A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone respond to OTI ad and hear back? - dmt

Posted: Feb 08, 2011

Was just wondering if any of you submitted a response to their ad and heard back from them.  Thanks!

Reply - Mildred

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not apply but did write them an email with questions regarding their latest ad. I have not heard anything back. I just do not want to go through the testing and all the "paperwork" stuff before finding out a bit about what to expect in the way of cpl rate, etc. I hate it when they say they need help but they aren't willing to answer an email. Good luck to you!

I can tell you that if you are hired on the new account - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
it will pay 8 cpl. I don't think they are hiring at any higher rate.

Mildred, trust your instincts - OTIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and listen to your gut...
me, again - dmt
[ In Reply To ..]
Could you please tell us what you mean, what to look out for? Sometimes very hard when there's a good recruiter involved, which I had happen to me once, great picture painted for me but bait-and-switch when came time to start work.
This is a disgruntled OTI person. OTI is really NOT that bad. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
With the new account there is plenty of work available.
I am not a disgruntled OTI person, I worked for OTI in the past (sm) - ExOTIer&Glad
[ In Reply To ..]
and I can tell you that they overhire and then will stop answering all IMs and emails. I was working on an account and transcribing over 2200 lines a day on it, sometimes more and then suddenly the account dried up, completely. This was a clinic with about 40 doctors, good steady work and it was gone. I asked why, no answer, I asked for additional accounts, no answer. Again, I went from transcribing over 2200 lines or more a day and I mean every day, to almost nothing. I finally gave up and resigned, to which I received a very short email that stated that I was a valued MT and they wish that I would reconsider, right. If I had been so valued then why not answer my IMs, my emails, give me back up accounts, etc. At the same time that I resigned there were also 4 other girls that I worked with over a period of time there with that resigned as well.

I hope that these new accounts work out for everyone that has been hired but if OTI holds true to their history, in a very short period of time this forum will be flooded with complaints of no work by OTI MTs. Again, I hope that is not the case.
That is exactly what happened to me. Acct. dried up - me in NJ
[ In Reply To ..]
and even after repeatedly asking for more work, they wouldn't. They would beg for current accts to have help with their back log, but when I would ask if I could help with those accounts NO RESPONSE.

My advice? Enjoy it while you have work (if 8 CPL is enjoyable; as an IC that's rather low). But when your account is suddenly gone, don't expect them to help you out or move you somewhere else. They make TONS of promises that they won't keep. Just my experience.
me again - OTIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
exactly what you wrote "when there is a good recruiter involved"... MANY MTs have been burned by management, promises made and not kept, carrots dangled and then taken away with no reason...trust your gut

Thanks for the info! - dmt

[ In Reply To ..]
That seems a bit low for IC, is that what everyone there makes for line rate? But guess that seems to be the trend these days ): Maybe would be okay if the account is decent...

Good luck to you, too! - dmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent an inquiry through their link, which was filling out some basic information. Let us know if you hear back! Thanks!

I applied with "Bayscribe Position" in the subject line. Was contacted within an hour and - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
My email/cover letter was targeted to the Bayscribe position noting that I had significant Bayscribe experience as an MDI/Transcend employee. Oracle has hired several MDI/Transcenders recently and didn't require me to test. I gave notice to Transcend that same day.

I like the new account and they already have some good samples for the speedy dictators. Of course, being able to keep all of my old short cuts in the expander tool since I didn't delete the software is a huge plus! It's great being able to change employers and be immediately productive since I already know the platform. There's tons of work and at least I don't have the worry of getting knocked down to 4 cpl because of VR - this account has "been there, done that" and want no part of it or offshoring, just quality work (what a concept LOL).

Bayscribe - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been there since Oct and was hired without testing based on my years or experience with the bonus of knowing Bayscribe from MDI employment also, was told that my work would speak for myself. A very good concept for those hiring to consider instead of all that wasted time testing. Love the accounts. They are busy at all hours. I anticipate being busy for quite a while.

Good to see we had the same professional, pleasant hiring experience :-) nm - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks for your response - dmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Was this with the most recent OTI ad? Haven't heard anything from them yet so maybe they have filled all of the positions by now. Thanks again for your info!

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Anyone Hear Back From NOWTranscription?
Jan 25, 2011

~~ ...

Did Anyone Hear Back From Advantec
Jun 28, 2011

Did anyone hear back from Advantec regarding the job posting posted last week?  ...

How Long To Hear Back From TTS
Jul 23, 2014

For those of you who work for TTS, how long did it take to hear something after the initial email with a list of questions?  I emailed the answers to those questions a few days ago.  ...

Lee Perfect - Anyone Hear Back?
Jan 29, 2015

Did anyone hear back from this company or get a job with them?  I know after searching the archives they have had a reputation of not paying in the past.  ...

How Long Does It Take To Hear Back On Holiday PTO?
Nov 18, 2009

Just curious if anyone has heard back from their CCM regarding holiday PTO.  With the big switch of from CTL back to CCM I am afraid that all my requests will go unanswered.  So what do you do when your PTO request (holiday or not ) is left sitting?  Do you take the day off anyway? ...

Encompass Or Probity-does Anybody Ever Hear Back From Them?!
Jan 15, 2010

I tested with both and know I did well (lots of experience with this stuff) but have heard nothing back from Probity and got a letter of interest from Encompass, which I responded to, then NADA. Has anyone actually been able to move forward recently with getting a job at either place?! I noticed the only real problem I've seen regarding Encompass in the archives is their inability to get back to people in a timely way and I am seeing that in action. Anybody? ...

Anyone Ever Hear Back From DTSOK After Applying?
Nov 17, 2010

Hi everyone, Anyone ever hear back from DTSOK after applying?  I tried 2 weeks ago, haven't heard a word.  Was not able to find much information on them.  Thanks for any information. ...

How Long To Hear Back After Applying
Feb 13, 2013

I applied for a hospital job (non-MT) about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet.  I am just wondering how long I should wait to hear back.  This is not the only job I applied to, sending out resumes, but this is the one I wanted.  The job is still posted on their website, so presumably not filled yet.  Does it normally take this long or am I being unrealistic?  Should I just move on?  I want to move on, tired of waiting.  Just wondering if anybody else has a ...

Did Anyone Who Applied At AssistMed Hear Back From Them?
May 13, 2013

Did anyone who applied at AssistMed hear back from them?  Thank you. ...

Anyone Test For Breitner And Hear Back?
Sep 12, 2014

I took the test almost 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything.  Anyone hear back?  Maybe I failed?!?! ...

I Have Sent My Resumes To 10 Different Companies And Hear Back Nothing, Nada . . . . .
Apr 13, 2010

I have been doing MT for almost 15 years, and the one company I have been with for the past 9 years is suddenly getting less and less work.  I have been sending out resumes, taking the tests, etc., and I don't hear ONE THING BACK from any of them  . . . . so frustrating.  We are in the process of buying a new house and then this happens - I may have to take a job outside of home, but I wan't to be here for my kids:( ...

Anyone That Tested With Opti-Script Hear Anything Back Yet?
Apr 16, 2012

Anyone that tested with Opti-Script hear anything back yet? ...

NJPR Hospital - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back?
Aug 04, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has heard back about an interview, testing, etc?  Have the positions been filled. ...

Anyone Recently Apply At Medscribe (Florida One) And Ever Hear Back?
May 17, 2010

I need a job YESTERDAY.. and I have applied to so many places and actually did the testing with Medscribe twice but they cannot even get back to me one way or the other. I'm completely discouraged!!! ...

Ortho MT Needed Immediately Post-Anyone Hear Back?
Oct 28, 2010

I sent my resume for this position.  I am just curious who else did, and if you heard back from the person who placed the ad.  Thanks! :) ...

I Have Tested For MQ And Am Waiting To Hear Back. Thought I Pop Over To The MQ Board And
Jul 19, 2011

get opinions from the horses' mouths.  Sooooo, should I work for MQ?  Is there enough work?  Is pay on time?  How is the QA? Thanks! ...

One Transcription Service - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back From Them For The Weekend
Apr 17, 2014

n/m ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Shady Acres Radiology; Any Of The Chosen 23 Get An Interview Or Hear Back From Them
Sep 05, 2010

Back on August 22 or 23, there was a job posting for Shady Acres Radiology, and several people said they had received an Email from Shady Acres indicating that they had chosen 23 resumes, asked some computer questions, and if they would agree to a background check; and that Shady Acres would contact them within 7 to 10 days for an interview.   Did any of the lucky "chosen 23" hear back yet (their 10 days is up).   Whenever I see “background check” I expect the ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Who Do You Go To When Your CCM Won't Respond?
Sep 09, 2010

I have had no work this entire week.  The only day I got to work that I was scheduled was Sunday.  Since then, NJA for my ENTIRE shift EVERY DAY!! I sent an email to my CCM stating that I cannot continue like this.  I want to know why I am not getting any work and if it is because our accounts don't have any work, I want to be put on an account that DOES have work. I have emailed and emailed and called and called, and she doesn't respond (not that this is new, mind you ...

Please Respond
Apr 06, 2011

I agreed to do a STAT job that was only to be 90 min of dictation within a 24-hour period of time.  When I first responded to do this job, I was told they found someone else to do it.  I then recieved a phone stating that the original transcriptionist bailed on her and could I do it. However, not only did she want the 90 min dictation she wanted a 31 min multi-speaker consultation as well, STAT.  The audio was sent in a format that was not compatible with a foot pedal.  I did the 31 min job, ...

Anyone Who Has Taken FMLA Please Respond
Apr 24, 2015

Hi, I'm considering filing intermittent FMLA for chronic photophobia.  Periodically I cannot look at the monitor and thus cannot work because of it. I have 8 hours PTO left and if I am out of PTO, I need FMLA to cover me taking off without pay. I'm a good producer, show up and work my schedule, high quality, and handle 4 accounts on a weird evening/weekend shift (my choice of work times) so that I do not run out of work.  Previous to this year, I was rarely OOW, but now eve ...

Patient Slow To Respond
Oct 13, 2009

Okay, the physician is unintelligible.  Says the patient is perfectly healthy, but he cannot understand why the patient is so slow to respond.  Duh....Dr. even has the audicity to suggest a neruology consult to see why the patient answers questions so slowly.  Like my brother'in-law was asked if he had "hot buns."  for heartburn.  Sigh.  ...

Current Precyse MTs Please Respond
May 31, 2013

I have been invited to test with Precyse.  I was just wondering of any current Precyse MTs could tell me if Precyse is a good company to work for, i.e. pay on time, straight typing or speech rec, good platform, responsive management/TL, benefits any good, vacation time available, etc.  I am currently working for a good company but the days/hours stink; so, don't want to jump into the fire so to speak.  Thanks so much for your response ahead of time. ...

Two Questions....respond Please If You Have The Time.
Dec 21, 2014

I have 2 questions that I wold really love some feedback on.  It's not important how long I have been transcribing, the fact is that I have worked for some major MTSOs over the years and the llongest I have ever been on 100% QA is 3-4 weeks, more likely 1-2 weeks.  Now that I am starting my second month with Nuance I have been placed on 3 separate aaccounts.  The first 2 I was fine with, but then they sent me an emial stating that I would be switched over to a new go-live acc ...

HELP! Getting Inquiries From Local MDs But I Have No Idea How To Respond.
Dec 09, 2009

Yes, I know we get lots of these questions every day but here's one I don't think has been touched on lately.  I was recently approached by an old employer about giving my information to another MD for transcription work. I told her that she can definitely give out my info if she new someone that needed transcription work done.  I didn't really think it would go anywhere, as that's the way it happens in this town, nothing ever comes to fruition. However, today I g ...

Please Respond To Vacation Coverage Question?
May 26, 2010

I have put in a request for time off and have been told that I need to find coverage for that day.  I am a subcontractor.  Is this normal? ...