A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ALL TYPE CHECK UPDATE... - MT

Posted: Sep 09, 2010

I was promised my two checks that All Type now owes would arrive in the mail on Thursday.  They did not come.  This was the third time I was told the checks had been mailed.  So after being informed my power was going to be shut off if I didn't pay the bill of 40 dollars, I called the same woman I have been talking to  and e-mailing every single day about the status of my paychecks.  I was told previously it was mailed overnight, then by two day and then it would be here Thursday as she just sent it out the other day.  There is no way possible my checks were lost in the mail three times.  So anyway, then she calls me and says one check will only be for 14 dollars.  Turns out whoever did my timesheet also forgot to include the VR that was the majority of work I did for them.  So finally after telling her it didn't arrive again by mail as they promised, she says she will send it overnight.  She e-mails me the tracking number that also had my mailing address on it and a copy of the check.  Anyway, it turns out that she spelled my name wrong in both places, on the envelope and on the check : ) This is after we have been e-mailing back and forth often for well over a week now.  I'm not worried about that though as I think I know the people well enough where I cash my check for it to not be a problem, thank goodness : ) I can't wait to have this money in my hands as I have worked so hard to get my paycheck.  I thought the work ended with regular work.  It was twice as bad as doing the transcription work, jumping through hoops and chasing my 3 disappearing checks down (that were just never actually processed it turns out, and the reason they did all of this to me, I have no idea).  A very abusive company....Thank goodness I have moved on...

ALLTYPE CHECK - Ex-Alltyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for AT in the past until very recently (3 months ago). I never had a problem with my check but once and it was not direct deposited on time and carried me into overdraft due to scheduled bills. AT covered the expense and sent me the money overnight. They had major changes in payroll prior to me leaving, and things get jumbled up sometimes when that happens. Even though I left on not so good of terms with them because I was fed up with certain issues they have, they are still a good company and I would not say anything bad about them. I hope that they do what they are telling you and you finally get your money because I have been in the same spot before with utilities being cut off because I could not get my pay from a company, but AT was not one of them. Please do not let this experience affect how you feel about them or the industry as a whole. They are still a good company and we all have issues with things from time to time beyond our control.

I try to remain positive - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
But the main issue I had with them is they were anything but honest with me. If they would have said, "You will not receive your paycheck until September 10th," directly to me and were honest about it, I could deal with it and make arrangements as I would know what is going on. To do what they did and tell me on three different occasions that it was mailed, then it was overnighted by UPS, then it was sent by 2 day, then I would get it yesterday (Thursday), and they were all lies, my future as far as my utilities and bills go was up in the air, and it was scary. I have a family and need a paycheck I can count on. I don't think the payroll employees and supervisors I dealt with at All Type care about their employees at all. Otherwise, they would not have lied to me about money I needed to count on for my bills. I only needed them to be honest so I could figure out my money and bill situation and so I could know when I was going to be receiving the money I have worked hard for. They were childish especially considering the misspelling of my name (two different ways one above the other after the ton of e-mails, so it doesn't appear as an innocent mistake). They never bothered to process my timecards even from both pay periods, August 1-15th and August 16-30. I am positive about other transcription companies and am trying my best with the one I'm working for now, and I have many years of experience. I just know there are some companies out there like All Type, MedQuist, etc. who seem to have no feeling at all for their employees who are keeping them in business.

Been there too - Dolly

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a company not pay me. They sent me three different paychecks three times in a row for three different pay periods that bounced every time. I sent emails to the president of the company, the HR person and also to the operations manager of the company and no one would respond. I called all three of them and still no response until I said this, "You know, it is illegal to bounce checks." I never threatened anything, but that got their attention. The president of the company sent me an email and had me set up a direct deposit account and he paid me all the money he owed me. Maybe if you just remind them that it is illegal to not pay you for work you did for them, that would get their attention. If it does not, I would turn them over to the Better Business Bureau and contact the state attorney general's office in the state of All Type.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

All Type... - franinpa

[ In Reply To ..]
After reading of your experience, I am so glad I did not accept the position A.T. offered me. It is absolutely inexcusable for companies which demand 98%/99% accuracy of their MTs to allow such incompetents to work in other departments.

That's the problem - Hithere

[ In Reply To ..]
They outsource payroll just like everything else.

Completely agree with you....nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Bad Check Update
Aug 12, 2013

Update from my earlier post. You guys will not believe that I just got a voicemail from Encore stating that the "third" check I put in the bank on Sunday will ALSO BOUNCE!!! You got to be kidding me. Am I suppose to say thank you for telling me that. How about STOP giving me bad checks. They said that the account number on the "NEW" checks they sent out is not correct. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered dealing with a transcription company. The woman said that they were ov ...

Not Sure How To Do An Apparatus Check? (to Type It)
Dec 10, 2009

any ideas...? Doc says:   Stimulator settings (new paragraph) Left 3-, 2-, K positive, 3.5 millivolts, 60 pulse wave?, 180 rate. (new paragraph) Right 6-, K positive, 3.5 millivolts, 60 pulse wave?, 180 rate. (new paragraph)  On the left, impedence 459, current 79.(new paragraph)  On the right, impedence 929, current 39. (new paragraph)  Voltage 2.56. Use 49%.   He says new paragraph after each line so I put in brackets for now (not in the report obviousl ...

STILL NO ALL TYPE CHECK FOR AUGUST 1-15
Sep 04, 2010

Still no check...was told it would be sent overnight Wednesday. Call never returned from the woman in payroll who was going to check on how it was sent. Today is Saturday. This is for work done from August 1st through August 15th, and then I'm expecting a second one for the rest of the month. I have worked for Proscript during the same time period, and I have received 2 paychecks from them on time and ZERO FROM ALLTYPE!  ...

Type 1 Diabetes..check S/l Dexy? .....see Message
Jan 03, 2012

The patient is a type 1 diabetic.  The doctor says:  She does not check her s/l dexy in the morning on weekends.  At another spot in the dictation under the plan the doc says: Check s/l dexy in the morning on weekends and give correction as needed.  TIA ...

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Probably My Next To Last Update
Mar 16, 2010

Just a quick line to let you all know that there are better things out there for you.  I am now 79 days away from graduating with my MD.  The only blocks I have left are orthopedics and pain management.  I have worked my way through medical school, which of course means I did not have much time to study.  None the less, I am in the top 10% of my class, and I attribute it to the information I learned transcribing.  Even if you feel you do not have the 4+ years to put ...

Dqs Update
Apr 08, 2010

Having problems doing the upgrade.  Support is working on it.  In the meantime, does anybody know if not having this installed will create problems with getting jobs?  CCM doesn't know.  So far I've been able to work as usual.  I'm just scared I'll go to log on and be locked out because I don't have the upgrade working yet.  Thanks ...

UPDATE Help Please
Oct 14, 2010

So, I logged on and promptly got booted right off.  Message says I need to "update" (again??) before I can continue.  I am in MQ central as I type but cannot find any update anywhere. Does anyone know where it is hiding?  (under what category or tab...)   Thank you all so much for always helping this old gal!  ...

Help With The Update!
Oct 14, 2010

Okay so when I logged in this morning, I get the message to upgrade.  I am currently using Vista.  When I go to Docqmanage to upgrade, I get the message "The version of DocQscribe you are trying to install requires the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package SP2." I tried to install it, but it says its not compatible with Vista! Somebody Help!!  ...

Another Update??
Nov 01, 2010

Couldn't sign in this morning, says I need to do another update.  I tried to find how to do that with QScare, e-mailing my CCM, but no response after an hour.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Isn't it in MQCentral somewhere?  I wish I could do a search on the site, but I had to navigate through each of the options in every department, and can't find any portal.  Anyone know how to do this? ...

QA Update From Below
Jan 31, 2011

I pointed out the job number and QA person who made two errors in a report after marking me with a Major error.  The QA leader, of course, went over what "I" did wrong and why her QA was correct and mentioned the grammatical errors; however, didn't mention that they were made BY THE QA PERSON and left it implied that they were mine as well.  I have a job interview tomorrow, in-house, doing office work.  Can't wait.  ...

Here's My Update !!!
Jun 27, 2012

Working my new way, I have just made $12.98 per HOUR !!   WHOO HOO !!!   I'm a-liking this !!! ...

Update
Jan 11, 2013

this is from one of my quality coaches or whatever.   A fix is going into place now and they expect us to be up and running soon, so please keep checking back and watch for emails from us.    ...

Dr Address-update
Oct 31, 2009

thanks for all the replies.  It was not listed on any of the sites provided.  She must be a new doc in the area.  Doc said and spelled the name 4 times in report, so I am pretty sure I got the spelling correct.  Thanks again ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

Anybody See The Update From Peter What's-his-name
Apr 02, 2010

on MQ Central just now? Nothing we didn't already know, really, but I think I'm going to go vomit anyway. ...

UPDATE On Error 372
Apr 04, 2010

Well, the head tech guy called today and remotely went on my computer, and he could not find a solution to this error coming up when opening Editscript v 9.  It will not work, so I cannot work.  I have a new job, but I can't work because I can't get ES 9 to work.  Funny thing is, it does this on both my computers, and one is an XP and one is Vista.  What are the odds both computers would give this same error?  The tech guy said they have never seen this error b ...

DQS 6.1 - Anyone Using The Latest DQS Update?
Jun 08, 2010

Is anyone using the latest DQS update?  I think it's 6.1version.  I've already gone through the training on it but haven't heard when it's going to be started.  Thanks ...

An Update....coding Changes
Jun 08, 2010

About 2 weeks ago I posted that our company was sold to an Indian entity and expressed some concerns about the future of my job, having been down that road with MT.  I had expressed those concerns to my manager, who passed them along to our director of human resources, who contacted me this week to discuss them.  I asked her if they had explored at all what happened to MT when the Indian companies came onto (took over) the scene and I explained to her some of the challenges faced by th ...

UPDATE On New IC Account
Jul 13, 2010

The doc has contacted me and we are to meet today at his office.  He has such a heavy accent, I could hardly understand what he was saying.  He is in need of a transcriptionist, and has 50 charts needing to be transcribed.  Not sure what type of equipment he has as of yet, but obviously he must have some kind.   How do I charge him.  I thought about by the line at maybe 12 cpl, but his accent is so heavy, I am thinking it will take me a while before being productive ...

Update On The Hospital Job
Aug 26, 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded and I did call on this job but it was an evening job 3-11 so even though it was 18 bucks an hour that does not work for me have children at home...so back to looking into the MTSO companies and finding the best one out there - if anyone has suggestions let me know ...

Med Workshops - Update
Jun 23, 2011

A while back, I posted about my experience with Med Workshops. Initially, they offered to give me my money back since I had such an awful experience with them. After they were notified by the BBB that I had filed a complaint, they refused to refund my tuition. I wanted to give prospective students a heads up about this school. I really wish that I had done more research before giving them my money. Another thing I found interesting was that they told me not to believe anything that I rea ...

Landmark - Update?
Jan 26, 2011

I worked for Landmark a while ago.  Sorry for all the problems the current MTs are having.  Have the owners come up with a solution about the insurance issue?  Just a thought, but you might try calling your local state representative's office and asking about COBRA and/or an insurance plan run by your state that covers children.  You may also have a county agency that can give you information about insurance coverage.  Of note, the COBRA payment is usually the ent ...

Update On DIT Transcription ?
Feb 16, 2011

I once was employed by DIT but fortunately no longer.  Was wondering if anyone had an update on them.  I am still owed about $1000, but have really given up on ever getting the rest of this money.  I took them to small claims back several years ago.  Are they still in business? Does anyone know?  I got a 1099 with their old address on it which they are supposedly not there anymore.  No one can get an address, much less a phone number because there are more claims out there.  Just wonder ...

Oracle Update
Mar 21, 2011

I haven't seen any recent posts about a lack of work at Oracle.  Have things settled down to where everyone has sufficient work?  I'm working for them PT and have only had 1-2 occasions where I've run out of work; however, my FTE is running out of work on an increasingly frequent basis and, if there's sufficient work at Oracle, I'd be interested in switching over to them as a FT position. Any updates on the status of the work flow?  Judging from the email ...

Update For RVDP
Apr 05, 2011

**UPDATE** After 37 views and no answer to be found I went back as usual to check this report after QA. For future reference for those of you that even looked to try to help here is the answer to RDVP. It really does exist. Thanks to those of you that tried.   RDVP/respiratory direct viral panel ...

Precyse Update
Jun 11, 2011

I was just wondering what is happening at Precyse.  I left Precyse last month after they sent my fourth account over to India, and there was no work.  Management kept telling us to be patient and just use PTO, but we had not really had any work for months and had already used up most of the PTO.  They blamed the no work situation on the bad weather during the winter.  I am at a new company now, and they seem to appreciate me, which Precyse did not.  My team leader ...