorthand Word Expander
Jan 23, 2013

I am starting at a new company who requires us to provide our own word expanders and I want to get Shorthand.  However, I'm having a hard time finding the official website for Shorthand to download/buy it.  Can someone help?  Thanks. ...

ShortHand Expander - Extra Tips Or Tricks ?
May 12, 2013

Well, after a less-than-stellar trial of IT and a bit of a disappointing trial of SmarType, I think I finally found one that works well for me in PC Shorthand.  Really easy to make additions, not too obnoxious or distracting on the screen, and, after playing with the settings, no lag in expanding.   Does anyone who uses Shorthand have any extra tips or tricks to increase its capabilities aside from what is listed in their instruction manual?  So far it's meeting my needs quite nicely ...

Word Expander Software Suggestion?
Jun 11, 2010

Can someone please recommend a good word expander program?  I am looking for something that is compatible with XP, Vista and Windows 7.  Thank you! ...

Here's Another Shorthand Tip...
Oct 17, 2009

Someone recently had an issue with Shorthand and Autocorrect both operating at the same time, and they were apparently fighting with each other, because both of them had some of the same expansions/corrections, so the user was getting duplicate text. I finally worked out a system for myself where Shorthand is used for actual expansions, shortcuts, etc. Autocorrect is restricted to correcting misspelled and mis-capitalized words.If I have done it correctly, never the twain should meet, and I can ...

Shorthand V10 Help
Jun 16, 2011

I've been using Shorthand all along on my work computer and love it, particularly the fact that it works anywhere - email, Word, platforms, etc.    I recently downloaded the trial version for my home computer, but, while it works fine in Word documents, it won't work at all anywhere else.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? ...

ShortHand - What's So Different About It?
Feb 11, 2012

Ok, I downloaded Short Hand expander program but, for the life of me, it looks just like the standard auto expander/auto correct that comes with word. I've looked over the very brief tutorial that came with it and I don't see where this will increase my productivity anymore than my current Word-based AC/AE work for me. All those Short Hand experts out there (and I believe there are at least a few of you), can someone tell me how this works differently than what I'm already usin ...

Shorthand/MS-DOS
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if Shorthand will work in MS-DOS?  Thanks. ...

I Need Shorthand 10
Feb 19, 2013

Do you have a Shorthand 10 program to spare me that's not limited only for 30 days?  I just updated to Windows 7 and badly needs a shorthand expander compatible for Windows 7.here's my email just in case:top_v_gun@yahoo.com Thanks!  ...

Are Any Of You Who Use Shorthand Getting
Dec 11, 2013

that message again about your Shorthand license will expire in ??? days?   Just wondering if it's just me ~ or they trying to tell me I will not have a job in 20 days?   ...

Shorthand 10 Help
Nov 17, 2014

Since I'm unable to use MS auto correct with my current platform I explored Shorthand, a program I used years ago.  They've gotten too smart for me.  All I want to do is add words on the fly.  The screen I get when invoking SH10 shows no way to save any entry I might make.  Surely I'm missing something here.  If anyone can point the way I'd appreciate it--enter text, save and move on.  Thanks.   ...

Anyone Use And Like Shorthand?
Dec 03, 2014

Does it work interactively in MS Word?  Can you easily transfer your entries from Autocorrect to Shorthand?  I was checking out Instant Text but apparently now you have to download it, not avail on disk.  I think this means if your computer crashes and/or you want it on a new computer you have to RE-BUY it (at almost $200)...yeah I don't think so!   ...

Expander
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody know if the DocQscribe expander can transfer between different MTSOs?  I recently got a part-time job that is also on DQS platform and I don't want to have to start all over on my expanders at this new company.  My MQ expander file is quite large and years in the making.  Thank you. ...

ASR And Expander
Dec 24, 2009

The dictator says the same paragraph every time.  In ASR, do you have to weed through the whole paragraph, or can you use your expander?  If you can use your expansion, what do you do with the ASR paragraph?  ...

Expander Help??
Apr 10, 2010

Hi there!  I'm new to MQ and have a question about the built in work expander program.  How can you access it to put in new expansions/macros and NOT download jobs?  I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but I'm getting desperate (: ...

Do You Use An Expander?
Aug 16, 2010

I've been doing transcription for 20+ years and have never used an expander program (such as Instant Text or Shorthand), except for what one can create with the Auto Text/Auto Correct functions in Word. I straight transcribe an average of 180-190 lph.  If I were to purchase an expander program, by how much do those of you who use expanders think I could increase my production? I'm thinking about getting the InstantText free trial and seeing how I do, but then decided to take a l ...

Expander In DQS
Sep 13, 2010

Can anyone tell me the best expander to use in DQS? What is everyone's preference? I have SH and before I renew, just wondered if there was one that worked better with DQS ...