A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ascend transcription anyone? - MTBelkin

Posted: Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone give me some up-to-date information on Ascend.  The archives are saying stay away from this company, but it would be nice to hear from someone recent.  Please feel free to email me or post it here.  Thanks!!!!!!!!

See message - Helping MTs

[ In Reply To ..]

Same question was asked on April 19, 2010, with only 68 views, and no replies.  Either no one on the board works/worked for them, or they responded privately.   

Sorry, no personal experience myself, but: 

Things of interest from their website:  

Ascend headquarter is located in Centreville VA with network/data centers located in various states.  

Ascend offices are located in Boston MA, Calgary AB, Dallas TX, Ft. Lauderdale FL, Salt Lake City UT, Spokane WA and Wilmington DE.

HOME BASED MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST

ASCEND-MT-IC-002

Medical Transcriptionist to work from home. Minimum of three years of acute care facilities experience. CMT preferred. Required experience with Windows XP and proficient with Internet FTP, https://, pcAnywhere and other protocols. Also required is proficiency in Word 2002/2003. Highly competitive production based compensation plus other benefits. Positions available in all states.  

STAFF MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST

ASCEND-MT-STAFF-003

Medical Transcriptionist to work as staff MTs from Ascend offices. Minimum of three years of acute care facilities experience. CMT preferred. Required experience with Windows XP and proficient with Internet FTP, https://, pcAnywhere and other protocols. Also required is proficiency in Word 2002/2003. Highly competitive production based compensation plus other benefits. Positions available in certain cities.  

RATES:  Single, low per line or VBC rate. 30% - 40% lower compared to in-house.

My interpretation:  

1.  They have “Staff MTs” AND At-Home ICs.  My experience is that if work is low, the “Staff MTs” will have first crack, leaving the stuff no one else wants for the At-Home ICs.   

2.  They have an office in Canada, but claim not to off-shore.  With different taxes and employment laws, U.S. MTs could be the first to go.   

3.  They have clients who pay by VBC (visible black character).  Be sure to ask which account(s) YOU will be on, and how they are paid.  

Sorry, wish I could have had better news.  

Good Luck on your job search.   

Ascend - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not interpret Canada as being "off shore" as it is in North America.

TO: Anonymous - Can you think of a better term? - Thanks

[ In Reply To ..]

To:  Anonymous

I believe most people when talking about “off-shore” are referring to work NOT done within the 50 United States and, therefore, not having to follow the laws of the United States, including HIPAA, unemployment for employees, etc.  Canada is obviously the lesser of the evils compared to India or the Philippines, but it is not money earned AND SPENT within the 50 United States. 

I wish I could think of a better term than overseas or off-shore for work not done within the 50 United States. 

Do you have any ideas? 

Thanks. 

In the case of Candada, how about just "quality work done elsewhere." - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I worked briefly for a company called Ascend, but it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
was Indian-owned and had pay issues. Are there 2 different Ascends?

Ascend - non

[ In Reply To ..]
No this is the very company, yes to the Indian-owned, and yes to pay issues.

Similar Messages:

Ascend Transcription In Va
Oct 21, 2014

It looks like our hospital may be selling us out to Ascend. Any recent information on them? Anyone work for them or USE to work for them? ...

Any Info On Ascend Transcription Service?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anyone have info on Ascend?  Looking if the offshore transcription and if they treat their MT's decent with decent wages?  Thanks! ...

Ascend ?
Jun 17, 2014

Anyone have any recent experience working for Ascend? Any pros and cons would be appreciated about this company. Thanks! ...

Ascend Is A Rip Off Company.
Nov 07, 2009

They owe me for work done in July.  I have sent 4 invoices with no pay as of yet!  Do you know where I should report this? ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of this nature are the poster's personal opinion should not be considered as substantiated by MTStars. Under no circumstances will MTStars be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained from this message. MTStars.com cannot effectively monitor validity of material/i ...

Editors At Ascend
Mar 24, 2011

Any comments on working as an editor for Ascend?  I am an editor/AM now and possibly looking to change jobs soon. Thanks! ...

Ascend Limited?
Apr 14, 2011

Searched the boards and cannot find anything about this company out of Virginia.  Any news?  ...

Ascend Healthcare?
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this company??  Their ad doesn't give a whole lot of information.  It doesn't state whether it is IC or employee status, and no mention of benefits.  Would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!  If anyone knows either by personal experience or word of mouth I would greatly appreciate letting me know.  Thanks! ...

Ascend Healthcare, LLC
Jul 24, 2013

Ascend Healthcare, LLC - Does anyone have experience working for them? ...

Any Feedback On Ascend?
Jul 29, 2013

Any feedback on Ascend?  I want the good, bad and the ugly. Thank you. ...

Ascend Phase1 ???
Mar 10, 2014

Has anyone started "testing" for phase 1 yet or been scheduled? ...

Ascend Heatlhcare Sucks!
Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several ...

Ascend Health Care
May 11, 2010

Has anyone worked or works for Ascend Health Care. Our local hospital just entered into a three year contract with them with an anticipated 52 million lines for the life of the contract. I had applied at the hospital but they were not hiring and i guess that was the reason why. ...

Any Info On Ascend Healthcare
Nov 16, 2010

Can anyone give me info on this company? ...

Recent Info On Ascend
Feb 14, 2011

I've read all the info I could find in the archives but don't see much within the last year or so on Ascend.  Can anyone provide me with more recent info re pay, supervisors, flexibility, work volume, etc?  Also any info on ESL % would be great. TIA ...

Any Current Info On Ascend?
Jun 24, 2012

Anyone currently working there? ...

Epilog/Ascend - Anyone Took The Test?
Feb 21, 2014

Was wondering if anyone took the test with Epilog who were recruiting for Ascend Healthcare.  I was told I passed the test, would hear further, and nothing now for almost two weeks.  Anyone out there have recent experience with them.  Thanks.  ...

Ascend - Stay Clear Of Them
Apr 10, 2014

If you want to be paid for any work you do I would not advise working for this company.  I have not been paid for "phase I" of the transcribing we were supposed to do which was supposed to be paid last week, evidently there are others according to the main board.  This company hired for an account that was supposed to be started but evidently has not, they are feeding the MTs 10 reports at a time so you get a total of 30 reports in each phase as they call it for a stipend of 200, however, they ...

What's The Word On Ascend - Rumors About No Pay True?
Dec 21, 2009

Can't tell from the archives if only a couple people were having problems with not getting paid or if it was company-wide.  Nothing good in the archives though.  Anybody have anything to say about this company?  Just looking for truth before I apply. ...

Looking For A New Job! Opinions About Acusis, Ascend, And Keystrokes?
Jun 18, 2011

Hi everyone!  Long time, no see!  I've been around the boards for years (since I started MT school back in 2000).  There have been a lot of changes in my life over the last few years--changes for the good.  I lost weight, got divorced, and now have a new boyfriend :). I've been working in-house for the last few years and really want to go back to working from home.  My kids are all older (3 teens!) and require very little supervision, so I can only imagine it ...

Info On Ascend/Portal Healthcare
Nov 30, 2010

Any recent info on Ascend/Portal Healthcare in VA? Thanks in advance for any info!!  Trying to decide between them and another... ...

Epilog/Ascend - How Much Time After Phone?
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from the trainer after the inital conversation with the recruiter on the phone?  I talked to the recruiter yesterday evening and was told I may get a call or email from the trainer today but nothing yet.  Thanks! ...

Hired With Ascend As Of This Past Monday
Mar 02, 2014

I have been hired with Ascend as of this past Monday.  The communication from this company has been very little and it took them until Thursday to do the software install.  I have no idea when I will be trained or start working so I am left to twiddle my thumbs.  Thinking I may jump ship and look for another job.  Thoughts are welcome.   ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

Ascend Healthcare - New Account, WHAT HAPPENED?
Jul 01, 2014

Good morning Earthlings and Martians and Jupiternites !!   This is for those of you who were hired on at Ascend recently for the big new account that went live a few weeks ago.  WHAT THE FIREBALLS OF HADES HAPPENED?  One day we're working, the next they're letting us go.  Did they LOSE the account THAT QUICKLY?  I went to log on yesterday and was unable to do so.  How is it even humanly possible to lose an account you only had for a week?  Were we h ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...