A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ad posted by Med-Scribe BEWARE - MT 22 years

Posted: Mar 05, 2012

Beware of that ad posted by Med-Scribe about 5% bonus for doing nothing.  If you signed a confidential agreement or any sort of noncompete with your employer whether an IC or employee you can be held liable for sharing company/client information.  Proceed with caution.  Just my 2 cents.

Posted ad by Med-Scribe - maxmom

[ In Reply To ..]
isn't is rough enough for us out there and now we are seeing ads like this. I am becoming very skeptical of this entire web site! Also, who would want to work for Med-Scribe. There is also an ad, which I answered this morning. I knew something was up because I got a very quick reply. 2 cents per line for VR. Yeah, right.

to take it one step further - NopeNadaFine

[ In Reply To ..]
Let's say you get the account hooked up with the service. By what reporting system can you independently verify accuracy of lines invoiced to the client? You're gonna trust this bozo to pay you everything you would be owed?

nope...nada...fine..

Ad by Med-Scribe - Maxmom

[ In Reply To ..]
At some point your integrity and credibility should take over. I hope no one would ever do this to their company, no matter how angry they were or how unfairly they feel they were treated.

My reply to them would have been - Im sorry but - I live in the US and cant survive off that.

[ In Reply To ..]
2cpl?? Seriously? This isn't a third world country or whatever you call it.

I read their ad and it's despicable! Paying MTs to - steal accounts for them????

[ In Reply To ..]
How desperate can an MTSO possibly be?

That sure does reflect on how <> that company must be to work for, huh? And on how <> their work must be.

Man! Now I've heard it all.

(correction) sorry - the bracketed words were - "great" and "high-quality". NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Med-Scribe - maxmom

[ In Reply To ..]
not to mention the ad was full of typos. We will take crap work from your present doctor and give him even crappier work than he is getting. This whole web site sucks! Has anyone even gotten a call back from any companies on this site? I am beginning to think this place is more of a scam than some of the nightmare companies!

I feel the same way about companies and their testing. - Suzy Q

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tested for more companies this week than I can count on one hand. Mostly they tell you that there are no positions available or that your test scores are not high enough. With Hypertype I got an over-all score of 92.5%, but no that was not acceptable to be hired -- you had to get perfect 100% I guess.

I just feel like they are playing games with us and are not really going to hire you anyway, no matter how well you do on their stupid tests. Just sign me off as fed-up with everything about MTSO's.

I think the fact that it is a public website - pretty much allows anyone to post.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have looked at the jobs section, but only out of curiosity. Never to find employment.

Two Different Companies, similar name - ol gal

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for MedScibe out of Jacksonville. Love it.
Just want everyone to be aware that the ad you are referring to is Med-Scribe Online out of West Palm Beach.

Med-Scribe - maxmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was from Teaneck, NJ.

It's the one from Teaneck branching out to Miami apparently - NopeNadaFine

[ In Reply To ..]

MED-SCRIBE - maxmom

[ In Reply To ..]
in lieu of this most recent post from Med-Scribe, please everyone boycott this web page. It's nothing but a huge magnet for negativity and bullcrap. Really, has anyone gotten a job from this site? I am beginning to think that "Bob" who has a great command of the English language is actually the moderator. For them to let Med-Scribe place that ad is horrible. BOYCOTT MTSTARS.COM! I AM PASSING THE WORD TO MY TRANSCRIPTION NETWORK! WANT TO START DOING SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF, BOYCOTT THIS SITE THAT ALLOWS EMPLOYERS TO INSULT US WITH 2 CENTS PER LINE VR AND 5 CENTS PER LINE FOR TYPING!!
Well, actually, yes I got a job from this web site...sm - Tanya
[ In Reply To ..]
...2 job offers, in fact. Both decent pay. And the Med-Scribe thing looks like a good way to get rid of a miserable account you're stuck on. I know of one on my last job that this company deserves to have!
At first I thought you had some points, but now I think - you have a screw loose
[ In Reply To ..]
Med-Scribe - maxmom
[ In Reply To ..]
and there you have it. because I take offense to a site that is supposed to facilitate medical transcription, I have a screw loose. I have been in this business for a long time. Actually owned my own business for 15 years. So I have seen many changes. for a site like this to allow that ad, I find unethical, offensive and undermining to our goal. Have a job and make a wage we can support our families on. How would you feel if your account went to Med-Scribe and you receive an email on Monday stating that your account has been sold, we would love to have you on our team, but your pay rate is being cut. Think about?
Honey, I can talk about it all day long - you have a screw loose
[ In Reply To ..]
Med-Scribe - maxmom
[ In Reply To ..]
you give away a plum account? Talk about me with a screw loose. Yes, I hate these sites. They bring out the worst in everyone who frequents them. I rarely do, but I am looking to make a change and stumbled upon the Med-Scribe ad. It infuriated me. As I, too, have been at this much longer than 15 years! So to see this business take such a nose dive is disheartening. For you to personally attack me, raises a red flag as well. There are such things as spirited debates and conversations without revealing your claws.
Pretty condescending and uppity. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
You may have a point. Been wondering similar - things as you for a while, but -
[ In Reply To ..]
was chicken to come out and actually say it.

Ad posted by Med-Scribe - pw

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow that's really twisting what I had offered. I never mentioned nor was I interested in under bidding anyone. I was not asking about your current or previous employer either. It just so happens that MTs are on the front line a know what is going on in the industry. There are many that have heard about unhappy healthcare facilities due to sub par quality and turn around time. This causes poor patient care. Maybe you need a reality check on how many patients each year are negatively impacted by poor quality and delayed documentation. Offering a substantial compensation for the referral of a healthcare facility that is unhappy because their patients are suffering due to their current transcription solution, whether it be their in-house staff, EMR templating, front end SR, off-shore, another MTSO or whatever reason is not unethical or what I am being accused of here. Please stop trying to make an honest and ethical offer seem so bad.

BTW: I never made any mention of VR or MT pay rates.

Scratching my head at post by pw-Medscribe - Huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
Now I am confused,what exactly were you offering her? Dont get it, but would think you should be rallying up your own clients, why come here and ask us to do it?

Sorry I just dont get it.

"PW" is practically illiterate. Maybe that's why - he qualifies to be a recruiter.

[ In Reply To ..]
wow nasty thing to say - cat fight
[ In Reply To ..]
It is one thing to have a debate. This was not even close to it.
Geez, why do you think I said it? - (Did you read his post?)
[ In Reply To ..]
?
I'm confused - of course
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the purpose of posting was to debate - not bring out the claws. I don't see how slinging insults instead of debating elevates you to a higher position that what you claim he is.

as I said, I'm confused about your posts.

Med-Scribe's Response - Perry

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not asking about your current or previous employer. It just so happens that MTs are on the front line and know what is going on in the industry. There are many that have heard about unhappy healthcare facilities due to sub par quality and turn around time. This causes poor patient care. Maybe you need a reality check on how many patients each year are negatively impacted by poor quality and delayed documentation. Offering a substantial 5% compensation for the referral of a healthcare facility that is unhappy because their patients are suffering due to their current transcription solution, whether it be their in-house staff, EMR templating, front end SR, off-shore, another MTSO or whatever reason is not unethical or what I am being accused of here. Please stop trying to make an honest and ethical offer seem so bad.

Just curious, Perry. What are your rates? - Do you pay premium SM

[ In Reply To ..]
rate for quality? Do you allow your MTs to produce quality work by paying them a living wage?

Oh please. It's unethical and you know it. - And one more thing: -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"It just so happens that MTs are on the front line and know what is going on in the industry."

Oh, REALLY? And yet you con men and snake-oil salesmen keep on paying us less and less, for more and more work. All the while extolling the virtues of your Indian sweatshop workers, and your voice-wreck-ognition.

I always believed that all MTSOs and their management folks crawled out from under a rock somewhere.

Now I'm CERTAIN.

Perry's Pathetic Response - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies call that a salesman/woman. You know, someone who is paid to market your pathetic little company. People like you are what helped make MT the sesspool it is today. Crawl back under your rock.

Just love that phrase... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
"current transcription solution" - like it was a "problem" in the first place, 20 years ago, or 30 years ago...all of a sudden, it's a "problem" that needs to be "solved."

Why make things so complicated...oh yeah, big bucks for everyone but the MT.

Complications include HIPAA, new software, soft economy? - LikeThat

[ In Reply To ..]
There is new software coming out this year that many MTs are not educated about. It costs money. Yes, today's market is different than it was 20 or 30 years ago. We no longer rely on Selectrics, do we :)
We no longer get paid a decent wage either - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
Selectrics...back when people had good jobs with good benefits...yeah, interesting coincidence...high technology = low wages for the majority of people? Something to think about...the "big picture" - not just some CEOs wealth.
Yep! They forget that, Selectric or heavy-duty - MT platform, when all is - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
said and done, it STILL takes an educated, EXPERIENCED MT to make it work.

Those bottom-feeding recruiters, managers, supervisors and CEOs can have all the technologic bells and whistles they want, in addition to all the Indians and VR they can possibly cram in there as well, and you know what?

If the educated, AMERICAN MTs refuse to edit all the GARBAGE that their Indians, VR and software produces, they would be left with an inferior, WORTHLESS product.

They seem to conveniently "forget" that fact. I would love to see the day when all MTs get on the same page, pull together, and show them exactly what it is we do, that they NEED, in order to stay in business. With the pittance they pay me, taking a week off, unpaid, to sit on my hands in protest, would be of little consequence to me. I'm already underwater as it is.

Anyway, it's something to continue to keep in the backs of our minds. Yes, we're scattered and isolated. Yes, for every MT that's on MT Stars, there are probably 10 who aren't. But that can be changed. There are ways of finding out where we all are, and finally putting some teeth behind all the rage and frustration we feel at being blatantly CHEATED every time we open our paychecks.

Come together, people. Other MTs are NOT your "enemies" or your "opponents". Standing side by side, it's possible for us to help each other out and start the wheels slowly grinding towards a change for the better - NOT the tailspin we're in currently.
know thine enemy - me
[ In Reply To ..]
"Come together, people. Other MTs are NOT your "enemies" or your "opponents". Standing side by side, it's possible for us to help each other out and start the wheels slowly grinding towards a change for the better - NOT the tailspin we're in currently."

Actually, when the MT schools started grinding out par and subpar MTs who then decided to get their own clients and underbid the accounts, that was the beginning of the down slide. So I do see some MTs as the enemy. They are the same ones who are working for 3 cpl doing VR or 5-6 cpl straight transcription.

As long as someone is willing to undercut or accept the crap, MTs will continue to eat their own.
Got a gut feeling here that you've done a bit - of undercutting youself, right?
[ In Reply To ..]

If I were in the business of rallying up clients - it would be for myself, not an uknown company.

[ In Reply To ..]
Still doesn't make sense. If you dont know how to draw in clients, how are you going to run your own business?

Get A Grip/Read the Ad - BeenThereMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Read the ad more carefully. This gentleman was specific with the wording and was not asking anyone to breech a confidentiality or noncompete agreement by referring any accounts that we might be currently working on for a current service.

He may have inadvertently posted to this site not knowing what a bunch of wolves/bitches he would encounter.

Med-Scribe in NJ is a legitimate business and has been a viable business for many years. It has been a family-owned business. Please do not bash people or businesses that you know nothing about. There was absolutely nothing illegal or unethical about this ad whatsoever.

Disclaimer - no, I do not at this time work for this company.

Similar Messages:

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

BEWARE OF K$R
May 06, 2010

It takes you all day to get your line count.  They do not pay anything.  VERY RUDE!!  They want you to work ALL day and hound you if you dont. ...

Beware Of The Big Three
Jan 06, 2012

I have a friend whose relative is a one of those aspiring Wall Street'ers and he was interested in hearing about my work as an MT.  He had done some research and looked at the publicly traded companies in our industry.  With the growth of an ageing population the documents we provide is more and more needed.  But that also creates a potential for a takeover of publically traded companies.  Just my (or his) opinion. ...

Beware ANP
Sep 10, 2012

I recently responded to an ad on Craig's List for an MT medical editor because I'm interested in getting into that. I got a test and a bunch of info back from a Larry Perrone of ANP Transcription. Fortunately I googled ANP before doing anything and there are piles of complaints here and at other sites about them not paying MTs. I sent Mr. Perrone some samples of comments MTs wrote about their habit of not paying us and told him I won't be working for them. So beware! I guess ...

TTS - IC's Beware!
Aug 01, 2013

I'm sure we are all aware, but if considering employment with them be VERY careful. I have gone round and round for days with them that legally they cannot require a schedule of an IC...but they don't care, one bit. Told me to look elsewhere then, after passing their testing, etc. I cannot believe a company this supposedly big does not even try to care when this issues is addressed to them, makes me want to report them. I know many companies that have been fined for this exact thing an ...

Beware IC Ads
Aug 14, 2014

I'm not sure why I'm still here, ever posting on this board or answering these "employment" ads, but here I still am as are these readers. I have now answered 3 ads over the past several months and received 3 positive responses and took the jobs. (Consider air quotes around the word "jobs" every time you see it, please). I have 32 years of experience and type approximately 350 lph. (I know, I don't really type 350, and I didn't really type 475 lph when we did "gross" l ...

Beware On Call....
Feb 20, 2010

***** hires subcontractors and pays out of her personal checking account.  Says she pays every week, but does in the beginning then things happen......wrong postage used on check, somebody else got your check, wrong address, etc.  Several weeks late and then cannot leave voice message, does not answer IM or email.  On Call does not care because we work for BS and not for him.  Do not work for these people.  This happened to at least 2 MTs in the past 4 months. ...

DIT TRANSCRIPTION - BEWARE ALL NEW MT'S
Mar 18, 2010

BEWARE ALL NEW MT'S. DIT TRANSCRIPTION PREYS ON YOUR DESIRE TO WORK RIGHT OUT OF SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT PAY ON TIME. YES THEY SAY THEY PAY AND THEY DO PAY.....ONCE A MONTH....FOR ONLY TWO WEEKS OF PAY......THEN THEY STOP PAYING ALL TOGETHER. DO NOT LET THEIR NICE AND SWEET MESSAGES FOOL YOU. THEY ARE BEHIND IN PAYING SEVERAL MT'S THAT HAVE QUIT BECAUSE OF NOT PAYING. I FINALLY GOT A NEW JOB AND THEY STILL OWE ME SIX PAYCHECKS. THEY DO NOT RETURN MY MESSAGES AND WILL NO ...

Inscribe - Beware
Jun 22, 2011

There are reasons why a company has to keeping hiring for the same positions over and over again. Inscribe is that company.  Most of the Tx are IC's but are forced to do the work of employees, i.e., training new transcriptionists, editing their work, being on call 24 7, computer-generated phone calls telling Tx's to get online any time of day or night, being on instant messenger AIM while transcribing in order to be able to help new people while you are transcribing - ...

Keystrokes Beware!
May 06, 2011

Beward of KS.  Worked there 4 years, went to a new account, been on it barely a month and now let go without warning.  No job! ...

BEWARE - DO NOT APPLY
Jul 25, 2011

I would totally be leery of this job.  They are liars and cheats and are always wanting you to work your days off and over, but pay you NO OVERTIME!!  THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BEHIND ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES.   I have worked there 4 years and never got a raise, much less any respect for the 21 years I have worked as an MT.  They have no respect for their employees.  I WOULD NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.  THE REVIEWS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES......... ...

BEWARE OF THE TRANSCRIPTION DR.
May 23, 2012

If you are an MT or MTE or QA or a client of The Transcription Doctor, BEWARE!   After working for them for ten days, editing over 300 minutes of VR dictation, they sent me a check for $3.00!  And, they will not pay what they owe me.  ...

Babbletype - BIG BEWARE!
Dec 12, 2012

I would have to say a BIG BEWARE!! ...

Beware Of Precyse
Nov 07, 2014

Beware of this company when interviewing as the interviewer puts words in your mouth that you never had said.  Be very careful and write down all you say to the intereviewer during the process.  What a waste of my time interviewing, passing the test, etc.   ...

Beware Of Spy Posts Today
Mar 02, 2010

I know for a fact that MQ spies for management are posting on this board today.  If you do not recogize the poster's name do not reply.  Especially do not reply via email as they may be able to identify you via your email address and they will have you in their sights.  Management has always monitored this board, but today they are posting.  Go carefully my friends. ...

WebMedX Employees BEWARE!
Jul 19, 2011

My company was bought out by Nuance several months ago and it has turned into a complete nightmare!  Not only are the managers and sups arrogant and awful, but literally all the decent work has been sent to India and we are left with the dregs.  The benefits stink,  The people stink,  I feel so sorry for what you are in store for.  At the time of the buyout, we were told nothing would change.  That lasted for all of a month.  Then BAM!  Watch out! ...

BEWARE Probity-Stay Away From
Oct 28, 2011

When you're a new hire, you have to produce perfect reports after only given 12 using 50 pages of platform and account specifics on top of not having your trainer show up for sessions and an inept IT staff only to get fired. ...

BEWARE AND BE SURE You Are Truly An Independent Contractor
Aug 31, 2012

BEWARE AND BE SURE you are truly an Independent contractor. This info is available on the IRS.GOV website (type Independent contractor in the SEARCH box and then click on IC defined). I was going to work for a company who later informed me that i would be REQUIRED to look up patient information that was not dictated by going to a different website and searching thru the paperwork looking for the information. I know from experience that doing this seriously cuts into My Line Count and MY PAY. I w ...

Beware Of Nontranscription Jobs
Sep 24, 2012

I've got one now that I will be lucky to get through the next hour and a half of cell phone conversations and can't even make out the speakers or when they change. It's a bunch of garbled noise and for 6.5 cpl. Not going to stay with this one. ...

Thinking About Becoming A Transcriptionist? Beware
Dec 31, 2012

Beware:  If you are thinking about becoming a Medical Transcriptionist ask yourself these questions first - Do I like working every weekend and Holiday?  Do I like working more than 80 hours a week to just barely make more than $10/Hr.?  Do I like having to worry about losing my job in a year or two to a computer?  If your answer to any of these questions is no, than you might want to reconsider becoming a Medical Transcriptionist.  The perk of working at home has lost i ...

Mediscribes Ad - Beware - Bad Company.
Feb 06, 2013

Just quit there. Seriously lacks organization. Their India "allocation" team throws bits and pieces at you, very low volume, but then hammers your IM to death. Example, a 12 minute report is assigned, I would just get started on it and within less than 10 minutes they want to know where it is. WTF?! If the 2 US managers are out of the office and the India team is in charge, it's a nightmare. Then, even if the US managers are there, it's slim pickins as far as volume goes and then they ...

Beware When Applying To M*Modal
Jul 11, 2013

You can do with this info whatever you see fit, but I'm just sayin'...if you're applying w/M*Modal, they will not even consider you if you've EVER been terminated. They do not even consider any circumstances whatsoever. I was terminated from my last MT position after they laid off all my help but still expected ME to do ALL the work. Go figure. From what I know from my old pals there, the MT situation there is still totally hopeless. Karma's a  right? ...

BEWARE OF ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA--SM
Jul 15, 2013

Do not work for Accutran in Indiana unless you want to work for free.  I got my money JL owed me 3 months after submitting an invoice after threatening her with pressing charges for theft.  She had many excuses as to why she could not pay me including blaming Obama.  She also lied to me about when I was going to receive my check.  She believes it is okay to not pay an MT in a timely manner.  She told me when I started, I would be paid 30 days after the invoice ...

Beware That India Is Doing Our Audits
Feb 18, 2014

There are so many things wrong with this scenario I cannot even wrap my head around it. Fight your supposed errors with everything you can. Someone who thinks the word is eye-cycle instead of icicle should not be doing audits. Just my humble opinion. Especially now with the 99.7 standard looming. One error is all it takes to fail now. ...

Beware. The Other MT Job Site Has 2 Ads That Are Probably Scams.
May 23, 2014

One offers $1.30 per line, which should be your first clue this is a scam.  THe other is an ad for St Judes that gives a yahoo addy to reply to.  Really???  Like St Jude would not have their own website to apply for jobs. ...

Beware When Changing Password
Jun 04, 2014

Surprise, I was made to feel like an idiot again yesterday. In the middle of the report the doc mumbled a drug so I went to look it up on an old report. I got a message that my password expired and to change it to continue. I did so. When I got back to the 77 line report, I got a 3 line error, not sure what it meant but I clicked okay. It acted normal for rest of report. During next report, got the same error, did not understand what it meant, clicked okay and continued. What it should ha ...

Buyer Beware - Pcdictate.com
Oct 14, 2014

I use a program called DSS2Wave which converts DSS/DS2 files to Wav files. I LOVE this program and have been using it for over 2 years. When I went to renew it earlier this month, I never received the code for the license. Program is unusable. I can't even get it off my computer to reinstall the 30-day trial, and there isn't another program out there as good as this one. Thankfully I paid via Paypal, and after attempting contact multiple times via the email, website, phone number ( ...

Beware Contact About Business Deal
Dec 23, 2009

i just received an email from a MT that is in another country asking me to consider a business deal whereby I would send her work and take 30% of her pay for myself.  She emailed me directly from one of my posts here.  She may be sending this letter to many on this board as I do not know why she would have just singled out one of us. I reported this to the webmaster and just want to give a heads up to all on the board. ...

Beware Of YouTube Messages Sent On Facebook.
Mar 18, 2010

I just spent 3 hours on the phone to get rid of a virus I picked up on Facebook.  My aunt had sent me an email to watch a video on YouTube, but when you go to it there is a message that you that you need to update Adobe.  That is when it attacks.  It sends you to different websites when you try to go to McAfee, Microsoft, etc.   It is called Koobface.  Be careful, I had it on both my desktop and laptop.  ...

Beware Of Premier Office Technologies!
Sep 03, 2010

Low budget, unprofessional, and won't pay! ...