A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ACCENTUS/TRANSOLUTIONS - ANNE

Posted: Mar 20, 2012

Medical Transcription just keeps going downhill.  They expect more and pay less.  I work for Accentus now and actually love my account and got my pay up to 5 cents for SR and 9 cents for transcription, but I have to work 10 hours a day just to make ends meet.  They pay based on how many lines you type per hour so it can change every pay period.  It's better than what I had at Transcend.  The only thing is that my supervisor is a narcissist, very mean, tears you down without building you up, so I feel no security here.

You can make decent doing VR at M*Modal without - feeling insecure.

[ In Reply To ..]
Bullying is not allowed and CCMs are required to treat you with respect, as well as QA coach.

Never had a problem being talked down to and never felt stressed about losing my job. I make 5cpl for VR and 9 for straight typing and I am tier 3.

Since its such a big company, you dont get a lot of the nit-picking that goes on with some of the smaller company and I feel secure in that.

what is your definition of decent? - withering away at MM

[ In Reply To ..]
I make more than you and I am having a hard time making a "decent" living, so I am wondering what you feel is decent.

I feel stressed about losing my job daily, like a little India Bell dinging in my ears. My CCM talks about all of the MTs behind their backs and my QA coach inadvertently let that slip! Thats a form of bullying if you ask me.

Definition of decent - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
this poster was describing what she thought was reasonable pay, at least thats what I got out of it.

She went on to say that she was uncomfortable with her job because of the troubles she was having with supervisors or whatever, I simply responded and told her that she can make that elsewhere and not have to feel insecure with her job or deal with a narcissist boss.

I was simply explaining to her, that I dont have that problem where I work and I make the same thing she does.

Sorry your experience sucks, but mine isn't that way. To each their own.

And by the way, I dont appreciate your rude tone just because your pissed off. I dont have the problems you do and I am content with my CCM and for the record, I dont feel bullied.

Sounds like you need to take that attitude up with your CCM or her boss or maybe HR, not me.
How was she rude? - just passing through
[ In Reply To ..]
I just read and re-read "what is your definition of decent" and don't see how she was rude to you in any way, shape or form. She was just stating her experience at MM and asked you what you considered decent. I don't see how you could have taken offense to her comments. Not the OP, just puzzled.

If you are busy working - how do you have time

[ In Reply To ..]
To gossip or lolligag with your QA coach about the CCM??

Clearly we all work remotely and they have a job to do just like we do. So unless you are calling her or she is calling you or emailing back and forth on company email, which I doubt anyone in their right mind would be emailing folks saying the CCM is talking about them...

But how do you manage to get your job done? I dont have that kind of contact with my CCM and QA coach, its all strictly professional. No one calls me or emails me.

The only emails I get are group emails for the whole team and they are work-related and none of them threatening.

Dont "assume" everyone's job is as bad as yours and since you make more than 5cpl for VR and 9cpl straight typing I am guessing you are talking 6cpl VR and 10cpl - With that being said, its your own fault your struggling.

Maybe if you get off this board and quit gossiping with your QA person you can make some money. Whose fault is it you're "withering away at mmodal?"
Geez, maybe she works nights - You assume that she
[ In Reply To ..]
is supposed to be working while she is on this board. Maybe she works 2nd or 3rd shift and is here on her own time. And maybe the QA person just told her this in passing. You really are jumping to conclusions. I don't see how her comments provoked this kind of response. JMO, of course. Have a soothing day!

maybe she meant decent as opposed to some - who offer 3 or only pay 4cpl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree about the no bullying and security at M*Modal - MT4

[ In Reply To ..]
As in the old days, I know how many lines I have to do in a payperiod to make the amount of money I want to make. Yes the VR is less, but I see it as like normals in the old days. Olden times we were paid for things we did not type but pulled in, now we are paid half for what we pull in and then edit. So in my mind, it's a normal and if needs more than just correcting I straight type it and they give you that option for straight typing rate if it is that difficult. There is no bullying in my region at all, CCM and QA/MMEs are very professional and to the point. Otherwise, I am left to myself to be sure that I am 99% or above which is doable because there are enough tools given to us and I have years of experience, and I have my schedule which means there is going to be work there.. (people are not allowed to sneak on and steal lines like in other companies). So it is cut and dry. People might not like that. I do. I see it as a way to be professional and earn money, not the huge amount of years ago, but enough to pay the rent and have some left over after bills are paid. So if you don't want bullying, it's to be found here. You just have to be professional.

See message - previous poster

[ In Reply To ..]
When I said so if you don't want bullying it's to be found here, I meant it as no bullying is found here. Just reread it and did not want anyone to misconstrue my statement.
MModal experiences vary tremendouisly! - Accts, CCM, etc. go from one end of the spectrum .
[ In Reply To ..]
to the other!!! For those with stable good acounts and good CCMs, more power to you! Be thankful every day for what you have; it could be gone tomorrow.

Others are not so lucky and I don't think they should be put down for expressing their concerns.

I personally have done ASR where I DID increase production enough to equal it out. HOWEVER, there are FEW accounts this is true for. And the ones that are tend to go through relearning too often.

People need to give each other a break and try to understand other's issues.

I try hard not to judge others. JMHO.
Yes, experiences do vary. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
After a time at a smaller company where QA were allowed to run rampant with rude ''feedback'', even phone calls to MTs(!), randomly called acct meetings that provided minimal useful information and seemed more to be for the purpose of providing a platform for the rude head QA to pontificate and boast about her awesome authority to "write up" MTs, I was eager to return to the big Q. Unfortunately, my accounts defied description---horrible sound quality, horrible dictators (after 25 years with no problems with ESLs), reams of account instructions and exceptions to account instructions, few samples to reference. The one rude QA I encountered whose feedback never failed to be snippy and condescending provided the impetus to leave the Q for good. (For a lower cpl but the pleasure of not having to deal with the constant barely audible/unintelligible dictation and the nasty commentary of a neurotic who had no business being in QA in the first place.) Companies that allow their QA to go off on power trips do themselves a huge disservice.
Wow really? MMEs have no contact with MTs - only QA coach.
[ In Reply To ..]
They no longer have a QA dept, they only have MMEs now and they have no contact with the MTs whatsoever.
Wish it had been that way a few years ago. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Then, we clicked on the individual feedback after it was given and it showed what the ''blank'' was filled in with, along with a space for QA comments.
Yes, MMEs have contact with MTs - ozzymt
[ In Reply To ..]
In my region, anyway. Any time I send in a report to QA, an MME checks it and can leave remarks in the comment section. Also, if a certain doctor is on 100% QA, the MME also checks it and can also leave comments. The only time my QC checks reports is during an official audit.
Accentus - Anne
[ In Reply To ..]
You are all right, it doesn't matter if you work at the same company, a lousy supervisor can make your work miserable. If it weren't for that, I really like it here. At Accentus you need a minimum of 115 lines per hour of typing and 200 lines per hour of VR. There are 4 tiers. There are 4 tiers, 7-10 cents typing & 4-6.5 cents VR. It took me 6 month to get to 2nd tier, and now almost at 3rd after 10 months.

Similar Messages:

I Have An Interview Next Week With Accentus/Transolutions
Oct 27, 2011

Does anyone have any thoughts about them?  I put out 6 resumes and so far 2 companies responded, Accentus and Nuance.  Right now I'm most interested in hearing from anyone with insight about Accentus - starting pay, experiences etc.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Current Info On Transolutions/Accentus
Dec 15, 2011

I know there used to be a lot of happy folks at Transolutions, now owned by Accentus.  I can't find much recent info as to happiness/contentedness with pay and procedures, etc.  I am particularly concerned about changes since the Accentus swapover. Thoughts and/or comments?  Thanks very much. ...

I Applied With Accentus/Transolutions And Have Been Invited (sm)
Jan 09, 2012

to test with them. I have never been involved in editing and was wondering if I should even bother with the testing? For those who work there, are you happy? Is there enough work? Is the pay at least decent?   TIA ...

HR Person At Accentus/transolutions Quits Same Day. Ad On Board.
Jun 03, 2013

Taken over by Nuance.  Wonder what she knew that we should.  Secrets. ...

Transolutions In IL
May 15, 2010

I've looked through the archives but wanted to hear from either via reply post or email anyone's current experience with this company.  They seem flexible on their scheduling, use M-Modal (which I've never used).  TIA ...

Transolutions...
Apr 13, 2011

I was curious if anyone has applied at Transolutions and knows what they are paying currently.  The add * says very competitive pay.  ...

Transolutions - Yay Or Nay
May 09, 2011

Just need a yay or nay. ...

Can I Get Some Feedback On Transolutions?
Nov 05, 2009

Does anyone work for Transolutions or have any feedback to offer?  Thanks ahead of time. ...

Transolutions - Any Information
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Transolutions?  Thanks for any info you can provide. ...

Transolutions - Anything Positive
Jul 01, 2010

Anyone have anything positive to say about Transolutions or more specifically their recent experience with the Apex platform? ...

Transolutions...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 19, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies, one of which is Transolutions. Trying to find out if there's anything positive to be said about Transolutions.   Thanksabunch ...

Job Offer From Transolutions
Jun 09, 2010

I have a job offer from Transolutions, but I have a couple of questions.   I use Instant Text and I need to know if their platform is compatible with it.  This would definitely be a dealbreaker for me.   The opinions of the company I read on this board were not very favorable -- slow speech rec program,  too much speech rec, etc.  But all the opinions were at least 2 years old.  Is there any more current information out there?   The pay scale is very enticing, but if the ...

Transolutions And IMedx
Jul 17, 2010

Anyone know anything about working at Transolutions? How about iMedx? ...

Amphion And Transolutions
Oct 31, 2010

I have had offers from both Amphion and Transolution. I was just curious if anyone had insight into either of those companies. I am really tired of choosing the wrong company to work for. I think I picked a good one and then end up being so low on work that I can't pay my bills. Please help, I don't want to make this mistake again. Thanks ...

Transolutions - Good/Bad??
Feb 01, 2011

I just need some info from anyone that works or did work there. Thanks ...

Info On Transolutions?
Mar 08, 2011

Any info on Transolutions. Good/bad/ugly? TIA! ...

Currently Working For Transolutions, Inc ?
May 14, 2011

Hi, Has anyone ever worked or currently working for Transolutions, Inc.  Any input about this company is appreciated... ...

Transolutions And Keystrokes
May 18, 2011

I have heard negatives about both, but every single company seems to have a negative and I am coming from a very negative company. Can I hear some recent news on these two? I have to decide. ...

Post Below About Transolutions
May 27, 2011

There's a post below about Transolutions, but nobody addressed the NJA issue.  Does this happen in a big way at this company?  I don't mean the usual LITTLE slumps here and there around a big holiday, I'm talking NJA on a regular basis. ...

Transolutions Few Positions Available
Jun 02, 2011

When I spoke with the recruiter, it sounded like there were just a few positions available. Yet, another recruiting ad showed up on Tuesday evening at another major MT recruiting website. So, I'm wondering, is the recruiter using the old trick of sounding like I'd better jump and grab one of those "few" positions, or did a bunch of people who were already hired suddenly quit? I wonder why Transolutions has had so many recruiting ads lately. Again, I was told that there were only ...

Transolutions And MModal?
Jun 08, 2011

I am wondering about the MModal platfrom and how it compares to other SR software.  Is it as good as Editscript?  How many lines, edited and typed, can you average an hour on MModal?  Thanks in advance. ...

Transolutions - What's The Consensus?
Jun 28, 2011

I don's see a lot about this company anywhere. What's the consensus? Thanks everyone in advance. ...

Transolutions STAR Team
Oct 24, 2009

They asked me to test... I did look at archives and see the usual some people love it, some hate it.  Any recent comments on the STAR team? Is that being a floater, helping out on multiple accounts?  Maybe like specials team at Spheris...  ...

Transolutions....any Current Info
May 08, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on Transolutions?  I checked the archives and I could only find posts from 2007.  Thanks! ...

Transolutions, Inc - Any Current Info?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have any current info on this company?  I searched the archives but found only old posts.  Thanks in advance for your reply! ...

How Are Things At Transolutions These Days?
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone care to shed some light on how things are at Transolutions these days? Is there plenty of work? Thinking about this company and would love to hear current input from employees. I have read the archives and saw that QA can be tough and M-Modal isn't the greatest software. I am working on M-Modal where I am now and it's not my favorite, but Transolutions at least pays more and I am hoping that they have more work than where I am now. ...

Applied To Transolutions A Few Days Ago
Jun 17, 2011

I applied to Transolutions a few days ago shortly after they posted their ad, but have heard nothing. Just wondered if anyone else has applied and had no response? I'm not a newbie, but have over 15 years in the medical transcription industry. ...

Looking For Any Up-to-date Information About Transolutions. I Have (sm)
Jan 01, 2011

read the archives and there has not been a whole lost posted recently.  The corporate office is in Illinois.  Looking for good/bad, platform info, pay, flexibility of schedules, etc. Thanks so much! ...

Recent Info On Transolutions?
Jan 29, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on Transolutions?  I'm not finding much on here.  Are they a decent company to work for?  Pay and benefits any good?  Are they pretty flexible?  Positive and negative comments welcome.  Thanks!    ...

Any Current Info On Transolutions?
May 06, 2011

Hi.  Does anyone have any current info on Transolutions?  I've been offered a position with them, and just want to find out as much as I can before I accept.  Thanks!  ...