A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oracle update - OTIer

Posted: Mar 21, 2011

I haven't seen any recent posts about a lack of work at Oracle.  Have things settled down to where everyone has sufficient work?  I'm working for them PT and have only had 1-2 occasions where I've run out of work; however, my FTE is running out of work on an increasingly frequent basis and, if there's sufficient work at Oracle, I'd be interested in switching over to them as a FT position.

Any updates on the status of the work flow?  Judging from the emails I've been receiving, it looks like there's been a rather steady flow for about 2 weeks now.

Any input appreciated!

Don't count chickens. They are STILL running out of work. - OTIer2

[ In Reply To ..]
I promise you, they are a fickle company.

Nothing has changed at OTI for me - still running out of work

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're looking for a consistent work load, especially full-time, my advice would be to look elsewhere. I haven't had sufficient or steady work at OTI for at least the past 2 or 3 years. Oracle is okay for part-time or for a little supplemental income, but I sure wouldn't rely on them for my regular paycheck.

Similar Messages:

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

Anyone Know What's Up With Oracle/OTI?
Jan 31, 2010

I haven't had much work for months.  Since last summer actually.  Can never make minimum.  I have another part-time job so I'll survive, and I do like that company on a whole, but there has been NO WORK.  They keep promising new accounts that never happen.  Is it just me?  Are there some Oracle workers that are happy and have enough work? I know sometimes it is famine time as an MT, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they lost some big accounts or somethi ...

Where Is Oracle? 
Aug 12, 2010

Where is Oracle?  I miss her intelligent answers.     ...

Oracle Pay Cut
Nov 10, 2010

Just wondering - how many at Oracle got a pay cut 10/01?  Not trying to start problems - just disappointed in them and wondering.  ...

Does Anyone Know If OTI/Oracle Has Given Up On Their ASR?
May 03, 2011

Just noticing that I am getting some regular transcription that used to be ASR. ...

Oracle?
May 22, 2011

I've applied to Oracle....any thoughts?  Are they heavy ESL?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

Anyone Get The Job With Oracle - OTI??
Nov 13, 2012

Sounds like a pretty reasonable place to work. Hardly ever read any posts here about them so I assume, no news is good news and their employees must be fairly content. Just curious, as they seldom hire. I applied, but I am acute care/hospital transcription and they were looking for people to fill multispecialty clinic account, so folks who have an extensive background in clinic work. Just curious if anyone has started and how they like it. Also curious if there are any who have been with ...

Does Oracle (OTI) Still Have ASR?
Oct 09, 2013

d ...

Haynes And Oracle
May 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Haynes Transcription or Oracle transcription. If so, I would like to get good or bad info on them.   Thanx ...

Oracle Transcription?
Jul 20, 2010

Does anyone currently (or you did sometime this year) work for Oracle Transcription? If so, what's your experience been like? I'm interested in working with them part time as an IC. ...

Oracle Workload
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how the workload is at Oracle?  I'm tired of it being slow all the time where I am currently.  I'm concerned about taking a new position and it being the same-o, same-o. ...

Is Oracle And OTI The Same Company?
Jun 23, 2011

Is Oracle and OTI the same company?  Any info on either?  Thanks. ...

Oracle Or Landmark? And Why?
Sep 23, 2010

Which one would you choose, and why?  (I am experienced on Bayscribe, a platform they both use.) ...

Oracle Info Please
Sep 25, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Oracle? Good or bad is welcome. ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

If You Are New Or Old For Oracle OTI, Please Answer.
Oct 16, 2010

No one answers my emails when I ask why my accounts have no work. It's been going on for a very long time, but so much worse now.  I thought a new account was going ot start, but I haven't heard a word about it.  Is something going on that I don't know about?  I realize they were going to be switching to more SR and MTs weren't all that happy about it (my own pay will be 1.5 CPL lower and only 4CPL for SR work), but what happened?I absolutely hate coming to a r ...

Oracle/OTI Transcription
Dec 10, 2010

I've just started working with Oracle, and seem to like it okay so far. However, I am reading all these posts here about pay decreases, no work, and no communication. Is this all sudden and not typical of them? I'm a little worried now. I know lots of companies get bashed on this board and some for silly reasons, but I was wondering if there was any truth behind the posts here, or if it's just a few "unhappy" MTs. Anything you can share would be great! Thanks so much! ...

Oracle Or Landmark?
Jan 14, 2011

Which would you choose? ...

Oracle Transciption (OTI)
Feb 02, 2011

Does anyone know anything about how this company is to work for?  Thanks. ...

Oracle Question
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone know an e-mail address for OTI?  I would like to e-mail them in regard to questions I need to have answered before filling out their online app simply because if I don't like what I hear that will save me and them time in the longrun.  I could not find an addy on their website.  Thanks in advance. ...

OTI/Oracle Question
Feb 07, 2011

Does anyone know what Oracle/OTI's line requirement is for P/T IC work? TIA!!! ...

Oracle Out Of Work - Sm
Feb 23, 2011

My friend just started and has been off of QA maybe 2 days typing full time and just ran out of work.  I am supposed to train soon to come on board.  Makes me very nervous that they overhired and are still hiring. ...

Oracle/OTI Question
Apr 27, 2011

I know that Oracle/OTI's ASR is done on Bayscribe.  I have worked on Bayscribe before and like the platform (for straight typing anyway as that's all I've done on Bayscribe).   But my question, is Oracle's ASR as good as I've been told?  The pay that they're offering sounds pretty low, especially for an IC, but I was told that could be made up for by the increased number of lines produced.  Anyone here with experience with them?  Is i ...

Good Or Bad, About Oracle
Aug 04, 2011

Does anyone have any info, good or bad, about Oracle.  What I read on their website looked promising.  Thanks. ...

How Is Oracle To Work For?
Sep 07, 2011

How is Oracle to work for? ...

Did Anyone Else Just Get That Oracle Email?
Oct 07, 2011

Maybe its just me, but it just doesn't sit well.  Basically - thanks for applying (a long time ago), sorry we have not hired you yet, but gee, if you could please send some business our way we will give you a bonus and move your name to the front of the hiring list?  Does this seem odd to anyone else? ...

What's The Word On Oracle?
Apr 16, 2012

Good/bad/indifferent? Plenty of work or do you sit there twiddling your thumbs? ...

Just Applied At Oracle
Jun 07, 2012

I just applied at Oracle.  I don't understand what they pay per line.  It says they have eScription as one of their platforms.  They want 3500 LPH part-time, 5000 LPH full-time.  Are they still in business or really hiring.  I was able to get onto their site but I seem to find things about them that are old - like comments.  Also, are they a big company?    Thank you.  ...

For Those Of You Working At Oracle
Jun 18, 2012

do you have work or are you sitting NJA? what makes it so great? ...