A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NEMT Insurance? - Fajita

Posted: Aug 11, 2011

Can anyone shed some light on what kind of insurance NEMT (Maine) has for their employees and the cost?  Thanks!

Could be wrong but aren't they all ICs? - Worked there briefly

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there briefly and don't recall them offering insurance, just IC status, but I could be wrong. Perhaps one of their current MTs will have more info.

Current Editor/Mentor position on MTJobs - Says it is an employee position. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MTs are all ICs - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
But not sure if they offer insurance to the management/hourly people.

Thanks for your response! - Fajita

[ In Reply To ..]
This position is an employee position, so I assume it would have insurance. I appreciate your time!

Actually it says statutory employee which is more like an IC. sm - Barbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Stat. employees get part of their taxes taken out by employee but that is the only difference versus IC.

Similar Messages:

NEMT, Seriously?
Aug 04, 2010

Has anyone taken the IC pre-hiring test for NEMT?  It's four dictations and a fill-in-the-blank.  Like lots of other MTs, I'm trying to find some extra $$$ because my primary has been running low on work lately.  I thought I did quite well, only one dictation did I leave three blanks because it was ESL and although I'm usually proficient with ESL, we all know it takes time to acclimate yourself to the dictator.  They sent me a polite e-mail this ...

The NEMT Gal
Aug 07, 2010

Just days after doubting myself a bit and worrying about not finding more work, I landed a great IC gig yesterday!  Got my resume out there and timing is everything.  Better pay, opportunity to advance, straight transcription, and most of all less chance of running out of work.  To all the MTs out there struggling and staying with a company that sucks, it is possible to get out.  It's taken me 2-1/2 years of doing IC to get to this point.  Keep pushing and never g ...

I Know Pay Is Low At NEMT, But Is There
Oct 23, 2010

I need a part-time IC job and was hoping they had enough work to go around. They use Meditech, right? ...

NEMT EIN
Jan 14, 2011

Can anyone inbox me NEMTs EIN for taxes.  They said they will not be mailing 1099 until end of the month!! ...

TTS And NEMT
May 24, 2012

Has anyone worked for TTS before?  Do you know if the quality of work is good?  They seem to only want a committment to 15 jobs a day.  How can that be? Can anyone give me any information on NEMT?  Are they good to work for? Thank you so much.  ...

NEMT On VR?
Mar 31, 2014

Does anyone know if NEMT is utilizing VR on Chartnet?  TIA? ...

NEMT Anything?
Jul 14, 2014

Has anyone heard anything from NEMT on their two jobs on MTjobs posted over a week or more ago? ...

My NEMT Experience
Feb 22, 2011

Just wanted to post my experience with NEMT for everyone.  For me this is an absolutely fantastic place to work.  Basically, if you can produce good quality work and want to be appreciated for it then this would be a good fit. What you've heard about them being picky is true.  If you want to work for them you better bring your A game and you have GOT to be able to accept constructive criticism.  BUT, the QA is very consistent, fair and helpful.  Not to mention real ...

My Experience With NEMT
Apr 02, 2011

I thought I would let everyone know the experience I had with NEMT.  I have never had an experience quite like this one.  Do not assume when you are hired that you HAVE the job.  I was hired as an IC MT for NEMT.  I started my orientation, which is basically training, not this last Monday but the Monday before.  You get on at 7 am cst and stay on until 1 pm cst.  You have to have a minimum of 5 reports during that time, which was not possible except for one day.&nbs ...

Amphion Vs NEMT Vs TTS
Aug 27, 2012

anyone know how these companies are to work for? GOOD OR BAD... ...

NEMT, Out Of Maine
Nov 13, 2013

Does anyone have recent experience working for NEMT (New England Medical Transcription) out of Maine? I like the idea of being IC instead of employee and just looking for some honest personal experiences MTs have had with them.  Thanks!  ...

NEMT Pay On Time?
Jul 10, 2014

Could anyone who has worked for or currently work for NEMT tell how they are to work for as far as QA goes, if they pay on time, and whether or not you run out of work on a regular basis? Thanks! ...

NEMT Not Hiring MTs In MI/IL
Jul 26, 2014

FYI for everyone looking to hire into NEMT, they do not hire anyone located in Michigan or Illinois :) Thought I would let you know so you don't waste your time. I am personally done with the MT game. Start a bus driver job this week, will be making the same I did with all these recent MTSOs with a much better schedule. What a crying shame what the industry has come to. Don't hire with Keystrokes either, they are losing accounts as well. Good luck. ...

Anyone Work For NEMT
Sep 11, 2014

Would you tell me the good/bad about this organization?  Sometimes the good outweighs the bad and that is what I am looking for in a company.   ...

InScribe And NEMT
Sep 23, 2014

I was wondering if anyone could give me some Info about InScribe or NEMT? Pros, cons. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has tested with NEMT how long did it take to hear back? Thank you ...

NEMT Good, Bad Or Otherwise?
Jan 05, 2015

Anyone have any info on NEMT? Appreciate any input here. thanks ...

NEMT Info Anyone
Feb 11, 2015

Has anyone ever worked for or know anything about NEMT?  It seems as if they are always looking for MTs.  I just heard from them and was thinking of pursuing the opportunity.  I would sincerely appreciate any input, good or bad.  Thank you! ...

NEMT Anyone Tested
Feb 15, 2015

Has anyone tested for NEMT?  If so, what did you think?  Thanks! ...

NEMT Testing?
Feb 28, 2015

So, did anyone ever receive a job offer from NEMT? I tested at 2 a.m., after working two other shifts, in order to meet their 24-hour deadline.  Wasn't feeling very "elite," shouldn't have even submitted it, but didn't want to be a no-show. ...

NEMT / IC & Schedule
Jun 25, 2015

So is this legit?  Most places I've worked in the past 10 or so years gave me a 24-hour window to accomplish my goal for the day.  I tend to work best in chunks with time in between for, you know, life.  I get that if I were an independent contractor to a lawn service, say, I obviously wouldn't mow lawns at 2:00 a.m.  But "the client needs a schedule" seems a little wonky. Any thoughts - preferably the productive kind and not the snarky kind please... ...

NEMT - Any Recent Info?
Jul 10, 2012

Need recent info - searched archives, but nothing recent.  They don't seem to want to disclose their line rate. ...

Interesting Award??--NEMT
Aug 09, 2012

My friend who is attending the AHDI conference in Indianapolis just texted me that the company we are ICs for (New England Medical Transcription) was awarded the Employer of the Year.  Now isn't that strange--we're all ICs and the only "employees" are management!  They use ICs illegally and get awarded for it! And here we sit on NJA all the time.    Must have been hard up for nominees is all I can say.  ...

ADHI Finally Got Something Right! NEMT
Aug 10, 2012

ADHI named NEMT as the employer of the year, which for once I actually agree with them on!  Aftering being with this company for over 2 years I have to say they are awesome to work for. For example, The owner sends emails to all the ICs letting them know what is going on with the company as a whole, rather than keeping everyeone in the dark and having everything be all hush hush and on a need to know basis.   We get paid weekly and get $50 each quarter for passing our audits.   ...

Anyone Have Any Info On NEMT,Maine
Jul 07, 2014

2013 is the latest I found in archives, was wondering if all the good stuff posted still holds true. Really down and out with current job and need change.  So wondering how they are to work for, schedule flexibility,  wages, platform.  Any info appreciated.   TIA ...

NEMT Line Rate
Jul 07, 2014

Hi all, Would someone who works for NEMT mind telling us the company's line rate? They have an ad on the other board and don't mention their compensation. ...

Any NEMT Support Team Out There?
Feb 13, 2015

your experience with NEMT is like as part of the support team. What is your average line count? What are the accounts like? Lots of ESL? Lots of speech? Lots of traditional transcription? Is the pay rate the same for both speech and transcription? Would love to hear some of your experience there. ...

NEMT - How Long Does It Take For Them To Get Back
Feb 17, 2015

I tested for them and a couple of others. Got offers for the others but would like to see what NEMT can do before I accept anything. Does anyone have any idea how long they take to respond after testing? This happened once before with another company I heard from after I accepted another offer. Don't want to jump the gun but don't want to not have a job either. ...

NEMT - Anyone Else Refused Because Of The State They Live In?
Jan 26, 2010

I live in MI, and I'm looking to supplement my current IC accounts, so applied with them.  Their response is they don't hire anyone living in MI!!  This is the first time I have ever had a company say anything like this.  Just curious. ...

NEMT - New England Medical Transcription
Oct 08, 2010

Not sure what is up but find it odd with this company.  I passed their tests and of course they send me paperwork to fill out as a new hire whjich I did.  Get an email stating that the HR person would contact me to set up an interview.  Okay, maybe I need a nap, but I sent them paperwork telling them the schedule that I would be available to work; sent it along with testing files, then got another email as to my schedule and availablility (this was with the "Welcome to NEMT email").  I get a ...

MD-IT, Southern Transcription Services, Or NEMT
Oct 27, 2010

Hello!  I am looking to supplement my FT work.  I have had offers from all 3 companies and am having trouble making up my mind.  Anyone with GEMS cardiology comments (cannot keep line count, paid by dictated minute)?  ChartNet platform comments?  STS?  I have spoken to very nice people at all companies, and they seem to be organized and helpful.  Any advice or comments would be welcome.  Thanks for your time. ...