Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Perspective - You are one of the lucky ones

Posted: Sep 27th, 2022 - 10:06 pm In Reply to: Again, I agree. Outside of the Covid lockdown, I have never - been without work. I also decided to branch

It’s also okay to move on to another type of job if MT doesn’t meet your needs. Some people are self supporting and need more than part-time or occasional work. The person who said making big paychecks were possible…maybe, but you have to get the right accounts and steady workflow. I wouldn’t recommend doing coding and MT at the same time unless you want to wind up in a padded cell. When MT ended for me, I worked as a medical records tech, recently retired and now work at the library 2 days a week. Our branch is busy with lots of outreach programs and people coming in to get books and socialize. People have said libraries are dying too, it will be interesting to see in 5 years or so. There is going to be a lot more digital material material, and possibly not as many branches. Technology affects a lot of occupations these days. PAs and docs don’t “train to be secretaries,” that is why they have medical assistants who can do the documentation. I’m not attacking anyone, just trying to be realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)