A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ascend - Stay clear of them - screwedover

Posted: Apr 10, 2014

If you want to be paid for any work you do I would not advise working for this company.  I have not been paid for "phase I" of the transcribing we were supposed to do which was supposed to be paid last week, evidently there are others according to the main board.  This company hired for an account that was supposed to be started but evidently has not, they are feeding the MTs 10 reports at a time so you get a total of 30 reports in each phase as they call it for a stipend of 200, however, they are not even paying that evidently.  Stay clear of them unless you want to work for free.

did they give any reason? - d

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

SHE GOT PAID - ASCEND MT

[ In Reply To ..]
According to Ascend payroll, her submission was missed. It was immediately corrected and check was issued. There are 35 MTs in this practice pool with quality evaluation. They are getting paid stipend for each practice session and on time. Several who showed good quality are moved to production. I hope this MTs quits if she does not like the company.

SHE NEEDS TO QUIT - FORUM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If she got paid and does not like company's program she needs quit. I find it annoying when forum is used to blast a company if they have resolved the issue, accepted the error and MT continues to work for them. My motto not hog tied to a company, do not like the employer do not have to be with them.

Did they pay you? - Just Asking

[ In Reply To ..]
Did they pay you? $200 does not sound like a big amount. May be you should talk with them.

not yet - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
The person posting may say I have been paid but as of yet I have not received payment although they have forwarded me an image of a check that was issued on the date I originally posted and I did notify them on two separate occasions that I had not received the check before I posted and received no response until after the post, even after they sent out a confirmation e-mail earlier it had been paid on 04/04. I have been receiving e-mails this morning from someone at Ascend regarding this and he informed me it was mailed on Friday with the error on their part with the invoice being in spam - an invoice sent from their company address, he told me it was mailed Friday, yet I got an e-mail Friday saying it would be processed and mailed on Monday. (These e-mails this morning were sent to my private e-mail also which they obtained when I responded to their first e-mail for posting on MTStars, so I can post the information in them on here, it was not from their company e-mail). I wish everyone the best who works for this company but I do know of 3 other MTs who said they were never paid for the practice dictation, as I never was, regardless of what the company says. I was told I did great on the first phase and they were moving me to phase 2, however, since I posted on MTstars I have been told the relationship is over but believe me it was over long before I got his email. I evidently fell thru the cracks on this one and that is okay with me, when I finally receive a check from them, yes I will take down the original post. This is supposed to be a public forum and I only posted on here after two e-mails sent to them with no response until after I posted. I have done this many, many years and I do not think there are very many transcriptionists who would not complain if their very first paycheck was a week late. I realize all companies are not for everyone and that mistakes are make by payroll and that is fine. I also acknowledge that I posted info about their stipend and I should not have done that and for that I do apologize to the company. I am finished with my posting about this and I wish you all the best and hope you are not one of the few who are left to be "cut" so they have the correct amount of MTs they need on this account.

AN ERROR - Ascend Payroll

[ In Reply To ..]
This MTs is correct. Her submission for payroll fell through the crack. Check was missed being processed. Another one was cut on Friday and mailed. She should be getting it in a day or so. Ascend management has apologized for it error and accepted the fact we did not meet her expectations. We simply cannot un-ring the bell.

We also said to her - before posting on MTStar she should have allowed Ascend to correct the issue. The Friday when her check was cut because she raised the issue, she also posted on MTStar. Posting is her privilege. Our suggestion was two-fold - allow us reasonable time to correct an issue plus do not post internal process information about Practice Phase etc. - which is confidential.

We felt in spite of our correction of the issue we cannot deal with any staff who does not allow internal process of issue correction to work and posting internal information knowing MTstar cannot fix an issue.

This relationship therefore needed to end. The latest post is an example in spite detailed communication between the MT and Ascend management, she felt compelled to post. This is just sheer failure of communication between parties and has eliminated a need for association. At Ascend we regret the whole incident and have refined our processed by learning from it.

Thank you.
spite detailed communication - whatabouther
[ In Reply To ..]
Is this not spite communication to post after she did apologize for what she did, for posting info she should not have, etc, she gets no credit for anything but is definitely told what she did wrong. She admitted she had made mistakes and that she was sorry for that yet you continue to pick her apart. She did say she had e-mailed twice and received no response, give her some credit she had the decency to apologize, and she did not go into a rage calling people names, etc, like the posts in the thread below yet you are only responding to her posts on here and not the ones who were attacking persons and not just the company.

still working free - Iworkforfree

[ In Reply To ..]
Good to know I am not the only one not paid, I see another post further down that is not near as nice as yours is about not being paid.

Similar Messages:

Stay Clear Of The Wackos Up At Alpha Transcription!
Jan 18, 2011

Heads up everyone Stay Clear of the wackos up at Alpha Transcription!  They not only pay on the VBC but don't even know what it is or how to calculate it, have HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT, are the most disorganized company any MT could possibly work for!  And they forget to tell you that you have to wait 45 days for your first paycheck! WARNING, WARNING, STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!  I lasted about 2 weeks, and then had enough!   ...

SITS Solutions STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
May 07, 2015

WARNING, WARNING   I worked at SITS Solutions and never got paid for the work I did.  I also had an associate that was done the ssame to.  They give a false address on their contarcts 1016 W Franklin St Chicago but when I called there they had never heard of them. They are Indian based and have no US staff. If you want to work for free it's super opprotunity:)   mtpro ...

Ascend ?
Jun 17, 2014

Anyone have any recent experience working for Ascend? Any pros and cons would be appreciated about this company. Thanks! ...

Ascend Is A Rip Off Company.
Nov 07, 2009

They owe me for work done in July.  I have sent 4 invoices with no pay as of yet!  Do you know where I should report this? ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of this nature are the poster's personal opinion should not be considered as substantiated by MTStars. Under no circumstances will MTStars be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained from this message. MTStars.com cannot effectively monitor validity of material/i ...

Ascend Transcription Anyone?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone give me some up-to-date information on Ascend.  The archives are saying stay away from this company, but it would be nice to hear from someone recent.  Please feel free to email me or post it here.  Thanks!!!!!!!! ...

Editors At Ascend
Mar 24, 2011

Any comments on working as an editor for Ascend?  I am an editor/AM now and possibly looking to change jobs soon. Thanks! ...

Ascend Limited?
Apr 14, 2011

Searched the boards and cannot find anything about this company out of Virginia.  Any news?  ...

Ascend Healthcare?
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have experience with this company??  Their ad doesn't give a whole lot of information.  It doesn't state whether it is IC or employee status, and no mention of benefits.  Would like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!  If anyone knows either by personal experience or word of mouth I would greatly appreciate letting me know.  Thanks! ...

Ascend Healthcare, LLC
Jul 24, 2013

Ascend Healthcare, LLC - Does anyone have experience working for them? ...

Any Feedback On Ascend?
Jul 29, 2013

Any feedback on Ascend?  I want the good, bad and the ugly. Thank you. ...

Ascend Phase1 ???
Mar 10, 2014

Has anyone started "testing" for phase 1 yet or been scheduled? ...

Ascend Transcription In Va
Oct 21, 2014

It looks like our hospital may be selling us out to Ascend. Any recent information on them? Anyone work for them or USE to work for them? ...

Ascend Heatlhcare Sucks!
Oct 14, 2009

Beware anyone thinking about working for Ascend!  They are extremely unorganized and chaotic.  I don't know why they make you submit invoices - which are very time consuming to prepare - when they will just pay you something different or not at all.  They shorted my first paycheck by 1/3.  When I was finally able to get in touch with someone, they did send me the adjustment.... but I have not received my last paycheck at all!!!  I have tried to contact them several ...

Ascend Health Care
May 11, 2010

Has anyone worked or works for Ascend Health Care. Our local hospital just entered into a three year contract with them with an anticipated 52 million lines for the life of the contract. I had applied at the hospital but they were not hiring and i guess that was the reason why. ...

Any Info On Ascend Healthcare
Nov 16, 2010

Can anyone give me info on this company? ...

Recent Info On Ascend
Feb 14, 2011

I've read all the info I could find in the archives but don't see much within the last year or so on Ascend.  Can anyone provide me with more recent info re pay, supervisors, flexibility, work volume, etc?  Also any info on ESL % would be great. TIA ...

Any Current Info On Ascend?
Jun 24, 2012

Anyone currently working there? ...

Epilog/Ascend - Anyone Took The Test?
Feb 21, 2014

Was wondering if anyone took the test with Epilog who were recruiting for Ascend Healthcare.  I was told I passed the test, would hear further, and nothing now for almost two weeks.  Anyone out there have recent experience with them.  Thanks.  ...

What's The Word On Ascend - Rumors About No Pay True?
Dec 21, 2009

Can't tell from the archives if only a couple people were having problems with not getting paid or if it was company-wide.  Nothing good in the archives though.  Anybody have anything to say about this company?  Just looking for truth before I apply. ...

Looking For A New Job! Opinions About Acusis, Ascend, And Keystrokes?
Jun 18, 2011

Hi everyone!  Long time, no see!  I've been around the boards for years (since I started MT school back in 2000).  There have been a lot of changes in my life over the last few years--changes for the good.  I lost weight, got divorced, and now have a new boyfriend :). I've been working in-house for the last few years and really want to go back to working from home.  My kids are all older (3 teens!) and require very little supervision, so I can only imagine it ...

Info On Ascend/Portal Healthcare
Nov 30, 2010

Any recent info on Ascend/Portal Healthcare in VA? Thanks in advance for any info!!  Trying to decide between them and another... ...

Any Info On Ascend Transcription Service?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anyone have info on Ascend?  Looking if the offshore transcription and if they treat their MT's decent with decent wages?  Thanks! ...

Epilog/Ascend - How Much Time After Phone?
Feb 25, 2014

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from the trainer after the inital conversation with the recruiter on the phone?  I talked to the recruiter yesterday evening and was told I may get a call or email from the trainer today but nothing yet.  Thanks! ...

Hired With Ascend As Of This Past Monday
Mar 02, 2014

I have been hired with Ascend as of this past Monday.  The communication from this company has been very little and it took them until Thursday to do the software install.  I have no idea when I will be trained or start working so I am left to twiddle my thumbs.  Thinking I may jump ship and look for another job.  Thoughts are welcome.   ...

Ascend Health Care - Payment
Apr 09, 2014

Has anyone who was hired on at Ascend/Portal Health Care LLC during the last hiring received their payment for Phase I?  I am beyond outraged right now; just told that I will have to wait until after the 15th  for my first payment to be processed b/c processing ended on March 20th despite repeated emails being sent out by payroll stating that submission after the 20th wouldn't affect the schedule of payment.  Not to mention, I submitted my invoice twice and asked for re ...

Ascend Healthcare - New Account, WHAT HAPPENED?
Jul 01, 2014

Good morning Earthlings and Martians and Jupiternites !!   This is for those of you who were hired on at Ascend recently for the big new account that went live a few weeks ago.  WHAT THE FIREBALLS OF HADES HAPPENED?  One day we're working, the next they're letting us go.  Did they LOSE the account THAT QUICKLY?  I went to log on yesterday and was unable to do so.  How is it even humanly possible to lose an account you only had for a week?  Were we h ...

Want To Clear This Up For Myself
May 21, 2010

Could somebody clear up for me what the difference between clinic and acute care are? Is clinic referring to offices? ...

CCS Vs. CPC - To Clear This Up - Sm
Nov 20, 2011

I get tired of reading that hospitals only want CCS credentials.  That completely depends on the hospital.  What should be said is INPATIENT coding is CCS and OUTPATIENT is CPC.  A local government hospital here only wants CPC.  A huge, huge, well-known hospital in my area takes both CPC and CCS because they do so much of BOTH.    Someone coming here for information on becoming a coder should find out where they want to work and what type of coding credential tha ...

Does Anyone Use Clear Wireless?
Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get. ...

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...