A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Absolute Transcription, is their pay a typo? - Stranger

Posted: Oct 15, 2009

Who in their right mind would work for 7 cpl?

7 cpl as an IC! That's equivalent to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
what, about 5 cpl as an employee with benes?! Crazy....

Well you better sit down for this offer... - aes

[ In Reply To ..]
I have over 15 years experience and a company offered me...REALLY SIT DOWN FOR THIS....0.05 per line as an Independent Contractor!!!! He said he started everyone out and the highest they go (if you qualify later on) is 0.07 a line!!!

Please....this profession is getting ridiculous! I love my job but we need to eat too!

our pay - old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My state minimum wage is the highest in the nation and I belive $8.55. What an insult! And promises of 0.07 a line - Wow and I bet he acted like it was really a big deal. You can bet no one even qualifies for that later. He's probably charging 0.15 a line and making a fortune!
pay - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
The problem in this profession is that we have people that keep taking these crap paying jobs so they can keep the wages low since there is always someone who will work for it.
It's how they supposedly justify offshoring everything. - Teed-Off MT
[ In Reply To ..]
They go crying, "We can't find any American workers!" ... to which we all say, "B.S.!!!"

It's an insult. It's a scam. It's travesty. It's unpatriotic. It's criminal. It's dishonest. It's greedy. They're lowballing American work right out of business. (Hope they like eating curry). It's pathetic. It's shortsighted. It's contributing to the sorry state of our economy, and that way of doing business is how the banks, insurance companies, healthcare, stock market, and other piggies in this country landed us here, at OUR expense.

It's ALL OF THE ABOVE.
Not all of us will work for that - jody
[ In Reply To ..]
That's the reason some of us have decided to retire early. The profession is not what it used to be.
It's not even a profession anymore - MTSOs think it's our HOBBY. - HobbyHorse
[ In Reply To ..]
-
WHAT? We're spoze to be getting PAID for this?! - CrankyBeach
[ In Reply To ..]
Go freaking figure! And here I thought I was doing this out of the goodness of my heart this whole time!

(That was my pathetic attempt at humor, for those of you who don't know me... I figure I have to try to laugh, so I won't cry....)

did you read the entire post? - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
It's the IC who submits the bill (they're not told the # of lines the service has calculated for them), plus they are covering ALL formatting codes (whereas a service might only pay for characters and spaces).

I have the Abacus program, which they require, and it's given me the best line count of any of the commercial programs available, including Sylcount.

There are other issues, such as not working weekends. To some, that could mean more than a higher line rate.

To each their own.

Abacus did not give me higher counts than Sylcount. - YMMV but not in my exp. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you allow for same formatting in Sylcount as in Abacus, still had a higher count with Sylcount. My experience so YMMV. 7 cpl paid this way is probably close to 8 cpl on a 65 cl but 8 cpl isn't exactly a rate to brag about as an IC. Never had to work weekends nor do I plan to, but still won't take work for 8 cpl. That's no excuse for crap rates IMHO. Probably make just as much at McDonalds or Walmart, have taxes paid and maybe even get bennies but yep, to each her own.
if I was using the keyboard all of the time, - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
I would probably agree. But I use SR for 90% of my work, which has a much higher line count per hour than using the keyboard. I'm averaging 450 to 500 lph, so 8 cpl is still $36 to $40 per hour for me. What would my line rate need to be if I only typed 300 lph? Answer: 12 to 13 cpl. What service is going to pay that?

IMO, I think it all depends upon the overall picture and what the trade-offs are. For me, I would not have a problem taking a lower line rate provided I was treated as an independent contractor (according to IRS law) which means no weekends, no shifts, no holidays, and I could transcribe the information into the "platform" of my choice, which happens to be Word).

To each their own.
8 cpl for SR?? Where? - deb
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd like to know where you're getting 8 cpl for SR. Most places I've seen only offer 3 or 4 cpl for that.

Similar Messages:

Absolute Transcription - Job Ad
Oct 14, 2009

Saw the ad on the Job Board and ran some figures against a file I had transcribed with a nice amount6 of formatting codes. The file measured about 150 KB in size. Counting all formatting codes:   602 linesConverting to gross lines, no formatting codes:   676 lines 602 x 0.08 = $48.16602 x 0.09 = $54.18     (65-keystroke line with all formatting codes) 676 x 0.065 = $43.94676 x 0.07 = $47.32I wanted people to have a bit of a clearer picture as far as the ...

Absolute Transcription (in Oklahoma)
Mar 01, 2010

Does anyone have any information on this company, good or bad? Thanks in advance. ...

Typo On MQ Central
Jan 18, 2010

Did anyone notice the article regarding our W2s---dated Janurary 18th? When the heck is that?  My, my, someone needs to be performance managed- or at least taught to use spell check before posting that on MQ Central for us all to see. :)  Did they not think we would catch that? ...

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

There Is A Typo In The Client Profile On One Of
Jun 24, 2014

my accounts that says "Tile" table test instead of tilt table test.   My, my mistakes do happen, I guess!  ...

Do Not Know If This Is Absolute Truth Or Not, But
Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself! ...

Absolute FED UP With These Expectations
Oct 24, 2012

I am absolutely fed up with being an MT and I am about to leave this field for good. Over the years, I have worked for several MT companies and I know that quality is important. I understand that the reports have to be correct and quality has to be high. However, what I need to *** about is what these MT companies are REALLY doing to us. First of all, to be an MT, we went to school. We studied our butts off and we paid an outragous fee to get this diploma. We took tests and passed them. We ...

Do Multiple Typos Drive You Crazy And When Does It Stop Being A Typo
Feb 28, 2010

Just want to vent a little about how lazy I think people over the age of 18 have gotten regarding proper grammar and spelling.  I am not just talking about typos.  I know on MTStars we are not supposed to point out typos, but I was just struck with the question:  When does it stop being a typo and start being laziness and sloppiness, or maybe even uneducated?  I just received an Email from my 19-year-old granddaughter that was full of those abbreviations that everyone uses w ...

...And A Failed Report For A Single Typo. Doesn't The Company Understand How
Apr 07, 2014

x ...

S/L Monocyte Percent 12.8 And "absolute Monofil" 0.9.
Feb 11, 2011

Anyone heard of "absolute monofil or absolute monophyl"?  (lab section) Thanks, Abby ...

He Dictates "absolute Neutrophil 2.5 Thousand" So Would You
Feb 17, 2015

These always confuse and aggravate me.   ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...

Transcription USA
May 10, 2010

Anything on Transcription USA ...

GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION
May 17, 2010

Since the advent of voice recognition and overseas outsourcing, transcription has ceased to be a profession.   I will NEVER -- repeat, NEVER make the money I was making as a transcriptionist at a hospital 5 years ago, before we were replaced by VR and cheap outsourcing to India.   Now all that's left are transcription companies here in the U.S. that don't want to pay much more, lie to us and tamper with our line counts.   GET OUT, GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION! ...

A Day Without Transcription?
May 28, 2010

It seems that everyone has negative things to say about how employers do not pay MTs what they're worth and how they offshore the easy stuff, but pile on the lousy ESL stuff on the transcriptionists in the States. Too bad there can't be a general strike of U.S. MTs - a day without transcription - just to show how we're needed. It seems to be the only thing employers would understand. Impossible, I know, but I bet employers would sit up and take notice. ...

USA Transcription
May 30, 2010

They are so antiquated!  They want you to have a what?  A large cassette player and pick up tapes and live in Houston/Spring are and...  Good grief! ...